Held his face my arse..... Highlights

Alain Perrin

...Just to be clear the reference 'held his face my arse' referred to BFS' accusation that Sharp had made a meal of it. Taylor is a thug and no way any appeal will be successful (unless Brooking is the judge!).

Also thought Sharps miss wasn't as bad as some said - just unlucky and the goals will come for him (at least he was in the right place)

...Just to be clear the reference 'held his face my arse' referred to BFS' accusation that Sharp had made a meal of it. Taylor is a thug and no way any appeal will be successful (unless Brooking is the judge!).

Also thought Sharps miss wasn't as bad as some said - just unlucky and the goals will come for him (at least he was in the right place)

I agree about the miss. It came to him quite quickly and maybe he didn't have enough time to think about it.

If I was Big Sam I'd be giving Taylor a rollocking. You raise your hands, the consequences are known. Doesnt matter what the player does.

Cheers Taylor, much appreciated.

Looks as though his own team-mate, Vaz Te, did that at the time - what an idiot Batty Taylor is, fully deserved his straight red. Shame the incident seemed to affect Sharp for the rest of the night.

It was a snap shot, no time to think, on target in the middle of the goal. Not a bad miss.

It's a shocking miss - he's paid to think, quickly!

Freeze frame it - he's completely unmarked 6yds out with at least half the goal in front of him. He either crashes it back in to the empty half or takes a touch and plays it into a space. Caught in two minds and does nothing with it - looks just as bad on here as it did it real time.

Ha. I had been really eager to see this incident because of the 'cheat' stuff being labelled at us - really annoys me for some reason. If anything Sharp could have done a whole lot more to get him sent off than he did! The Hammers were all claiming he was rolling around on the floor etc etc. Taylor raised his arms (as we can more clearly see from the photos taken from the opposite angle), Sharp went down and got back up quickly after. The way some of their fans have been criticising Billy is totally out of order in my opinion.

Have they not played Brighton this season?! ;)

Jeez. Taylor has got involved for no reason, grabbed BS around the throat and forced him to ground! BS has stayed on ground for 2 secs!!! he was only appealing pen which replays showed wasnt a pen!! Increase the ban, thug!!!!!

Indeed. Keep eyes peeled and ears *****ed for a full and frank apology from Mssrs Alladice and Abrahams today....the holding of breath is not recommended though...

Few thoughts on the short highlight clip:

1. WH can play football from time to time when they forget Sams team orders

2. Have they bought the Poyet fair play guide to footy?

3. Sharps miss not so bad as I thought - if he'd smashed it over the bar from there it would be bad, but it came to him v quickly

4. My happy with a point is slowly turning to shame we lost 2 points - but then 4 off WH cant be too bad

West Ham supporting mate text me saying 'It is now clear that Lambert and Sharp are not premiership quality strikers'????

Neither are Cole, Piquionne or any of the other muppet strikers that took them down, and they've had a chance in the PL. Love to see RL mix it at the top flight. Reckon he's probably got about 2 years at current form and would love to see him play there.

Indeed. Keep eyes peeled and ears *****ed for a full and frank apology from Mssrs Alladice and Abrahams today....the holding of breath is not recommended though...

I've tweeted him several times this morning asking when he will issue his apology to Sharp; unsurprisingly he hasn't mentioned it. Yesterday he wanted Sharp sent off with Taylor, both for 'ungentlemanly conduct' (may I borrow a :facepalm: from you?). I suppose you have to remember that he's paid by Talk****e to have contentious, moronic opinions.

If it was Guly, people would have been offering to drive him back to Brazil.

Exactly.

Just because Sharp is the new signing that we were all desperate for, there is still no need to make excuses. It was a terrible miss, he's admitted that as well. Doesn't make him a bad player, his goal scoring record shows that he knows where the net is and I'm sure he'll score plenty for us.

Are West Ham really appealing that sending-off, or was that just a bit of post-match huff and puff? Big Fat Sam said he'd seen it (and several other incidents) on his laptop and was certain Taylor shouldn't have been sent off, that he only caught Sharp in the chest and that Sharp rolled around holding his face. He must have a very special laptop.

If they do appeal it I can easily see Taylor getting banned for an extra game.

Exactly.

Just because Sharp is the new signing that we were all desperate for, there is still no need to make excuses. It was a terrible miss, he's admitted that as well. Doesn't make him a bad player, his goal scoring record shows that he knows where the net is and I'm sure he'll score plenty for us.

indeed....it was a shocker. no excuse

I'm sure he will score plenty for us

Goes to show what a bunch of muppets WHU fans are. WHU player dived (hardly surprising given the inability to score from open play) Sharp not surprisingly want's to tell the WHU player he is a cheating c unt and gets attacked for it. No way did Sharp do anything wrong............well apart from missing a sitter:(

Thanks for the link.

Didn't look like a penalty (an honest Jos on Twitter said his earlier handball was a penalty, but the Sharp trip wasn't). Poor gamesmanship from Noble.

Taylor should never have raised his hands nor thrust them at Sharp (always going to get sent off for that in the modern game).

Sharp didn't hold his head, but did seem to go down a bit easy, before realising he really shouldn't be making too much of a meal of it.

Some decent chances for both sides.

Thanks for the link.

Didn't look like a penalty (an honest Jos on Twitter said his earlier handball was a penalty, but the Sharp trip wasn't). Poor gamesmanship from Noble.

Taylor should never have raised his hands nor thrust them at Sharp (always going to get sent off for that in the modern game).

Sharp didn't hold his head, but did seem to go down a bit easy, before realising he really shouldn't be making too much of a meal of it.

Some decent chances for both sides.

Although you have to ask yourself why exactly was Billy Sharp trying to tackle Noble in our box in the first place.

Attackers should leave tacking in their own penalty box to the pros of the sector,Mick Channon was notably terrible at it,refs used to blow up for a penalty if he even looked like trying because it was invariably a nailed on penalty.

As others have pointed out, the most telling thing is Vaz Te and Noble screaming at Taylor for being a **** as he walks off. You can also tell that Taylor shat himself as soon as Sharp fell over - he knew he'd been a ****.

It was as clear a red card as you are likely to see.

No excuses he should have scored, shocking miss! If it was Guly, De Ridder, Lee, Hammond we'd already have a 20 page thread about how sh1t they are!

Fair play to him for holding his hands and saying he should have scored. I hope he gets on the score sheet this weekend so that miss doesn't haunt him!

I hardly ever post on here I just read what everyone else is saying, but this is winding me up a little. Even after the photos of Taylor having his hand around Sharps throat, the video of him being pushed to the ground and the fact he doesnt hold his face like Fat Sam and the fans say he did they are still saying its a yellow at best and that its Sharps fault. Now they are appealing...I thought Pompey fans were deluded, but West Ham are right up there. Unless they are awarded multiple penalties and have the ref in their back pocket giving them every decision they feel hard done by and kick off with their b*****ks!.....Rant over

This is fun, might pay my £5 and get full membership:)

I hardly ever post on here I just read what everyone else is saying, but this is winding me up a little. Even after the photos of Taylor having his hand around Sharps throat, the video of him being pushed to the ground and the fact he doesnt hold his face like Fat Sam and the fans say he did they are still saying its a yellow at best and that its Sharps fault. Now they are appealing...I thought Pompey fans were deluded, but West Ham are right up there. Unless they are awarded multiple penalties and have the ref in their back pocket giving them every decision they feel hard done by and kick off with their b*****ks!.....Rant over

Liking the user name Sir....seems vaguely familiar.... ;-)

@trousers...Yeah when I first discovered this forum years ago I used to just browse through it before signing up to it. When I signed up and used the name lifelongsaint83 I knew I had seen it before then of course found out there was a lifelongsaint on here before me. If I could change it I would, dont want to get done for copywrite!

@trousers...Yeah when I first discovered this forum years ago I used to just browse through it before signing up to it. When I signed up and used the name lifelongsaint83 I knew I had seen it before then of course found out there was a lifelongsaint on here before me. If I could change it I would, dont want to get done for copywrite!

It's OK he's LifeLongCherry nowadays.

Lol, good to have you back, wholeheartedly agree!! Hope they stiff him with a 4 game ban!!

Funnily enough it looked exactly like it did at the time from my vantage point 100 yards away in the opposite corner of the ground - Taylor came from nowhere, pushed up against Sharp, who was forced backwards, then shoved him over when he was moving backwards and off balance.

From my angle you could see clearly it was his face, what you couldn't see was that it was a two handed shove because his one arm was in front of the other.

The more interesting bit to me was that when Noble went down for the penalty, Sharp didn't even break his running stride - if there's contact the "fouler" is always impeded somehow, you can't trip someone up and just keep running as there has to be some resistance or amendment to the fouling player's stride or balance after the contact. You really can't tell if there was a collision from that angle, but Sharp's movement certainly didn't appear to suggest contact.

As for the miss, yeah it was terrible, but you can see from his body shape that he was planted on his left foot which would have given him the chance to divert the ball into the open side of the goal, and so he tried to use his right foot instead, which was pointing straight at Green. Terrible miss, but understandable.

Despite everything I see the West Sham fans on KUMB are still claiming Sharp is at fault I love this nob faced with the photo evidence

You've chosen to look at a singular framed photo as set evidence of him 'grabbing him round the throat'.

The video evidence suggest something a little different.

Maybe Taylor pushed the aggressor away (and Sharp was the original aggressor, let's not forget) from his team mate, around the chest area, with his hands sliding up towards his neck - probably involuntarily during the scuffle - at which point the picture was then taken?

Taylor was the one who intervened, pushing the player (not in the face or grabbing him intentionally around the throat) away from his team mate, causing Sharp to fabricate and therefore intentionally exasperate the act, which duly worked.

So, in summary, we have:

- 2 clear photos showing Taylor's hand on his neck

- A clear reaction from his teammates to indicate he's f*cked up

- A pretty clear video showing him push him over with a raised hand

- The linesman stood right in front of it all, looking directly at it

I would be embarrassed to put up a defence for any player who did that.