Player of the Month

ladysaint

The way i understand it is that they are asking us to email our nominations & not our player of the month. Then flybe will choose from our nominations in which case my 3 would be...

David McGoldrick - 3 goals in 5 games & still Blackpool to go

Adam Lallana - 2 goals in 5 & has generally been the pinnacle of everything we have done so well

Simon Gillett - Been excellent, completely bossed the midfield at times against players like Robbie Savage & Lee Carsley who i didn't even realise was playing on Tuesday night!

Other nominees would be Holmes & Killer but i've tried to keep it down to just the 3.

Gillet for me.

Been patient in the reserves fo ages, come out and taken his chance. NMot a goal scorer but works for everything and seems to be involved in all the decent movements in onme way or another.

Could not agree more. Like a Jack Russel ratting, what a terrier. Without someone like Gillet none of what we have seen would work. So chuffed for the lad, who we could so easily have lost. We have a lot of players that have stepped up and made their mark, but to me Gillet epitomises what this team is all about. Before the West Ham game I was concerned that these young players could handle the physical side, but the continual bleating from their players about the likes of Lloyd JAmes and Gillets tackles soon put that to the back of the mind.

Now that they're playing so well, it worries me that players like Gillet, McGoldrick and Lallana only have this season left on their contract. I understand we are trying to agree a deal with Lallana, but what of the other two?

Both Gillet and McGoldrick have been farmed out on loan and been left in the ressies for a long time. If (as it seems) they've seized their chance now after being overlooked for so long, no-one can blame them for finding a better club and more money (ala Baird).

I say if they're still maintaining this level of performance after 10 games, sign 'em up before someone else gets in there!

Sorry to put a slightly negative angle on this otherwise positive thread. However, it is relevant.

I put my vote on lallana just for the fact he popped up with a few goals. McGoldrick I know has got some but the ratio to goals vs chances lallana has done better.

I also put in a mention to Spiderpig, Holmes, White, Killer and Gillet and in fact to the whole squad who IMO have done exceptionally well so far.

I know there are a few that seem to be there to pick up there wage packets but even they are doing a job to make the youngens prove they deserve to be there ahead of seasoned proffesionals.

Well done to all of them so far.

Well I'd go for someone who's played the majority of games which rules a few out. I'd probably pick Lallana over McGoldrick purely because he's come in and fitted in straight away. There's still a bit of a question mark over where he (McGoldrick) plays - up front or on the right? Let's face it they've all done well though and in past months Schneiderlin, Svensson, Gillet, Holmes, McGoldrick and a few others would have won it hands down on their performance over the last few games.

That's a toughie.

So many have done so well. Holmes has proved he's not just come here because he couldn't make the grade at Derby; Gillett has proved height, or lack thereof, doesn't make a bad footballer; McG had proved that, despite seasoned pros like Rasiak, Saga, BWP and John on the books, he can score goals and take his chance when presented it; Killer has proved Lazarus was no fluke; Lallana has proved there is life after Le Tiss, Schneiderlin has proved good players DO want to play for Southampton; Perry has proved age is no barrier for experience, James has proved etc etc etc

To narrow it down to 3 would be tough. Killer, Gillett and McG? Who knows...

That's a toughie. If it were for sheer bloody mindedness and determination, it would be Michael Svensson hands down. He's played bloody well too.

Even though McGoldrick has scored 3 from 5, he's missed quite a few too, so I can't include him, although, like everyone in the side, he has done well.

Gillet and Schneiderlin have been excellent. Can't quite believe Schneiderlin is only 18, Gillet has been trademark tigerish.

Lallana has been a bit of a revelation. I think we've all seen the little cameo on Youtube now, and it only serves to wet the appetite. His quick feet and change of pace and movement on the ball are reminicent of a young Matt Le Tiss. and in all honesty, is there higher praise I can give the lad..? In a season or two, he'll be doing it in the Premiership, that's for certain, and hopefully [and why not..?] with Saints. Then I'd love to see him make a few highly rated defenders look foolish, in the MLT tradition. Just lay off the burgers lad and you'll have the career Matty didn't.

Adam Lallana for me. Lee Holmes would be a dark horse though.

For me.

The Team

The Coach JP

The cleaning Lady who duz the kit.

Individual Player of the Month is without doubt Killer for just being there.

There you go no mention of the bloody Directors.

Just a couple of things. Firstly player of the season doesn't normally involve coaches or cleaning ladies. Secondly, by deciding to not mention the Directors, you have inadvertently mentioned them.

In fact, you have now caused me to mention them too. Long live Lowe!!;)

I think Sir Alex would disagree with you but you are entitled to your opinion as am I.

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a2969_paul-scholes-manchester-uniteds-master

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article611788.ece

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A36193728

It is a commonly known weakness to his game. Great player though.

Not sure I agree with other posters about Scholes. As great a player as undoubtedly he's is, he certainly isn't a good tackler. Its the worst part of his game.

Player of the month so far is definitely Gillett. Has been superb in that terrier midfiled role. Reminiscent of Marsden.

I don't want it taken in a negative way as I think they are potentially very good but Lallana and McG are not as prolific in scoring goals/assists as Gillett is in his duties as a passer and tackler in midefield.

Tough choice tho.

So many have done really well, but for me it's McGoldrick.

If only because he's running and chasing down all game now, which I never saw him do playing for the U18s where he would just laze around all match, let Lallana do all the work, and then pop up to score a goal or two.

I'm amazed at the change.

I put my vote on lallana just for the fact he popped up with a few goals. McGoldrick I know has got some but the ratio to goals vs chances lallana has done better.

I also put in a mention to Spiderpig, Holmes, White, Killer and Gillet and in fact to the whole squad who IMO have done exceptionally well so far.

I know there are a few that seem to be there to pick up there wage packets but even they are doing a job to make the youngens prove they deserve to be there ahead of seasoned proffesionals.

Well done to all of them so far.

White?!?!?

After 60 minutes?

Holmes has been awsome for me.

Indeed, although I must say that I only saw highlight Holmes has made a very good impression on me. He always stays wide and creates space for Llalana and DMG to work in and he'll take on his direct opponent as soon as he gets the chance. How the hell Derby let him go is beyond me but he should be in line for Player of the Month. Maybe even more then DMG and Llalana since he has scored two and wasted a lot less chances.

Gillett - he's showing what crap managers we have had. How he was ignored by Redcrap and Burley is beyond me (Pearson did bring him back into the fold).

Not only has he been tenacious but he has more than a little bit of skill as well. Plus he lovees the club which was why he didn't leave when he had the chance to.

Top lad!

Gillett - he's showing what crap managers we have had. How he was ignored by Redcrap and Burley is beyond me (Pearson did bring him back into the fold).

Not only has he been tenacious but he has more than a little bit of skill as well. Plus he lovees the club which was why he didn't leave when he had the chance to.

Top lad!

He has also looked razor sharp.

That was a disposable statement. Do not worry I am off out now.

I think we can all agree it makes a refreshing change to have a whole host of players worthy of the player of the month award, rather than just having to pick a player who's been not quite as Sh*t as the others. I hope that come May there will be thread & a debate like this for player of the season.