General Election 2015

trousers

He could have made it so much shorter...

"Dear David, I've been sucked in by the partisan reporting of the Mirror"

There's only one thing more sickening than pious leftie celebs and that's pious leftie vicars . No wonder religion is becoming an irralavance in this country . What happened to the Cyrstal Methodist , wasn't he a labourite ?

I love the " shared 100,000 times " . **** me, it's less than a week ago that millions gave the Tories a mandate to carry on , perhaps we should have Facebook or Twitter elections . Forget voting, whoever gets the most " likes" , or shares becomes PM.

Just love the way the lefties have reacted to their crushing defeat , when are they going to wake up and smell the coffee .

There's only one thing more sickening than pious leftie celebs and that's pious leftie vicars . No wonder religion is becoming an irralavance in this country . What happened to the Cyrstal Methodist , wasn't he a labourite ?

I love the " shared 100,000 times " . **** me, it's less than a week ago that millions gave the Tories a mandate to carry on , perhaps we should have Facebook or Twitter elections . Forget voting, whoever gets the most " likes" , or shares becomes PM.

Just love the way the lefties have reacted to their crushing defeat , when are they going to wake up and smell the coffee .

You are aware us lefties have been like this since wayyyyy before the election right? The churches, most of the country's charities have been saying this for a number of years. I have no wish to regurgitate the election results and why the tories won but the fact of the matter is, is that this isn't sour grapes at all. This is news that has been there for a number of years.

Nice one this from the Huff post though!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05/13/justin-tomlinson-disabled-child-benefits-cancer-patients-bedroom-tax_n_7272956.html

(Equalities minister who was recorded as saying she was against gay marrige, Justice minister who advocated hangings, an employement minister who wanted capital punishment re-introduced....as someone articulated on facebook "f3ck me it's like the league of super villans").

Edited by Hockey_saint

I'm trying to work out if you're madder than Art, if he's madder than you or if you're both just the same person. Hmmm...

I know I get ticked-off by the forum thought police for posting links to other people's opinions, but I'm thinking I might just get away with this one as its by a Labour voter (purportedly)...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11597436/Stop-your-whinging-why-the-Left-are-such-bad-losers.html

I know I'm going back a little here, but those that were taking popshots at Laurie Penny for being some left wing loon, did anyone see what happened as a result?

Katie Hopkins went on one of her oh so informed tirades on Twitter (the latest in a series, she seems to have some sort of thing for LP), knowing full well her army of obedient trolls will follow suit and inundate her with trash. But yeah, it's all lefties that are mean and the right wingers are cowering reserved types, right?

The whole politics of fear thing is just straight up bullshít n all. That was the majority of the Tory campaign, "imagine the country run by the SNP. Why would you give the keys back to the people that crashed the (global) economy etc etc". Or the smear campaign run in Murdoch's publications about how Ed couldn't possibly be PM, because he looks a bit odd?

Finally, if you are privileged enough to see the whole thing as a game, and think people are upset that their team lost you really haven't a clue. You are lucky enough to not actually be worried about policy (probably Tory or labour, aside from maybe a bit of tax here and there). Whilst the worst off see their quality of life continue to plunge, disabled people are demonised for their existence and the use of food banks surge.

You are aware us lefties have been like this since wayyyyy before the election right? The churches, most of the country's charities have been saying this for a number of years. I have no wish to regurgitate the election results and why the tories won but the fact of the matter is, is that this isn't sour grapes at all. This is news that has been there for a number of years.

Nice one this from the Huff post though!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05/13/justin-tomlinson-disabled-child-benefits-cancer-patients-bedroom-tax_n_7272956.html

(Equalities minister who was recorded as saying she was against gay marrige, Justice minister who advocated hangings, an employement minister who wanted capital punishment re-introduced....as someone articulated on facebook "f3ck me it's like the league of super villans").

The problem with you lefties is the hyperbole . You hijack the English langaguge banging on about " fairness" & " progressive" , you over hype everything . Instead of saying you disagree with certain aspects of Tory NHS, it's " 24 hours to save NHS" or it's being sold to Tory fat cats or an American system is coming . A cut in benefit is renamed a tax and people are dying because of it, child poverty is rife, the Tories are evil , it's all way ott . If half of it was true the Tories wouldn't stand an earthly of ever getting elected , yet they've just been given a mandate . Clearly the British people don't believe lefties nonsense, but instead of learning that lesson , instead of toning it down a bit and arguing / debating sensibly without all the nonsense about killing people and like , it's the same old same old .

The stupid thing is the labour politicians don't believe it anymore than I do . Everybody knows there's not much difference between the establishment parties on policy , a bit here & a bit there , but they hype it all up for political purpose and then half bakes take it as fact .

As a Rightie I hope it continues because I'd like to see right leaning politicians in power, I hope we have another 5 years of the same old nonsense , same old wild claims about wicked Tories because come the next election we will get the same result . Why can lefties accept the right want a decent standard of living for all, want opportunity for the many, want social mobility and a caring society , but believe that their policies to achieve this are well meaning but wrong . I think the left is well meaning but wrong , with lefties it's always selfish , dangerous , uncaring , deliberately cruel ect ect .

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

The problem with you lefties is the hyperbole . You hijack the English langaguge banging on about " fairness" & " progressive" , you over hype everything . Instead of saying you disagree with certain aspects of Tory NHS, it's " 24 hours to save NHS" or it's being sold to Tory fat cats or an American system is coming . A cut in benefit is renamed a tax and people are dying because of it, child poverty is rife, the Tories are evil , it's all way ott . If half of it was true the Tories wouldn't stand an earthly of ever getting elected , yet they've just been given a mandate . Clearly the British people don't believe lefties nonsense, but instead of learning that lesson , instead of toning it down a bit and arguing / debating sensibly without all the nonsense about killing people and like , it's the same old same old .

The stupid thing is the labour politicians don't believe it anymore than I do . Everybody knows there's not much difference between the establishment parties on policy , a bit here & a bit there , but they hype it all up for political purpose and then half bakes take it as fact .

As a Rightie I hope it continues because I'd like to see right leaning politicians in power, I hope we have another 5 years of the same old nonsense , same old wild claims about wicked Tories because come the next election we will get the same result . Why can lefties accept the right want a decent standard of living for all, want opportunity for the many, want social mobility and a caring society , but believe that their policies to achieve this are well meaning but wrong . I think the left is well meaning but wrong , with lefties it's always selfish , dangerous , uncaring , deliberately cruel ect ect .

You won't you know, people will rise up when they realise how awful you are or...like last time, you return to high taxation....something you accused labour of. Also, yes, you can pull this "it must be leftie nonsense" but when you bring in someone with the track record of that Disability "spokesman" then you kinda think someone's extracting the urine out of us ALL.

I could call you cruel and heartless but then you are dug so far down in doctrine that you'd never believe it any how. Either way, I believe what politically neutral organisations like churches and charities (you know, those organisations on the ground) say as opposed to Thatcher wannabees. It's just a shame Michael Hessletine's hard work in removing the mad woman seem to have been forgotten.

Edited by Hockey_saint

You won't you know, people will rise up when they realise how awful you are or...like last time, you return to high taxation....something you accused labour of. Also, yes, you can pull this "it must be leftie nonsense" but when you bring in someone with the track record of that Disability "spokesman" then you kinda think someone's extracting the urine out of us ALL.

I could call you cruel and heartless but then you are dug so far down in doctrine that you'd never believe it any how. Either way, I believe what politically neutral organisations like churches and charities (you know, those organisations on the ground) say as opposed to Thatcher wannabees. It's just a shame Michael Hessletine's hard work in removing the mad woman seem to have been forgotten.

Firstly , you're assuming I'm a Tory , which I'm not . Secondly I don't believe many charities and churches are " neutral" . Thirdly , thanks for the conformation .

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Whilst the worst off see their quality of life continue to plunge, disabled people are demonised for their existence and the use of food banks surge.

I asked you to substantiate your post earlier when you wondered how Cameron could allow the "vicious callow attacks" on disabled people. You appear to have missed that, or is it that you can't substantiate it?

I asked you to substantiate your post earlier when you wondered how Cameron could allow the "vicious callow attacks" on disabled people. You appear to have missed that, or is it that you can't substantiate it?

How many do you want Wes Tender? I've given you a few, the link with Boris Johnsson complaining about the random 20% removal of people from DLA, the removal of virtually everyone from the new replacement for DLA, PIP mobility element. The removal of the independent living fund for the severely disabled which means they are going to become effective prisoners in their own home and quite a few others...You are aware this has to be ok'd by the prime minister right?

Shall we not even mention the persecution in the (mostly Murdoch) press of the disabled as "workshy" or "feckless".

Also, Lord Duckhunter, if you're going to wave around lines with the insult "you lefties" as if it's a bad thing then you are not coming across as a current or even former labour voter you are just coming across as another right wing one.

Edited by Hockey_saint

How many do you want Wes Tender? I've given you a few, the link with Boris Johnsson complaining about the random 20% removal of people from DLA, the removal of virtually everyone from the new replacement for DLA, PIP mobility element. The removal of the independent living fund for the severely disabled which means they are going to become effective prisoners in their own home and quite a few others...You are aware this has to be ok'd by the prime minister right?

Shall we not even mention the persecution in the (mostly Murdoch) press of the disabled as "workshy" or "feckless".

Also, Lord Duckhunter, if you're going to wave around lines with the insult "you lefties" as if it's a bad thing then you are not coming across as a current or even former labour voter you are just coming across as another right wing one.

I'm sure that KRG will be delighted to see that you have chosen to speak on his behalf.

Regarding the Boris Johnson comment, maybe you didn't see this:-http://liberalconspiracy.org/2012/01/10/why-boris-is-right-about-this/

Here is the TUC spokesman saying that he agrees with Boris. What have you to say about that?

As for your reference to the comments from mainly the Rupert Murdoch press, I wasn't aware that Cameron had any control over their editorial policy.

Must try harder.

Nah, didn't miss it. As Hockey_saint said, plenty have been given already. There's plenty of examples on this thread and elsewhere that have been discussed. If you want to ignore them that's up to you, I'm not playing some silly game of jumping through hurdles for you to ignore stuff again.

I'm sure that KRG will be delighted to see that you have chosen to speak on his behalf.

Regarding the Boris Johnson comment, maybe you didn't see this:-http://liberalconspiracy.org/2012/01/10/why-boris-is-right-about-this/

Here is the TUC spokesman saying that he agrees with Boris. What have you to say about that?

As for your reference to the comments from mainly the Rupert Murdoch press, I wasn't aware that Cameron had any control over their editorial policy.

Must try harder.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that link show that Boris was actually speaking out against a Tory policy??

Yes, but Wes doesn't read too well and its wasted breath to explain it.

I think the pertinent point to make is that a lot of the stuff that has been the subject of such OTT hyperbole from the likes of Hockey are based on leaked proposals, not agreed policy. Boris is an influential figure in the Tory Party and his opinions will undoubtedly carry some considerable weight.

The changes that are proposed and those that have already began to be implemented by the last Tory/Lib Dem government are all explained here:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/2010-to-2015-government-policy-welfare-reform/2010-to-2015-government-policy-welfare-reform

Most of it seems pretty reasonable to me.

I think the pertinent point to make is that a lot of the stuff that has been the subject of such OTT hyperbole from the likes of Hockey are based on leaked proposals, not agreed policy. Boris is an influential figure in the Tory Party and his opinions will undoubtedly carry some considerable weight.

The changes that are proposed and those that have already began to be implemented by the last Tory/Lib Dem government are all explained here:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/2010-to-2015-government-policy-welfare-reform/2010-to-2015-government-policy-welfare-reform

Most of it seems pretty reasonable to me.

No, they are policy. But that is an excellent link. Thank you very much...But as you say, if it was shown to prove me wrong in any way....must try harder.

I know exactly how the examination goes for the new PIP and it is highly inappropriate and as Boris says, it's a cost saving issue as opposed to helping people. So, call me a loony leftie but I'm not fond of politicians who put money before the well being of people.

Even when it is on money that the well-being of some people depends on?

I grant you, some examples of cost-saving can be good for society; for example saving some money in the name of "care in the community" under Thatcher and getting a lot of disabled kids into mainstream education which was also a back-handed way of saving on education bills but I would just suggest there have to be many other avenues for saving money than removing from those who essentially cannot fight back.

Still, like the new minister for the disabled; under the freedom of information act you can now see what they previously voted for or against so what smart fellow in the current government DIDN'T look at the files of a fair few of the new "anti" ministers and say "oohh, you voted against the caveat to allow disabled people to be discounted from the single bedroom tax and voted against benefits for chronically ill children....You'll be perfect for disabilities minister!" really, you wouldn't credit it, surely they know this stuff is in the public domain?

I know I'm going back a little here, but those that were taking popshots at Laurie Penny for being some left wing loon, did anyone see what happened as a result?

Katie Hopkins went on one of her oh so informed tirades on Twitter (the latest in a series, she seems to have some sort of thing for LP), knowing full well her army of obedient trolls will follow suit and inundate her with trash. But yeah, it's all lefties that are mean and the right wingers are cowering reserved types, right?

The whole politics of fear thing is just straight up bullshít n all. That was the majority of the Tory campaign, "imagine the country run by the SNP. Why would you give the keys back to the people that crashed the (global) economy etc etc". Or the smear campaign run in Murdoch's publications about how Ed couldn't possibly be PM, because he looks a bit odd?

Finally, if you are privileged enough to see the whole thing as a game, and think people are upset that their team lost you really haven't a clue. You are lucky enough to not actually be worried about policy (probably Tory or labour, aside from maybe a bit of tax here and there). Whilst the worst off see their quality of life continue to plunge, disabled people are demonised for their existence and the use of food banks surge.

In this post you've summed up exactly why I, and I imagine a lot of other recent conservative voters, are sick to death of holier than thou labour voters.

How dare you imply that we voted anything except Labour because we are stupid enough to be influenced by Murdoch's publications (plural, although I can't remember a single Times or Sunday Times article on why we should not back EM because he looks odd?) and politics of fear! Using one of your examples by the way, living in the South of England and potentially being governed by a party that can only get legislation voted through with the help of a Scottish party whose main remit is to break up the Union, I think that for a lot of people down here is a genuine grievance? Are you saying we were morons to consider that as one of the many many reason to vote for or against a particular party. Why is it that we are all too thick to not see past these things but you aren't? Why is it, that because I and others made a decision that we think may be best for us, our families and the country as a whole, that is different from yours mean that we are easily led and susceptible to being taken in by "straight up bullshít"?

These days we can access multiple, practically unlimited media outlets, Murdoch's media barely gets 5% of my exposure to opinion and fact. Before the election many here were saying with great glee how the Sun et al no longer have any real influence on the election. Now Labour took a pasting it is all the fault of the dumb electorate that blindly believe Murdoch. No it isn't, it's because those of us that are working hard, seeing the country improve economically and the money in our pockets go further have decided that the alternative of a party that wants to change course on the policies that has served us well for the last 5 years hasn't worked hard enough to convince us to choose that alternative. Sorry to píss on your chips but that opinion was formulated by myself thanks. Yours is the arrogant, bitter, fingers in the ears attitude that frankly písses me off and I hope for Labour's sake (as I have voted for them before and probably will again one day) they get a better, more realistic and optimistic outlook than yours and others I have seen.

People have still ignored my question. One reason I voted conservative is because I felt they would be best for my business. With my business doing well I'm able to pay my staff more (well more than I can afford right now.) Now how is that selfish?

It's not.

Not all the conservative party's policies are bad.

I still think the tax rates could be tweaked a bit, like those on over 15k a year who move from virtually no taxation to 20% I think they levels could made so it's more gradual (I only say this because, as you know, once a member of staff gets a but more, at a certain level, most is taken away in tax any how).

It's not.

Not all the conservative party's policies are bad.

I still think the tax rates could be tweaked a bit, like those on over 15k a year who move from virtually no taxation to 20% I think they levels could made so it's more gradual (I only say this because, as you know, once a member of staff gets a but more, at a certain level, most is taken away in tax any how).

Agree with that. I'll be looking to put up staff wages by about 1-2% in September. Will probably cost me about 60K and much of that will not make it to the staff.

Agree with that. I'll be looking to put up staff wages by about 1-2% in September. Will probably cost me about 60K and much of that will not make it to the staff.

Fair play. The flip side of this is that there will have been a lot of employers that were worried about Labour's plans to increase the minimum wage to £8 per hour.

Fair play. The flip side of this is that there will have been a lot of employers that were worried about Labour's plans to increase the minimum wage to £8 per hour.

Absolutely this. It's simply something that I and everyone else in my line of work would be utterly unable to afford. So to label someone as heartless or selfish for voting conservative is completely wide of the mark. An element of my voting was because I'm protecting my business and my employees.

Edited by hypochondriac

In this post you've summed up exactly why I, and I imagine a lot of other recent conservative voters, are sick to death of holier than thou labour voters.

How dare you imply that we voted anything except Labour because we are stupid enough to be influenced by Murdoch's publications (plural, although I can't remember a single Times or Sunday Times article on why we should not back EM because he looks odd?) and politics of fear! Using one of your examples by the way, living in the South of England and potentially being governed by a party that can only get legislation voted through with the help of a Scottish party whose main remit is to break up the Union, I think that for a lot of people down here is a genuine grievance? Are you saying we were morons to consider that as one of the many many reason to vote for or against a particular party. Why is it that we are all too thick to not see past these things but you aren't? Why is it, that because I and others made a decision that we think may be best for us, our families and the country as a whole, that is different from yours mean that we are easily led and susceptible to being taken in by "straight up bullshít"?

These days we can access multiple, practically unlimited media outlets, Murdoch's media barely gets 5% of my exposure to opinion and fact. Before the election many here were saying with great glee how the Sun et al no longer have any real influence on the election. Now Labour took a pasting it is all the fault of the dumb electorate that blindly believe Murdoch. No it isn't, it's because those of us that are working hard, seeing the country improve economically and the money in our pockets go further have decided that the alternative of a party that wants to change course on the policies that has served us well for the last 5 years hasn't worked hard enough to convince us to choose that alternative. Sorry to píss on your chips but that opinion was formulated by myself thanks. Yours is the arrogant, bitter, fingers in the ears attitude that frankly písses me off and I hope for Labour's sake (as I have voted for them before and probably will again one day) they get a better, more realistic and optimistic outlook than yours and others I have seen.

Zzzzzzz. Master class in missing the point there.

I was referring specifically to the article trousers posted, and giving examples of how many of the things in that article are daft and 'the right' are equally culpable. Not individual Tory voters.

Zzzzzzz. Master class in missing the point there.

I was referring specifically to the article trousers posted, and giving examples of how many of the things in that article are daft and 'the right' are equally culpable. Not individual Tory voters.

You didn't express yourself very clearly, then did you?

Minimum wage is an interesting one actually. The local councils have an amount they consider the living wage of which they use to calculate how much, say, housing benefit someone should be entitled to towards accommodation. Doing a 37 hour week with pay that exceeds the minimum by quite some distance, I can tell you now that whatever this "living wage" is, it's higher than 8 pounds an hour over a 37 hour shift so hypo, even if you were paying this rate of 8 pounds an hour, if your workers were getting that amount, their rents would still be subsidised so I suppose it's more about the cost of living than how much people get an hour anyhow.

People have still ignored my question. One reason I voted conservative is because I felt they would be best for my business. With my business doing well I'm able to pay my staff more (well more than I can afford right now.) Now how is that selfish?
no and thats being honest and i for one think the last coalition government was great for this country,i hope cameron is true to his word and i believe he is a one nation tory rather than a believer of the Thatcherism divisive politics of the 80s nasty party.i like the way they seem to have alot of people in goverment who have come from working class backgrounds.

this

This is very disturbing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32738655

Whilst yes, that is disturbing (I've heard of a few cases similar) but honestly? 9 months? Also, please remember that PIP is (or should be) an in-work benefit so actually, it shouldn't be PIP they were attempting to claim (if it was, it could be suggested that in that 9 months they should get at least a part time job to cover some costs) It should have been ESA.

If I'm honest, that article does nothing to explain to you or I the difference between in work disability benefits and out of work ones.

http://newsthump.com/2015/05/14/tories-accidentally-ban-themselves-under-new-anti-extremism-laws/

"The incoming Conservative Government is to be immediately disbanded after it was discovered they’re illegal under new laws forbidding ‘extremist groups’."

• 3 weeks later...