Harry Redknapp criticises defence after QPR lose at Swansea

St Jim

Nope, he is harping on about the position they were in before he came to the club. If they stay up he will be taking all the praise. The man is never wrong, but they are going to full through that trap door this season.

They are terrible.

Nope, he is harping on about the position they were in before he came to the club. If they stay up he will be taking all the praise. The man is never wrong, but they are going to full through that trap door this season.

They are terrible.

Yup, think he has cocked right up IMO, they are worse than I think he realised when he said yes, but then the way TF has thrown money at QPR over the whole of this season (and last) I do have to wonder what position they will be in next year in the NPC especially with the FFP looming over the hill.

This is true, quality back up there, plus Remy is now injured isnt he ?

They are screwed, they are going to need around 6-8 wins for survival IMO and thats not going to happen

their next two games....Manchester United at home...Saints away

2 of their last 3 games are against arsenal and liverpool

This is true, quality back up there, plus Remy is now injured isnt he ?

They are screwed, they are going to need around 6-8 wins for survival IMO and thats not going to happen

If Man U beat them as expected and Reading beat Wigan at the Madjeski then they come to us 10 points from safety, theyll need 10 points due to their goal difference, with 11 to play. If they don't beat us they are as good as down.

Redknapp is completely without scruples imo and I wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt bothered if QPR werere relegated and he gets sacked with the balance of his contract paid up. He must be on at least £3m pa (thats what Hughes got)and probably a three year contract - £9m for six months work - probably more attractive for a 65 year old than actually working for the money.

Redknapp is completely without scruples imo and I wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt bothered if QPR werere relegated and he gets sacked with the balance of his contract paid up. He must be on at least £3m pa (thats what Hughes got)and probably a three year contract - £9m for six months work - probably more attractive for a 65 year old than actually working for the money.

Exactly. He know's he's virtually done in football now due to his age. He'll never manage England after being over-looked last time or manage a club bigger than Spurs again. This was a win, win for him. Go down and he leaves with a big pay off, stay up and imagine he would be rewarded handsomely for doing so.

He'll walk straight back into another media job and that'll be him done.

20 points from now to the end of the season still won't be enough for them I feel...

and it would be a massive turn around for a team who have only won twice all season.

also HR has been there 2.5 months and still no change in form.

If I was a betting man I would say its a dead cert for them to go down.

To get 38 points

They need 1.75 points a game

They have man united at home next.

And then us away

If they don't win either of those and say at best for 2 draws....they will be just shy of 2 points a game required...

That is top 6 form at the very least.

Edit. 2 points a game is roughly 2nd place form at the mo.

Oh dear arry

Edited by Thedelldays

To get 38 points

They need 1.75 points a game

They have man united at home next.

And then us away

If they don't win either of those and say at best for 2 draws....they will be just shy of 2 points a game required...

That is top 6 form at the very least.

Edit. 2 points a game is roughly 2nd place form at the mo.

Oh dear arry

At least they aren't stuck with a load of average players on long contracts and massive wages.

Queens Park Rangers were "out of their minds" to break the bank to sign the defender Christopher Samba from Anzhi Makhachkala – according to the Russian club's own director.

The Anzhi director German Tkachenko, however, revealed that no one there could quite believe what QPR were willing to pay to get their man. Speaking to the Russian news site http://www.sports.ru, Tkachenko said: "At QPR he will earn almost as much as he did at Anzhi. In my view QPR have lost their minds.

"When they agreed to pay his release fee we wept. He [samba] wept. Everybody says that he ran away from the club, but that's not true. He didn't put any pressure on the club until we received an offer from QPR for £12.5m, the amount required by his contract."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/12/qpr-christopher-samba-anzhi

I saw and interview in one of the local papers out here, where he was saying that it would be a nice chance to play in a decent training ground whilst they were out here on a mid season break last week, as the facilities at QPR are terrible!!

Good to see QPR are using their millions sensibly on over rated players instead of the clubs infra structure.

Arry must feel right at home there.