The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

VITESSE ARNHAM V SOUTHAMPTON

We are delighted to be able to offer the following hospitality option for Southampton’s match against Vitesse Arnham at the GelreDome, Arnham on Thursday 6th August 2015.

Package Includes

Executive seats, access to VIP Bar Facility, Complimentary bar 2 hours before kick-off, half time and 1.5 hours after the full time whistle.

Cost £175 pp + vat

To book your places today please contact Georgina on 07572 842 547 or email georgina@galahospitality.co.uk

Its a bloody joke that the official travel packages include a match ticket, basically means the only way of getting a ticket in the away end now is booking through them for an overpriced trip, and in theory if those don't sell out there will be empty seats in the away end while other fans are scattered around the home areas.

Looking on TMG website travel packages are still available with match ticket.

Its a bloody joke that the official travel packages include a match ticket, basically means the only way of getting a ticket in the away end now is booking through them for an overpriced trip, and in theory if those don't sell out there will be empty seats in the away end while other fans are scattered around the home areas.

You still have to have done the correct amount of away games. It said before purchasing they would need your customer number.

Yep, disgrace from the club. "Sorry, we're now sold out. Oh, but if you pay £300+ you can have a ticket of course".

Yep, disgrace from the club. "Sorry, we're now sold out. Oh, but if you pay £300+ you can have a ticket of course".

I really feel we are starting to see the club take the michael a bit with fans regarding tickets this season.

I really feel we are starting to see the club take the michael a bit with fans regarding tickets this season.

The club are taking the **** with this subsidised travel that they're not making any money on? Yeah, ok.

Didn't the b*stards reduce some season ticket prices as well?

The club are taking the **** with this subsidised travel that they're not making any money on? Yeah, ok.

They are taking the p**s if they're telling loyal season ticket holder fans they can't get a ticket for Vitesse away unless they spend £300 on a day trip.

Also must be costing them a fair amount to give everyone free programmes tomorrow, utter b*stards, they really are taking the p*ss

they reduced some prices and put others up

the £25 membership card that was not really needed has come in, throw in booking fees people are paying on top of that

£300 for travel and a ticket (by coach)....come on

the £25 membership card that was not really needed has come in, throw in booking fees people are paying on top of that

It's the club holding a gun at people's head to force them to part with their money that is the most disappointing aspect of all this. I much preferred the days where people could decide what to spend their money on.... :)

It's the club holding a gun at people's head to force them to part with their money that is the most disappointing aspect of all this. I much preferred the days where people could decide what to spend their money on.... :)

You think their policy on travel/tickets is fair?

Got on website, wouldn't come up as an option. Only displayed Newcastle away. Phoned up, straight through. Ticket purchased, but could only get 1 as my mates didn't quite have 7 aways. For that reason I will probably just go in the home end so I can sit with mates. I have a feeling there will be plenty of seats in the large stand so we can probably all sit together anyway. No drama

Probably didn't come up as you weren't logged in. I had that yesterday, only shows Newcastle, when you log in showed Vitesse.

I know 4 people (in 3 different groups of friends) who queued from about 6am, at least one of them got a ticket online whilst stood in the queue - and he was only about 9th in the queue!

Have to say I was expecting a lot more traffic online and much longer waiting, but I guess when you're only offering tickets for people between 7-9 aways that narrows the field down significantly to begin with.

VITESSE ARNHAM V SOUTHAMPTON

We are delighted to be able to offer the following hospitality option for Southampton’s match against Vitesse Arnham at the GelreDome, Arnham on Thursday 6th August 2015.

Package Includes

Executive seats, access to VIP Bar Facility, Complimentary bar 2 hours before kick-off, half time and 1.5 hours after the full time whistle.

Cost £175 pp + vat

To book your places today please contact Georgina on 07572 842 547 or email georgina@galahospitality.co.uk

Of course if they're taking you to Arnham not Arnhem that might be a bit of a problem. :facepalm:

You think their policy on travel/tickets is fair?

To be honest, I've never really given it too much thought. That said, its never leapt out at me as being "unfair" per se. I'm probably not the best person to ask as I rarely get to go to away games and pick-and-mix a max of c.10 home games per season. I've never had any problems or issues but maybe that's because I'm not as regular a user of said system as others.

They didn't put any prices up at all, just reduced some in the wings.

They have offered a pay-for-priority service for home tickets, and a pay-for-priority and travel service for the Vitesse trip. I'm fine with that, as long as the right people (those travelling to lots of aways in the case of Arnhem) get the opportunity to buy reasonably priced tickets.

This morning's queue also offered people the chance to get tickets - the only remaining question is whether 7 aways is much too high an increment, and where do you draw the line if not - people who don't have those can still get them via travel club, just at a premium.

They didn't put any prices up at all, just reduced some in the wings.

They have offered a pay-for-priority service for home tickets, and a pay-for-priority and travel service for the Vitesse trip. I'm fine with that, as long as the right people (those travelling to lots of aways in the case of Arnhem) get the opportunity to buy reasonably priced tickets.

This morning's queue also offered people the chance to get tickets - the only remaining question is whether 7 aways is much too high an increment, and where do you draw the line if not - people who don't have those can still get them via travel club, just at a premium.

a few people posted on here that their previous discounts wit their kids is no more

Thank you all for the ideas! Our supporters club organized a bus tour to southampton. So we'll be in southampton at 10am with about 8/10 busses. The rest of the supporters are going on their own occasion.

Football is all about drinking beer, yelling at some people, call the reff a sweet name and then gome home after a humiliating defeat. So yeah, well probably try to find as many pubs as we can :D

@Golden Balls

You're local police gave us 3 options for bars, are they near Guildhall square?

-Yates

-The Spitfire

-Frog and Parrot

But, local new brewery and old fashioned pubs. Nothing can beat that. Will definitly go to the marina. Us Dutch people like water especially when we can kick it back into the ocean (A).

Patrick Bateman Thnx for the link to discover Southampton. Paintball looks attempting.

To everyone else who gave some ideas, Thanks alot! (parks, pubs, south city)

In that case you have to visit The Wool House/Dancing Mam Brewery, The Duke of Wellington and The Red Lion which are all close to each other.

For waterside drinking Southampton isn't great as the waterfront is soon to be redeveloped. Head to Ocean Village (10 minute walk/2 min taxi from Wool House) where there are a few bars. Nice when it's sunny.

The 3 pubs the police have advised are close to Guildhall Square for gathering. I'd probably advise The Spitfire from those 3. Avoid Yates, horrible place.

a few people posted on here that their previous discounts wit their kids is no more

If they've changed the increments for discounts, that that means they've reduced the number of concessions so fewer people are paying less than the standard cost, not that they've put prices up.

People no longer being eligible for student/U11/U17/U21 rates is also not putting prices up.

In that case you have to visit The Wool House/Dancing Mam Brewery, The Duke of Wellington and The Red Lion which are all close to each other.

For waterside drinking Southampton isn't great as the waterfront is soon to be redeveloped. Head to Ocean Village (10 minute walk/2 min taxi from Wool House) where there are a few bars. Nice when it's sunny.

The 3 pubs the police have advised are close to Guildhall Square for gathering. I'd probably advise The Spitfire from those 3. Avoid Yates, horrible place.

The Spitfire is my pub o' choice, but it is starting to get VERY busy on matchdays, can be one-in-one-out by noon for a 3pm kick off now - tends to be less busy in evenings as people can't get to the pub in time.

If they've changed the increments for discounts, that that means they've reduced the number of concessions so fewer people are paying less than the standard cost, not that they've put prices up.

People no longer being eligible for student/U11/U17/U21 rates is also not putting prices up.

so. some people now have to pay more. the prices have gone up and they have put the prices down elsewhere to offset it

now, dont go all MLG and give me textbook definitions...prices have gone up for some, down for others

so. some people now have to pay more. the prices have gone up and they have put the prices down elsewhere to offset it

now, dont go all MLG and give me textbook definitions...prices have gone up for some, down for others

Concessions are not relevant to the general discussion about prices, no standard priced seats have changed prices, only the number of concessions likely to get those prices. The seat itself, sold to your walk up adult human punter, costs either the same or less than last season.

How's about you take the argument somewhere relevant, or try and discuss Europa League on this thread?

Concessions are not relevant to the general discussion about prices, no standard priced seats have changed prices, only the number of concessions likely to get those prices. The seat itself, sold to your walk up adult human punter, costs either the same or less than last season.

How's about you take the argument somewhere relevant, or try and discuss Europa League on this thread?

you were more than happy to contribute to your definition of ticket price increases/changes.

Which prices have increased? Not a single season ticket price was increased this season. As stated, many went down with the separation of "wings" from "goals" sections.

People getting older and therefore not being eligible for discounted tickets any more doesn't count as prices going up.

Which prices have increased? Not a single season ticket price was increased this season. As stated, many went down with the separation of "wings" from "goals" sections.

People getting older and therefore not being eligible for discounted tickets any more doesn't count as prices going up.

Fine, it's your site. You're wrong, DellDaysJamieBrettBatman. Steve says so AND doesn't care about off-topic posts. :p

You have to be a complete moron if you think concessions aren't relevant to the discussion of prices - ultimately it's the total cost that matters to the punter, how much more he has to pay out of his pocket relative to previous years. Concessions, fees, ticket prices are all relevant, however you slice and dice the individual components.

I had been pressing F5 since about 0840, it got to 0900 and still it just displayed Newcastle away. At 0905 it was still just showing Newcastle. Luckily, with a huge sigh of relief, one of us was succesful and our tickets are sorted. Feel genuinely sorry for anyone who missed out. Heard it sold out after about 15 minutes and that people had been queueing at St Mary's since 3am!? Madness. Was never this much hassle to get tickets to places like Hartlepool and Tranmere!!!

I had been pressing F5 since about 0840, it got to 0900 and still it just displayed Newcastle away. At 0905 it was still just showing Newcastle. Luckily, with a huge sigh of relief, one of us was succesful and our tickets are sorted. Feel genuinely sorry for anyone who missed out. Heard it sold out after about 15 minutes and that people had been queueing at St Mary's since 3am!? Madness. Was never this much hassle to get tickets to places like Hartlepool and Tranmere!!!

I wonder why?

You have to be a complete moron if you think concessions aren't relevant to the discussion of prices

I don't think that's the point that's been made. I've just compared the renewal prices for season tickets for 2014/15 and 2015/16, and every single ticket is either the same price this season or cheaper. Not a single season ticket has increased in value.

Those that have changed:

All disabled U17 tickets reduced from £235 to £150 everywhere in the stadium (including premium blocks, where there are no other concession discounts)

U17 tickets in "goal" sections reduced from £333 to £306.

New "wing" sections where all season tickets are cheaper than last season.

U17 tickets in the family section reduced from £235 to £150, U11 tickets in the same section reduced from £109 to £50.

It seems somewhat weird to try to pin the blame on the club for people getting older and no longer being eligible for U11/U17 discounts.

Edit: supporting evidence:

2014/15 renewal prices: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/28042014-201415-season-tickets-on-sale-soon-1517326.aspx

2015/16 renewal prices: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150407-season-tickets-now-on-sale-2379034.aspx

I don't think that's the point that's been made. I've just compared the renewal prices for season tickets for 2014/15 and 2015/16, and every single ticket is either the same price this season or cheaper. Not a single season ticket has increased in value.

Those that have changed:

All disabled U17 tickets reduced from £235 to £150 everywhere in the stadium (including premium blocks, where there are no other concession discounts)

U17 tickets in "goal" sections reduced from £333 to £306.

New "wing" sections where all season tickets are cheaper than last season.

U17 tickets in the family section reduced from £235 to £150, U11 tickets in the same section reduced from £109 to £50.

It seems somewhat weird to try to pin the blame on the club for people getting older and no longer being eligible for U11/U17 discounts.

Edit: supporting evidence:

2014/15 renewal prices: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/28042014-201415-season-tickets-on-sale-soon-1517326.aspx

2015/16 renewal prices: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150407-season-tickets-now-on-sale-2379034.aspx

Not contesting specifics; just a general point of how the punter perceives cost. Clearly, there's a difference between people no longer qualifying for concessions on the one hand and (tightening) the qualifying criteria for them on the other. One involves a redistribution of benefits among the fan base; the other a straightforward transfer back to the club.

The coach package was £150, the same price as the unofficial coach. This included the match ticket as well.

The £350 package included flights from Southampton, transfers, accommodation and match ticket. You try and find something cheaper flying out of Southampton now...

Dare I say it, I have a spare for Arnhem in the away end. Ideally I'd give it to someone who's done plenty of aways (though it's near impossible to verify) rather than on a first-come-first-serve basis; but PM me if you're interested. I'll keep the offer open for 24hrs and will inform the lucky recipient. Face value.

If interested I queued from just after 4.30 am as didn't want to risk online due to experience during the week with buying the home tickets and forcing me into a queue.

There was only about 8 people in front and they said they had only got there until about 4.15 am. When I left I reckon there was only around 60-70, certainly not more than a 100 and got a ticket at 9.05 am and went past the queue after to take a photo of the UEFA flag. Queue at worst looking, this being spread out as many earlier people there had chairs, was barely at gate A in the Itchen.

The coach package was £150, the same price as the unofficial coach. This included the match ticket as well.

The £350 package included flights from Southampton, transfers, accommodation and match ticket. You try and find something cheaper flying out of Southampton now...

Doesn't stop their whole process being unfair.

The club are still selling tickets to those that book the travel with them, despite saying it is 'Sold Out'.

Oh I see, I thought you meant the price was unfair. Looking at the flight deal it looks pretty good. But yeah, if there are still tickets it's not sold out, I wonder if they'll let the tickets be sold on the day over in Arnhem if they haven't sold.

Dare I say it, I have a spare for Arnhem in the away end. Ideally I'd give it to someone who's done plenty of aways (though it's near impossible to verify) rather than on a first-come-first-serve basis; but PM me if you're interested. I'll keep the offer open for 24hrs and will inform the lucky recipient. Face value.

Unable to PM but I am after a spare away end ticket as a mate of mine missed out with only 6 aways from last season, with the other two of us on 14 and 9.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Unable to PM but I am after a spare away end ticket as a mate of mine missed out with only 6 aways from last season, with the other two of us on 14 and 9.

Cheers

I can vouch for this, as I am the '9.' There would be a very happy chap if you could help!

Flights and accommodation already booked for all 3 of us.

Cheers

I think it's worth paying your 5er and PM'ing Shurlock. Get your mate to pay it! ;)

Heads up on tonights champions league qualifiers.

HJK Helsinki 0 - 0 FC Astana (Result) Irrelevant who wins as both teams have lower coefficient than Saints

Red Bull Salzburg 1 - 0 Malmö FF (63 mins) We need a RB Salzburg win. Malmo have a lower coefficient than us

Steaua Bucharest 0 - 0 Partizan Belgrade We need a Steaua Bucharest win. Partizan have a lower coefficient than us

Celtic v FK Qarabag We need a Celtic win. Qarabag have a lower coefficient than us

Lech Poznan v FC Basel Both teams have a higher coefficient

SK Rapid Vienna v Ajax We need an Ajax win. Rapid Vienna have a lower coefficient than us

Heads up on tonights champions league qualifiers.

HJK Helsinki 0 - 0 FC Astana (Result) Irrelevant who wins as both teams have lower coefficient than Saints

Red Bull Salzburg 1 - 0 Malmö FF (63 mins) We need a RB Salzburg win. Malmo have a lower coefficient than us

Steaua Bucharest 0 - 0 Partizan Belgrade We need a Steaua Bucharest win. Partizan have a lower coefficient than us

Celtic v FK Qarabag We need a Celtic win. Qarabag have a lower coefficient than us

Lech Poznan v FC Basel Both teams have a higher coefficient

SK Rapid Vienna v Ajax We need an Ajax win. Rapid Vienna have a lower coefficient than us

Perhaps Celtic losing is a better result as that may help us secure van Dijk?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})