More likely to keep Adam or shaw?

Roger

I think Adams age means that he needs the big move to a top four club now or he never will move. This season could have been his peak so he needs to cash in now while he is hot property.

Luke is still young, still lives at home and is probably going to get much better. I'm guessing his age means he might not feel the need to move straight away.

Heart says neither will go as they play regular 1st team football at SMS, head says probably both will be attracted by higher wages and the filthy lure of Champions League football. The positive statement yesterday by RK that there is plenty of high calibre interest in the job (well he would say that wouldn't he!) might have a bearing on players leaving depending ultimately who is appointed. You could read all sorts into what RK said yesterday depending whether you are a glass half full or glass half empty type of person especially the bit about players only leaving on OUR terms, has he rejected a transfer request already/is he expecting ones to be put in?

In you're opinion.

Yes, I am opinion. :-D

I can see us losing both, although as Mark Dennis stated on TalkSport in the wee early hours of this morning, they haven't already signed contracts unless he knows something we don't. (And this is the bloke that was advocating Steve Bruce and Alan Curbishley for the managerial job here.) I do hold hope though that we keep one of them, and the more likely of the two to stay is Shaw, unless he is promised first team football at one of the big clubs. In a way though, United have shot themselves in the foot a bit by giving Evra a one year contract, meaning Shaw may not play regularly there.

Lallana, the one jewel I'd love us to keep, is unfortunately likely to leave to seek his dream of Champions League football, something the media don't seem to grasp when they link him with Spurs. I don't think his relationship with Pochettino would be enough to see him leave Saints for Spurs.

I think it's almost a given that we'll lose Morgan too, sadly, again to a Champions League club, and not Spurs.

Adam purely based on the suitors and ability to get a ROI.

Liverpool have to pay for a 26yr old @ 25mil ish with no sell on value.

Man U have to pay for a 18yr old @ 30mil ish who could go for even more in 5yrs.

Not many young world class left backs knocking about who've done a season and a half in the EPL at 18yr.

Where as there are plenty of world class midfielders knocking about who are younger, faster and cheaper, plus liverpool need to be spending money on their defence first as its f*cking sh*t.

To be honest I really have no idea.

Once a new Manager is appointed I hope he and the board sit down with them and other key players, sell the club vision and demonstrate it will good quality additions. That would have to be after the World Cup so time to get words into action.

If they both go it will not be the end of the world.

I think the time is right for Lallana to leave (as much as I hate to admit it) he is approaching his peak years both in performance terms & earning potential. It's now or never for him. I think that he is as good as gone. The stumbling block is this 25% entitlement that Bournemouth have. £20M is a fair offer but not enough for us to sell if we are only receiving £15M. A club who can offer cash plus player(s) may be preferable from our point of view.

Shaw is more difficult as it is his potential value that has to be judged as much as his current worth. Plus I'm not sure if he is mature enough to deal with all the expectation & fame etc that comes with playing for Man U. If he was my son I would tell him to stay put for another season and look at the options next year.

Gut feeling is that they will both leave as well as Morgan.

This. I think we will lose Schneiderlin and Lovren too unfortunately.

You are so negative it is unreal. Lovren especially has said publicly that he is happy at the club and moved to rubbish a move away.

It literally amazes me that you doom mongers think we are going to destroy our team when we have the option to just say no. Healthy finances and long contracts afford us so much protection it is unreal.

The only reason MoPo has gone is because a manager's buy out clause is so slow.

I'm sure all our players would leave when they wanted if they could have £2m buyout clauses.... But fortunately they don't, they aren't going to escape for £2m and we can just sit here and say no if we want to.

So if we do sell them, it will be for a lot of money - cortese's final gift to the club

You are so negative it is unreal. Lovren especially has said publicly that he is happy at the club and moved to rubbish a move away.

It literally amazes me that you doom mongers think we are going to destroy our team when we have the option to just say no. Healthy finances and long contracts afford us so much protection it is unreal.

NEXT SEASON: Possible Saints squad if Lovren, Shaw,Sneiderling & Lallana go:-

Boruc, Chambers, Fonte, Yoshida, Clyne, Cork, Wanyama, Davis, Ward-Prowse, Lambert, New Striker. Add Rodreiges to that.

In Reserve: Gazzaniga, Hoiveld, Target, Ramirez, Reed, Sims, Isgrove, Gallagher. Add possibly New GK, CD, LB, AM.

Doesn't look too bad does it?

Cant help feeling that Adam has had a one off purple patch season after years of just being 'good' and that we might not see that form again. I'd sell while his value is highest. Shaw is more likely to stay and will be worth at least as much in future.

The club restating their ambitions along with strengthening plus a bit of contract tweaking should help provided the new manager and staff are of sufficient quality. We have to assume at the moment it won't be someone like Moyes or anyone else who will want the club to play his way but someone already comfortable with the high pressing Barcelona template that Cortese committed us to, already seen as the Southampton way.

NEXT SEASON: Possible Saints squad if Lovren, Shaw,Sneiderling & Lallana go:-

Boruc, Chambers, Fonte, Yoshida, Clyne, Cork, Wanyama, Davis, Ward-Prowse, Lambert, New Striker. Add Rodreiges to that.

In Reserve: Gazzaniga, Hoiveld, Target, Ramirez, Reed, Sims, Isgrove, Gallagher. Add possibly New GK, CD, LB, AM.

Doesn't look too bad does it?

Doesn't look bad, it looks positively appalling, it's the spine of our team gone, will take at least 2 years to get back from that, assuming we do not get relegated.