Alex Chamberlain available in the summer?

Saint Charlie

Yep, pretty much. I asked Fonte about this last night when I spoke to him but the quotes are being held back for tomorrow's paper, I believe.

He said a bit more than there is in those ClubCall quotes, but that's the general gist of it. If the paper don't use all the quotes, I can bung the full transcript up here.

Will it expand on Fonte saying he spoke to Chambo.

F- You should come back bud.

OC- Nah I'm cool were I am mate.

?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

lol he would never come back to Saints get realistic only place he would go would be City, Liverpool, United clubs like that boys

Except that he isn't currently good enough, because he hasn't progressed enough, to guarantee first team footie with them. He has to swallow pride and relearn his trade. Potentially he could be much better than he would have been had Arsene (and his own ego) not ruined his development.

Exactly. Fairly understandable to be frustrated when it happens and someone leaves but everyone accepts it's part of the game and works both ways.

I don't recall anyone on here ever saying this is awful, saints would never ever allow such behaviour! Did I miss those posts?

We do get some beautiful "no one ever said that" posts on this forum, but this one is a pearl.

Edited by CB Fry

No one cares, it happens.

RE: Shaw, Lallana, Lambert, Clyne, Morgan ..et al.

^ when they were getting tapped up away on International duty at the last World Cup, who WASN'T p*ssed off about that?

Because I sure as hell was.

I'm of the consensus of lets make things happen and "sound" players out, but at the same time I don't want it to be our players.

I know that's massively 2 faced but there you go.

He would fit in very well at Spurs but presumably an Arse to Spurs move is unlikely for a contracted player.

I would like to see him here again. Can play centrally from deep and carries a goal threat with the ability to beat a man. We have no one in our current squad that you can really say that about.

Able to let the quotes from the one-on-one interview I had with Jose on Wednesday night filter out now... should be some more quotes from Fonte on Chamberlain flying around on Yahoo Sport at some point tomorrow.

@ConnorArmstrong: Fonte also revealed that he HAS spoken to Alex Chamberlain about a St. Mary's return and he wants the academy graduate back at #SaintsFC.

@ConnorArmstrong: "Have I been talking to Alex and has it been mentioned? Yeah, of course," Fonte told me on Wednesday evening. #saintsfc

@ConnorArmstrong: Fonte: "We talk, we played together before and Chambo is one of the kids that I really am fond of and I like him a lot." - #SaintsFC

@ConnorArmstrong: Fonte: "He’s a great kid and I wish him all the best. He’s at a great club, but I just want the best for him." - #SaintsFC

@ConnorArmstrong: Fonte: "If he decides that a move to #SaintsFC would be good for his career, why not? I can’t deny that I would love to see him back."

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

Exactly. Fairly understandable to be frustrated when it happens and someone leaves but everyone accepts it's part of the game and works both ways.

I don't recall anyone on here ever saying this is awful, saints would never ever allow such behaviour! Did I miss those posts?

Behave Adrian, Koemans autobiography will be called "Ronald a plumbers tale" the amount of players he's tapped up. You think Forster and David Watson never spoke before he joined us? It goes on all the time yet when it happens against us its disgusting behaviour from arrogant p*icks. When it works in our favour them its great news that we've got people well respected in the game that can promote the club to prospective signings.

Able to let the quotes from the one-on-one interview I had with Jose on Wednesday night filter out now... should be some more quotes from Fonte on Chamberlain flying around on Yahoo Sport at some point tomorrow.

@ConnorArmstrong: Fonte also revealed that he HAS spoken to Alex Chamberlain about a St. Mary's return and he wants the academy graduate back at #SaintsFC.

@ConnorArmstrong: "Have I been talking to Alex and has it been mentioned? Yeah, of course," Fonte told me on Wednesday evening. #saintsfc

@ConnorArmstrong: Fonte: "We talk, we played together before and Chambo is one of the kids that I really am fond of and I like him a lot." - #SaintsFC

@ConnorArmstrong: Fonte: "He’s a great kid and I wish him all the best. He’s at a great club, but I just want the best for him." - #SaintsFC

@ConnorArmstrong: Fonte: "If he decides that a move to #SaintsFC would be good for his career, why not? I can’t deny that I would love to see him back."

Sounds a bit past tense like he spoke to him re a January loan move and Chamberlain wasn't bothered.

Did it come across that way?

Sounds a bit past tense like he spoke to him re a January loan move and Chamberlain wasn't bothered.

Did it come across that way?

Even if that's true, Chamberlain's situation may have changed at Arsenal since then. He was coming back from injury in January (wasn't he?) but must now realise he's never going to get enough games there.

Arsenal seem to be very open to him leaving so I'm not sure they will be bothered in the slightest.

True.

But Fonte does need to be at least a bit careful about what he allows to dribble out of his cakehole because that does smack of tapping up quite strongly and

is leaving us open to Arsenal making a claim about it and lets face it..

It doesn't take much for Arsene Wenger to start moaning does it?

You're all misunderstanding what 'tapping up' is. It's negotiating or discussing contracts without your club's permission. I highly doubt Fonte has been talking to Chamberlain about his performance-related bonuses.

You can't stop players talking to each other, and I can't even see why you'd want to.

You're all misunderstanding what 'tapping up' is. It's negotiating or discussing contracts without your club's permission. I highly doubt Fonte has been talking to Chamberlain about his performance-related bonuses.

You can't stop players talking to each other, and I can't even see why you'd want to.

The concept of tapping up is nothing to do with discussing contracts specifically.

Now you say. Should have said summer 2014

The concept of tapping up is nothing to do with discussing contracts specifically.

Contracts are the common denominator of incidents which led to disciplinary proceedings. Managers and agents meeting is quite different to players having a chat.

That's what Steven Gerrard was doing on England duty with our Adam Lallana when half of this forum went into a mattress soaking "something-must-be-done-about-this" meltdown?

I never had Stevie G as an expert on employment contracts but you know best.