Gay Premier Leauge players?

W9Saint

Hold on no I didn't you are trying to twist my words. We are clearly talking in general terms here and in general people feel more comfortable around like minded people. Otherwise why do areas like Soho and large parts of Brighton exist? Or why does Southampton have a large Polish population for example? Why are they not evenly spread over the rest of the UK?

But they are spread evenly over the rest of the UK. There will always be places where you have a bit more of a concentration but I live in a very small village and know of at least 7 people who are gay in the vicinity. You also seem to think that Brighton has a gay community that is built on the gay cabin crews from Gatwick. Do you know what a stereotypical viewpoint that is? If that was the case then where are the gay communities that should have sprung up around Heathrow and all of the other airports in the UK? Do you believe that all male cabin crew are gay? Fitzhugh Fella will be interested to hear that!

But they are spread evenly over the rest of the UK. There will always be places where you have a bit more of a concentration but I live in a very small village and know of at least 7 people who are gay in the vicinity. You also seem to think that Brighton has a gay community that is built on the gay cabin crews from Gatwick. Do you know what a stereotypical viewpoint that is? If that was the case then where are the gay communities that should have sprung up around Heathrow and all of the other airports in the UK? Do you believe that all male cabin crew are gay? Fitzhugh Fella will be interested to hear that!

an ex missus was/is a trolly dolly. a very high percentage of the men she worked with in the air were/are gay

Edited by Batman

No one has said that Charlie, you are reaching once again. Also as you have failed to answer, what is the definition of a homophobic crime?

You have had a definition Hypo. What you should concern yourself with more is what is being said by the gay community. If they say that they are still experiencing prejudice then why not believe them? Several footballers have recently said that they know of plenty of other gay footballers who wont come out because they are worried about the reaction. Why not believe them?

I will explain it once more for you. A "homophobic crime" is classed as a "hate crime." These are criminal acts that can range from bullying and discrimination up to rape and murder that are carried out on people and contain an element of discrimination against someone because of their race, religion, gender, sexuality etc. For it to be deemed a "hate crime" there has to be proof that the person or persons committing the crime display a clear intent against the victim based on what would be in this case, their sexuality. If they beat up a gay guy then there would have to be evidence that the violence was driven by the fact that the victim was gay. If it was just a punch up in the street with no evidence of discrimination against the gay person because of their sexuality then it would not be classed as a "hate crime." If a gay person is burgled that is not classed as a "hate crime." If a gay person is burgled and the words "Get out of town faggot" were scrawled on the walls then it would be recorded as a "hate crime." If what you are trying to infer is that a "hate crime" is recorded against anyone who has a crime committed against them as is gay (or Muslim or foreign or transgender or whatever) then you are barking up the wrong tree. As I say, there has to be clear evidence of a particular discrimination against the victim(s) so the figures recorded are meaningful.

There was a case reported the other day where a gay guy was abused by a shop worker every time he walked by the shop. They guy would blow kisses at him, make "teapot" gestures and limp wrist gestures etc. The guy was clearly targeting this guy because he was gay. No violence involved, nothing stolen but the accused was found guilty of discriminating behaviour. This will be recorded as a "hate crime." As I said earlier in the thread, I think that the term is misleading and somewhat Orwellian in nature because I am not convinced that bigots and people who carry out this type of antisocial behaviour actually always "hate" their targets, but it shouldn't detract from the acts themselves and how unacceptable they are.

I think you need to also understand that just because you may not witness this behaviour, it doesn't mean to say that it doesn't happen. The fact that the CPS have the facility on their software to monitor "hate crime" cases tells you how seriously the Criminal Justice System takes these offences. The only other specifically monitored offences are murder, rape and DV cases currently.

As long as people feel that they cannot be open and honest about their sexuality in this country there is clearly still a problem.

an ex missus was/is a trolly dolly. a very high percentage of the men she worked with in the air were/are gay

Maybe so, it doesn't mean that they all are and is just another example of lazy stereotyping that leads to people believing that Brighton has a large gay community because it is near Gatwick.

Maybe so, it doesn't mean that they all are and is just another example of lazy stereotyping that leads to people believing that Brighton has a large gay community because it is near Gatwick.

Well, it was the view of my ex when she lived there (before I met her)

She also said Crawley had a large gay scene because of gatwick

Hold on you really are talking some nonsense and making up things I have said. I never denied that there are not loads of gat people spread all over the country, I merely said that people in general like to live with people who are similar to them. It's why as I already said we have Polish areas, Muslim areas, why in America you have black areas etc. Obviously there are other factors about why they are grouped together but one of those factors is that people feel more comfortable in numbers. It's human nature and pretty undeniable. I never said that in all cases people who are gay group together or all that nonsense you made up about cabin crew.

Hold on you really are talking some nonsense and making up things I have said. I never denied that there are not loads of gat people spread all over the country, I merely said that people in general like to live with people who are similar to them. It's why as I already said we have Polish areas, Muslim areas, why in America you have black areas etc. Obviously there are other factors about why they are grouped together but one of those factors is that people feel more comfortable in numbers. It's human nature and pretty undeniable. I never said that in all cases people who are gay group together or all that nonsense you made up about cabin crew.

So you didn't say that Brighton has a large gay community due to the cabin crew from Gatwick? Also don't you think it is very discriminatory assuming that gay people like to live with "people who are similar to them?" The gay people I know think that they are similar to me and like living in our community. I think you give yourself away with your comments Hypo! As for feeling more comfortable in numbers, wtf? I think people feel more comfortable where others treat them decently and the same as everyone else and not as someone who is "different." You make some huge assumptions in this thread Hypo. Perhaps we should bring back the ghettos? ;) Just think what a kind gesture it was by the Nazis to group all the Jews, Slavs and Gays together. That must have been so grateful.

What are you on about Hypo? My many gay friends don't live in ghettos. Like you and me, they live where it suits them for work etc.

Do all hypochondriacs live near hospitals?

Ffs I didn't say that! It's a fact that certain areas are viewed as friendlier to gay people than others and as a consequence there is a higher gay population than average in those areas.

:lol: so you don't think there are certain areas of England where gay people would feel more comfortable about open displays of their sexuality? As already mentioned soho etc. :lol: you're living in a fantasy world mate.

You seem to have a thing about Soho and Brighton. I shall let you into a little secret. Gay people are everywhere! Argh!!!!!!

Do you think that there are no gay people in Bradford or Luton? Perhaps they all got jobs with BA and have moved to Brighton. You really need to get over this gay people are from another plant thing you have going on. They really are just human beings mate!

what is your answer to the original question?

do you think bradford or luton would be as welcoming to the gay scene as Brighton?

Precisely! It's a fact that the gay people I know feel more comfortable living and visiting Brighton than they would do in other areas. One of them has parents who live in a small village near Milton Keynes and often remarks the looks etc he gets when he walks down the road with his boyfriend compared to Brighton. Unless you are suggesting that all areas of Britain treat everyone the same?

Do you think that there are no gay people in Bradford or Luton? Perhaps they all got jobs with BA and have moved to Brighton. You really need to get over this gay people are from another plant thing you have going on. They really are just human beings mate!

Wtf are you on about? Where did I say that? You're completely inventing things and suggesting thing I have never ever said. Quite sad.

Some despicable comments from a hateful homophobe. Utterly shameful.

Cabin crew is seen by some as a job heavily populated with gay men. How do you feel about that stereotype?

I know cabin crew is regarded as the stereotypical job for a gay man. I don’t actually feel much about that because there’s actually quite a lot of gay men doing this job, so there’s actually a reason why this stereotype exists.

Also, I am completely out to family and friends so I didn’t really give it much thought when choosing the job; I really wanted to become one and I didn’t hesitate – even when I told my family that I was moving to another country to do it.

How true is the stereotype? In your experience, what percentage of men in your profession are gay?

The stereotype is actually quite true. There’s a high percentage of gay men doing this job. I was actually surprised that there were more straight men doing the job than I expected when I started. In my experience, I would say about 60% of the men working as cabin crew are gay men.

These lies are from something called Gay Star news which is kind of thing that definitely doesn't exist in SOG world.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/hairdresser-cabin-crew-and-nurse-what-it%E2%80%99s-working-%E2%80%98gay%E2%80%99-jobs240315/

Are there many straight chicks in Brighton , it could be quite a good place to go pulling if there are . The more gay men there are surely there will be quite a lot of desperate hetro women . I guess the only problem maybe managing their expectations as most gay men I've met are pretty good looking and incredibly in tune with what women want. In fact , they'd be great bird magnets if they were into that sort of thing . If chicks are used to living in the Gay ghetto of Brighton , they may expect me to comment on their hair or spend time on myself getting ready .

Are there many straight chicks in Brighton , it could be quite a good place to go pulling if there are . The more gay men there are surely there will be quite a lot of desperate hetro women . I guess the only problem maybe managing their expectations as most gay men I've met are pretty good looking and incredibly in tune with what women want. In fact , they'd be great bird magnets if they were into that sort of thing . If chicks are used to living in the Gay ghetto of Brighton , they may expect me to comment on their hair or spend time on myself getting ready .

3/10

Precisely! It's a fact that the gay people I know feel more comfortable living and visiting Brighton than they would do in other areas. One of them has parents who live in a small village near Milton Keynes and often remarks the looks etc he gets when he walks down the road with his boyfriend compared to Brighton. Unless you are suggesting that all areas of Britain treat everyone the same?

I think this is the point - some areas of the UK are much more accepting them others. - This only demonstrates we still have a way to go untl we reach a stage where no cares what your sexuality is.

I think this is the point - some areas of the UK are much more accepting them others. - This only demonstrates we still have a way to go untl we reach a stage where no cares what your sexuality is.

Whilst we have areas with such a heavy Muslim population and a seemingly open door policy. If anything, it will go the other way in these areas

I agree but just because there are areas that are very supportive doesn't mean that all the others are actively hostile to gay people. There is obviously degrees along that spectrum. There is always room for more tolerance and acceptance though I agree. I doubt it will ever be perfect.

Cabin crew is seen by some as a job heavily populated with gay men. How do you feel about that stereotype?

I know cabin crew is regarded as the stereotypical job for a gay man. I don’t actually feel much about that because there’s actually quite a lot of gay men doing this job, so there’s actually a reason why this stereotype exists.

Also, I am completely out to family and friends so I didn’t really give it much thought when choosing the job; I really wanted to become one and I didn’t hesitate – even when I told my family that I was moving to another country to do it.

How true is the stereotype? In your experience, what percentage of men in your profession are gay?

The stereotype is actually quite true. There’s a high percentage of gay men doing this job. I was actually surprised that there were more straight men doing the job than I expected when I started. In my experience, I would say about 60% of the men working as cabin crew are gay men.

These lies are from something called Gay Star news which is kind of thing that definitely doesn't exist in SOG world.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/hairdresser-cabin-crew-and-nurse-what-it%E2%80%99s-working-%E2%80%98gay%E2%80%99-jobs240315/

What are you talking about?

He doesn't have one. He's desperate to try to paint me as anti gay and invent things about cabin crew. He's failing miserably.

I went out actually. I am not trying to paint you as anti gay. I just find it odd that you think that there is a gay scene in Brighton because, according to you, of the numbers of gay cabin crew members. You also see to think that gay people are "different" to other people. These are your words.

So from this we are to assume that if someone is male and working as cabin crew they are gay. Along with women's hairdressers and interior designers. My CB Fry, haven't we come a long way since the 70s? Are you free? ;)

From your own figures, 40% of male cabin crew are not gay.

I went out actually. I am not trying to paint you as anti gay. I just find it odd that you think that there is a gay scene in Brighton because, according to you, of the numbers of gay cabin crew members. You also see to think that gay people are "different" to other people. These are your words.

Where did I mention anything about cabin crew you fruitcake! Find where I said that! I said nothing about cabin crew you mentalist, you're the one who invented that in your own strange mind. And of course gay people are different from heterosexual people. They like members of the same sex, that's an obvious difference.

Edited by hypochondriac

So from this we are to assume that if someone is male and working as cabin crew they are gay. Along with women's hairdressers and interior designers. My CB Fry, haven't we come a long way since the 70s? Are you free? ;)

From your own figures, 40% of male cabin crew are not gay.

Thanks for conclusively proving that you are a nutcase.

Well, it was the view of my ex when she lived there (before I met her)

She also said Crawley had a large gay scene because of gatwick

Wouldn't say that was particularly true and I live in Crawley and go out drinking with a lot of cabin crew. In fact I can only think of 1 gay bar here.

My impression is that a lot of the older guys with a bit more money tend to live in Brighton, whilst many of the younger guys live closer to Gatwick where it's cheaper and easier to get to work. However, even the ones who don't live there like going to Brighton for the 'gay scene' and the pride events etc.

I'd say more than anything it's just a place to meet like minded people and nothing more sinister.

The underlying theme of this entire thread is that gays should all live together in cordoned off areas, possibly Brighton or a modular style building on the Gatwick Airport grounds, and frankly I think that's f*cking disgusting. This isn't 2013 anymore, gays are openly accepted in society. A few on this thread, you know who you are, are guilty of some outrageous homophobia and I'm sure when the mods see there will be some bannings taking place.

This thread has turned into pure gold.

Seriously, SOG and CEC, actually READ what Hypo has said, and take what he has written at face value. Don't infer things that aren't there and understand that stereotypes are there, because generally they have some truth to them. Not 100%, no one is saying that, but they do tend to ring true, hence why they're stereotypes in the first place.

The underlying theme of this entire thread is that gays should all live together in cordoned off areas, possibly Brighton or a modular style building on the Gatwick Airport grounds, and frankly I think that's f*cking disgusting. This isn't 2013 anymore, gays are openly accepted in society. A few on this thread, you know who you are, are guilty of some outrageous homophobia and I'm sure when the mods see there will be some bannings taking place.

Stop it, people will take this post seriously and everything will get blown out of proportion!

Seriously, SOG and CEC, actually READ what Hypo has said, and take what he has written at face value. Don't infer things that aren't there and understand that stereotypes are there, because generally they have some truth to them. Not 100%, no one is saying that, but they do tend to ring true, hence why they're stereotypes in the first place.

So you're saying you think EVERY sterotypical person behaves to that sterotype? Disgusting. Typical stereotypicalpersonphobia.

I myself have met lots if stereotypical people and all of them are completely different to each other. I personally know that all stereotypical people are unique in their own way. Well, except the lesbians.

So you're saying you think EVERY sterotypical person behaves to that sterotype? Disgusting. Typical stereotypicalpersonphobia.

I myself have met lots if stereotypical people and all of them are completely different to each other. I personally know that all stereotypical people are unique in their own way. Well, except the lesbians.

Like.

But I have carefully read all contributions posted on this thread. For some reason the member in question is seeking to downplay the reality of homophobia in our society today - apparent on the grounds that he has not witnessed any incidents of this nature himself. In reply I (and others) have pointed out to him that there is actually good statistical evidence that many members of our 'LGBT' population do indeed still suffer significantly from various forms of abuse.

You may think differently of course, but it seems to me that the people who are best placed to judge the reality of the situation are not those on here with some (unknown) agenda they seem determined to promote, but rather those with direct personal experience of homophobia in action - i.e. its victims. Ultimately, who the hell am I to question the truth of what they report .. some might well wonder who are you and Hypo to do so for that matter?

But I have carefully read all contributions posted on this thread. For some reason the member in question is seeking to downplay the reality of homophobia in our society today - apparent on the grounds that he has not witnessed any incidents of this nature himself. In reply I (and others) have pointed out to him that there is actually good statistical evidence that many members of our 'LGBT' population do indeed still suffer significantly from various forms of abuse.

You may think differently of course, but it seems to me that the people who are best placed to judge the reality of the situation are not those on here with some (unknown) agenda they seem determined to promote, but rather those with direct personal experience of homophobia in action - i.e. its victims. Ultimately, who the hell am I to question the truth of what they report .. some might well wonder who are you and Hypo to do so for that matter?

In my considerable experience of mixing with gays I genuinely don't believe they are victims of crime any more or less than an other minority group. I wouldnt trust the stats you quote as by and large gays are sensitive, easily upset types so would be more likely to easily upset or perhaps be offended when none was intended therefore more likely to report crimes when in truth there wasn't one. So I'd suggest real crimes a lot lower than your statistics. That said though one of the reasons I admire gay people so much, apart from their style and grooming is their bravery. When they decide to be gay its a big step to come out it takes bravery to come out. I remember my cousin decided it was for him 20 years ago it was the subject that must not be discussed by their side of the family.

Yesterday I witnessed a hate crime that I think would warrant the perpetrators a five year stretch at HMP Parkhurst.

I've decided not to report it or take any decisive action about it now, but I am planning to use it to make a pompous point while grandstanding in a debate on a football forum in a few years time. Have I done the right thing?