Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 357

Thread: PRE-SEASON: Southampton vs Beşiktaş - (17:30 BST)

  1. #301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
    Whoa... Major, major statement... I've waited half my life to hear those words... I sure hope so Alpine... I surely do.. Case was my favourite Saint growing up.. A real enforcer and protector of the youth.. Combined with tremendous passing ability.. Cor.. I'm salivating at the thought.
    Yes he was like a rock............in that he didn't move much. The days of midfield enforcers are long over by the way. Sad but true.

  2. #302

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggles31 View Post
    The kid on the right covering his ears. LOl.
    That's my son!!! Ow and I'm sitting to his right. Next to someone who may want to remain anonymous. :-)))

  3. #303

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    My son was covering his ears because of the noise from Besiktas. Although it could well have been because of our terrible singing. Not the best photo I've ever seen of me & seeing as I was wearing sunglasses this was just before kick off.

    I know who took the photo which means I know the identity of Trousers. I shall not divulge.

  4. #304

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Warrior View Post
    The guy staring at alps looks pretty angry
    I think I was singing, but I have to agree I really don't look very happy. You have to laugh.

  5. #305

    Default

    Aside from smacking one in from 20 yards, how did Mayuka actually do?

  6. #306

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sussex/Kharkiv
    Posts
    17,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verlaine1979 View Post
    Aside from smacking one in from 20 yards, how did Mayuka actually do?
    Also had a tidy finish disallowed for a marginal offside.

  7. #307

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,741
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Charlie View Post
    Also had a tidy finish disallowed for a marginal offside.
    Which was clearly onside.

  8. #308

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Charlie View Post
    Also had a tidy finish disallowed for a marginal offside.
    Sorry I've watched the replays and it should not have been disallowed as it was Puncheon offside and not Mayuka.

  9. #309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glasgow_saint View Post
    i have backed mayuka since day one (taken some stick for it) but today's wonder goal leaves me vindicated.

    Felt like that goal was for me
    lol

  10. #310

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sitting on the bench keeping llalana company
    Posts
    6,904
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    S Clarke I know sad old git he's too young to. Be sad old git

  11. #311

    Default

    Confirmed happy clapper



    To be fair this tour seems to have been a life changing experience for Alps, I vote the team go there every year until he is fully cured.

  12. #312

    Default

    Had Alps down as the guy in the back row with the yellow t-shirt or the one a few along from his right with his hand on his chin. Andy Durman looks shocked at you smiling and clapping.

  13. #313

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ex Belgium, now IoW (I think it's still part of Europe, though!)
    Posts
    4,665

    Default

    This thread has exposed a few myths already :
    1) Alpine_saint is a real human being !
    2) He is able to smile and clap !
    3) He has actually seen saints play live !

  14. #314

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sitting on the bench keeping llalana company
    Posts
    6,904
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Euro have we got independent verification that was alps ?

  15. #315

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sussex/Kharkiv
    Posts
    17,579

    Default

    IMO Alpine and Calum Chambers have come out of the trip best. Isgrove with an honourable mention too.

  16. #316

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Driving the pace on the front.
    Posts
    14,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Warrior View Post
    Euro have we got independent verification that was alps ?
    TBF would you willingly admit to looking like that? No, nor would I, so we can be safe that it is he.

  17. #317

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sitting in shock at what has happened to our club this past 9 months
    Posts
    22,624

    Default

    Well, I think it's great that we have added a few more TSW members to the list of "Those who have been pictured on the Forum"

    Welcome to the club gang.

    (But next time get a professional like Minty to take the pics)

  18. #318

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sitting on the bench keeping llalana company
    Posts
    6,904
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Well I'm pleased that alps came the trip even if I still disagree with some of his posts . Maybe there will be a thaw between us anti alps brigade . He looks as old as me

  19. #319

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sitting in shock at what has happened to our club this past 9 months
    Posts
    22,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Warrior View Post
    Well I'm pleased that alps came the trip even if I still disagree with some of his posts . Maybe there will be a thaw between us anti alps brigade . He looks as old as me
    There'll be a thaw until England are 20-6 against the Aussies in the first Test Down Under, or the first time we go 1-0 down on a match thread



  20. #320

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    28,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by View From The Top View Post
    TBF would you willingly admit to looking like that? No, nor would I, so we can be safe that it is he.
    Come on then, show us what you look like.

    I had a great time, enjoyed the brief company of fellow Saints fans, enjoyed some time with my kids, and bellends like you try to put a downer on it.

    Get a life.

    *would appreciate someone quoting this as the numpty coward keeps claiming I am on ignore, despite the abuse he dishes out*

  21. #321

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sussex/Kharkiv
    Posts
    17,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alpine_saint View Post
    Come on then, show us what you look like.

    I had a great time, enjoyed the brief company of fellow Saints fans, enjoyed some time with my kids, and bellends like you try to put a downer on it.

    Get a life.

    *would appreciate someone quoting this as the numpty coward keeps claiming I am on ignore, despite the abuse he dishes out*
    This.

  22. #322

    Default

    I had alpine down as being much younger to be honest. Now we've seen he is capable of smiling are we all friends now?

  23. #323

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    John 3:16
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Durman View Post
    That's my son!!! Ow and I'm sitting to his right. Next to someone who may want to remain anonymous. :-)))
    You've got a touch of the George Michael's about you.

  24. #324

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by View From The Top View Post
    TBF would you willingly admit to looking like that? No, nor would I, so we can be safe that it is he.
    No need for personal abuse based on appearances. It isn't very clever.

  25. #325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alpine_saint View Post
    Come on then, show us what you look like.

    I had a great time, enjoyed the brief company of fellow Saints fans, enjoyed some time with my kids, and bellends like you try to put a downer on it.

    Get a life.

    *would appreciate someone quoting this as the numpty coward keeps claiming I am on ignore, despite the abuse he dishes out*
    +1.

  26. #326

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Driving the pace on the front.
    Posts
    14,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    No need for personal abuse based on appearances. It isn't very clever.
    The c**t get everything he deserves as far as I'm concerned & if the delicate flowers don't like it then I really don't give a sh.it.

  27. #327

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    2,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by View From The Top View Post
    The c**t get everything he deserves as far as I'm concerned & if the delicate flowers don't like it then I really don't give a sh.it.
    Infraction heading your way perhaps?

    Have to say I take the p*ss out of Alpine a fair bit myself but this comment of yours is just plain nasty. But then again, you don't give a sh*t do you?

  28. #328

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Derby, Liverpool
    Posts
    14,279
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I've met VFTT in real life in a Blackpool chippy.

    He is not exactly trading on the looks of a Greek god. In fact, I reckon I'm prettier than him.

  29. #329

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southsea
    Posts
    2,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChudSaint View Post
    Cheers.

    Brilliant save from Brouc early on, loved how he was already getting angry with the defenders as he hit the ground.

  30. #330

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_phil View Post
    Well, I think it's great that we have added a few more TSW members to the list of "Those who have been pictured on the Forum"

    Welcome to the club gang.

    (But next time get a professional like Minty to take the pics)
    Phil I've got news for you the person who took the picture takes pictures for a living

  31. #331

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    News for a few people but when you actually sit down and talk Saints with Alpine he make a lot sense and we agreed on many things. I would like to think that my positivity may have rub off on him, but looking at that photo maybe I came over as a miserable git.

  32. #332

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Special mention to the couple who have their hands highest and are leading the singing (on the same row as Alp's and I) they travel to every home game from Cornwall. These are die hard Saints fans. Fabulous down to earth people and represent what Saints are all about. I take my hat off to you both.

  33. #333

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Picture was taken when the players were coming out.

  34. #334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    I've met VFTT in real life in a Blackpool chippy.

    He is not exactly trading on the looks of a Greek god. In fact, I reckon I'm prettier than him.
    This can't be true.... unless he was the best dressed man in the chip shop?

  35. #335

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Derby, Liverpool
    Posts
    14,279
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo-Saint View Post
    This can't be true.... unless he was the best dressed man in the chip shop?
    I'm not really one for fashion Tokes, but I reckon my mate was better turned out. I remain as always a walking shambles.

  36. #336

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    hiding in shadows where I don't belong
    Posts
    31,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo-Saint View Post
    This can't be true.... unless he was the best dressed man in the chip shop?
    Nah that was Jilted John

  37. #337

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,871
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Durman View Post
    Special mention to the couple who have their hands highest and are leading the singing (on the same row as Alp's and I) they travel to every home game from Cornwall. These are die hard Saints fans. Fabulous down to earth people and represent what Saints are all about. I take my hat off to you both.
    Is may be just me, but every time I see that picture of Alps I see a passing resemblance to Saint Markus.

  38. #338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    I'm not really one for fashion Tokes, but I reckon my mate was better turned out. I remain as always a walking shambles.
    I imagine Turks wa outside of the chip shop heckling you both while himself eating a salad sandwich on rye and doing sit ups?

  39. #339

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Derby, Liverpool
    Posts
    14,279
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo-Saint View Post
    I imagine Turks wa outside of the chip shop heckling you both while himself eating a salad sandwich on rye and doing sit ups?
    I have not met Turks in real life yet, so wouldn't really know. He may have been there, doing everything you suggest.

    However, my priorities at the time were getting chips and finding a bog.

  40. #340

    Default

    Why do you eat your chips in the bog? Very strange bahaviour pap!

  41. #341

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo-Saint View Post
    Why do you eat your chips in the bog? Very strange bahaviour pap!
    Autocorrect from boy....

    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Board Express

  42. #342

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Derby, Liverpool
    Posts
    14,279
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo-Saint View Post
    Why do you eat your chips in the bog? Very strange bahaviour pap!
    I didn't. Was busting for a pee and didn't want to urinate on the streets of Blackpool.

    However, if I'd known the result up-front, might have been more feral.

  43. #343

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    hiding in shadows where I don't belong
    Posts
    31,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    I didn't. Was busting for a pee and didn't want to urinate on the streets of Blackpool.

    However, if I'd known the result up-front, might have been more feral.
    why ever not, if you were a handsome cabby it would be quite legal provided you had one hand on the carriage at all times.

  44. #344

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Derby, Liverpool
    Posts
    14,279
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Window Cleaner View Post
    why ever not, if you were a handsome cabby it would be quite legal provided you had one hand on the carriage at all times.
    I know, I know.

    All I can say is that it'll be one of my lifelong regrets

  45. #345

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    alpine, you look a bit like markus
    Enough that I now like him. I'd pictured a far angrier face. With angry hair.

  46. #346

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Derby, Liverpool
    Posts
    14,279
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Enough that I now like him. I'd pictured a far angrier face. With angry hair.
    Alps looks like most blokes his age.

    Nowt to be ashamed of. I look forward to all the "beauty shots" of the rest of the f**king models we seem to have on here ( judging by their posts ).

  47. #347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Is may be just me, but every time I see that picture of Alps I see a passing resemblance to Saint Markus.
    Just less yellow.

  48. #348

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Alps looks like most blokes his age.

    Nowt to be ashamed of. I look forward to all the "beauty shots" of the rest of the f**king models we seem to have on here ( judging by their posts ).
    He's 28.

  49. #349

    Default

    No "Just back from the game thread" ?! Glad I was out of shot to the far right where some of the London Saints were also sitting. I thought Saints were the better side for most of the game but lacked a cutting edge until Rickie and Mayuka came on. I was also pleased they did not really treat it as a friendly and a credit to both teams for a high tempo match when it was so hot. The security after the game was poor. I could easily have kicked Slaven Bilic up the ar$e when he was posing for photos at the end. Another highlight was getting a "Gracias" from the Saints coach when fielding a ball which Gazza missed during his..... err..... warm up/down at the end. I did think about explaining I play in goal for a 6 a side team in the Brixton Top Corner Championship but decided against it and, being 52, I think my chances of a call up are now slim.

  50. #350

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ex Belgium, now IoW (I think it's still part of Europe, though!)
    Posts
    4,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Durman View Post
    News for a few people but when you actually sit down and talk Saints with Alpine he make a lot sense and we agreed on many things. I would like to think that my positivity may have rub off on him, but looking at that photo maybe I came over as a miserable git.
    No surprise for me, face to face you will normally find common ground, body language plays a huge part in conversation as opposed to web forums where context is easily lost and opinions become quickly entrenched making confrontation almost inevitable !
    Personally I think that Alps has conducted himself well during this period (with Saints on his doorstep!) and good on him for that !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •