MLT on SSN confirmation of Consortium involvment

Griffo

But he does know more than he wants to make public at the moment :D

Hypo, there are a couple of posters who do know more but I think a level of discretion is needed until things are more firm.

I have just called Tony Lynam to make sure nothing was being said out of line on the forum, which Im pleased to say hasnt yet! Although he did express his client's wishes of complete Anonymity at the moment. More details will be released as and when so no pestering Mr Lynam please peeps!

So please if you know anything do not post names.

Things are moving so fingers crossed. But as I have said in other posts, please do not get over excited yet as nothing is certain. It is all down Fry etc and the main creditors

Whoaw!

Hold your horses, guys and gals. If these people really are very involved in due diligence, we should hold back on the 'please, please tell' emails. They've got more important things to do - especially if they are a bit behind in the process.

After all, we all know what happened when we pestered Paul Allan :rolleyes:

Duncan your lack of enthusiasm shines through, or am I reading it wrong?

No, not at all.

"The names" mean little to me but I am sure MLT would not put his name to anything without being happy with what these guys are about. As for timings - I reckon it will have to be this week.

Whoaw!

Hold your horses, guys and gals. If these people really are very involved in due diligence, we should hold back on the 'please, please tell' emails. They've got more important things to do - especially if they are a bit behind in the process.

After all, we all know what happened when we pestered Paul Allan :rolleyes:

Good point, sorry I just couldnt resist asking. I'm a bad boy:smt009

I have just called Tony Lynam to make sure nothing was being said out of line on the forum, which Im pleased to say hasnt yet! Although he did express his client's wishes of complete Anonymity at the moment.

This is my fear, that peoples desires to be seen as ITK will yet again get the better of them and they will spout their mouths off.

For once, please take note of the request to keep mouths SHUT until it is publicly revealed by the investors themselves.

I don't pretend to understand the coming out of administration procedure! How can we ensure that we don't get lumbered with a further points deduction? Is it making sure the creditors are paid to a level which is satisfactory or is it more complex. Would be interested to hear from anyone who knows!!

I don't pretend to understand the coming out of administration procedure! How can we ensure that we don't get lumbered with a further points deduction? Is it making sure the creditors are paid to a level which is satisfactory or is it more complex. Would be interested to hear from anyone who knows!!

What the creditors get paid and the remit of the football league are 2 different beasts. Its up to the creditors to accept/reject an offer for the purchase of assets they've placed in the hands of administrators. Unless I am very much mistaken, the FL cant deduct points if a buyer does a deal with the creditors

No reason why people can't give their feelings about a certain party taking over. I have no desire to know who the people are but I would be very interested to know what respected posters feelings are to them taking control.

TbH Hypo - I don't think anyone really know who (if either) would be best -we will have to wait and a) hope at least one of the 2 bids (if both eventually bid) are acceptable to Fry and b) they are then prepared to invest in the team.

I think I know the identities of both but apart from the fact one has MLT on board and the other doesn't at this stage I would if pushed, I suppose, favour the MLT group under the assumption that presumably Matt would have done a little diligence himself!! But who knows?

The good thing it seems there is at least one and probably two interested parties but as Exit 2 and Weston Saint have quite rightly pointed out nothing has been signed yet and too much prying at this stage could potentially jeopardise what must be quite awkward negotiations.

There's 2 pieces of good news if MLT is giving his name in whatever capacity to this takeover:

1. He believes it to be the best deal with the best people available. It is likely he has better insider info on offers than we all do.

2. Lowe is not involved - even indirectly.

Gotta be good.

TbH Hypo - I don't think anyone really know who (if either) would be best -we will have to wait and a) hope at least one of the 2 bids (if both eventually bid) are acceptable to Fry and b) they are then prepared to invest in the team.

I think I know the identities of both but apart from the fact one has MLT on board and the other doesn't at this stage I would if pushed, I suppose, favour the MLT group under the assumption that presumably Matt would have done a little diligence himself!! But who knows?

The good thing it seems there is at least one and probably two interested parties but as Exit 2 and Weston Saint have quite rightly pointed out nothing has been signed yet and too much prying at this stage could potentially jeopardise what must be quite awkward negotiations.

Thanks Duncan. That's interesting and good to know. Maybe it would be best if takeover talk was suspended for a couple of days on here? I would support that.

Nick, influence is not illegal where objective decisions are being made. It is decision-making based on a holistic view. There are more intangibles in society old friend than just black and white legal decisions. The law serves society.

MPs should state our case to Fry... but only if necessary. The decision being made here directly influences the morale of the people of Southampton in potentially difficult times. That has political connertations.

Although I admire your enthusiasm :smt041 if Mark Fry is doing his job properly then the moral of the people in Southampton will make no difference.

He will accept the best deal for creditors. Sentiment (unfortunately) won't come into it as he will be entirely professional in what he does.

I have purposely not asked for the details of the parties behind the money and I am pleased that they want to stay anonymous. That suggests real intent rather that publicity seekers or tyre kickers.

I note the email from Tony Lynam particularly "We are aware of Mr Le Tissiers comments to local press, and are pleased to have his support, should I recommend that this purchase goes to completion" That hardly says LeTissier is fronting the bid or part of it.

Like I say, Media Hype.

I am sure Le Tissier wouldn't put his name to something if he didn't think it would go through.

I am very confident this will happen. When has MLT ever let us down?????

Never is the answer to that.

But don't forget its Mark Fry's call, not MLT as to who buys it. Having MLT as part of a plan doesn't guarantee his people/group will get it. But I totally agree, I can't possibly imagine he would have spoken publicly without knowing himself the probability of success??

What makes anyone think that Matthew Le Tissier would have anything to offer to the running of a football club?

I'd say the fact he knows what this club is about, and what the fans want from it, better than anyone else means he has a lot to offer.

For too long the club has had a very negative presence due to Lowe and his team and it's about time someone came in and united this club properly, and injected some positivity back in.

There's no doubt in my mind Matt's presence would do just that, and i also think the fans are able to trust him in terms of always doing what's in the best interests of the club. Maybe having someone we can trust run the club would focus fans minds on th actual football.

What makes anyone think that Matthew Le Tissier would have anything to offer to the running of a football club?

get real mush,nobody has said le tiss is going to run the club,just his presence on the board would do for me,legend

No he was not, I had said it was a possibility but I always doubted it to be likely.Going into administration was never going to definitely get rid of him as many had believed it would. You still havent come back with your proof or apology by the way.Not able to I suspect

nick...I have tried believe me...the system has only let me go back 300 posts, and with your rate of posting, this means I have only been able to search back about a month. Never mind, there has been many a post you haven't come back on, so you can take the moral high-ground on this one.

New rule at SMS - we have to stop hiring people whose parents couldn't be bothered to give them names. Just makes it really difficult when it comes to takeovers with there being so many different people working at the club who are unnamed. In future, policy should be to hire people only if they have a distinctive moniker - a simple John or Judy would suffice. Not too much to ask is it?

REPLY FROM ENQUIRY TO PINNACLE WITHIN THE LAST HOUR:

Lance

Thank you for our e-mail.

At this stage, it would be inappropriate to make any details known about our client, or his interest in the potential purchase of Southampton FC and its associated companies.

[...]

With kind regards

Tony Lynam

Managing Director

Third person singular. That suggests we're not looking at a consortium but a single weathly individual. Very interesting...

Plus i can def imagine the board will be a lot more open and fan friendly with tiss onboard.

in George Reasders days or even Alan Woodford the board was not open BUT all i want, as they did then, is make sensable decisions for the benefit of a football club

Third person singular. That suggests we're not looking at a consortium but a single weathly individual. Very interesting...

Good spot. FF did say that he knows "the names" suggesting more than one person. Could be that one person is the main man of the group, makes it easier for negotiations but others are also putting money forward.

Good spot. FF did say that he knows "the names" suggesting more than one person. Could be that one person is the main man of the group, makes it easier for negotiations but others are also putting money forward.

From what I know, you're definately on the right track. Lance

It would be great if we could all sit tight, ban possible names from being posted on here in case it gets out of hand and scares someone off, and wait and see what this week brings.

As somebody has mentioned already if someone who thinks they are ITK starts blurting out names and by luck or knowledge they hit the nail on the head and that has an adverse affect on this person/consortium buying the club could you live with yourself if the club goes to the wall ? I know I couldnt.

Lets just practice a bit of self control for a few days eh ?

It would be great if we could all sit tight, ban possible names from being posted on here in case it gets out of hand and scares someone off, and wait and see what this week brings.

No way, that's a very dodgy road to go down.

Keith tried doing it (at the request of the club) when we had a trialist play for us. He managed it on his site but he had no control over other sites...

No way, that's a very dodgy road to go down.

Keith tried doing it (at the request of the club) when we had a trialist play for us. He managed it on his site but he had no control over other sites...

None of them were any good were they?

As for the takeover, everything will come out soon you would have thought.

Obviously this is good news, but why does Matty and business just make me think "Celebration Plaza" :)

I have to say that had crossed my mind as well. I like the sound of a Matty led consortium in principle but Plaza was not a resounding +ahem+ success was it ?