Croatia v England

Nexstar

Redknapp : "I knew Theo was a talent, which is why I gave him his debut, he was always going to turn into a great player and I'm glad I was the one that started it all for him"

Back page tomorrow, anyone?

If he takes the credit for Walcott I will go up to sandbanks and burn his house down before smashing his f*cking face in.

I don't give a sh*t about going to prison, i'm fighting for a better cause.

Best performance since we beat ze Germans 5-1.

Theo was outstanding, as was Heskey believe it or not.

I thought Capello got the tactics spot on too so full credit to him.

After today, what are the odds we stutter to a 1 nil win against Borat and his boys? :eek:

If he takes the credit for Walcott I will go up to sandbanks and burn his house down before smashing his f*cking face in.

I don't give a sh*t about going to prison, i'm fighting for a better cause.

You just know bagc**t will be in the papers tomorrow saying it was all down to him that Walcott is playing now. :mad:

Redknapp : "I knew Theo was a talent, which is why I gave him his debut, he was always going to turn into a great player and I'm glad I was the one that started it all for him"

Back page tomorrow, anyone?

That takes the f**king biscuit. What a load of utter bull. So I suppose George Burley is a wonderman for giving Gareth Bale his debut too..?

Redknapp gave Theo his debut because even a blind man could see he had pace and skill, and Saints were absolutely desperate. It has nothing to do with Redknapp's obvious high opinion of his own perception.

Bloody brilliant. Haven't enjoyed watching England play so much in a very long time. Even when it was 11 v 11 we were in control IMO & then to put them to the sword when they went down to 10 was great, it would have been easy for us to sit back & not push on.

Couldn't really fault one player tonight, not even Lampard! Heskey was super & perhaps what we have been missing. Rooney turned up for a change and i needn't comment on Theo's performance!

does he actually claim that..?

He probably stops just short of actually saying that, although he's always banged on about how he gave Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Frank Lampard and Rio Ferdinand their debuts at West Ham as some sort of sign that he a) cares about young players and b) developed their talent before unleashing them on the unsuspecting Premier League, when in actual fact they were nurtured by the West Ham academy and selected for the first team because they were far better than anyone else Redknapp had at his disposal. If any other manager had been West Ham manager at the time, they'd have done exactly the same thing. Redknapp was just lucky that he was in the hotseat at the time.

anyway...my thoughts on the game..

It was a great game with great performances...

Capello clearly knows what he is doing and after the pretty even start and theo finding his feet they were scared stiff..

The high tempo, pressing game is what we are good at in this country and seeing the national team FINALLY do it was such a joy to watch...

as the game went on (and the goals went in) the confidence just oozed out of the players..and the way we kept the ball at times in the second half was supreme....

What I lilke about Capello is that HE will pick the team HE thinks will win, not the "names" so to speak...

who would have brought Jenas on for Cole..? I was puzzled when he did it but it came pretty clear as Jenas has high energy to constantly pile on the presure and keep Corluka at RB and not let him forward..

it shows Lampard CAN play well.

Theo is not really a winger but a right sided forward and seems a brilliant one at that....when he got going he was unstoppable at times..

Rooney (who I have been very critical) was brilliant and HAS to play with a Heskey and Walcott as it allowed him to come deep and get the ball..

MoM - THEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOO

Not really, this BBC headline was a bit surprising.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't they just manage to beat Iceland with a narrow 2-1 victory? How that equates to blasting critics I do not know.

C'mon with Scotland's record if they beat anyone by one goal its a thrashing!!

:D

Not really, this BBC headline was a bit surprising.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't they just manage to beat Iceland with a narrow 2-1 victory? How that equates to blasting critics I do not know.

A 2-1 win away at Iceland is always going to be a good result, they where 2-0 up and cruising until some burk decided to hand ball it in the area.

Not that I want to defend Burley or anything.

it shows Lampard CAN play well.

Theo is not really a winger but a right sided forward and seems a brilliant one at that....when he got going he was unstoppable at times..

Rooney (who I have been very critical) was brilliant and HAS to play with a Heskey and Walcott as it allowed him to come deep and get the ball..

Spot on really, Capello got his tactics perfect for the game.

Joe Cole playing through the middle to give Ashley Cole space to run into, Walcott holding a really high line to support Heskey and Rooney dropping deep to support the midfield.

I though Lampard was great at what he done, just sat infront of the back four and bursting forward and Rooney probably put in his best performance since 2004 and that was nearly all after the red card.

I just hope we can keep a similar balance in future games and the match going England fans don't turn on Lampard, Rooney, the others when we're not winning by a massive margin at half time. Doing it over a period of time is what's important. . .

Spot on really, Capello got his tactics perfect for the game.

Joe Cole playing through the middle to give Ashley Cole space to run into, Walcott holding a really high line to support Heskey and Rooney dropping deep to support the midfield.

I though Lampard was great at what he done, just sat infront of the back four and bursting forward and Rooney probably put in his best performance since 2004 and that was nearly all after the red card.

I just hope we can keep a similar balance in future games and the match going England fans don't turn on Lampard, Rooney, the others when we're not winning by a massive margin at half time. Doing it over a period of time is what's important. . .

indeed...also, I believe Capello would pick a team to win a game..if that means changing a couple of players then so be it...not just keeping the same players in for the sake of it...the movement upfront was superb...when Theo found himself in the middle you would look and see (mostly) rooney and at times hesky, pulling out wide in theo's position....but the big thing for me was what you said, Heskey and the fact Theo was more of a right forward allowed rooney to drop off AND THAT is his game and it worked a treat.....I just does my nut him when we try and play rooney with owen or defoe...it never really happens for him

I actually felt a tad gutted for lampard as that goal got disallowed, the look on his face told a story...the way he broke into the bax, went past players before the one-two was what we wanted to see...

but like I said...High energy, high(ish) tempo and a bit "in your face" are what we are bloody good at and it worked...Croatia have never lost a home compititve international (about 14 years or so) and they simply could not cope...

THAT has to be the way forward for us...

Edited by Thedelldays

A 2-1 win away at Iceland is always going to be a good result, they where 2-0 up and cruising until some burk decided to hand ball it in the area.

Not that I want to defend Burley or anything.

I watched the game and the sweaty Jocks were getting well hammered, In fact you could say Iceland sort of manèged to snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory....P45 for Burley in 3 games, Nailed on bet;)

Guest Hacienda
England fans don't turn on Lampard, Rooney, the others when we're not winning by a massive margin at half time. Doing it over a period of time is what's important. . .

It's not the score it's the shocking lack of heart that they've shown.

That's why Becks is still loved by the travelling hoardes, because he understands and he cares.

It's not the score it's the shocking lack of heart that they've shown.

That's why Becks is still loved by the travelling hoardes, because he understands and he cares.

That's what annoys me when people moan about Beckham and say he's all about the money. I can recall several moments during England games when he was clearly the only one who did care about the game and not just about picking up his paycheck.

Guest Hacienda
That's what annoys me when people moan about Beckham and say he's all about the money. I can recall several moments during England games when he was clearly the only one who did care about the game and not just about picking up his paycheck.

I'll never forget the Greece game at OT where he dragged England to the finals on his own.

It's very rare to hear those who go to games slag him down. Yes his legs have gone but he's always given 100% when other midfield pretenders have merely crumbled at international level.

he clearly cares....he has always maintained that it is and always will be his dream to be involved with england..

he is/has been one of, if not the biggest name/star on the planet...bigger player than anyone else for england for a generation and he does not moan when he gets dropped, happy to be part of the squad and take his place on the bench

the stick becks has had over the years, the way he got treated my mclaren and the fact he is not a starter anymore has not detered him from his love of the national team

others have quit but he wants to be there..

The day Becks quits the team will be a sad day

He is a proper Lenged IMO and one of the best pro's for kids to look up to considering the media that follows him every where he goes..