Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Having ridden it out to the end, there may be a few spare quids down the back of the sofa to make him go quietly. Kanu is possibly more of a problem as he truly has nothing to lose, as a retired great-grandfather back in his native country.

Sadly I now think they will survive, and our over-optimism may come back to haunt us. What troubles me is that their bunch of 'no-hoper' triallists have actually won both their games and it gives the club some momentum to go into the season, including persuading better players to join them.

I think Howard is the tester - he said publicly that he would like to stay in the south and has settled his kids in school etc in Hampshire - BUT money talks. If he walks away from Championship offers to join the DCFSBs it can only because their offer is at least close to the other offers and it will signal a new 'quality over quantity' campaign. If he goes elsewhere it might just suggest that they are offering him a wage they can actually afford to pay.

As ever an interesting week ahead

Unless BH has some kids in his past Clare has no kids, they only got married recently and have been an item since he was at the academy. PFC would be attractive for him, live at home in Bartley, train locally and I wouldn't think money is a great issue any longer for him as he has had some cracking contracts for the last six years.

I think he may have been referring to the bloke worth £2.5 billion who bought us as a viable going concern with a large number of tangible assets.

Nar not buying that, If dept was a puddle of sh*t you were up to your knees, and we needed a rubber ring. You were bailed out by a generous billionaire GRHS, We have the uncanny knack of attracting every thieving basted on the planet:scared:

ps tell-em Nick,,,,,,,,were gonna be alrite,:smug:

You were bailed out by a generous billionaire GRHS, We have the uncanny knack of attracting every thieving basted on the planet:scared:

You reap what you sow Mack. If you are willing to be a tart don't be surprised if you are passed around like a crack whore amongst the pimps.

You reap what you sow Mack. If you are willing to be a tart don't be surprised if you are passed around like a crack whore amongst the pimps.

That is a cracker!!...so true too. Did anyone see the quote from a pompey fan in the news the other day about us being a selling club unlike them whilst mentioning the "class they've had like DeFoe, Kancjear etc"? really made me want to throw up, to be a spending club you need to have money and therefore you have to sell...it isn't THAT hard is it?

Nar not buying that, If dept was a puddle of sh*t you were up to your knees, and we needed a rubber ring. You were bailed out by a generous billionaire GRHS, We have the uncanny knack of attracting every thieving basted on the planet:scared:

Erm, and why do you think that might be ? Us managing to attract a decent owner and your lot not, I mean...?

Edited by The9

Look how paranoid they are!

This is true to a certain extent, but you have been a little shall we say abrupt? Thing is, people on here get very suspicious of new posters as it is, largely due to the location of a certain particular breed of posters from a few miles down the road. We do of course monitor every newbie, but this should not prevent you from enjoying your time on here.

No worries - though the simple answer is not to do anything to warrant a ban wink.png biggrin.png We ban scummers without warning though, they try to come on here and pretend to be someone else, posting as if they are Pompey - but they don't realise that we have many ways of finding them out and no matter how good they think they are at hiding, we do find them. There are no hiding places, even though they think there is and may even be reading this thread/post, but they will be found.

Hehehe

Thats roughly how I see it. BC will only put in the absolute bare minimum - whether he throws the PST the carcass is the bit that's open to debate.

I really can't see how it could be in Chainrai's interest to have a football team playing at Fratton Park if he manages to snap up the "Gaydamak" land from the administrator of Miland Development (2004) ltd.

Presumably melt-down on Friday?

Someone posted an espn article where Birch was quoted as saying:

"I am trying to fight to save the club going into oblivion but we only have a few days left and it's on a knife edge, I cannot genuinely tell you what will happen.

"We need to sort out the final couple of players by midweek, which only gives us a few days to get Portpin [potential new owners] to the party to agree the takeover."

They won't go into liquidation. TBH will back down at the very last minute.

I'm with the skate legend Alan Knight in that it'll be less painful if they were...but then, it'll be tonnes more fun for us and this thread will enter the realms of monolithic proportions if they weren't.

I'm with the skate legend Alan Knight in that it'll be less painful if they were...but then, it'll be tonnes more fun for us and this thread will enter the realms of monolithic proportions.

This, but then they are far too stupid to do it properly, they would rather hold on for dear life to the wretched carcass. Without the FA Cup triumph, they now have nothing, and to let go of how they won it, it will mean they have nothing left.

The club must die, only then will the culture of spend/bust be ceased. Even then it may be so pathologically ingrained into that town that they will try it again from non-league. Could they 'do a Maidstone?'

I don't mean to sound rude but I am sorry I am now finding it virtually impossible to

believe Trevor when he talks about end by dates. There have been so many that if he was

selling food,and kept changing the date on those items like he has with pfc,as that date

came and went he would end up being prosecuted for selling unfit goods. Mind you as far as

I am concerned pfc are also unfit goods now.

It may well turn out to be more painful for them and in turn more funny for us, if.they DIDN'T get liquidated.

Years more fun at their expense.

When will this thread get locked, though??

Any mod who locks this thread prematurely would be as unpopular as TBH is now with the phew, and would have 1000 or so nutjobs after him. :)

They won't get liquidated until Chinny trousers the last parachute payment.

I've corrected it for you. ;)

Unless BH has some kids in his past Clare has no kids, they only got married recently and have been an item since he was at the academy. PFC would be attractive for him, live at home in Bartley, train locally and I wouldn't think money is a great issue any longer for him as he has had some cracking contracts for the last six years.

I may be wrong about the kids - it was an article in the Snooze some weeks ago - but the point is he surely isn't that rich that if a Champ team are offering him a deal on £5k plus a week, I don't believe he will sign for £2k at Fatpipes Park.

I may be wrong about the kids - it was an article in the Snooze some weeks ago - but the point is he surely isn't that rich that if a Champ team are offering him a deal on £5k plus a week, I don't believe he will sign for £2k at Fatpipes Park.

What would you do if you were him? Sign for a guranteed £5k for the next 3 years, or £2k/weeks for the next year, with the rest deferred and then repaid over the following 4 years after Recent Admin 3

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/new-boy-conor-s-playing-the-name-game-1-4132331

This lad has been down there for 2 whole days and has found the fans (all 4,000 of them!) to be the absolute bestest, bestest, bestest !!

Ps. Will any article (ever) in the Snooze not mention the fans ??

-because the club is circling the drain and Pompey Pravda are struggling to find anything positive to say?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appy-that-s-what-we-could-be-capable-of-doing-1-4131391

saveportsmouthfc

10:02 PM on 05/08/2012

hi Dandog

portsmouth have this plan pcs6 and if balram has fratton park how much would it cost to buy fratton park and area back alot more money millions ? To implement pcs6 and with PST and PCC must win PFC .

who ever thought tax payers would pay for a tower they did .

They would revamp fratton park 40000 sports / concert arena and cinama bowling alley etc etc to bring in income for PCC and PFC i should work for the council and all punters come in via eastney rd as it comes from M27 and LONDON

Can anyone translate that....pmsl

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appy-that-s-what-we-could-be-capable-of-doing-1-4131391

saveportsmouthfc

hi Dandog

portsmouth have this plan pcs6 and if balram has fratton park how much would it cost to buy fratton park and area back alot more money millions ? To implement pcs6 and with PST and PCC must win PFC .

They would revamp fratton park 40000 sports / concert arena and cinama bowling alley etc etc to bring in income for PCC and PFC i should work for the council and all punters come in via eastney rd as it comes from M27 and LONDON

Incoherent ramblings from the bestest I'm afraid

saveportsmouthfc

hi Dandog

:) PMSL x 2 :)

saveportsmouthfc

hi Dandog

I'm not entirely sure, but he seems to be suggesting people would be happy to travel from LONDON to do the following :

Go to a concert - don't they have some HUGE concert venues in LONDON?

Go to the cinema - don't they already have cinemas in LONDON?

Go bowling - don't they have bowling alleys in LONDON?

Watch football - don't they already have an enormous number of much better football clubs in LONDON?

Crazy fool.

I'm not entirely sure, but he seems to be suggesting people would be happy to travel from LONDON to do the following :

Go to a concert - don't they have some HUGE concert venues in LONDON?

Go to the cinema - don't they already have cinemas in LONDON?

Go bowling - don't they have bowling alleys in LONDON?

Watch football - don't they already have an enormous number of much better football clubs in LONDON?

Crazy fool.

Deluded fool

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/march-of-solidarity-to-show-support-for-pompey-1-4132739

Love the spin in this article, not a word on the actual number of fans, which is believed to be about 60ish!

And to show their support, hundreds of them marched through the city centre on Saturday ahead of the club’s pre-season friendly with Bolton, as a show of solidarity.

Marching from the middle of town (where they probably were anyway) to a game they were going to anyway and picking up fans (who were going to the same game) on the way.

That really proves something.

I wonder how much coverage the Echo will give to a march organised by Saints fans to the opening home game this season? I've heard that an estimated 30,000 fans will travel from locations all over the city, including the city centre, the train station, the ferry and bus terminals and numerous car parks, to St Marys to show their support for the club. Surely that march will make front page news, right?

Edited by Torres

Marching from the middle of town (where they probably were anyway) to a game they were going to anyway and picking up fans (who were going to the same game) on the way.

That really proves something.

I wonder how much coverage the Echo will give to a march organised by Saints fans to the opening home game this season? I've heard that an estimated 30,000 fans will travel from locations all over the city, including the city centre, the train station, the ferry and bus terminals and numerous car parks, to St Marys to show their support for the club. Surely that march will make front page news, right?

You've been listening to Barry Glendenning! I completely agree though. It's not a protest.

I don't mean to sound rude but I am sorry I am now finding it virtually impossible to

believe Trevor when he talks about end by dates. There have been so many that if he was

selling food,and kept changing the date on those items like he has with pfc,as that date

came and went he would end up being prosecuted for selling unfit goods. Mind you as far as

I am concerned pfc are also unfit goods now.

You may be right, but with Division 1 starting soon, maybe the August 10th date was imposed by the FL for the return of the golden share.

Anyway, are they saved yet, or is it looking anything like them being saved ? Really cannot be bothered going thru the posts.

You may be right, but with Division 1 starting soon, maybe the August 10th date was imposed by the FL for the return of the golden share.

That's my thinking too. I don't think this deadline, unlike all the others, is totally arbitrary and plucked out the air by Birch. The FL will surely have set them a deadline by which they must provide guarantees that they can complete the season and Birchy knows that without Chinny's purchase being completed he won't be able to satisfy them.