Les Reed's Video

sydneysaint17

He will almost certainly be positive but I can't imagine that anything new will be disclosed.

Possibly particular positions that we are looking to strengthen? It has also previously been suggested that we will reveal details about a managerial shortlist - if they were going to do that then this would be most likely, logical instance.

Possibly particular positions that we are looking to strengthen? It has also previously been suggested that we will reveal details about a managerial shortlist - if they were going to do that then this would be most likely, logical instance.

I doubt Ralph knew what he was talking about when he said they will publish the managerial short list . It would be a ridiculous thing to do and not done as a norm for obvious reasons. He was probably just a bit caught up in the whole transparency thing.

mentioning the local derby pre season friendlies, good opportunity for the fans to see us play early doors.

also mentioned two marquee matches versus top European teams, home game week before season starts.

now talking about training ground...bloody you tube buffering

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Training ground looks truly gorgeous. And stoked for the "marquee preseason home fixture" that's being announced in the future. Would love to get tickets for that! Who knows, maybe that Dortmund rumour will turnout to be true :lol: :D

wanted MP to stay, but had succession plan in place with 6-10 candidates on list to reach out to but we're inundated with applications.

30/40 applications and all bar none were genuine and good quality

international managers shown interest

final 4 applicants were on original wanted list internally

know that good players are interested in joining

we are in top 20 clubs in the world

couldn't have done more to keep MP, gone for different reasons other other than football

We have had enquiries for players, and bids, but new manager will decide if we sell.

He will have opportunity to try to convince them to stay

Not easy to do that when clubs go public

Players dont know who new manager is

All revenues made from player sales willnbe reinvested

Great interview, sounds very positive. Manager has obviously now been picked, just need to get it over the line. Used the word "exciting" about 18x during that interview

For anyone whose not watched it or not got time, heres the gist

Lots going on

New pitch

Training ground will be ready for pre-season

Deliberately choose local friendlies to make them competitive

Opportunity for fans to see new players (at friendlies)

Two marque friendlies to be announced soon

Been targetting players for some time

Scouting team working 24/7

Always kept an eye on up and coming managers

The Southampton way... Markus's legacy

Closing in on proffered candidate (Manager)

Paper work taking time

Announcement sooner rather than later

Fans will be excited

Amazed at the level of applicant

Had 6-10 candidates ready once Pooch left

Final 4 were on the original list

Players also excited to join club

12 analysts building database of players

Nobody comes in our out without the say of manager

Not as many bids for our players as he'd thought

Manager will have opportunity to assess squad before player sales

Trying to persuade players to be patient

Any money from sales will be used to reinvest

Wants to improve team and depth by season start

Intention is to keep all core players

Frantic "loads going on"

A very positive interview indeed, and considering the quality of applicants it's going to be even more exciting finding out who the new manager is (or even more disappointing...).

It's true, Gerry Francis and Toshack have been on the succession plan list for months.

Proof will of course be in the pudding, but that's a promising interview.

If everything he says is true we could be looking at a much smoother transition than looked likely in the wake of MP's departure. Good to know we have proper contingency plans and that the club's staff have been busying themselves while everyone externally has been having their little meltdowns. Thank goodness we don't have a fan on the board.

I was looking forward to hearing about the ASSET STRIP and FIRE SALE and the club being PUT UP FOR SALE and the fact that we are recruiting a STEVE WIGLEY STANDARD MANAGER.

Because the forum geniuses cannot possibly be wrong about all that stuff, surely?

Well I stated a few times that there was no way we'd see all the money from sales reinvested, so if that's true I'll be one of many proven wrong. Good news too as it would really show that selling players wasn't part of our policy and would only be done for the player's sake rather than for the money.

no new manager's going to please everybody, but most of us were a bit tepid about the appointment of MP, so we'll surely give whoever they choose the benefit of the doubt.

I was looking forward to hearing about the ASSET STRIP and FIRE SALE and the club being PUT UP FOR SALE and the fact that we are recruiting a STEVE WIGLEY STANDARD MANAGER.

Because the forum geniuses cannot possibly be wrong about all that stuff, surely?

Far, far too easy to dismiss this pile of drivel from CB. Talk about an open net..

Simply repeat the mantra of the clappies talking about player sales a couple of weeks ago, when referring to Lessie's Brave New World - "Nothing has happened yet"....

Fascinating interview. Really enjoyed watching that, its good to get a perspective on the processes of player recruitment and the way its done. I feel a lot more reassured by that interview than by the Kreuger one, tbh.

Far, far too easy to dismiss this pile of drivel from CB. Talk about an open net..

Simply repeat the mantra of the clappies talking about player sales a couple of weeks ago, when referring to Lessie's Brave New World - "Nothing has happened yet"....

Or, just bury your head in the sand.

You and others soiled your nappies, again, prophecised doomsday, again, and look foolish, again.

Just wondering if the club will get their way and manage to appoint by Thursday afternoon. Otherwise, it may become an open secret while they wait for a slow news day during the world cup.

No need to wait until Thursday, Guan, we'll only tell people one at a time, honest!! :^)

Important thing to note is that, despite concerns otherwise, there doesn't seem to be any difference between the recruitment process this time around, compared to last, except perhaps for who carries out the final rubber stamping. We have a recruitment team who have a succession plan (like all good businesses would) for key personnel, and we're looking set to recruit one of our primary targets. It is only one small part of the overall scheme, but there is nothing here that prompts any doubt or worry in my mind and I would suggest that anyone who is cynical about it, is only reflecting their own personal outlook, rather than a fair judgement of what information there is in the public domain.

Alpine......you truly are a bedwetter of the highest order. You (and Saint Charlie among others) were full of 'the sky is falling in' when MP left and, as per usual, petty and vindictive to staff members at the club. and now it looks like you were wrong (for the umpteenth time) you are desperately trying to make out you never said anything of the sort, etc.

Honest question - why do you bother supporting Saints if it makes you so damned miserable all the time?

Important thing to note is that, despite concerns otherwise, there doesn't seem to be any difference between the recruitment process this time around, compared to last, except perhaps for who carries out the final rubber stamping. We have a recruitment team who have a succession plan (like all good businesses would) for key personnel, and we're looking set to recruit one of our primary targets. It is only one small part of the overall scheme, but there is nothing here that prompts any doubt or worry in my mind and I would suggest that anyone who is cynical about it, is only reflecting their own personal outlook, rather than a fair judgement of what information there is in the public domain.

There was certainly a large emphasis on continuity. Even re-use of terms such as 'The Southampton Way' show that there may be the intent on continuing as we were as much as possible. Yes it could be lip service but there's no reason to believe it either way yet, actions are still required.

Edited by Colinjb

So all the Shaw stories are rubbish then?

The truth is usually a murky grey colour. So we may have had a bid, and we may even have agreed a fee, on the proviso that the new manager has the final say. Or we have had a bid and rejected it or not responded. Or we may have had an enquiry but no bid. Or nothing at all. Who knows? It just means any FINAL decision has not been taken yet.

what aspect of the stories? the fact that we're not going to contemplate selling Shaw (and others) until the new manager is onboard doesn't mean the stories of Man Utd bids and Shaw wanting to go are "rubbish". could all be true and still fit in with Reed's version of where things stand.

You'll be back, soon enough, squinnying about how easy it is "in hindsight" just like you do on the countless times when you've been proved wrong, like the gutless tedious fool you are.

Bring on the Steve Wigley standard manager.

Except Rickie, oh and Guly, and a couple of others. I really wanted that crap interviewer to follow up and say, so why if no-one goes without the say so of the manager did we let Rickie leave, but as usual no idea of how to follow up from useless interviewers, presumably reading from a pre-agreed script.

I like the cut of his gib ... all money from player sales going to strengthen the squad, talk about introducing new players at a marque friendly, cracking new training facilities, I'm wetting my pants with excitement for the announcement of the new manager :o

what aspect of the stories? the fact that we're not going to contemplate selling Shaw (and others) until the new manager is onboard doesn't mean the stories of Man Utd bids and Shaw wanting to go are "rubbish". could all be true and still fit in with Reed's version of where things stand.

Quite. It's a strange old mutually exclusive world some folk on here live in.

What seems to me like a nice touch is us sticking to our guns to sell no one else until we have the new man in. They will both still go, but it's a fine point of principle all the same.

Except Rickie, oh and Guly, and a couple of others. I really wanted that crap interviewer to follow up and say, so why if no-one goes without the say so of the manager did we let Rickie leave, but as usual no idea of how to follow up from useless interviewers, presumably reading from a pre-agreed script.

I wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned Rickie. I think that was covered at the time by Kruegar and Rickie himself, and personally don't see the point in dredging it up again...

And it was a club video, so clearly they're only going to talk about things they want to talk about... bit harsh to criticise the interviewer who is just doing his job as per the Club's wishes.

A very good video which I have to say has given me more confidence and a lot more respect for Reed. He has come across very well but I feel he had to do something like this after the about turn the club made on player sales before a new manager appointment. i.e. Lambert.

One thing I will say is the club does seem to be a well managed ship, whatever crisis is thrown at them they seem to cope with it quite admirably. I will try and have a bit more faith in those making the decisions in future. That is unless they appoint Gerry Francis or John Toshack as first team manager of course (I really don't believe a word of that).

Very,very good interview.

The current regime have excelled in all areas thus far......I see no reason to doubt them.

In fact.....I think we are going to push on .....again,in the correct manner,at the right pace.

Every step from Lge 1 until now has been calculated and measured....I see no reason why this can't continue.

If we push on and get success,however that is gauged ..... I think we will lay a blueprint for others to follow.

The new facilities look state of the art,who wouldn't be excited about those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk