Cortesse's and Markus's reaction last night

NickG

no, but was good to see - Cortesse was standing looking around the crowd, smiling and applauding for about 5 or more minutes.

They remained there long after the final whistle, applauding the team off.

Think it did mean something to him!

I trust ML but NC is a bit of a rottweiler and needs to appreciate that cup finals are rare in our history; Saints fans are very loyal without major expectations or a need for a conveyor belt of success; and Saints have a history as a family club offering stability

( before you know who got involved) for their managers.

I'm hearing he may be getting a little impatient with league results.

We're averaging 2 points per game for goodness sake.

I trust ML but NC is a bit of a rottweiler and needs to appreciate that cup finals are rare in our history; Saints fans are very loyal without major expectations or a need for a conveyor belt of success; and Saints have a history as a family club offering stability

( before you know who got involved) for their managers.

I'm hearing he may be getting a little impatient with league results.

We're averaging 2 points per game for goodness sake.

I agree with you on the Cup games, but he is surely right to want better in the league. We really don't want to settle for second best any longer.

If he didn't know how important cup games can be, he certainly is now

I think with the -10 and the poor start to the league season getting to the JPT final shows that the club is going forward and success in the Cups has been very enjoyable.

League results maybe what matters to NC/ML but nights to remember like last night is what matters to myself and other fans I would have thought.

It was a pleasure to see loads of young kids very excited by the result and they will remember no doubt the last night in years to come like I remembered the night in 1979 when Terry curran's goal at the Archers Road End against Leeds also got us to Wembley.

We will get to CCC soon but let us enjoy the Cup Win

I have written to the club to ask why these two, overenthusiastic fans were allowed to stand, unchallenged for more than the last 5 minutes of the game, clapping and encouraging the players and crowd.

This is not the sort of behaviour we should accept, particularly in an irrelevant mickey mouse cup that meant nothing to them.

I have written to the club to ask why these two, overenthusiastic fans were allowed to stand, unchallenged for more than the last 5 minutes of the game, clapping and encouraging the players and crowd.

This is not the sort of behaviour we should accept, particularly in an irrelevant mickey mouse cup that meant nothing to them.

If they were sat in Block 41 they would have been turfed out by Mark the Steward, "sit daahn please gents" all game long.

It says on every ticket that standing is allowed in moments of high excitement. I bet they were both feeling horny looking at that picture... ergo they are excused.

That picture is somewhat reassuring. Let's hope they enjoy the big day and want more.

We have an owner who has readily made funds available, who comes over for most if not all home games and has been to some away, who always looks happy when he is here and who has said he is in it for the long haul not just a short term thing so why do you want reassuring ?

We have an owner who has readily made funds available, who comes over for most if not all home games and has been to some away, who always looks happy when he is here and who has said he is in it for the long haul not just a short term thing so why do you want reassuring ?

Because I am a cynic?

Seriously there is so much bull **** in football - just look down the road - I tend to treat everyone as guilty to proven innocent. That picture is good evidence.

they loved it, players loved it, crowd loved it.

Heard lad in papershop today, buying echo - must have been about 10 and excitedly pointing to pictures in the echo saying "I was there".

My uncle who worked abroad all his life until he retired is going to Wembley for the first time.

Mickey Mouse cup???

I guarantee Cortesse and Markus can't wait!

they loved it, players loved it, crowd loved it.

Heard lad in papershop today, buying echo - must have been about 10 and excitedly pointing to pictures in the echo saying "I was there".My uncle who worked abroad all his life until he retired is going to Wembley for the first time.

Mickey Mouse cup???

I guarantee Cortesse and Markus can't wait!

sorry to quote myself - but this is why this trophy now means so much to the club. People are talking about saints. Kids are excited - that lad beaming to people he didn't know, my kids saying others talking about it at school.

Of course promotion is more important in the long term resurrection of the club, but it was never an "either or" choice.

However this sudden input of positivity and enthusiasm for fans and players alike can only be good for getting us back where we belong.

Because I am a cynic?

Seriously there is so much bull **** in football - just look down the road - I tend to treat everyone as guilty to proven innocent. That picture is good evidence.

Gaydamak was going to take Portsmouth to the 'next level', Mikey Wilde was going to invest 'new money' in the club. Look at the fellas at Liverpool, Crystal Palace, QPR even.

We've every reason to be cautious and a bit cynical. There are lot's of examples of football club chairmen or owners in England who have made big plans and left the clubs in trouble.

Fortunately for us, so far we seem to have got supremely lucky with Markus (and Cortese). So far they've hardly put a foot wrong and that picture gives me the hope that the next few years will be pretty enjoyable for us all.

Gaydamak was going to take Portsmouth to the 'next level', Mikey Wilde was going to invest 'new money' in the club. Look at the fellas at Liverpool, Crystal Palace, QPR even.

We've every reason to be cautious and a bit cynical. There are lot's of examples of football club chairmen or owners in England who have made big plans and left the clubs in trouble.

Fortunately for us, so far we seem to have got supremely lucky with Markus (and Cortese). So far they've hardly put a foot wrong and that picture gives me the hope that the next few years will be pretty enjoyable for us all.

It certainly could be a lot worse Jam and if the Wembley experience helps cement a long lasting affection for the Saints then great.

I still think AP needs to buck his ideas up however and NC is very aware that tactically things aren't right at present..... Wembley visit or not.

Hope real hope at last....Thank God....

We are now in good hands..Really genuine good hands....PARDS, NC and ML...

I for one believe the light at the end of the tunnel is blinding......I will continue saying my prayers..especially for those lost souls....

Never take anything for granted but enjoy life...To most of us Saints is a big part of our lives and ML definitely sees that very clearly....

The photo tells me very clearly that ML loves what is happening and loves his little red and white children...

COYRs.

HE did, in the same way that our Ex Divot did

In BOTH cases, they forgot to say it would be DOWNWARDS:cool::)

Not only that, I hope the Stewards find that young Holligan thug ( circa 10 years ) who disobeyed the instruction NOT to run on the pitch

I say bring back the Birch, put him on a boat to Oz, in chains

Such behaviour must not be tolerated !!!!!!!!!

PS Well done nipper, a moment you will never forget, If I could have lifted my walking stick high enough I would have done the same:rolleyes::D:smt052:eek:n