Different Ownership and Managment, same old summer

alpine_saint

Nothing but rumours, no solid transfer activity, gaps in the team to fill as usual (this case RB and CM).

Pre-season around the corner, and "gelling" until October ensuring no automatic promotion.

We need to start this season on our feet and already running, and the same old b*ll*cks is occuring.

Nothing but rumours, no solid transfer activity, gaps in the team to fill as usual (this case RB and CM).

Pre-season around the corner, and "gelling" until October ensuring no automatic promotion.

We need to start this season on our feet and already running, and the same old b*ll*cks is occuring.

FFS Alps, its a little early for this. Let Pards have a little holiday, we dont need to already be back in training with all our signings made. If there is no new RB before the end of June I will be happy to let you moan about it, until then give them a break please. :)

Same old b*ll*cks coming from you.

Pre-season is not around the corner, the World Cup is around the corner. There is always minimal transfer activity before a World Cup.

Calm down dear.

What a moaner you are!!! Unbelievable.

For clubs in the lower divisions, there won't be much transfer activity until the end of June when players' contracts expire. While we've obviously got a bigger budget than everyone else, that doesn't mean we won't be looking at the free transfer market. The links with Calderon and Dickson are testament to that.

I'd expect the majority of signings to be made during our pre-season programme, which then gives them a varying number of games to get themselves integrated into the team. I see no reason why we can't hit the ground running in August at this stage.

Pre-season is not around the corner, the World Cup is around the corner. There is always minimal transfer activity before a World Cup.

Calm down dear.

What's the World Cup to do with our transfer activity ? I must have missed the rumours about us snapping up Messi and Kaka...:rolleyes:

you've clearly posted this looking for a reaction.

Rubbish. I posted this because I am exasperated already.

We knew with about 5 games to go the play-offs werent going to happen. I want to know why transfers were not identified then and signed after the window started.

it was end of July, August that we signed Harding, Hammond and Lambert last season.

it was late due to takeover I know but shows that good players are likely to be available for months yet.

If its mid July than it maybe an issue but until then total non-issue

Rubbish. I posted this because I am exasperated already..

LOL....6 days into the transefr window, when most players are on holiday, a world cup just about to strat and historically the quietest period of the transfer window. My best advice is to up the dosage.

Total drivel

We knew with about 5 games to go the play-offs werent going to happen. I want to know why transfers were not identified then and signed after the window started.

exasperated? seriously? get a grip...

there will be signings, not many though as Pard's does not want to distrupt the team from last year.

i expect us to do business right up till sept.

How do you know they was not identified then?

So it's a good idea to sign someone in June and then pay them 8k to sit on a sunny beach in Spain until the pre season starts?

FFS Alps, its a little early for this. Let Pards have a little holiday, we dont need to already be back in training with all our signings made. If there is no new RB before the end of June I will be happy to let you moan about it, until then give them a break please. :)

Sorry, did I sleep through June? Are we seriously moaning about no summer transfer news when it's barely June??

Insane....

How do you know they was not identified then?

So it's a good idea to sign someone in June and then pay them 8k to sit on a sunny beach in Spain until the pre season starts?

If it prevents someone else snapping up our targets, yes.

In addition, I still cannot comprehend why people think the World Cup is somehow a block on our transfer activity at this level.

You can be sure that targets have been identified !

There's not much point in paying someone holiday money before he even starts training, is there ?

Ps. good luck with the wind up, it is really quite quiet on here at the moment !:)

I agree with Alps. We haven't signed a RB and we haven't signed a CM to partner Morgan. With only two weeks left to the opening game I am worried... oh wait, not two weeks, two months. Ok, my fault, I'm just being a ******.

You can be sure that targets have been identified !

There's not much point in paying someone holiday money before he even starts training, is there ?

Ps. good luck with the wind up, it is really quite quiet on here at the moment !:)

FFS, it is not a wind up !

Rumours are short on the ground at the moment, but everyone is accompanied by "Club X is also tracking" or "Club X is also interested".

Do we want to lose our targets to Club X because they were willing to fork out a few weeks earlier ?

Now i know you are impatient but even by your standards this is harsh ;)

Transfer targets are / were identified imo. A couple will be freebies which as Steve Grant says cant happen until after their contracts expire. They are on their hols and will report back soon for a mini session. Even if we had signed them as soon as the window started, they wouldnt be gelling with the team because the team are all away.

What's the World Cup to do with our transfer activity ? I must have missed the rumours about us snapping up Messi and Kaka...:rolleyes:

Very funny, it's got nothing to do with who we are signing, but transfer activity is always almost non-existant during the World Cup, even for lowe league clubs.

And to be fair, it wouldn't surprise me if we were having a look at players from a few of the smaller nations.

Forget sleeping through June, you clearly sleep through our sh*t start to every season through August and September...

No, I'm actually at the games... You ought to try it before you start ****ing slinging accusations around...

No transfers this year...Get rid of anyone over 21 years of age and on more than a grand a week wages.

A brand new idea...

Play all the youngsters..including Pulis, Moly and Forecast.....

Bring back the Dutch boyzzz and their Leading Lady...

Otherwise we accept that our new signings are in the World cup or on their hols

and already in the bag..

In ML, NC and Pards we trust....Get ready to rumble soooon.

COYRs

Rumours are short on the ground at the moment, but everyone is accompanied by "Club X is also tracking" or "Club X is also interested".

Do we want to lose our targets to Club X because they were willing to fork out a few weeks earlier ?

The alternative for the club is to have people moaning that we paid over the odds for someone, that we were held to ransom. Not that I'm suggesting some people would moan whatever decision the club made, that's a preposterous idea.

I would have thought that identifying the players needed would be the relatively easy part of the operation, actually signing them when you might be dealing with a club that doesn't want to sell or a player that isn't sure about possibly dropping down a division must make it all the trickier

I'm not going to join in with the teeny boppers in slating Alpine because he makes a good point, albeit a little too premature.

In the past we have always signed players at the last minute for the simple reason that they don't need paying during the close season that way. It will be interesting to see if this traditional SFC policy changes.

Yep, and I received the same abuse all summer long before we started the 2006/2007 season with no CBs.

We haven't got NO center backs you bloody idiot. We HAVE the best center back in the devision and two other good ones. You could agrue we need another as cover but thats it....

I'm not going to join in with the teeny boppers in slating Alpine because he makes a good point, albeit a little too premature.

In the past we have always signed players at the last minute for the simple reason that they don't need paying during the close season that way. It will be interesting to see if this traditional SFC policy changes.

Do you think that was the reason, or do you think it is more players, managers, agents chairmen etc are on holiday during most of may and June, and transfer deals dont just happen as quickly and easily as they do on championship manager?

Yep, and I received the same abuse all summer long before we started the 2006/2007 season with no CBs.

But we did get Alan Bennett and we also had 15 midfielders. If we had signed some centre backs during the summer Bennet may never have played for us.

Do you think that was the reason, or do you think it is more players, managers, agents chairmen etc are on holiday during most of may and June, and transfer deals dont just happen as quickly and easily as they do on championship manager?

My original assertion was the reason. Other clubs sign players, but Saints have always made their signings in late summer to save on the wages.

Alpine obviously turned over two pages on his calendar - It's June, not July. Even if we had signed 10 new players they wouldn;t be adding anything to the squad as they would be on holiday. If, in a months time we haven't signed anyone then start to comment, but until then relax.

Having said that, I'm sure someone else will start another thread later this week with the same subject.

Bailey Rumour

Dickson Rumour

Stock and Lines Rumour

Adu Rumour

Calderon Rumour

Talking rubbish as usual.

Forget sleeping through June, you clearly sleep through our sh*t start to every season through August and September...

I'm pretty certain we haven't got rid of any players who we'd need in August.

The difference to this year compared to the other examples you've given is that we have a solid squad capable of competing in this league right now.

It's the other 23 teams who need to worry about this, we've already got the solid foundation and only need to add a few players to improve further, not to become remotely competitive, as was the case when we were defenceless under Burley and teamless last summer.

And as everyone else will and has pointed out, its barely June, everyone's on holiday and most player trading will occur after contract expiries on July 1st, and then in the loan market in September for some, once the trickledown effect from settled squads in the Prem/CCC occurs.

Looks like a lame "look at me" post, and exactly the kind of thing that gets you your reputation as a moaner and wind-up merchant.

Seems to be looking for a reaction and good at doing so.

No club splashes out yet. Why waste resources paying players wages over the summer months.

i expect there will be additions to the squad.

Exactly, and Alpine is premature with this thread, but we are usually amongst the last to sign what's left.