Iago Falque Silva on loan from Spurs

Crazy Diamond

According to that lovely rag the Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084900/Tottenham-loan-Southampton-Iago-Falque.html?ITO=1490

"Tottenham are set to loan Spanish midfielder Iago Falque Silva out to Southampton.

The 22-year-old joined last summer from Juventus, and has figured in five Europa League ties and as a late substitute for Jermain Defoe in the FA Cup victory over Cheltenham.

However, manager Harry Redknapp wants him to gain more experience."

He's an attacking midfielder, formerly of Barcelona's youth team and Juventus.

Yes he is on loan at Spurs so surely thats not allowed by Fifa.

Good player but just a silly rumour unless Spurs sign him permanently and then loan him. You can't loan out a loan player!

I would trust the Mail over Wiki, sounds great if true.

But I'm not sure I'd trust Twitchy ... loan us an inelligible player that they can't loan out but for which we pay a loan fee, and end up with a points deduction. HT protesting innocence in the media etc

Good player but just a silly rumour unless Spurs sign him permanently and then loan him. You can't loan out a loan player!

Look up what's happened to Daniel Pacheco of Liverpool, this season. You may find that you're mistaken. However, I wouldn't be surprised if FA rules preclude such a thing from occurring as opposed to FIFA regulations.

I'm fairly sure, speaking as a journalist, that if 'SPORTSMAIL REPORTER' (interesting name, must have cruel parents) were doing this story, they'd do their research and use Wikipedia at the very least before publishing. So they must know about the loan. MUST do.

Then again, I've noticed that the story was pulled from the Mail website, if you use another link.

According to the almighty Wikipedia he is actually on loan at Spurs from Juve.

So the twitchy one wants to loan out a loan player? Someone hasn't got their research right!!

Got a reply, 'On loan from Juve I thought'.

The Daily Mail article does make it clear that he is on loan to Spurs and also states they would need Juventus' permission to do this.

A similar thing happened with Dani Pacheco. Athletico Madrid agreed to sign him on loan from Liverpool with a view to buy him at the end of the season and then Madrid loaned him out to Rayo.

Seems very strange but there are precedents for this in European football.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Not that I like defending the Daily Mail, but there do seem to be precedents for these kinds of loan deals.

Ive run the thread on football forums, LE GOD -Get there and please do your thing-ie so they understand now the pacheo loan deal works-they dont grasp it at all mate...:lol:

Not that I like defending the Daily Mail, but there do seem to be precedents for these kinds of loan deals.

Loaning out loans is a very strange idea, though I guess as Tottenham's loan has an option to buy, a loan here would effectively be an extended trial for the player.

Meanwhile, 44 posts later, still no answer to THE most important question...

Where does he play in MF?

PLEASE don't let him be CM or AM in the hole - that would mean we are likely to stick with the 3 CM formation and that means another 4 months of listening to DM whine about width.....

What?! Like Blackpool helped out Liverpool by giving Shelvey some games?

Surely loans are sensible to boost the squad with so many games to play.

I take your point, but hadn't Shelvey already impressed for Charlton in League one, a couple of promising appearances in the championship before they were relegated and 15 appearances for Liverpool before he went to Blackpool?

This guy has played for Villareal B, which may have been at a comparable level to the championship, but never in this country. If we're taking a punt on a loan it would be nice to reap the benefits of it going well.