Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2711

Thread: The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    Massive demand for this game, it being the first, quite close and a great destination, but I wondered if those going intend to go to all and every away Europa league game? I miss this away game sadly, but fancy one in a later round assuming we get through.
    A few of us were saving up for France 2016 but as soon as we looked likely to get into europe decided to use the money for that, so yeah we'll be doing every away until we're knocked out or run out of money.

Massive demand for this game, it being the first, quite close and a great destination, but I wondered if those going intend to go to all and every away Europa league game? I miss this away game sadly, but fancy one in a later round assuming we get through.
    I'll be doing every one i can afford without ****ing the missus off so much she kicks me out

I can confirm kick off for the away leg is 8pm local time.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffaSaint View Post
    I can speak africaans which is close enough to dutch to be understood if anyone wants to shout me the flight from cape town.... No Ok then
    Shame you can't spell it eh, boet?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Personally I fancy a trip to pahars old team skonto Riga
    Don't know how to break this to you but they lost 9-2 to Debrecen today, no Latvian trip this season.

Birkirkara of Malta have taken the lead against West Ham! The tie is now level on aggregate at 1-1

Wham down to 10

8. Default

Is it just me that finds the title of this thread REALLY ANNOYING?

Blog Entries

Inver Caly Thistle out

Blog Entries

A very successful tour of Holland, P3 W3 F16 A0. Seem to have been made very welcome by all of the hosts and fans. What a bonus to have been able to see all the matches on line!!

Sounded like the Saints Fans were really enjoying themselves tonight.

Here's hoping our next visit back in Holland is as enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by northam soul View Post
    Kin glory hunters, don't remember this much trouble getting tickets for Brentford away.
    Thanks for your support. I turned up timeless for that game and got in. I'll be doing the same in Arnhem. Where there's a will there's a way.

Possibly ticketless too.

I can't make it either, but would hope to go to at least one of the future rounds unless it's somewhere like Almaty or Ulan Bator or similar.. If we do get through it'll then be toss up as to whether I stick or bust, depending on who and where. I've got to make limited funds count, but how is another matter.

Blog Entries

Forza Birkirkara!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Armstrong View Post
    lets see how we get on before we laugh

I hate to say it but I think Adriane will have the edge here

cracking penalty 1-1

bugger .... blasted a mile over

west ham win 5-3 on pens

All over. West Ham win 5-3 on penalties

Blog Entries

Bugger, Birkirkara did Malta proud.

Here is the new (now complete) draw for R3.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague...d=2267334.html

UEFA website has the kick off time for the home leg being at 8.05pm UK time

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague...=-4/index.html

Haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else yet though, so don't know how accurate that is, especially as they think we play at the Friends Provident St. Mary stadium

We gunna have a Vitesse build up thread or keep it on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggles31 View Post
    We gunna have a Vitesse build up thread or keep it on this one?
    Separate thread hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    UEFA website has the kick off time for the home leg being at 8.05pm UK time

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague...=-4/index.html

Haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else yet though, so don't know how accurate that is, especially as they think we play at the Friends Provident St. Mary stadium
    It's live on BT Sports at 7.45 with an 8.05 kick off. Although according to them its the 2nd qualifying round!

Blog Entries

Has anyone had their home end tickets refunded yet or heard anymore from Vitesse?

Blog Entries

Default The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread: TEN AWAYS NEEDED FOR VITESSE

Last edited by shirleysfc; 24-07-2015 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by shirleysfc View Post
    Has anyone had their home end tickets refunded yet or heard anymore from Vitesse?
    No refund or tickets yet

Same here

Is it not Monday that the Police are meeting over there? I can see them deciding that as there are x amount of us going with tickets ordered in 122/120 etc it is better to get us in the ground and segregate us there than have us all milling around. Suppose it depends how many have been ordered in the home end.

they might be able to get an indication, but there are various ways of obtaining tickets for the home end, so they will never be able to quantify

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Coat View Post
    they might be able to get an indication, but there are various ways of obtaining tickets for the home end, so they will never be able to quantify
    This.

I would have expected them to start emailing people with refund messages by now. Weren't the first home end purchases made last week? Unless they're just planning to pocket the money...

probably wont let you in.
    if you do get in, the police may just start whacking you with sticks when you start cheering.

then the fans will probably want to give you a slap in/outside the ground

Translated on a Vitesse forum...

Ticket is inside, in the accompanying letter states that the following pubs recommended by the local police of the supporters: -Yates -The Spitfire -Frog and Parrot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    probably wont let you in.
    if you do get in, the police may just start whacking you with sticks when you start cheering.

then the fans will probably want to give you a slap in/outside the ground
    You're a bit bitter about not getting a ticket aren't you?

You're a bit bitter about not getting a ticket aren't you?
    not even tried. no way would I even entertain getting the time off work

but european away game, english fans, many would have been on the pop all day.
    be luckily not to kick off in some small form

lol nothing will kick off.

Sitting in shock at what has happened to our club this past 9 months

Yeah just like it did in Bucharest

The only Saints fans likely to get a slap are ones behaving like idiots and are most likely to get a slap from their own for being d1cks and threatening everyone's chances of getting in the ground and enjoying the game & experience

Quote Originally Posted by mehball View Post
    lol nothing will kick off.
    probably right. Just depends on how they take a good amount of 'away' fans in their end.
    I guess it would be all hunky dory if 400 Vitesse fans were sat in block 43/44 at SMS, giving it all the songs and the big one........

Blog Entries

probably right. Just depends on how they take a good amount of 'away' fans in their end.
    I guess it would be all hunky dory if 400 Vitesse fans were sat in block 43/44 at SMS, giving it all the songs and the big one........
    Who's said anything about giving it "the big one" in the home end? Every comment I've seen has been about people keeping heads down and being respectful.

I actually think if 400 vitesse fans were in 43/44 it would be fine. It's a Europe league match and all fans are just going to have fun. It's not Saints v Pompey.

Who's said anything about giving it "the big one" in the home end? Every comment I've seen has been about people keeping heads down and being respectful.
    saints score to go 1-0. many would have been on the pop all day, sat in decent numbers together.
    it will only be natural to shout and cheer.

I'm hoping there's a large supply of plastic furniture easily available to be thrown around in Arnhem Square.

Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    I think if anyone does have to collect don't turn up steaming and do it with a smile (cheesy grin if you must) and 'Dank U wel' [corrections welcomed!].
    I spent a lot of time working in the Netherlands in the mid-90s, but only learnt two Dutch phrases as their English is embarassingly perfect:

Thank You = Danke Val (phonetic spelling)
    Please = Ass Du Bleef (ditto)

I also managed to offend a Dutchwoman when buying a train ticket at Schiphol by asking if she spoke English - "Of course" she replied - a phrase you will hear the Dutch say a lot.

47. Default

No-one has said anything about saints fans singing and giving it the big one. We all know we're going to have to bite our tongues and sit on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by stockportsaint View Post
    I also managed to offend a Dutchwoman when buying a train ticket at Schiphol by asking if she spoke English - "Of course" she replied - a phrase you will hear the Dutch say a lot.
    True, because we are forced to learn it at school since we are a small nation haha. When you are about 9 years old you start with the basics. For instance, I've had 2 years of English classes at primary school, then 6 years at high school (12-18 y.o.). Then you encounter these classes at university again and so on. To a lesser extent you are subjected to (in this order of occurrence) German, French, Spanish, Arabic and Russian classes. Oh, and besides movies for kids we don't dub anything, just subtitles. Also, kids play a lot of videogames with English content. I could already speak decent English before my first English classes lol. Must say it is rather shocking compared to e.g. France, where most people are either s h i t e at speaking English or just refuse to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint031 View Post
    True, because we are forced to learn it at school since we are a small nation haha. When you are about 9 years old you start with the basics. For instance, I've had 2 years of English classes at primary school, then 6 years at high school (12-18 y.o.). Then you encounter these classes at university again and so on. To a lesser extent you are subjected to (in this order of occurrence) German, French, Spanish, Arabic and Russian classes. Oh, and besides movies for kids we don't dub anything, just subtitles. Also, kids play a lot of videogames with English content. I could already speak decent English before my first English classes lol. Must say it is rather shocking compared to e.g. France, where most people are either s h i t e at speaking English or just refuse to do so.
    I think the French generally choose not to, but we're in no position to complain about that over here, when the general English tactic of communicating in a foreign country is to try playing a game of charades while talking slowly and gradually getting louder and louder

Still concerned that, despite us having 7 aways, we won't get a ticket...