Les Reed's Video

sydneysaint17

I really wanted that crap interviewer to follow up and say, so why if no-one goes without the say so of the manager did we let Rickie leave, but as usual no idea of how to follow up from useless interviewers, presumably reading from a pre-agreed script.

The interviewer was a club employee, he isn't going to give a director of the club a Paxman style interogation.

A good interview. A bit too much talk about recruitment procedure as though that is evidence in itself of the clubs ambition (surely the same happens at most PL clubs), but Reed is so much more comfortable talking about footballing issues than Ralph.

Most positive things for me were that the preferred candidate has already been identified and that paperwork is being completed (strongly suggesting Koeman,) but also that they are hoping that the new manager might be able to prevent the likes of Adam and Luke from leaving. Indicates that those sales are not the foregone conclusion that many (including myself) have thought. The images of the Staplewood development also look great.

Les Reed spoke reasonably well but I can't help thinking the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Of course it is Duncan, it always is, and every fan recognises that. But unless you think they're lying or deliberately misleading us in some way, which would be quite some accusation, I would suggest that at face value, most fans will be happy with what Les said.

I think Les Reed did well. Cracking interview. Please be the spokesman from now on Les.

Liked the fact he criticised other clubs for destabilising the players and kept going on about the manager making the transfer decisions

Let's now see. Good interview, just missing the vital line that we are no longer a selling club, but perhaps we are.

It was a good interview, and I think it proves why as fans we need to trust Reed - he's seemingly the only one who knows the football side! RK has tried these sort of interviews and they've fallen pretty flat quite quickly, but this was quite an interesting insight in the process of everything really - honest and not misleading what so ever in my eyes.

I think we'll get Koeman if I'm honest, that's been the feeling in my water for the last 2 weeks. It's all slightly coincidental that the talk is of early next week, and he's back from holiday on Sunday. If it's as Reed says - all paper work to sort out - then as long as Koeman was happy with what was on offer, then his agent and lawyers can sort it - and he can go on a little break whilst it's all done.

But I liked the interview, quite revealing and positive - and from someone I feel I can trust.

That's the first time I have watched a les reed interview. What I don't get is why there has been so much negativity about him. He seems entirely sensible and plausible.

i am confident that all will be ok #itsstillhappening

Which causes a poor reaction from those who are not. ;)

Tin hat on.

That's the first time I have watched a les reed interview. What I don't get is why there has been so much negativity about him. He seems entirely sensible and plausible.

i am confident that all will be ok #itsstillhappening

He was one a little bit mean to Steven Gerrard.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Great interview. We're obviously on the verge of announcing a manager and one with CL experience and one who has won domestic leagues. Koeman surely. All sounds very positive and he said that any players that would go the refunds would be re-invested but any players leaving will be subject to the new managers approval.

Great interview. We're obviously on the verge of announcing a manager and one with CL experience and one who has won domestic leagues. Koeman surely. All sounds very positive and he said that any players that would go the refunds would be re-invested but any players leaving will be subject to the new managers approval.

Yakin fits into winning domestic league and CL experience too though. ;)

Just watched the interview seemed genuine enough to me, and fairly positive. If they deliver the right coach/manager then I think we we can all start to rest a little easier. The new training facility looks superb. Let's hope the coming weeks keep the club moving forward.

For him to make these statements now suggests that he is confident we are moving in the right direction. Fingers crossed.

Really enjoyed the interview. The one thing i cant help thinking though, is after such detailed and calculated analysis of player targets and how they fit into our system etc, how did we still end up with the Forren's, Mayuka's, Ramirez' and Osvaldo's. I know these things are never guaranteed, but with these guys in the back of my mind it did take a little value away from what les was saying. Obviously Gaston may yet come good, but i find it hard to believe that with such a process in place, then surely we could have identified more effective players that suit SAINTS' style at half the cost. All IMO of course.

An excellent interview and it's pretty evident from the confident delivery les is fully in control of the situation and looking forward to continuing the upward trajectory he has been masterminding since his arrival at st Mary's. I like him quietly spoken yet calm and firm demeanour. I am beginning to think I can see the need for Ian Brennan to get his tool kit out.

For all the stick Les Reed gets by some, I have to say that he seemed to talk a lot of sense and he sounded very genuine. As others have said I hope Les does the talking on football matters from now on... that said if we appoint Steve Bruce I will never take anything he says seriously again ;)

Really enjoyed the interview. The one thing i cant help thinking though, is after such detailed and calculated analysis of player targets and how they fit into our system etc, how did we still end up with the Forren's, Mayuka's, Ramirez' and Osvaldo's. I know these things are never guaranteed, but with these guys in the back of my mind it did take a little value away from what les was saying. Obviously Gaston may yet come good, but i find it hard to believe that with such a process in place, then surely we could have identified more effective players that suit SAINTS' style at half the cost. All IMO of course.

Osvaldo slightly different case to the other three, I'd say. A calculated gamble especially as our team manager knew him well.

The other three show the risk of buying in potential - assuming that all young players are "young, hungry and bound to improve" when they might just turn out sh it.

Reed is either a good liar or things are looking good still

One thing that worried me. He bangs on about how frantic and loads going on bla bla bla, then just gives a 30 minute interview for no reason atall.

Are we even 100% sure that was Reed in the video. Looks different

pretty honest interview there.

Just seems so odd that people seem to blame him for stuff at the club and compare his time in charge of a free falling charlton as some sort of yard stick

You do realise how much he upset Steven Gerrard fifteen years ago, don't you? Ergo, he's useless.

One thing that worried me. He bangs on about how frantic and loads going on bla bla bla, then just gives a 30 minute interview for no reason atall.

Have you been smoking aswell as cooking?

Anyone get the feeling he had to watch his words when talking about "Clubs trying to destabilize" our players? for a second it sounded like he was going to say something like our players that want to leave talking to the media,then he changed it to clubs publically talking,from about 19mins on

Umm, maybe the reason Glasgow was to keep people informed as they'd promised to so? Just a thought.

Anyone get the feeling he had to watch his words when talking about "Clubs trying to destabilize" our players? for a second it sounded like he was going to say something like our players that want to leave talking to the media,then he changed it to clubs publically talking,from about 19mins on

yep, noticed that he corrected himself mid-sentence.

In fairness: Forren was a panic buy; Mayuka and Gaston are both young and could well come good if given a run in the team and Osvaldo was at Poch's insistence rather than being someone specifically scouted, a la Dejan and Vic who've been far more successful...

Cynical but it seems to me that they were only going to follow their list of managers whoever came forward.

Not cynical but a ridiculous way of looking at it.

If you have a top 5 targets and they all come forward, then that's pretty much what you want.

I bet Malkay McKay and Owen Coyle came forward - should we have dropped everything and run to them?

Is that a lorry in the background or just a lie detector going off?

I thought that.

Les "lads can you keep it down just for 10 mins while I do my first real and most important interview ever? I'm trying to reassure the fans I know what I'm doing and I'm not just a friendly looking old grandad."

Groundsman "sorry les, this foundation layer of sand isn't going to lay itself ya know. Best speak up on the vid gramps. I'm reversing it in."

The interviewer was a club employee, he isn't going to give a director of the club a Paxman style interogation.

Laughable, if it was not so serious IMHO. Well orchestrated questions list. Nothing awkward, nothing direct. What were the reasons that MoPo left then ?, wasn't asked. And was he serious when he inferred that SFC was on the ball re getting a replacement when MoPo left. Good job we were Les, otherwise the next Manager will still be being introduced to the players come August 2nd

Of course he intends to keep all the core players, but only if the core players want to stay. Will Shaw go to ManU if he wants ? Will Lallana go to Liverpool if he wants ? Wasn't asked. Yet we all know that if players want to go, they go.

All Sir Les was faffing on about was how great Staplewood is and how the players will be so excited about using the facilities. Only if they want to Les ,

Laughable, if it was not so serious IMHO. Well orchestrated questions list. Nothing awkward, nothing direct. What were the reasons that MoPo left then ?, wasn't asked. And was he serious when he inferred that SFC was on the ball re getting a replacement when MoPo left. Good job we were Les, otherwise the next Manager will still be being introduced to the players come August 2nd

Of course he intends to keep all the core players, but only if the core players want to stay. Will Shaw go to ManU if he wants ? Will Lallana go to Liverpool if he wants ? Wasn't asked. Yet we all know that if players want to go, they go.

All Sir Les was faffing on about was how great Staplewood is and how the players will be so excited about using the facilities. Only if they want to Les ,

Ol' Swivel Eyes is back.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50630-Les-Reed-s-Video&p=1963796#post1963796

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/context