Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Do they not understand that part of the punishment is indeed to be UNCOMPETITIVE and survive on a shoestring?

Er....no, they don't.

Incidentally, the official club website makes for some interesting reading, particularly the stuff that's missing.

What's happened to the board of directors? Obviously, once the club went into admin, TB effectively becomes the chairman and board. But presumably, the football operation needs to be a properly constituted club for FL rules. Am I right in recalling that under Hampshire FA rules, three officers are necessary to constitute a club: a chairman, a secretary and a treasurer (who would want to take on THAT role at p****y?). So who are the current football club officers required?

Will any of the last board of directors be invited back on once the hoo-ha has died down?

Also, this makes interesting reading.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/club/personnel.aspx

On the playing side, a cash-strapped club still manages to employ:

A manager

A first-team coach

A goalkeeping coach

A head of recruitment

A strength and conditioning coach

A Head of Sports Performance

A Head of Performance Analysis

An academy manager

A kit man (what's old Kev on, these days? I thought his £45,000 a year post was redundant under the previous AA-controlled administration?)

That's a minimum of nine. I say a minimum as if there is a Head of Performance Analysis and a Head of Sports performance, it hints there might be somebody working under them.

Compare and contrast with Yeovil, whose footballing staff consist of:

First Team Manager: Gary Johnson

Assistant Manager: Terry Skiverton

Goalkeeping Coach: Gareth Stewart

Physio: Mike Miccichi

Head of Youth: Scott Green

Or Bury.

Manager:Richie Barker

Assistant Manager:Peter Shirtliff

Goalkeeping Coach:Anthony Williams

Development Coach:Ben Futcher

Physio:Tom Walsh

Head of Youth:Alan Moore

P****y's problem is that they are under the delusion they are still a big club. Certainly bigger than the likes of Yeovil and Bury.

FYI P****y, you are in the same division as Yeovil and Bury, and will be playing them this season.

I'm sure they would love to have Brian Howard, not to mention a Head of Sports Performance and a Head of Sports Analysis.

But then little, piddling clubs like Yeovil and Bury are small-time because they don't think big.

He must have got slaughtered at school :lol:

LOL.

Pompey Trust have now got an account over on POL for the bestest to ask any questions they want and the PST will answer them!

So far, every 'difficult' question has been answered with 'your comments have been noted' :D

Even the easier questions have been greeted with a whole bunch of diplomatic ******! It's 'car crash' entertainment for sure :D

Lost Transport seems to be posing the trickiest questions - is that you Mero?

Ssshhhh... don't blow Agent M's cover :suspicious:

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

#Pompey near liquidation & today TBH earned approx £5,143 (£714+£4,429 deferred). Since April his total is £596,000 - and goes up every day.

He really really doesn't get it does he.

So he's already deferring a massive % of his wages!

What more do the cheats want?

#Pompey near liquidation & today TBH earned approx £5,143 (£714+£4,429 deferred). Since April his total is £596,000 - and goes up every day.

Can someone tweet him & ask about TBH's image rights... if we play this right, Neil Allen might have a meltdown of POL proportions!!

Only £714 a week, so he is only actually being paid 37K a year. Bet there are a fair few on here being paid more than that. Probably less than a month of Rickys wages. Its not lije he is ever hoibg to see his deferrals is it. :rolleyes:

Only £714 a week, so he is only actually being paid 37K a year. Bet there are a fair few on here being paid more than that. Probably less than a month of Rickys wages. Its not lije he is ever hoibg to see his deferrals is it. :rolleyes:

My faux pas it was 714 a day not a week doh

Why is it a crime for Birch to claim what he is owed? I'm confused...

Presumably he has shown solidarity with the playing staff LEGENDS and agreed a compromise deal whereby he takes home 10% of his salary and defers the remaining 90% of what he is owed to be paid back at the rate of 2% of 20% over the next four years, or whenever

Presumably he has shown solidarity with the playing staff LEGENDS and agreed a compromise deal whereby he takes home 10% of his salary and defers the remaining 90% of what he is owed to be paid back at the rate of 2% of 20% over the next four years, or whenever

Even if he had, what is Neil trying to say?

Even if he had, what is Neil trying to say?

He is saying "I am an idiot, feeding the masses what they want to hear in order to look big. It all however is a dreadful facade that barely covers my own credibility as both a journalist and a moral human being."

I'm guessing when you wrote these:

Why is it a crime for Birch to claim what he is owed? I'm confused...

Does he expect Birch to give up his wages? Why?

you were referring to this post quoting Neil Allen's tweet:

If so, the odious Mr Allen was tweeting about Tal Ben Haim, not Trevor Birch. Hope that helps reduce your confusion! ;)

First person to read this without retching wins a prize...

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=442639

Hi All

I posted sometime ago with a good luck message. To give a tiny bit of background, I was the Trust Chair during the struggle to save Argyle last year and I am now the Club President.

As the days tick by and as your situation becomes more difficult I thought that it would be good to let everyone know that on Thursday Argyle are going to announce a series of events for the League Cup tie that will hopefully help out the Pompey Trust a little bit whilst also showing support from fans to fans and Club to Club.

Firstly we have a popular pre-match ritual at Home Park nowadays called a fansfest. It is literally right outside the main entrance to the old part of the stadium. There is music, beer, pasties and generally great banter. We are opening the League Cup fansfest to away fans and hope to generate a really unique atmosphere. We will also invite someone from the Pompey Trust to address everyone. There will be a £5 entrance fee which includes a free pint and a pasty. 50% of everything raised will be handed over to the Pompey Trust.

Secondly we are very proud to have the Football League Fan of the Year in Sue Pollard. During the tough times at Argyle Sue raised thousands of pounds by rattling those buckets to gain money for the unpaid staff at Argyle. We have talked Sue out of retirement and she will be rattling them again for the Pompey Trust.

We are also working on via our contacts a signed David Norris Pompey shirt that we can auction. We have links with David via his time at Argyle so we are working on this.

Finally prior to the kick off the message of support from Argyle to Pompey will be read out as well as a call for all four sides of the ground to sing the Pompey Chimes.

For me going back to when I first started following Argyle the games against Pompey due to the naval history were always fantastic. Coupled with what we as a Club have been through we are so keen to help a fellow group of fans and another Club in your hour of need.

I am sure you will make the game and we are working hard to make it special when you do.

As I have said the full details will be on the Argyle website and out in the press on Thursday. The Pompey Trust will also be working in the media to gain coverage and raise awareness at your end.

Hopefully see some of you at the fansfest and 90 minutes apart I wish you all the very best. You are a fine Football Club with a fine set of supporters!

6d97213b-3f0e-c213.jpg

I'm guessing when you wrote these:

you were referring to this post quoting Neil Allen's tweet:

If so, the odious Mr Allen was tweeting about Tal Ben Haim, not Trevor Birch. Hope that helps reduce your confusion! ;)

Aha! I missed the H. It has been a long day!

He's right though. There is no way they will liquidate the whole club due to one player's wages. If he holds out they will eventually give him more favourable terms. He is the shrewdest one there.

I've been saying it all along, Chinny is bluffing. He isn't going to let Cheats FC be liquidated (yet), and give up his share of the parachute payments. TBH comes from a country where generally people aren't stupid about money, so it's not surprising that he appears to be the only one of the high earners having the balls to call Chinny's bluff. (The jury is still out on Liam.)

Wild guess: at the 12th hour Trevor announces TBH has reached a compromise settlement, and Cheats FC will limp on for another season or so of laughs for us nutjobs. In reality Chinny has to settle for the parachutes minus most of what TBH is owed, but this is not made public. Ripping off 7 mugs out of the 8 high-earners is not bad. Unfortunately for Chinny the one exception happens to be twice as expensive. :D

Love the opening paragraph:

"Having read the theatrical media reports circulating around Portsmouth recently, I feel that it is only right that I say a few words regarding my position with the club."

I can't imagine who he's referring to there...

Apparently Brighton & Hove have been openly mocking their erstwhile HEROIC opponents:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-3-bolton-0-1-4132262

"...Only two games earlier, certain members of Brighton’s back-room staff and substitutes were overheard cruelly mocking Pompey’s playing quality during their Spanish friendly."

So, if TBH is correct, what has Birch been doing for 6 months apart from accumulating Admin fees?

That statement has AA written all over it. Sounds like a case of one administrator having a 'revenge' pop at another administrator to me..,

Maybe PKF (on behalf of HMRC) had a liquidation 'agenda' all along...?

Edited by trousers

Careful, he could end up being a hero agian today having given up all that money.

I've just read this week's script and can confirm that is exactly what will happen. If only the scriptwriters had written that TBH statement 2 weeks ago we might now have 8 players rather than 1 standing up for what is morally theirs rather than running scared due to the unpleasant local media driven kangaroo court trials we've been witness to.

I've just read this week's script and can confirm that is exactly what will happen. If only the scriptwriters had written that TBH statement 2 weeks ago we might now have 8 players rather than 1 standing up for what is morally theirs rather than running scared due to the unpleasant local media driven kangaroo court trials we've been witness to.

On the other :) whatever the outcome, there's no denying that they are increasingly the 'exception that proves the rule' that there's no such thing as bad publicity. You only have to mention the name of the club to see the corners of peoples' mouths twitch, they're a laughing stock and hopefully will get what's been coming to them for years

Birch has hit back at the club’s highest wage earner. And, while he did not comment on Ben Haim’s claim over his offer to waive £1.5m, he stressed the defender should not be entitled to special treatment when several other players have already left the club and turned their back on vast amounts of money.

Birch countered: ‘It’s disappointing that Tal Ben Haim has chosen to make a personal attack but perhaps understandable when you consider his advisors in this matter.

‘I realise too that he hasn’t been willing to negotiate a compromise on a number of occasions in the past – including when the club was last in administration.

‘I understand why nobody wants to lose money – whether they are players or the club’s other creditors. Tal Ben Haim is not alone here.’

The likes of Greg Halford, David Norris, Erik Huseklepp and Dave Kitson have sacrificed money owed to them by leaving Pompey in recent weeks. And Birch also pointed to the local businesses and non-football creditors who have effectively written off the debts to try to keep Pompey afloat.

He said: ‘Many of his (Ben Haim’s) former team-mates were in the same situation, yet made big sacrifices and showed the club is more important than any individual.

‘Many non-football creditors, some small local businesses, have also told me that they’d be willing to take a personal financial hit in order to keep the club going.

‘And then there’s the pain felt by the club’s employees who lost their jobs or took pay cuts earlier in the year.

‘If we all keep that in mind over the next couple of days then there is hope that the club may survive.’

Hotting up nicely..

http://tinyurl.com/croz6n3

Hotting up nicely..

http://tinyurl.com/croz6n3

So, Birch goes for the "look at the sacrifices all the other creditors have had to endure" moral blackmail card.

Would those be the same creditors who will have to sit by and watch Appy build a "competitive" squad next season and the owner trousering millions of pounds worth of parachute payments the year after?

Yes, Mr Birch, we all pity the creditors....shame you backed a CVA that gave them the bare minimum so that the club stand a chance of being "competitive" next season.

Unless i missed it, Carlsberg haven't started selling hypocrisy and hollow words yet have they...?

And still not a peep from the PFA and Football Authorities about how shabbily their players have been treated....can someone explain the football creditors rule to me and why the football authorities fought tooth and nail to preserve it?

Edited by trousers

Reading the Ben Haim statement and Birch's response, this looks like being an entertaining little sideshow - Birch and Andronikou taking pops at each other, albeit by proxy. Should be good for a few laughs over the next day or two...

Birch countered: ‘It’s disappointing that Tal Ben Haim has chosen to make a personal attack but perhaps understandable when you consider his advisors in this matter.'

:lol:

Anyway, have we nailed down yet why TBH has sidelined his agent during these negotiations in favour of AA - Chinny's favourite financial wizard? If we assume that AA is still dancing to Chinny's tune, why is he working with TBH to get as much cash out of Pompey as possible?

More likely he is trying to get TBH to hold firm and leave Birch with no choice but to liquidate.

It still strikes me as perfectly possible, if not likely, that Chinny still wants them dead so he gets FP and the land but doesn't want to be seen with the blood on his hands. Birch wants someone to blame so his reputation remains intact. A stupid, overpaid, unpopular footballer seems the ideal fall guy.

Edit - or even better, days before the deadline, TBH comes out with a statement that lays the blame squarely at the door of Birch - an administrator who was appointed against the will of Chinny and someone who is clearly not loved by AA. Hmmmm.

Oooorrrrrrrrrrrrr, Chinny is using AA to get TBH to reduce his claim AND force Birch to reduce PFKs fees so that Chinny pockets more cash once the purchase is complete.

Edited by Torres

And, while he did not comment on Ben Haim’s claim over his offer to waive £1.5m, he stressed the defender should not be entitled to special treatment when several other players have already left the club and turned their back on vast amounts of money.

So special treatment down pompey way = being paid what you are entitled to. Yeah that figures.

Council meeting Thursday reference the loan........

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/politics/council-meeting-will-decide-on-pompey-loan-1-4134984

Personally I think this meeting is a complete waste of time,PST won't get near the club until after Chanarai give up his tenure oncemore.

Chanarai to ride in at the last moment.

it may make the next few months and season ahead quite amusing,but somewhere in the back of my mind I can see the Skates eventually coming out of this quite lightly.

then in the longterm back in admin.

see you back here in 12 months time.

I want all hope extinguished and the club to die....now.

Umm could be a very interesting day I think after reading both statements. Also isn't it today that this TBH saga has to be completed

so that TB knows for certain if he has to liquidate on Friday? Didn't he say he needed 3 days for that?

Ah well I will stay up for another 3 hours but I expect the main action will take place tonight ( my time ) and I will wake up with about

6 or 7 pages to catch up with. :D