Liverpool FC

pap

Barmy Blackburn have added to Liverpool's woes tonight by comprehensively beating them.

Hodgson's got to go now, hasn't he? Or at the very least, early in the transfer window. This is their worst start to a season for over 50 years.

As a Sotonian who has spent 15 years living in Liverpool, I've had to put up with smug reds :-

"Sou't'ampton? What division are dey in?" ( heard from scousers, 1994-present ).

So personally, I'm quite happy about it. The missus is going spare. Could Liverpool get relegated this season? Do their players even know how to handle a relegation battle?

Barmy Blackburn have added to Liverpool's woes tonight by comprehensively beating them.

Hodgson's got to go now, hasn't he? Or at the very least, early in the transfer window. This is their worst start to a season for over 50 years.

As a Sotonian who has spent 15 years living in Liverpool, I've had to put up with smug reds :-

"Sou't'ampton? What division are dey in?" ( heard from scousers, 1994-present ).

So personally, I'm quite happy about it. The missus is going spare. Could Liverpool get relegated this season? Do their players even know how to handle a relegation battle?

Bit of a silly question on their part, considering for 10 of those years we were in the same division...

Bit of a silly question on their part, considering for 10 of those years we were in the same division...

Half the time it was probably a joke. The other half, it was probably the result of their consensual delusion that there literally is only one team in the world. Those dates are not wrong, but to be fair to my adopted brethren, a lot of them did let on that Saints were in the Prem.

No team is too bad to go down, and the Leeds team that got relegated was probably better than this Liverpool team.

Make no mistake though, it was primarily Rafa that did the damage at the reds, and it seems to me are the only people that don't see this are the Liverpool fans. Hodgson has not done a good job, i accept that, but its not really his team and it seems to be the players just aren't playing for him.

No surprise either, the team is so disjointed, they have no width, no real strikers other than Torres (when fit!), and no one that is able to really win the ball for them. I haven't got much faith in their defence either TBH.

They only look half decent when Gerrard is playing, and they have become far too reliant on him.

Will they go down ?? No.

Will they sack Hodgson ? Yes.

All this talk of Liverpool though, what about Chelsea!!! Ancelotti won't last much longer. The premiership is a crazy place this season.

It is actually gutting to not be in the mix. Long may it continue. I'd like to see a team that hasn't won it get it this year, but United seem to be effortlessly holding their lead.

Liverpool not doing well and neither are Chelsea. Wonder how safe Ancelotti is... Interesting times. What is incredible though is no matter what happens and what new challenges come at them, Ferguson's Manchester United always come out on top. He is a top notch manager.

Edited by Saintandy666

I actually feel very sorry for Liverpool fans, would far rather they won the prem than the Manchester teams, or even Chelsea. Arsenal I don't mind watching, they looked awesome last night (on the TV).

Don't think Liverpool will go down, but I wouldn't mind a fiver on Villa to go, would be a shocker as they are, or rather, should be, an absolutely massive club!!

I doubt there are many managers that could do a better job at Liverpool. They've lost half of their top drawer players. Benayoun and Masherano were massive for them last season and half of their best XI are now journeymen like Konchesky, Maxi, Lucas and N'Gog

Their now solely relying on Gerrard and Torres to deliver the goods and Torres looks more disinterested every week

I doubt there are many managers that could do a better job at Liverpool. They've lost half of their top drawer players. Benayoun and Masherano were massive for them last season and half of their best XI are now journeymen like Konchesky, Maxi, Lucas and N'Gog

Their now solely relying on Gerrard and Torres to deliver the goods and Torres looks more disinterested every week

Agree with this. Hodgson has jumped into a right old bag of shyte and i hope the boys upstairs give him some backing to get the Club out of it.

Slightly off topic, but after the semi final in '84 i love it everytime Everton lose, ha ha, makes me smile.

I find it odd that their normally patient supporters are giving Woy such a hard time when they were so quiet about the useless Benitez.

The players look as if they are playing for the manager to get sacked, although I am baffled by Woy playing the Greek CB last night instead of Agger. The owners have 2 choices - back the manager 100% against the players wishes, or sack Woy.

It looks to me like Woy will get fired, Dalglish will take over as caretaker, and I wouldn't mind betting that Deschamp will get the job at the end of the season.

I enjoy the suffering of Liverpool fans.

It's not Hodgsons fault they are in the shyte, but he hasn't much to get them out of it.

If the whole Liverpool squad was put up for sale, only 2 or 3 players would attract interest from other top notch teams, the others would be lucky to get squad places

at teams like Wolves, West Ham and Blackburn or end up in the Greek League or something.

They could go down, but I doubt it.

The intelligence of the scousers was summed up when the fans held up banners such as "Come Home Rafa!!!". How they can be so blindsighted that it was infact that useless sack of sh*t that took a Champions League Winning team to the appalling lump of carp they now watch each week!

But I Love it! I can't stand Liverpoo and the downfall of them is a pleasure to watch as far as I'm concerned.

In the words of Nelson... "HAAAA HAA!"

I'm really enjoying Liverpools woes as they were the team most of the glory hunters supported of my generation and therefore it's amusing giving them some sh1t.

hear hear

Liverpool are still my most disliked team (after the skates of course), I always remember at school in the 80's kids in my class etc 'supporting' Liverpool who were Southampton born and bred and never even set foot in Liverpool.

Love if they went down, can't see it somehow though.

They just need to..."CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN!"...

Yes Harry.

Hodgson will be fired in the next few days at the latest - and then go back to being the good manager everyone knows he is, so long as he doesn't get offered anything at Newcastle.

hear hear

Liverpool are still my most disliked team (after the skates of course), I always remember at school in the 80's kids in my class etc 'supporting' Liverpool who were Southampton born and bred and never even set foot in Liverpool.

Love if they went down, can't see it somehow though.

I'll 3rd that. Still my most hated team and always will be. Them coming back from 3-0 down in the European Cup final a few years back was the worst thing ever to happen on a football pitch. Did you notice just how many 40-ish year olds (with non-Scouse accents) suddenly became massive Lpool fans again ('well I've always supported them haven't I').

I actually find it quite hard to watch them on TV - just in case they win. I will watch the Man Utd cup game though. I hate Man Utd less than I hate Lpool so come on Utd - stuff em out of sight.

I don't think they'll go down though. A few wins in a row (which sadly they are capable of) will put them well out of danger and towards the top 6.

I'd like to see Man City win the league. I don't hate them (yet!).

A Liverpool supporting mate forwarded this to me... I thought the graphical comparison of Reina's passing this season v last was pretty interesting.

http://tomkinstimes.com/2010/12/its-getting-ugly-hodgson%e2%80%99s-way/

It's interesting, but everywhere Hodgson's been he's taken somewhere between 6-12 months to get the personnel playing the way he wants them to, and he has a specific way of coaching, which was hugely successful in getting Fulham to the level they were at.

Basically his problem is that Liverpool fans think they should be doing better than Fulham did last season, when actually they're probably much worse than that at the moment (and were last season judging by Europa League performances). Also, success for Fulham isn't success for Liverpool - but I think Hodgson would be happy matching last season's Fulham finish at the moment even without the european stuff. I can't see the Spanish legacy Benitez left matching up to the style he wants so that'll take some time.

Maybe he needs Hangeland in. Bizarrely I can see similarities between Zamora and Torres, at least in terms of workrate and trickiness, if not build or ability to drag balls out of the sky.

The other simple fact is that with the exception of Arsenal, teams are getting increasingly direct again (note Man City's launch and support style, and Man U's use of the quick ball to Berbatov or Rooney and getting the wingers up in support), so Reina's distribution is not really that anomalous.