Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

@pn_neil_allen: RT @Barlow31: @pn_neil_allen In the time it took to read your tweet type and post this tweet TBH earned approx £3.57

It's a shame the bestest ™ fans weren't so clued up when it came to keeping tabs on how much tax the club weren't paying and how many charities and local businesses were being ripped off. They seem to be aware of the intricacies of Pompey's financial affairs when it suits them....

Sigh.

Checking in on holiday - Worthy nutjob

But then holidays are for fun, entertainment and relaxation and therefore this thread is a pre-requisite.

I expect a couple of pages for when i crack open the red tonight, sit on the balcony, nursing my sunburn and catch up on todays events.

I am likening TBH to Davis in goal away to Leeds - Stay strong TBH

AA - Chinny - Birch - TBH - intriguing - I can't work out the dynamics of AA / TBH against Chinny.

:lol:

Anyway, have we nailed down yet why TBH has sidelined his agent during these negotiations in favour of AA - Chinny's favourite financial wizard? If we assume that AA is still dancing to Chinny's tune, why is he working with TBH to get as much cash out of Pompey as possible?

More likely he is trying to get TBH to hold firm and leave Birch with no choice but to liquidate.

It still strikes me as perfectly possible, if not likely, that Chinny still wants them dead so he gets FP and the land but doesn't want to be seen with the blood on his hands. Birch wants someone to blame so his reputation remains intact. A stupid, overpaid, unpopular footballer seems the ideal fall guy.

Oi! Stop stealing my conspiracy theory from three weeks ago! ;-)

Umm could be a very interesting day I think after reading both statements. Also isn't it today that this TBH saga has to be completed

so that TB knows for certain if he has to liquidate on Friday? Didn't he say he needed 3 days for that?

If I had a pound for every 'deadline' that Birch has trotted out then duly ignored, i'd be considerably richer than all of Pompey's creditors combined...

Anyway, have we nailed down yet why TBH has sidelined his agent during these negotiations in favour of AA - Chinny's favourite financial wizard? If we assume that AA is still dancing to Chinny's tune, why is he working with TBH to get as much cash out of Pompey as possible?

More likely he is trying to get TBH to hold firm and leave Birch with no choice but to liquidate.

It still strikes me as perfectly possible, if not likely, that Chinny still wants them dead so he gets FP and the land but doesn't want to be seen with the blood on his hands. Birch wants someone to blame so his reputation remains intact. A stupid, overpaid, unpopular footballer seems the ideal fall guy.

Edit - or even better, days before the deadline, TBH comes out with a statement that lays the blame squarely at the door of Birch - an administrator who was appointed against the will of Chinny and someone who is clearly not loved by AA. Hmmmm.

Oooorrrrrrrrrrrrr, Chinny is using AA to get TBH to reduce his claim AND force Birch to reduce PFKs fees so that Chinny pockets more cash once the purchase is complete.

I've thought all along that Chinnys preconditions of coming back on-board, getting rid of the players, was a bluff; he thought it couldnt be done, but it saved him from looking the bad guy as he took his assets back.

But TB has almost managed to call his bluff, so he's parachuted AA in to make TBH stand fast, and thereby keep to Plan A.

What I dont get is why the Kanu issue can really be put to one side. If he wins his tribunal (and its hard to see how he wont - its in his contract), they have still got to find that 3m.

What I dont get is why the Kanu issue can really be put to one side. If he wins his tribunal (and its hard to see how he wont - its in his contract), they have still got to find that 3m.

I guess that depends how favourable the repayment terms the court sets are.

£1 per week spread over 3 million weeks might just be achievable for our serial wage deferring chums.

Council meeting Thursday reference the loan........

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/politics/council-meeting-will-decide-on-pompey-loan-1-4134984

Personally I think this meeting is a complete waste of time,PST won't get near the club until after Chanarai give up his tenure oncemore.

Chanarai to ride in at the last moment.

it may make the next few months and season ahead quite amusing,but somewhere in the back of my mind I can see the Skates eventually coming out of this quite lightly.

then in the longterm back in admin.

see you back here in 12 months time.

I want all hope extinguished and the club to die....now.

I cannot believe PCC will endorse a loan.

They have duty of care to taxpayer's money.

@pn_neil_allen: RT @Barlow31: @pn_neil_allen In the time it took to read your tweet type and post this tweet TBH earned approx £3.57

It's a shame the bestest ™ fans weren't so clued up when it came to keeping tabs on how much tax the club weren't paying and how many charities and local businesses were being ripped off. They seem to be aware of the intricacies of Pompey's financial affairs when it suits them....

Sigh.

Would someone be so kind to reply that if we say £150M over 3 years, then Pompey have ripped off creditors for £100/minute of the last three years!!!

If AA and Chainrai manages to pull off this 'force the club into liquidation using TBH as our Trojan Horse' ruse, does Birch automatically become the liquidator or do the courts have to appoint someone from scratch at that point?

Just wonderin'...

Edited by trousers

Its very simple

Chinny saw the FL's conditions

'No clucking way' says he ' I needs me a scapegoat'

*pushes his big red AA button*

'Fly my pretty and get me a scapegoat'

AA to TBH ' We will give you £500,000 to hold fire and take the flack - we have opened an account in Monaco

Everyones a winner

Its very simple

Chinny saw the FL's conditions

'No clucking way' says he ' I needs me a scapegoat'

*pushes his big red AA button*

'Fly my pretty and get me a scapegoat'

AA to TBH ' We will give you £500,000 to hold fire and take the flack - we have opened an account in Monaco

Everyones a winner

Maybe not far from the reality of the situation.

all along BC was going to take the on, he just has been using Birch to get rid of the high earners using the fans pressure to do so. They are now down to a manageable level even if TBH does stay although if it is only now over 300k he will settle. Ma will now have a blank canvass to build a side with players out of contract who will be keen to take low er wages they would have done if they were still on a contract at a club. There is quite a decent pool of players out there and PFC will become a decent team in L1. They will not go down and even push for top 6. Whilst some think they will be finished for a decade, i dont believe so,it is patently obvious once you kick off the season it would take a massive indiscretion for the FL to help pull the plug and so they will now again be able to flick the fingers at the world. Liquidation was the only real punishment for their past misdemeanors and they have got away with it. I truly hope Iam jumping the gun here but sadly I don't think so.

all along BC was going to take the on, he just has been using Birch to get rid of the high earners using the fans pressure to do so. They are now down to a manageable level even if TBH does stay although if it is only now over 300k he will settle. Ma will now have a blank canvass to build a side with players out of contract who will be keen to take low er wages they would have done if they were still on a contract at a club. There is quite a decent pool of players out there and PFC will become a decent team in L1. They will not go down and even push for top 6. Whilst some think they will be finished for a decade, i dont believe so,it is patently obvious once you kick off the season it would take a massive indiscretion for the FL to help pull the plug and so they will now again be able to flick the fingers at the world. Liquidation was the only real punishment for their past misdemeanors and they have got away with it. I truly hope Iam jumping the gun here but sadly I don't think so.

So why is the message coming out of B*llsh*t HQ not one of paperwork being drafted and signed, deal going through, golden share returned, the King is dead, long live King Chinny ???

If they're liquidated King Kanu simply joins the list of unsecured creditors as far as PFC are concered - just like all the other players. If Plan A is liquidation, this case has no bearing on it whatsoever. It's only relevant if they wish to retain their golden share.

If PCC were to agree to this loan (and its very very close to the "deadline" - it must be the last throw of the dice), do we think it pushes PST over the finish line, so-to-speak ?

I suspect the bulk of the council meeting will be discussing their approach to media management and ensuring that their refusal to give the loan is communicated in the best possible way to ensure they don't lose any votes over it come election time.

It's not tax payers money. They would take a loan out and use that. The trust would pay off the loan. Because they are effectively the gov. They get special rates of interest, so they pay very little interest.

The trouble with that little scenario is that PCCwould still be guarantor to the loan. It's not the interest rate that would took PST it's the face that no compitent lender would touch them with a barge pole.

With your extensive training, you could be a professional gun-jumper ;)
Lol I get my hopes up reading the well informed on here, that they are going to be toast and then this hope gets crushed. I have stated all along that they were going to get away with it, and sadly that belief keeps getting reintroduced as i see the events unfold.

A fortnight ago there was much celebration on here and the toasts were in full force, that has diminished now and many are accepting that indeed they will survive. I hope I have jumped the gun and dearly want egg to be on my face and will be happy to say in capitals that I was foolish and could not read the events, i even put a bet up that nobody took up (I gave the money on sunday to St Johns ambulance at a charity event, as i thought that was apt due to Pompey owing them from administration)

Lol I get my hopes up reading the well informed on here, that they are going to be toast and then this hope gets crushed. I have stated all along that they were going to get away with it, and sadly that belief keeps getting reintroduced as i see the events unfold.

A fortnight ago there was much celebration on here and the toasts were in full force, that has diminished now and many are accepting that indeed they will survive. I hope I have jumped the gun and dearly want egg to be on my face and will be happy to say in capitals that I was foolish and could not read the events, i even put a bet up that nobody took up (I gave the money on sunday to St Johns ambulance at a charity event, as i thought that was apt due to Pompey owing them from administration)

My only guess is that you won't get a "clean cut" anytime soon. It's always going to be a tangled mess where some say they've gotten away with it (for not being liquidated) while others point out that struggling in League One/Two with all the leeches still hanging on is not getting away with anything :)

They will be toast one day. Maybe not in four days, but very possibly in four years.

They are incapable of running the club like a business. Eventually it will bite them in the arse, but it may take the fourth, fifth or sixth administration.

If AA and Chainrai manages to pull off this 'force the club into liquidation using TBH as our Trojan Horse' ruse, does Birch automatically become the liquidator or do the courts have to appoint someone from scratch at that points?

Just wonderin'...

No idea.

But, I was of the opinion that they won't be liquidated as the "football family" wouldn't allow it. I still don't think they will disappear. However, AA's reappearance as TBH's advisor leads me to sometimes question this and that BC really does want PFC to go pop so that he can pick up the pieces with vacant possession.

Yeah, but the pesky kids will get them cometh Admin 3

Poor ole Fred on Meridian Tonight Facebook page - asking for people to name their location when posting about the council idea to use Tax Payers cash - Well Fred just because people are giving a resounding NO - you think its Saints fans - what a tosser

image_normal.jpg Mark White ‏@marksfc

@pn_neil_allen Pompey near liquidation because they handed out contracts they couldn't afford. TBH deserves better than your pathetic tweets

acf259c9-fcdb-4488-be11-f4fe8a9acf93_normal.png Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

@marksfc Funny that you don't agree being a Southampton fan. Not that your opinion matters whatsoever.

Our opinion doesn't matter? And there was me thinking that Southampton fans were taxpayers too....:facepalm:

... still have to admit, that the PST would have had my utmost respect, if they had simply stated that their aim was to bring some integrity and pride back to Portsmouths club... by restricting competitiveness in favour of long term creditor repayments, use the PPs to pay off football creditors and Chinney once and for all and invest in youth and academy set up... but alas pompey and spending more entwined than the lips of a cheap hooker around Uncle Avram's c....

... still have to admit' date=' that the PST would have had my utmost respect, if they had simply stated that their aim was to bring some integrity and pride back to Portsmouths club... by restricting competitiveness in favour of long term creditor repayments, use the PPs to pay off football creditors and Chinney once and for all and invest in youth and academy set up... but alas pompey and spending more entwined than the lips of a cheap hooker around Uncle Avram's c....[/quote']

Was it not the PST boasting a while ago their offer would be better than Chinnys !!! Are they to offering 2p of the original 20p in the £

Loving the arguments on Meridian tonight Facebook page about PCC potential loan Massive \LOL's

Just had a look. Remarkable paucity of posts in favour; in fact, I don't remember seeing any. Wonder how Meridian Tonight will be reporting that then... :lol:

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

#Pompey near liquidation & today TBH earned approx £5,143 (£714+£4,429 deferred). Since April his total is £596,000 - and goes up every day.

He really really doesn't get it does he.

If TBH had been paid it would be zero ..... but hey ho, another day another buck ... er sorry 5,143 bucks colloquilly speaking!!

Earning it isn't the problem, getting paid is. Hang on in there TBH.

This is what I've come to loathe about football. People can't make an obvious and clear point without some idiot writing it off as pathetic provincial rivalry. Some people are capable of being objective. More and more each week and month their situation has put me off football. That's despite SFC getting 2 promotions, I've still completely lost the majority of my passion for the sport, because it doesn't feel like a sport, just a corrupt waste of time justified by immoral, odious little fckwits.

You'll get the 'ole goosebumps and lump-in-trousers back once the season starts...

Yes, PFC are dragging the good name of football through the mud and the authorities appear to be turning a blind eye, but their time will come...

Has to be said though, the sporting sentiment, effort and will-power of the sportsmen and women in the Olympics has really shown football up for the den of sh*teness that it really is....

Presumably, TBH's wages would be subject to PAYE deductions for tax and National Insurance.

It might be in p*****'s interest to pay TBH's wages, so they could do what they usually do - trouser the tax and NI contributions.

The PAYE on the £2.5m owed to TBH must be a fair sum.

Can you imagine how you'd feel if your business has struggled or gone bust because PFC had written off all that debt with a bit smirk on its face, built up more debt, written that off, then you have to see comments like Allen's about TBH? It's absolutely disgusting. Just inciting irrational, inconsistent moronic anger with no slight notion of the hyprocrisy involved. So depressing that even local media organisation employ people this manipulative and/or thick. I'd be fcking ashamed to be part of it. But ignore all the evil saints fans making up facts. Ignore the difficult questions, ignore the thousands of creditors, the damage to the community, ignore the ex-players questioning it all, ignore the managers, chairman of other clubs or anyone with a vague sense of perspective, dignity, fair play or community.

Whether he believes it all, or merely takes money for publishing incitement, Allen is an utter turd of a man and at the arse-end of the scale even for journalists.

+1 well said. Journalists are supposed to show at least a veneer of impartiality, but Neil Allen is blatently partisan and offensive into the bargain. He and the club he supports deserve each other, and hopefully both will get their come-uppance in due course

70% towards the 100,000 mark, meanwhile I am off to Weymouth to do a little sea fishing out by Portland Bill, going for bass, plaice, bream that sort of thing but hopefully no skates - far too messy to cook. By the time I return late tomorrow night the fat lady might be starting to clear her throat and vultures may be gathering.

70% towards the 100,000 mark, meanwhile I am off to Weymouth to do a little sea fishing out by Portland Bill, going for bass, plaice, bream that sort of thing but hopefully no skates - far too messy to cook. By the time I return late tomorrow night the fat lady might be starting to clear her throat and vultures may be gathering.

In fact skates are an endangered species:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skate

Hopefully those that live on The Island Of Dr Moreau will be extinct very soon

Not sure if I'm missing something but following on from the point about Chinny using TBH to liquidate, as Chinny has a charge on FP, even in liquidation it become his? If so, with Gaydamaks Car Park also up for grabs I would imagine the value of both would be considerably more than the 2 separately. So Chinny has FP, buys the car park for a few mil and sells all to Tesco for £15-20m. Pays TBH a decent wedge and lo and behold " I will get my money".