Lallana Comments to Forster

Saxon

These are comments from Forster about his move to Southampton which were on the Sky Sport website:

Southampton goalkeeper Fraser Forster believes that he made the right decision in joining the club in the summer.

The 26-year-old moved to the Premier League side from Scottish giants Celtic in August for a reported transfer fee of £10million.

Forster is rated as one of the best goalkeepers in British football, and he is keen to play well for the Saints to secure a regular place in the England team.

"For me it's important to come down and play Premier League football,” he said. “Just to come and do as well as I can for Southampton, first and foremost.

"I felt it was the right time and it was a fantastic opportunity and one that I could never have turned down. It's a fantastic club to play for, and everyone said that.

"I spoke to Adam Lallana quite a lot in the summer and as soon as the opportunity arose he was very complimentary about the club and said I'd love it.

"I'm delighted that was the choice I made. It's important that I play well week by week and see where it takes me."

Just interesting. Also the line "everyone said that [it's a fantastic club to play for]". Good to hear that we're held in good stead with players in general. The comment from Lallana is nice, regardless of how he left and what his thoughts were in his interview with LFC (I wonder if part of that was him being overexcited to talk about his move there and also about him being too thick to realise what a stupid comment it was (the one about dreaming of playing there)). Also, doubt we'd be so recommended if we didn't pick up phone-calls :lol: so not sure how this fits in with the story they spun about that, though this could have been before. Also, an example of tapping up by us?? :p

But regarding Lallana, the chanting to Tadic I think is a bit tiresome now. Yeah it was quite funny the first time at Liverpool, but at EVERY other game since?? It was often enough at the Arsenal game. I doubt the players in the squad like it that much, as half of them will still be friends with Adam, and the other half (inc Tadic) won't give a monkeys as they weren't here. Plus, i would be better to have a chant praising Tadic's skills that doesn't include references to ex-players that left on bad terms as it will just make us look petty all season. I agree with people who said just ignore them. They're gone, can we just move on and focus on our team. The performances and results we put on the board will do more to make them regret leaving and their decision than fans booing ever could. Lets just leave this one for the Liverpool game. Just my two cents.

Also, booing Chambers??? What was that about? We didn't boo Ox, we applauded, did Chambers leave in a different way? I guess all the moves away this summer have been mixed up together and all soured because of the general situation. But I didn't understand the Chambers booing personally. And a lot of fans were looking round like "wait, we hate Chambers now? Is that a thing, I didn't know that was a thing" :lol:

These are comments from Forster about his move to Southampton which were on the Sky Sport website:

Southampton goalkeeper Fraser Forster believes that he made the right decision in joining the club in the summer.

The 26-year-old moved to the Premier League side from Scottish giants Celtic in August for a reported transfer fee of £10million.

Forster is rated as one of the best goalkeepers in British football, and he is keen to play well for the Saints to secure a regular place in the England team.

"For me it's important to come down and play Premier League football,” he said. “Just to come and do as well as I can for Southampton, first and foremost.

"I felt it was the right time and it was a fantastic opportunity and one that I could never have turned down. It's a fantastic club to play for, and everyone said that.

"I spoke to Adam Lallana quite a lot in the summer and as soon as the opportunity arose he was very complimentary about the club and said I'd love it.

"I'm delighted that was the choice I made. It's important that I play well week by week and see where it takes me."

Just interesting. Also the line "everyone said that [it's a fantastic club to play for]". Good to hear that we're held in good stead with players in general. The comment from Lallana is nice, regardless of how he left and what his thoughts were in his interview with LFC (I wonder if part of that was him being overexcited to talk about his move there and also about him being too thick to realise what a stupid comment it was (the one about dreaming of playing there)). Also, doubt we'd be so recommended if we didn't pick up phone-calls :lol: so not sure how this fits in with the story they spun about that, though this could have been before. Also, an example of tapping up by us?? :p

But regarding Lallana, the chanting to Tadic I think is a bit tiresome now. Yeah it was quite funny the first time at Liverpool, but at EVERY other game since?? It was often enough at the Arsenal game. I doubt the players in the squad like it that much, as half of them will still be friends with Adam, and the other half (inc Tadic) won't give a monkeys as they weren't here. Plus, i would be better to have a chant praising Tadic's skills that doesn't include references to ex-players that left on bad terms as it will just make us look petty all season. I agree with people who said just ignore them. They're gone, can we just move on and focus on our team. The performances and results we put on the board will do more to make them regret leaving and their decision than fans booing ever could. Lets just leave this one for the Liverpool game. Just my two cents.

Also, booing Chambers??? What was that about? We didn't boo Ox, we applauded, did Chambers leave in a different way? I guess all the moves away this summer have been mixed up together and all soured because of the general situation. But I didn't understand the Chambers booing personally. And a lot of fans were looking round like "wait, we hate Chambers now? Is that a thing, I didn't know that was a thing" :lol:

2 years down the line in the England set up "Fraze my lad, Liverpool are a cracking team, biggest in the world. Stop wasting your time at poxy little Southampton."

Edited by farawaysaint

2 years down the line in the England set up "Fraze my lad, Liverpool are a cracking team biggest in the world, stop wasting your time at poxy little Southampton."

2 years down the line... he's getting call-ups from his loan move to Sunderland? How bad is our situation in the England squad exactly?? :p

But regarding Lallana, the chanting to Tadic I think is a bit tiresome now. Yeah it was quite funny the first time at Liverpool, but at EVERY other game since?? It was often enough at the Arsenal game. I doubt the players in the squad like it that much, as half of them will still be friends with Adam, and the other half (inc Tadic) won't give a monkeys as they weren't here. Plus, i would be better to have a chant praising Tadic's skills that doesn't include references to ex-players that left on bad terms as it will just make us look petty all season.

This. Said something along these lines in pre-season. It seems like the equivalent of having a new girlfriend who does not praise you for what you can do, but rather how you can do it compared to her ex who she evidently still hasn't got over.

Perhaps Dusan Tadic will tire of the neurotic girlfriend that is Southampton supporters and break up. His replacement will come along, and the first thing we say to him is 'He plays on the left, he plays on the right, *insert name here*, makes Tadic look ****e'.

For the record, that last part was in jest. I do not expect Tadic to leave because he doesn't like a chant. Regardless, let's not be that crazy girlfriend anymore.. please...

One of the worst things about that chant (and there's plenty of them) is seeing grown men (and women) wave their arms from side to side.

As I get older I find myself only getting stirred sufficiently to blast out OWTSGMI.

After the antics of the summer I feel less inclined to chant the names of players, many of whom would jump ship in a heartbeat.

I enjoy them while they are here.. but OWTSGMI is practically the only thing I will sing any more.

File me under 'boring old c**t' I suppose.

It's complete bull s h i t written by Simon Peach in order to try and rehabilitate his mate Lallana with Saints supporters. He's been doing the same in the press with Pochettino having him say nice things about Saints. It's obvious that we supporters have succeeded in niggling these Judas's and arousing the guilt in their betrayal.

It's complete bull s h i t written by Simon Peach in order to try and rehabilitate his mate Lallana with Saints supporters. He's been doing the same in the press with Pochettino having him say nice things about Saints. It's obvious that we supporters have succeeded in niggling these Judas's and arousing the guilt in their betrayal.

A tad harsh I feel ART. Peach has always been pretty objective regarding everything that has happened IMO.

You're close here, Art, I feel. None of the runners thought that the backlash would be as intense, or that they'd struggle, or that saints would start the season so strongly. The charm offensive from the splitters starts here...

I am a supporter of the ART :)

Too much analysis and spin of the AL situation and the singing in my opinion. He left and didn't cover himself in glory. Fort all terrace singing is part of the game accept it and enjoy it...

What, so Peach made up a quote from Forster?
I'm saying Peach would have used the occasion of the Forster interview to help out his mate Lallana. I like Peach's writing and tweets very much but of late he's definitely promoting the Lallana/Pochettino case. Both know, as does Lovren, that they are now greatly hated by the majority of Saints supporters. Why should we be kind, understanding and accept their very selfish and backstabbing behavior. Had we not now be doing so well they'd be sticking the knife in even deeper.

Like rats they left a sinking ship. Of a supposed sinking ship based on lies fed to them by mischievous 3rd parties, hell bent on furthering their own agendas.

I'm saying Peach would have used the occasion of the Forster interview to help out his mate Lallana. I like Peach's writing and tweets very much but of late he's definitely promoting the Lallana/Pochettino case. Both know, as does Lovren, that they are now greatly hated by the majority of Saints supporters. Why should we be kind, understanding and accept their very selfish and backstabbing behavior. Had we not now be doing so well they'd be sticking the knife in even deeper.

Like rats they left a sinking ship. Of a supposed sinking ship based on lies fed to them by mischievous 3rd parties, hell bent on furthering their own agendas.

What complete nonsense.. you can hate all you want... but please don't think its the majority of supporters.

Spot On

No it really isn't..

I would say it is. Lallana the worst of the lot to me, was supposed to be our Captain and our leader. Instead he was "dreaming about playing for Liverpool" whilst still with us. He could have stood up, said he was staying and wanted the squad to kick on this season. He did the opposite, weaselled his way out threatening to go on strike and taking out a frankly offensive ad' in the Echo to attempt to make up for it. He could have had a lifetime of being a hero down here, with our rise from League 1 and his part of that coupled with being a local lad and Academy graduate it wouldn't be a stretch to say he could have retired with Le Tissier levels of admirations (and more than enough cash in the bank to live a very comfortable life), but he threw it all away. Wrongun.

Havn't met a Saints fan in real life with anything good to say about the *****.

No it really isn't..

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm not happy with Lallana.

Captain and arguably undermined the club at its greatest moment of recent triumph. When we're saying "look at us, we're sending 3 of our lot to the WC", he was signing LFC shirts in Miami and essentially saying "Southampton FC are a load of old shít where I won't reach my ambitions".

I'm sure his advice to Forster was just garnish.

It could be argued that Saints fans bigged Lallana up so much with the Messi chant that he believed he was too good for Saints. So it's our own fault for idolising him in the first place.

I do agree that the 'Tadic makes Lallana look sh**e' is getting boring now (it might have been me that first suggested it)

Time for a new one for Dusan.

It could be argued that Saints fans bigged Lallana up so much with the Messi chant that he believed he was too good for Saints. So it's our own fault for idolising him in the first place.

I do agree that the 'Tadic makes Lallana look sh**e' is getting boring now (it might have been me that first suggested it)

Time for a new one for Dusan.

I've never really taken to the Tadic makes lallana look **** chant, it's just, well, ****!

The ''dusan, tadic'' chant is immense, I think. It was epic hearing that on the way out of emirates and the surrounding area's.

To clarify, I'm not saying I'm happy with Lallana or that he conducted himself well. I just thought the comment was interesting, more the one about the fact we seem to be highly regarded as a place to play. I definitely didn't start the thread to say I think we should all forgive him.

My comments about the chant are separate I just put them in the same thread as I forgot to in the Arsenal thread and they have relevance here. I think Lallana has been a knob about his move. But I think the chant is really lame used out of context and I don't think its massively loved by the team either. Never looks like it. Use it at Liverpool, it makes sense and was funny there, but dragging our dirty laundry to every game is a bit sad. Why can't we focus on the game at hand?? I think a lot of people would rather just leave it. I bet the players would rather we just left it too. He played for us, was a knob about his move and betrayal, now we have replacements and we're doing fine without him thanks. And I for one would rather rate Tadic on his merits alone, of which there are plenty, rather than comparing hm to an ex-player.

No it really isn't..

Tbh I have got over it. Laugh at him failing but think hate is disproportionate to his crime. Compared with the Morgan love-in when he could have gone exactly same way and now people saying class and legend.

Fickle bunch and I wouldn't have faith in any of them.

Bet you said the same about the board quotes in the summer. Regardless of any evidence will just dismiss cos not in line with what you believe.

My comments about the chant are separate I just put them in the same thread as I forgot to in the Arsenal thread and they have relevance here. I think Lallana has been a knob about his move. But I think the chant is really lame used out of context and I don't think its massively loved by the team either. Never looks like it. Use it at Liverpool, it makes sense and was funny there, but dragging our dirty laundry to every game is a bit sad. Why can't we focus on the game at hand?? I think a lot of people would rather just leave it. I bet the players would rather we just left it too. He played for us, was a knob about his move and betrayal, now we have replacements and we're doing fine without him thanks. And I for one would rather rate Tadic on his merits alone, of which there are plenty, rather than comparing hm to an ex-player.

I think you're right about the chant, especially as in the original, everyone actually knew that Messi was a better player. At least I hope they did.

I know we mean it differently now, but it still does a bit of disrespect to Tadic and if it continues, a bit collectively stalker-ish (as externally perceived).

Tbh I have got over it. Laugh at him failing but think hate is disproportionate to his crime. Compared with the Morgan love-in when he could have gone exactly same way and now people saying class and legend.

Fickle bunch and I wouldn't have faith in any of them.

Finally!!! Some sense.

I can't imagine that Lallana or poch give two figs what saints fans think of them now even less that they could be bothered to start some sort of PR exercise to get us back on side. They have new fans to be adored/hated by now.

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm not happy with Lallana.

Captain and arguably undermined the club at its greatest moment of recent triumph. When we're saying "look at us, we're sending 3 of our lot to the WC", he was signing LFC shirts in Miami and essentially saying "Southampton FC are a load of old shít where I won't reach my ambitions".

I'm sure his advice to Forster was just garnish.

As we discussed the other night, Lallana can go **** himself.

I would say it is. Lallana the worst of the lot to me, was supposed to be our Captain and our leader. Instead he was "dreaming about playing for Liverpool" whilst still with us. He could have stood up, said he was staying and wanted the squad to kick on this season. He did the opposite, weaselled his way out threatening to go on strike and taking out a frankly offensive ad' in the Echo to attempt to make up for it. He could have had a lifetime of being a hero down here, with our rise from League 1 and his part of that coupled with being a local lad and Academy graduate it wouldn't be a stretch to say he could have retired with Le Tissier levels of admirations (and more than enough cash in the bank to live a very comfortable life), but he threw it all away. Wrongun.

Havn't met a Saints fan in real life with anything good to say about the *****.

Remind me again, what was so offensive about an ad that thanks us for our endless support?

No it really isn't..

Yes it is, you are the only supporter i can even list that doesn't have a disklike of Lallana or Lovren and the way they conducted themselves this summer.

The 5000 who went to arsenal gave chambers both barrells as well... and he is perhaps the most innocent bar Lambert.

The simple truth is, chambers, shaw, lallana and lovren all sorted themselves out with nice moves around January/February time and gave the club no/little choice over the issue.

I felt chambers getting booed was a tad harsh, but then I am reminded that he just jumped ship to take a shortcut at the very first opportunity. No real fell well and only a very token thanks to saints. These players deserve whatever they get from the fans.

Lambert is the only one. He conducted himself with utmost respect for our fans, refusing to comment to the press until it was done and he had had his say. Only Lambert would be truly welcomed back. And sadly, Lambert is the one who will suffer the most from his move and will wish he had stayed, as it is, he will waste the twilight years of his career under appreciated in Liverpool when he would have been loved for all his days at Saints. Sad.

Compare that to Lallana, he was loved and had it all here (except a big pay cheque), he didn't move for love (unless he is colour blind and thought anfield was goodison?!?!) And Lovren, well, after all his guff about loving the club and the fans and being grateful for being given a new chance... he is the worst one by far!

Remind me again, what was so offensive about an ad that thanks us for our endless support?

Faraway Saint summed it up perfectly...

It was classic narcissism. Big image of him, not him and the fans, with 2 brief sentences (not even paragraphs) that looked like they had been written as an after-though via a text message on the way to the Airport. He could have fitted it into a tweet ffs. Compare that to Rickie's open letter and that poxy £500 ad' was offensive.

He could have phoned the Echo and done an interview, nah, he wanted it to all be about him and not leave even a small possibility he'd have to answer a difficult question or 2.

The worst of the lot, threw a lifetime of admiration away in 1 summer. He doesn't give a **** though, as I say, he's a narcissist, lives in a dream world.

Faraway Saint summed it up perfectly...

It was classic narcissism. Big image of him, not him and the fans, with 2 brief sentences (not even paragraphs) that looked like they had been written as an after-though via a text message on the way to the Airport. He could have fitted it into a tweet ffs. Compare that to Rickie's open letter and that poxy £500 ad' was offensive.

He could have phoned the Echo and done an interview, nah, he wanted it to all be about him and not leave even a small possibility he'd have to answer a difficult question or 2.

The worst of the lot, threw a lifetime of admiration away in 1 summer. He doesn't give a **** though, as I say, he's a narcissist, lives in a dream world.

Add 'thick as ****' to his list of characteristics too.

Yes it is, you are the only supporter i can even list that doesn't have a dislike of Lallana or Lovren and the way they conducted themselves this summer.

The 5000 who went to arsenal gave chambers both barrells as well... and he is perhaps the most innocent bar Lambert.

The simple truth is, chambers, shaw, lallana and lovren all sorted themselves out with nice moves around January/February time and gave the club no/little choice over the issue.

I felt chambers getting booed was a tad harsh, but then I am reminded that he just jumped ship to take a shortcut at the very first opportunity. No real fell well and only a very token thanks to saints. These players deserve whatever they get from the fans.

Lambert is the only one. He conducted himself with utmost respect for our fans, refusing to comment to the press until it was done and he had had his say. Only Lambert would be truly welcomed back. And sadly, Lambert is the one who will suffer the most from his move and will wish he had stayed, as it is, he will waste the twilight years of his career under appreciated in Liverpool when he would have been loved for all his days at Saints. Sad.

Compare that to Lallana, he was loved and had it all here (except a big pay cheque), he didn't move for love (unless he is colour blind and thought anfield was goodison?!?!) And Lovren, well, after all his guff about loving the club and the fans and being grateful for being given a new chance... he is the worst one by far!

Excellent post and sums up my feelings exactly.