MLT on SSN confirmation of Consortium involvment

Griffo

Some good news coming at last.:)

Stanley we've have 35 confirmed offers and 4 serious for weeks lol! I dont know why everyone has been negative.

We're on our way back... just need to poo poo any Lowe-life efforts to return even if it is indirectly.

Stanley we've have 35 confirmed offers and 4 serious for weeks lol! I dont know why everyone has been negative.

We're on our way back... just need to poo poo any Lowe-life efforts to return even if it is indirectly.

35 people expressing an interest is a bit different to 35 offers to buy the club!

Hopefully the two bids are from people who have completed the due diligence thingy, then we might be cooking.

I can't help but think something was lost in translation with the Wotte interview. I believe that he was talking about offers for players rather than offers for the club. Failing that he probably meant approaches so hold your horses people.

While the Matt link is potentially very exciting I would be keen to find out if this consortium actually have any substance to them or whether they are just using his name to hide the fact they don't have enough money to make a difference.

Sorry for potentially dampening any spirits, but our hopes have been dashed FAR too many times and I would just urge a little caution.

35 people expressing an interest is a bit different to 35 offers to buy the club!

Hopefully the two bids are from people who have completed the due diligence thingy, then we might be cooking.

Nah - no one asks if a club is for sale if they dont intend to buy it if the price is right.

But I agree, looking better every day. We have always had people wanting to buy this club and frankly should have been sold a year ago.

I can't help but think something was lost in translation with the Wotte interview. I believe that he was talking about offers for players rather than offers for the club. Failing that he probably meant approaches so hold your horses people.

While the Matt link is potentially very exciting I would be keen to find out if this consortium actually have any substance to them or whether they are just using his name to hide the fact they don't have enough money to make a difference.

Sorry for potentially dampening any spirits, but our hopes have been dashed FAR too many times and I would just urge a little caution.

But SSN was running the story - so I expect MLT being involved is therefore legit.

But SSN was running the story - so I expect MLT being involved is therefore legit.

LIke I said elsewhere, MLT is involved in this consortium, but there are several other guys also, two of which are the "money" men. They have the same opportunity as the other consortium(s) so its down to Mark Fry at the end of the day to look at thier individual cases. Just because MLT is invoved doesnt make it the best bid. There are are strong links to Souness being having a bid too, so wait and see

No I fully believe Matt has been contacted, however my question is are they making this public now as they don't actually have any money, so are getting Matt in as some sort of compromise. Maybe its the cynic in me, however with Saints I have learned to be skeptical until I know the full picture.

matt is quite inteligent he would only get involved if

1 he new the right amount of finance was available

2 he trusted the 2 guys involved

be positive

http://www.pinnacleproperty.net/contact.htm

And kazzaam!

Just like that - a new website, spelling mistake corrected and slightly more professional-looking.

These people are watching us! :)

Fishy as anything!

Who suddenly notices after several years that their website is a bit gash due to some comments on a football forum and then updates it instantly?

Very odd.

Edited by benjii

No I fully believe Matt has been contacted, however my question is are they making this public now as they don't actually have any money, so are getting Matt in as some sort of compromise. Maybe its the cynic in me, however with Saints I have learned to be skeptical until I know the full picture.

The 2 "money" men do have money! Its now down to fry to accept their proposal.

The 2 "money" men do have money! Its now down to fry to accept their proposal.

Well all I can do is take your word for that, however forgive me if I don't wholeheartedly believe anything that is said on here having suffered through all of the old takeover threads ;) I hope for you to be proved correct.

Well all I can do is take your word for that, however forgive me if I don't wholeheartedly believe anything that is said on here having suffered through all of the old takeover threads ;) I hope for you to be proved correct.

Hey after the dubai thing Im with you on that! I think it is a waiting game now.

Would be brilliant if true. Hopefully an update from Fry soon.

Did Wotte mean 2 offers received for the club or for players?

He definitely mentioned receiving offers for 2 of our players.

He said the club won't sell though whilst the offers are derisory

He definitely mentioned receiving offers for 2 of our players.

He said the club won't sell though whilst the offers are derisory

Exactly as I suggested. I truly believe the 'we have had two bids' has totally been lost in translation and he was never referring to the actual club.

Just looked at the website and I think I know Tony. If he's the same guy then he is a great chap from the Emerald Isle. Used to play 5-a-side with him in Fareham about 10 years a go.

Super fella, but not a Saint. Really surprised he has anything to do with an SFC takeover, but there you go.

I hope the MLT bid is using Matt as a front man and we have more financial and business power behind him.... I am sure this is correct.

What's more I hope that other consortiums would consider uniting behind him.

MLT is NOT a man to run this club but he is a figurehead we can unite behind to move the club upwards. I am excited if this is true.

Fundamentally, it would keep Lowe out of the club - even via indirect influence - which (whether you like Lowe or not) will create friction, disunity and lack of confidence and may result in further relegation.

MLT as a figurehead will also attract a decent manager. MLT has the fans on side.

If this happens it may be the best thing to happen to the club for 20 years.

I'd rather have unity and moral and the will to make the club work than Lowe's mates continuing the slide, regardless of funds.

.... MLT may get his statue afterall.

This tips it in favour of Glenn Hoddle then !

Le Tiss is in talks with local property consultant about joining consortium. The local consultant is representing a wealthy property developer.

Maybe they're going to turn the stadium into retirement homes :confused:

This tips it in favour of Glenn Hoddle then !

Oh gawd

Why don't you go and support your local club - they haven't had a very good day.

They need a new manager - Gunn isn't up to the job.

May I suggest Glenn Hoddle?

http://www.pinnacleproperty.net/contact.htm

And kazzaam!

Just like that - a new website, spelling mistake corrected and slightly more professional-looking.

These people are watching us! :)

A grammatical error on their website still remains though: Under the Services link, "Clients needs" should read "clients' needs". Hey if their willing to front up a bid, I don't really care though.......

"The administrators are considering an offer," Wotte said. "I think there are two groups. The sooner there's a solution the better."

This seems to confirm that there is one offer but there are two groups interested. It suggests to me that the "MLT" one is not in yet.

"The administrators are considering an offer," Wotte said. "I think there are two groups. The sooner there's a solution the better."

This seems to confirm that there is one offer but there are two groups interested. It suggests to me that the "MLT" one is not in yet.

Why does it suggest that Weston? Could the MLT bid not be one of those 2 groups?

Why does it suggest that Weston? Could the MLT bid not be one of those 2 groups?
Read it again. The Administrators are considering an offer. He diod not say two offers. He said two groups interested. If one bid so far it is not LeTiss Group, trust me.

But the good news is that if Wotte is right and that a bid has been received then we are safe as a club unless it is withdrawn.

I think you will find that the Administrator will be waiting to see if any other offers coming in.

Read it again. The Administrators are considering an offer. He diod not say two offers. He said two groups interested. If one bid so far it is not LeTiss Group, trust me.

But the good news is that if Wotte is right and that a bid has been received then we are safe as a club unless it is withdrawn.

I think you will find that the Administrator will be waiting to see if any other offers coming in.

Do you know if there is a timeline for when the offer has to be answered by or how long Fry will wait for other offers.

Im almost certain you are correct Ron. I beleive MLTs group is meeting next week and there is one other bid already
I hope they hurry up as the money must be running out. It would be sad if they were too late with their offer.

A grammatical error on their website still remains though: Under the Services link, "Clients needs" should read "clients' needs". Hey if their willing to front up a bid, I don't really care though.......

Shouldn't that be clients' needs.

One has to assume they have more than one client.

If you know who it is do you think they have the kind of money that will be able to help us kick on? Obviously we can't be picky but would you be happy with his group taking over based on what you know?

Well Im not going to say who it is, but from the diggin I have done, yes they have money, yes they have prominent commercial experience so I would hope they are capable of helping us "kick on". The question of I would be happy, well Id be happy with anyone at the moment. But saying that it will be down to Fry to make the choice of the options avaiable and not the fans. But Im hoping the fact that MLT is on board is a good sign.

But please dont get too excited, because nothing might come of this if the administrators dont like the deal. We have had the Dubai thing, Paul Allen and now this. Too good to be true? or another pipe dream!

There is this deal and one other for definate!