Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I've cut it down to players who actually played (should remove Saganowski in practice too). Yeesh. Players now playing above League One in bold.

1 Kelvin Davis

2 Chris Perry

3 Wayne Thomas

4 Marek Saganowski

5 Jan-Paul Saeijs

7 Rudi Skácel

8 Bradley Wright-Phillips if he still starts for Charlton

10 Paul Wotton

11 Andrew Surman

12 Lee Holmes

15 Jason Euell

16 Romain Gasmi

17 David McGoldrick if he's still playing for Forest

19 Morgan Schneiderlin

20 Adam Lallana

22 Simon Gillett

23 Lloyd James

24 Oliver Lancashire

26 Jake Thomson

28 Bartosz Białkowski

33 Joseph Mills

35 Matthew Paterson

37 Oscar Gobern if he still gets a game for Huddersfield in the Championship

39 Ryan Smith

40 Anthony Pulis

42 Kayne McLaggon

45 Callum McNish

Left during season (loan or otherwise)

9 Grzegorz Rasiak

5 Andrew Davies

14 Stern John

31 Tomáš Pekhart

30 Jack Cork

38 Jordan Robertson

41 Alex Pearce

18 Nathan Dyer

41 Zoltán Lipták

not sure how, but Pekhart is probably above League 1 level and Jospeh Mills

Yep. Sounds like PCC will run a mile if pressed on this loan request. Penny Mordaunt can press against me any time tho'

The Pier bleeds money, but is not a vote winner, the skates bleed money, but saving them will win votes.

Mind you don't get squashed

On the assumption that Chinny accepts, sells the ground with the council lending the money, and TB agrees to the PST taking over - let's just take a quick look at their cashflow for the first 60 days:

Outgoings:

Purchase of Krap Nottarf = £2.75m - £1.5m (loaned by Council confirmed as the max they will lend) = £1.25m

CVA payment = £500k

Players wages = £2.65m /12 = £220k pm x2 = £440k

Non playing staff wages = £1.1m/12 = £92k pm x2 = £184k

Total (so far) = £2,374,000

Ok so what income do they have:

£1000 'shares' = £200k in deposits assuming 75% take up + won't collect remaining monies in the first 2 months = £150k

Associate directors = nothing, they've only just launched this - assume that no-one wanted to put in under the 'share' offer so they've jazzed it up a bit

High Net Worth = £750k (already have £630k in escrow, assume target is reached & this is collected)

Loan = Already factored in to the outgoings

Season ticket sales = 7500 - 400 (lifetime season tickets) = 7100 x £250 = £1.775m

Match day income = 5 home fixtures x 4000 x £20 = £400k

Total income = £3,075,000

So by back of the fag packet maths they should make it, but this relies on them getting all of the season ticket money up front (not sure if that's going to happen as its didn't last time), not sure what income they will have from the league. But they will have other expenditure that I haven't factored in - e.g. how much will it cost to get Krap Nottarf a safety certificate again this year.

The maths looks very, very tight!

Of course this assumes:

Chinny lets go of the ground

Everyone pays up

Kanu's court case doesn't go badly

The council lend them the money (& quickly)

The FL appear to let them get away without paying football creditors 100% of their debt

What could possibly go wrong with this!!

From outgoings the only costs you missed: Employers Liability Insurance, Public Liability Insurance, Private medical, Rates, Electricity, Stewarding, Policing, Travel and Accommodation for away games, coaching staff, medical and rehabilitation staff, training facilities, Employers National Insurance, ground maintenance.

Lol.

Sheer desperation from the news now!

They're so desperate to cling to the bestest fans in the world tag, that they're now putting words into the mouths of players who don't even play for the club!

But I guess this is how history is written down there. They say/print something over and over again and then it becomes accepted as Pompey folklore!

They know they can put whatever they like as BH is not likely to refute it and instantly become public-scaaammer-enemy-no.1.

Afterall, they're only carrying on the 'history writing' for plucky-little-portsMYTH in the same way Dinenage has been doing for the past 30 or 40 years!

What about Gaydamack's secured debt? Didn't he have about £2.5m secured from the last CVA? What happened to this, as no-one is talking about it anymore? Did he take the land in exchange?

Was due to be paid from last/next tranche of PPs. Can't recall for sure which, but I think it was the last.

If it was, don't know that it was paid.

Was due to be paid from last/next tranche of PPs. Can't recall for sure which, but I think it was the last.

If it was, don't know that it was paid.

It's 4 million. It was payable in two, two million payments; One was due in April, the other due in August.

Neither paid to date

It's 4 million. It was payable in two, two million payments; One was due in April, the other due in August.

Neither paid to date

Is that for the land though? Or, is that completely separate? I thought he had £2.5m secured, plus the land which was claimed was worth £4m. He did this deal in exchange for about £20m of debt. I could be confused here. But any figure owed to him is conspicious in its absence...

Is that for the land though? Or, is that completely separate? I thought he had £2.5m secured, plus the land which was claimed was worth £4m. He did this deal in exchange for about £20m of debt. I could be confused here. But any figure owed to him is conspicious in its absence...

Completely separate. This was the secured debt from the first CVA. He owns the land outright

Massive assumption here...

5.3 Ticket sales

In addition, the forecast assumes three cup games (League Cup, FA Cup, Johnstones Paint Trophy), at an average attendance of 10,000, with an average ticket price of £15 (inc VAT), and with Portsmouth FC keeping 45% of the gate revenue.

Not many teams average 10k from home/away games in first round of League Cup, JPT and FA Cup. A 10k figure is extremely optimistic. For a start they are playing Plymouth away in the League Cup, the attendance won't be anywhere near 10k. What if they play small teams in the FA Cup and JPT and/or are away from home at a small stadium?

Massive assumption here...

5.3 Ticket sales

In addition, the forecast assumes three cup games (League Cup, FA Cup, Johnstones Paint Trophy), at an average attendance of 10,000, with an average ticket price of £15 (inc VAT), and with Portsmouth FC keeping 45% of the gate revenue.

Not many teams average 10k from home/away games in first round of League Cup, JPT and FA Cup. A 10k figure is extremely optimistic. For a start they are playing Plymouth away in the League Cup, the attendance won't be anywhere near 10k. What if they play small teams in the FA Cup and JPT and/or are away from home at a small stadium?

Let me get back to you on that. I am actually studying probabability theory/sampling standard error and so on at the moment. I'll run it at a 99% confidence level when I get home.

Let me get back to you on that. I am actually studying probabability theory/sampling standard error and so on at the moment. I'll run it at a 99% confidence level when I get home.

Interesting.

Not wishing to get too technical, but which test are you going to use? Two-tailed or one-tailed version? etc.

Edited by Waterside.saint

Interesting.

Not wishing to get too technical, but which test are you going to use? Two-tailed or one-tailed version? etc.

I would say a 2-tailed test.

Some clubs will have over 20,000 in the 1st round; some less than 1000. (These would be the 2 tails). I would use the clubs average attendance for the 1st round of each competition. Then I think I can accept of reject the 10,000 attendance assumption with 99% confidence.

From outgoings the only costs you missed: Employers Liability Insurance, Public Liability Insurance, Private medical, Rates, Electricity, Stewarding, Policing, Travel and Accommodation for away games, coaching staff, medical and rehabilitation staff, training facilities, Employers National Insurance, ground maintenance.

they are exempt from these by a local by law apparently

Has anyone done calculations on how much it would cost them to start at Moneyfields?

Don't be daft, barely 50000 of the bestest superfans could fit in that venue standing shoulder to shoulder, they'd be leaving 10s of 1000s of their superfans outside in the road, the police would never wear it

On the assumption that Chinny accepts, sells the ground with the council lending the money, and TB agrees to the PST taking over - let's just take a quick look at their cashflow for the first 60 days:

Outgoings:

Purchase of Krap Nottarf = £2.75m - £1.5m (loaned by Council confirmed as the max they will lend) = £1.25m

CVA payment = £500k

Players wages = £2.65m /12 = £220k pm x2 = £440k

Non playing staff wages = £1.1m/12 = £92k pm x2 = £184k

Total (so far) = £2,374,000

Ok so what income do they have:

£1000 'shares' = £200k in deposits assuming 75% take up + won't collect remaining monies in the first 2 months = £150k

Associate directors = nothing, they've only just launched this - assume that no-one wanted to put in under the 'share' offer so they've jazzed it up a bit

High Net Worth = £750k (already have £630k in escrow, assume target is reached & this is collected)

Loan = Already factored in to the outgoings

Season ticket sales = 7500 - 400 (lifetime season tickets) = 7100 x £250 = £1.775m

Match day income = 5 home fixtures x 4000 x £20 = £400k

Total income = £3,075,000

So by back of the fag packet maths they should make it, but this relies on them getting all of the season ticket money up front (not sure if that's going to happen as its didn't last time), not sure what income they will have from the league. But they will have other expenditure that I haven't factored in - e.g. how much will it cost to get Krap Nottarf a safety certificate again this year.

The maths looks very, very tight!

Of course this assumes:

Chinny lets go of the ground

Everyone pays up

Kanu's court case doesn't go badly

The council lend them the money (& quickly)

The FL appear to let them get away without paying football creditors 100% of their debt

What could possibly go wrong with this!!

will it still be the case that ST funding will only be released on a game by game basis? if so it'll be considerably less that 1.775m available

@pn_neil_allen: Dave Kitson has reached a compromise agreement to leave #Pompey. More on http://t.co/WcKZX2ZV soon.

This is brilliant, I think they might actually survive. They'll then have Chinny plundering the PPs for a couple of years and two further years of paying back the players' wage deferrals. So even if they do survive they're aboslutely f*cked for money for at least 4 years, if they last that long (sweepstake for the next administration?)

This is brilliant, I think they might actually survive. They'll then have Chinny plundering the PPs for a couple of years and two further years of paying back the players' wage deferrals. So even if they do survive they're aboslutely f*cked for money for at least 4 years, if they last that long (sweepstake for the next administration?)

Put me down for February 2014

Saving their moribund festering walking dead zombie carcrash of a 'club' is of course all that matters :facepalm:

I wonder when it'll hit them that 'saving' the club in its current guise will be much worse than starting again with a clean slate?

Still, more amusement for us in the short to medium term if they are 'saved'

I wonder when it'll hit them that 'saving' the club in its current guise will be much worse than starting again with a clean slate?

They won't - thick as a ****e that lot.

As to a sweepstake on the next Admin - i'll go for May 2013. They haven't got a pot to ****in other than nottarf krap

They won't - thick as a ****e that lot.

As to a sweepstake on the next Admin - i'll go for May 2013. They haven't got a pot to ****in other than nottarf krap

Its been said before - repeatedly - but I'll say it again: all their options are win-win from our point of view. They die soon, or linger horribly as a warning to all of the ghastly consequences of failing to live within ones means. Its all good :)

I appreciate the facepalm is enough and says it all.... but is he really that fricken stupid? There wa sme thinking that competitiveness was something you worked towards from the ground up as and when you could afford to do so... not a right' date=' especially for a club that gained EXTRA competitiveness it could not afford for 7 years and screwed people of of 100mil in teh process... maybe I am missing something?[/quote']

Just catching up on posts. One thing that strikes me is the lack of confidence in Appleton's own ability to either coach or get the best out of the team. You may as well save on his wages and get the tea lady to run the team if they want to get experience champ/league one players in to form a team.

What the **** does he add? Certainly nothing based on last season with a relegation under his belt with a decent squad.

The thing is, would that definitely work? Say a club goes into admin in September and they're relegated; what's the point in continuing at 100% if you're already down? It could become a bit of a farce. -10 ensures clubs remain competitive throughout the bulk of the season; but also allow for clubs to effectively avoid punishment. I know the current system doesn't work, but also its tough to say what the alternative should be.

Automatic relegation, but to avoid the team not putting in 100% each game, have the proviso that if they finish in the relegation spot anyway, they go down two divisions.

Simples. :D

Brian (Howard), you are a pro but also a Saint. You know what to do....

That's right, Brian. String Voldemort along for as long as possible, and then bail out at the very last moment. :D

Hmm, I can see LL coming to an agreement as well, but TBH? Unlikely I was suggest.

Handy Andy is now his "agent", and I hear police are still investigating the disappearance of his former agent, Pini Zahavi. :uhoh:

Finally, I'd like to dedicate this mug (see what I did there) to each of the players who have reached "compromises" with Trevor/Chinny.

blitheringidiotmug_9m10.jpg

Liam lawrence is being offered a new contract to stay.they will bring in Ward from Millwall and the reading keeper.

3.5 million budget for next season.Chanarai to take over ready for the PST to take over.

Wondering why a promising keeper wants to go there? It's the same old WBA link, where the keeper's agent Simon Miotto worked with Appy...

Judging by a lot of the comments on the News web site and elsewhere, it never, ever will. Sure, they'll get to watch their club suffer a long, lingering decline - and quite possibly die altogether after some time - but it will always be somebody else's fault. It could be the Football League, the players, Chainrai, the council, even the trust should they succeed (unlikely in the extreme, but you never know - Phil's thoughts on that could have legs I think) - but it will never be the club itself or the wonderful fans, renowned worldwide as the best there are or have ever been.

The capacity of some Pompey fans for self delusion seems almost limitless; you only have to read FMPR's recent posts on here to see that. They are, it seems, capable of justifying anything, believing anything, and questioning nothing - as long as what they're being told feeds into the popular myths.

not sure how, but Pekhart is probably above League 1 level and Jospeh Mills

Mills is on loan at Burnley after playing 1/4 of Reading's matches last season, he's a borderline case, and anyway, as another academy product he's irrelevant to the discussion - they don't have any academy players to step up and save them.

As for Pekhart, he just doesn't count as a Saints player that season full stop (even though he's playing in the Bundesliga for 1.FC Nuremberg). ;)

POL particularly entertaining at the moment they seen obsessed with finding reds under the beds and banning them. Although from what I can see they are banning quite a few Skate posters as well. I suppose they call that collateral damage. I think GM has tipped pompeyscott over the edge.

wonder how the creditors getting 4p in the pound feel about stories that tehy will ave '3.5 mil kitty' for next season.. presumes thats transfers in AND wages, but knowing the DCSBs it would not surprize me if that is 1 player transfer fee... justified on teh ground that they can always sell thenm and recoup the value... after having shelled out x mil on a 4 year contract and not paid the tax man.... the pipe fat clearer or the local childrens hospice....

POL particularly entertaining at the moment they seen obsessed with finding reds under the beds and banning them. Although from what I can see they are banning quite a few Skate posters as well. I suppose they call that collateral damage. I think GM has tipped pompeyscott over the edge.

Mass hysteria. From Wikipedia: sound familiar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria

"Blackburn, England (1965) - In October 1965 at a girls' school in Blackburn, several girls complained of dizziness. Some fainted. Within a couple of hours, 85 girls from the school were rushed by ambulance to a nearby hospital after fainting. Symptoms included swooning, moaning, chattering of teeth, hyperpnea, and tetany.

A medical analysis of the event about one year later found that outbreaks began among the 14-year-olds, but that the heaviest incidence moved to the youngest age groups. There was no evidence of pollution of food or air. The younger girls proved more susceptible, but disturbance was more severe and lasted longer in the older girls. Using the Eysenck Personality Inventory, those affected had higher scores for extroversion and neuroticism. It was considered that the epidemic was hysterical, that a previous polio epidemic had rendered the population emotionally vulnerable, and that a three-hour parade, producing 20 faints on the day before the first outbreak, had been the specific trigger"