2 Old Boys tomorrow

Give it to Ron

I think it will be interesting to see 2 of our old boys against us tomorrow and how they compete against our younger quicker side.

I was never a fan of Jasmine early on but he had some very good games at right back towards the end of last season.

Will Hammill actually deliver for Blackpool more than he did for us....he had the tricks, skills but very little end product apart from the Hull game we won 4-0 when he found himself on the 'wrong' wing.

I hope he continues that rich vein of form he had with us ;-).

jasmine against our lot....jesus, he will get torn apart....:o
I think he will play as always fully committed and doing his best for the team.I suspect that he may do quite well.Hammil will do his best as well, the step overs have been missing in our entertainment this season, after all it gives the time for the defence to organise.

I think he will play as always fully committed and doing his best for the team.I suspect that he may do quite well.Hammil will do his best as well, the step overs have been missing in our entertainment this season, after all it gives the time for the defence to organise.

that means nothing...you cant polish a turd, no matter how much you try your best..

I think if they put both of them on the goal line, we'd stuggle to find a space to get the ball through.

Seriously though, it will be interesting to see where they play Wright and how well he copes against a hopefully very energetic and purposeful side.

JW was a much maligned player, he kept turning out in whatever position he was asked to, without complaining, even when he was carrying injuries. Its a shame some of the other didn't show his commitment last season. He clearly wants to play every week, that's why he left, good luck to him.

JW was a much maligned player, he kept turning out in whatever position he was asked to, without complaining, even when he was carrying injuries. Its a shame some of the other didn't show his commitment last season. He clearly wants to play every week, that's why he left, good luck to him.

does not make him a good player at all...just because he wants to play..

dont they all?

he was rubbish and should never had played as much as he did..

that means nothing...you cant polish a turd, no matter how much you try your best..
Thats you opinion, I dont think he is a great footballer but he never gave less than 100% for us.

I much prefer the players in our midfield now though.

Thats you opinion, I dont think he is a great footballer but he never gave less than 100% for us.

I much prefer the players in our midfield now though.

yes he did....there were a couple of games when he was beaten at RB and he just stopped and flapped his arms in a george burley fashion..that is not 100%

Remind me which player is currently playing in League 1 and not in the championship?

well done.

I have a funny feeling that one or two players (easily more) in league 1 (at the top) are better than a few of those at the bottom of the CCC...

same would go for the CCC - Prem...:rolleyes:

Bloody hell DD I really agree with you on here about Jasmine in midfield (Watch that bite me on the arse tomorrow!).

In the playoff season Jasmine went for a hernia operation and was out for a few games....did that coincide with a winning run?

As I said initially he did very well at right back towards the end of last season BUT when the standard set is at that level its no wonder we struggled to create much last year.

Trouble was Wright was a 'grafter' in several games. In comparison to the rest of the team he would stand out.

I had an argument with a friend once about Euell in comparison to Wright and why the former got a lot less stick. He watched him in one game and said Euell did well for the team whereas I would disagree stating all he did was move sideways on the pitch.

However an ex-Saint is always likely to score against us in their return so shall put a bit of money on that and us winning of course.

Ben Burgess is 6ft 3in and 14st 14 lbs apparently. What with Hamill, just as well this is football and not sumo.I expect to see all the Blackpool team cueing for a pie at half time.

Mind you it never did Alf Tupper any harm.....he'd eat fish and chips for three and then win the olympic 5000 metres.....

Ben Burgess is 6ft 3in and 14st 14 lbs apparently. What with Hamill, just as well this is football and not sumo.I expect to see all the Blackpool team cueing for a pie at half time.

Mind you it never did Alf Tupper any harm.....he'd eat fish and chips for three and then win the olympic 5000 metres.....

Playing against brutes like that will be a good test for the team.

I will give JW a warm welcome back, he gave his all while here and does not deserve stick from us - he did turn in some good performances for us and was always commited wherever he was asked to play in the team. Not the greatest player we had I know but honest, hard working and 100% up for the Southampton cause when he pulled on the shirt and I respect that.

As for Hammil I have not feelings either way for him and could not give a toos about him - he played so little for us it hardly felt like he was a Saints player at all.

3 points this weekend - COYR!

My dad's friend is a Blackpool fan and will be attending on Saturday, he's admint Jermaine will be playing at CM tomorrow. He's played there all season and looked 'nothing special but solid'.

He did play in a few friendlies at full back and on the wing and he was '****ing dreadful'. He says he can't understand how GB thought he could be anything other than a CMer.

Oh and Hammil will probably start on the right and keep switching but I'm sure most of us knew that anyway

I will give JW a warm reception, he certainly wasn't the most gifted player we've ever had (then neither was Franny) but he was a trier. I got bored of seeing players (like Oakley towards the end of his time here) who showed no desire to get stuck in and play for the club.

That said, I would also give Oakley a decent welcome, because pre-injury, he was quality, he was here for a long time and I understand that sometimes players have to move on because they can stagnate.

Wrihgt got picked by some as the scapegoat for everything that was wrong with the team, but he played to the best of his ability where ever was asked of him while more skillful players sulked. So welcome back Jermaine - please ignore the idiots.

Hammil on the other hand ws a skillful player who just couldn't be arsed.

15 stone then!

My dad's friend is a Blackpool fan and will be attending on Saturday, he's admint Jermaine will be playing at CM tomorrow. He's played there all season and looked 'nothing special but solid'.

He did play in a few friendlies at full back and on the wing and he was '****ing dreadful'. He says he can't understand how GB thought he could be anything other than a CMer.

Oh and Hammil will probably start on the right and keep switching but I'm sure most of us knew that anyway

its ok when Hammil switched wings it takes him ten minutes to get to the other one! He must be poor NickG the pathetic optimist who hates slagging our players off continually slagged him off! One of the worst players ever to have played for us - was really excited after those Youtube clips!

I have great respect for Jermaine Wright and would be more than happy to give him a round of applause tomorrow (as it happens I can't because I am abroad at the moment!).

I don't care about Hammill but I hope that the little git does not choose tomorrow to show us what we never really saw before !!!

Wrihgt got picked by some as the scapegoat for everything that was wrong with the team, but he played to the best of his ability where ever was asked of him while more skillful players sulked. So welcome back Jermaine - please ignore the idiots.

Hammil on the other hand ws a skillful player who just couldn't be arsed.

Well said.

Wonder why no premier league or championship club has come in for him then?

Age probably has something to do with it, as does money.

This is irrelevant however. No matter how hard Wright worked, there is no way on God's green Earth he was a better prospect than Oakley in the summer of 2006.