Southampton 0 Bournemouth 0 - Match & Reactions

Pass the Dutchie

We've played well, good patient football, created some decent chances and not really given them a sniff apart from the Forster mess up off the line. We've been the much better team but we've seen these sort of performances too often this season where we dominate possession don't take our chances then lose.

Pretty much how I've seen it as well. If we play as well in the second half and show a little more composure in front of goal we should win this one. If we don't - we're always up for the old sucker punch.

Has anyone started going back to saying we've become boring yet? Without realising that we were boring because we didn't have Gabbiadini, and now we will be boring again without him. It's not Puel. It's not the style of football. It's that we don't put the ball in the net, that makes the game pretty boring, funnily enough.

Performance wise, other than some shaky moments by Forster we have looked very good. Tadic is trying to impress visiting scouts and Redmond is getting better all the time, I'd like to see Bertrand do a few more overlaps as he could be key to us breaking down Bournemouth.

Jay Rod has been physical but he's still a bit off the pace, I'd like to see Long and Boufal at some point, but Bournemouth aren't a bad side and are trying to catch us out by lumping set pieces down Forster's throat, and as we know Forster is our best chance of conceding...

Well I thought we played well in the first half and if we continue we will canter to a win. You lot really area bunch of *****s.

Agree we played well but we're not cantering to a win against anyone all the time we can't score...!

What happened to all the refs earlier in the season giving penalties for tugging off players in the area?

Is that mentioned in the laws of the game? Goodness! How times change.

Would it count as violent conduct... or offering unfair assistance?! :blush: