arrogance

Glasgow_Saint

Witnessed a lot of it on here recently and reading other teams forums its a reoccurring opinion of our fans.

Why? Where? And when did this all start and how can we stop it? Its embarrassing

Do you have a job? Are you stuffed in a bedroom hiding from Mum?

I honestly don't get how people (not just you) can spend so much time on here and reading other team's forums. Bit odd.

Do you have a job? Are you stuffed in a bedroom hiding from Mum?

I honestly don't get how people (not just you) can spend so much time on here and reading other team's forums. Bit odd.

I can't imagine he has a job, just looking at the post count alone. But fairplay if he can live a fulfilling life whilst also keeping up appearances on here. Impressive.

We're taking the ****, we're taking the ****, we are Southampton, we're taking the ****. From bottom of league 1 to top 6 in the prem in a couple of years? Lets revel in arrogance. Lets enjoy punching hard against huge football clubs. It's such a Dell sized mentality to avoid arrogance, know our place and be subservient to the top 4. I say what top 4? What hierarchy? I can't wait to have enough credits on my season ticket to have priority on tickets to the Nou Camp in a Champions League semi final showdown in 2015.

Witnessed a lot of it on here recently and reading other teams forums its a reoccurring opinion of our fans.

Why? Where? And when did this all start and how can we stop it? Its embarrassing

F**k off you tedious troll.

I love the fact that my club comes north now expecting to win.

I love the fact that our fans are no longer travelling in small numbers to the grim north expecting to lose but in large numbers and expecting to win.

Ignore the skate.

As we get better and better they become more obvious to spot because quite frankly anyone who is looking for negatives with how things are going they simply have to be.

The whole point of being a fan of anything is to see that thing being the best it can be. Hoping it will do well. It isn't arrogance to praise where we currently are or how we are playing.

Confidence in the way your team is playing...what's arrogant in that? I can remember only too well travelling to top clubs and hoping we'd avoid a thrashing. If things have changed SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS...Saint's are no longer here to make up the numbers.

How embarrassing was it to be an also-ran.

Edited by lifeintheslowlane
Afterthought

We're taking the ****, we're taking the ****, we are Southampton, we're taking the ****. From bottom of league 1 to top 6 in the prem in a couple of years? Lets revel in arrogance. Lets enjoy punching hard against huge football clubs. It's such a Dell sized mentality to avoid arrogance, know our place and be subservient to the top 4. I say what top 4? What hierarchy? I can't wait to have enough credits on my season ticket to have priority on tickets to the Nou Camp in a Champions League semi final showdown in 2015.

This

This is not arrogance. Arrogance is what I grew up with in the 80's when man utd fans proclaimed themselves as the biggest and best club in the world, even though they were light years behind everyone else. Ours is a new found confidence that comes from us not being sh1t anymore. Shout it from the rooftops!

I can't imagine he has a job, just looking at the post count alone. But fairplay if he can live a fulfilling life whilst also keeping up appearances on here. Impressive.

Hi dibden, yes gave up my job in 2007 to go full time on here. Couldn't maintain an average of 6 posts a day and work..... Who could?

I've seen it all over the place, the problem is it's from the minority. It seems that most are still firmly grounded, they remember the days at the dell; the collapse through the leagues and the rise back through.

The problem comes from a few, like MLG, who run round spouting off that we're a champions league team in the making who'll be building a 60,000 stadium and turning over europe's elite for their best players.

Personally i think it comes from a generation bought up on sky hype where the expectation is that everything has to be the biggest and best instead of just enjoying what we have and not taking things for granted.

I've seen it all over the place, the problem is it's from the minority. It seems that most are still firmly grounded, they remember the days at the dell; the collapse through the leagues and the rise back through.

The problem comes from a few, like MLG, who run round spouting off that we're a champions league team in the making who'll be building a 60,000 stadium and turning over europe's elite for their best players.

Personally i think it comes from a generation bought up on sky hype where the expectation is that everything has to be the biggest and best instead of just enjoying what we have and not taking things for granted.

MLG is one of the worst but not alone. Him and a few other fruits keep registering on other teams forums and posting arrogant nonsense. The Celtic forum has about 25 saints fans registered after we were linked with Hooper. The posts are embarrassing to say the least

MLG is one of the worst but not alone. Him and a few other fruits keep registering on other teams forums and posting arrogant nonsense. The Celtic forum has about 25 saints fans registered after we were linked with Hooper. The posts are embarrassing to say the least

He's a bloody embarrassment if you ask me, and more successful than any skate in getting people to think saints fans are a bit up themselves and a joke.

He's a bloody embarrassment if you ask me, and more successful than any skate in getting people to think saints fans are a bit up themselves and a joke.

His stuff about Saints being in eleven cup semi finals to the Celtic fans was astonishing.

Hi dibden, yes gave up my job in 2007 to go full time on here. Couldn't maintain an average of 6 posts a day and work..... Who could?

You have still never responded over this 'Dibden' thing, I am finding it quite disconcerting in fact as it seems you are following me around this forum. Everything I post, you are one of the first to reply. Very weird. Do the mods not follow this kind of thing? Thank God you live in Glasgow, that's all I can say.

We were more at fault for being arrogant during the second League 1 season when we were going well and clearly not going to be in the league for much longer.

This season it's more realistic. We have a very good team, that will only get better, and we are enjoying it. Don't think that it is arrogance. We have a healthy pride in the club and the way that it is currently being run. I think almost everyone has bought into the style of play and the philosophy in developing young players.

You have still never responded over this 'Dibden' thing, I am finding it quite disconcerting in fact as it seems you are following me around this forum. Everything I post, you are one of the first to reply. Very weird. Do the mods not follow this kind of thing? Thank God you live in Glasgow, that's all I can say.

Glasgow Saint - formally Bournemouth Saint...

I swear he's Special Needs.

He's one of the saddest individuals ever known to football forums. Clearly has nothing else in his life, the amount of time and effort he spends correcting people, researching facts, bragging about stuff points scoring etc. probably just a student in his mid 20's is my guess

I swear he's Special Needs.

He's one of the saddest individuals ever known to football forums. Clearly has nothing else in his life, the amount of time and effort he spends correcting people, researching facts, bragging about stuff points scoring etc. probably just a student in his mid 20's is my guess

To be fair though, he's one of us, he's as passionate as they come, so you can't deny him that.

He's just a bit monotonous with it all.

I'm really not sure he is one of us, one of redbridge school for special needs maybe but other than claiming to be a saints fan i don't think he has anything in common with most people in the normal world