Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

POL particularly entertaining at the moment they seen obsessed with finding reds under the beds and banning them. Although from what I can see they are banning quite a few Skate posters as well. I suppose they call that collateral damage. I think GM has tipped pompeyscott over the edge.

I think I've not just been banned but IP banned, I can't even get back in on the mayhem.

POL particularly entertaining at the moment they seen obsessed with finding reds under the beds and banning them. Although from what I can see they are banning quite a few Skate posters as well. I suppose they call that collateral damage. I think GM has tipped pompeyscott over the edge.

I think I've not just been banned but IP banned, I can't even get back in on the mayhem.

Best to let them blow themselves out, probably

The status of Kitson.

1/8/12 - useless ginger villain, greedy moneygrabbing ba$tard who has brought the club to its knees.

2/8/12 - plucky battling hero, doing the right thing, a pompey legend.

1/8/14 - a gullible idiot still waiting to see a single penny of his 'settlement'.

Meanwhile Fortress Ben Haim stands firm, supported by Kanu's legal case, that is hanging over Birch's head like a flimsy paper bag full of steaming pig ****.

The status of Kitson.

1/8/12 - useless ginger villain, greedy moneygrabbing ba$tard who has brought the club to its knees.

2/8/12 - plucky battling hero, doing the right thing, a pompey legend.

1/8/14 - a gullible idiot still waiting to see a single penny of his 'settlement'.

Meanwhile Fortress Ben Haim stands firm, supported by Kanu's legal case, that is hanging over Birch's head like a flimsy paper bag full of steaming pig ****.

Fortress TBH - love it :D

Oh & I think you mean 'useless ginger villain, greedy moneygrabbing ba$£ard who has brought the club to its knees.'

Edited by Waterside.saint

He he.....not found me yet

is that the highly technical screening process they have implemented ?

any one with a SO postcode is a "SCUMMMMER !!! " so must be banned ! :lol:

'Paranoid as hell' and 'witch hunt' spring to mind.

But like robespierre and the reign of terror at the moment.

Best to let them blow themselves out, probably

You know I too am an admin on POL don't you ?

I know you guys keep going on about how if the trust take over we might well end up in the conf south etc etc - but if the trust can stave away another admin I don't care what div we are in as long as we have a club. to be honest with what has gone on, the fact we will be well below you in the pecking order really doesn't matter considering whats happened

I know you guys keep going on about how if the trust take over we might well end up in the conf south etc etc - but if the trust can stave away another admin I don't care what div we are in as long as we have a club. to be honest with what has gone on, the fact we will be well below you in the pecking order really doesn't matter considering whats happened

The trouble is, if you get relegated straight away, that's cutting even more into the trust's (already very optimistic) financial figures. One of the trust's stated conditions for taking over is staying at least at league 1 level for a minimum of three seasons.

As ever, it's the finances that still don't add up, and getting relegated would probably mean that the trust DON'T stave off another admin.

As long as you have a CLEAN club I'd agree with you.

Still not sure that will be possible though

But if having a club is the most important then wouldn't it be better for the trust to start a phoenix club without all the unwelcome luggage? In other words, is staving off an admin really the most important?

I can't see HMRC allowing themselves to be a creditor again. Speaking to a very wealthy businessman today he was telling me about a huge aquisition his company made and they claimed the VAT back on costs. This was a large sum and HMRC are being "ruthless" in their investigations before paying their claim. In my miniscule business, HMRC have been so agressive when we were one day (twice) late with our VAT payments that we have now decided to pay VAT and PAYE several days before the due date to make sure.

HMRC does seem to be airbrushed from PST financial forecasts.

Treat them the same as other businesses, liquidation has to happen.

Brilliantly my skate flat mate got banned from POL without warning. Probably something to do with us using the same laptop.

Bless 'em

I can see they have a problem authenticating genuine skates.

Maybe they could do with something biometric, e.g. you have to fail an IQ test or prove yourself unable to distinguish fact from fantasy

I wonder what reaction would be from the football world should they survive and end up in admin again within the next few years?

Probably the same as now - nothing. The other clubs just don't seem to care as far as I read.Of course

I expect they are taking notes in case their situation gets a small bit like pimpey. :D

I can see they have a problem authenticating genuine skates.

Maybe they could do with something biometric, e.g. you have to fail an IQ test or prove yourself unable to distinguish fact from fantasy

Fingerprint scanner - put all 6 fingers on your left hand against the screen to get an account?

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appleton-sends-out-pompey-youth-warning-1-4124222

"Michael Appleton has warned Pompey cannot afford to rely on their youngsters in League One.

He said: ‘Let’s be absolutely, completely blunt.

‘If we are going into the season with kids, there is only one thing that is going to happen, end of story.

‘No-one can blame them and expect any different but let’s just get real for one second.

‘They need massive, massive help and they need time. They are not ready for this type of football at all – as in the amount of numbers we are talking about.

‘Two or three might come through to be part of an experienced team and a team that can be successful – but certainly not seven, eight or nine of them.

‘If they are lucky enough to get a few minutes here, a few minutes there, then all of a sudden a couple of them are lucky enough to get a start, then great.

‘We must all realise, though, the kids are not going to be the answer in making sure Portsmouth have a really competitive season."

:facepalm:

I was passing this on to a Pompey fan as a big facepalm article, but re-reading it, I'm not so sure anymore...

At first, I read it as the usual plea to the FL about competitiveness. But reading the headline and text, there is no clear recipient for the article - it's just "Appleton sends out Pompey youth warning", Michael Appleton has warned Pompey cannot afford to rely on their youngsters in League One. etc. It then goes on to be more directly aimed at Pompey supporters.

Re-reading it, I don't think it's aimed at the FL - I'm quite sure it's just a way to manage expectation from the Pompey fans (and maybe put pressure on whoever takes over). Now it's out there: Appy reckons the current squad will fail, so when it happens, it's not his fault. His hero status will be intact even though he brings them another relegation...

In that light it's not so much a facepalm article, just the usual news from Appy's warped dimension...

I was passing this on to a Pompey fan as a big facepalm article, but re-reading it, I'm not so sure anymore...

At first, I read it as the usual plea to the FL about competitiveness. But reading the headline and text, there is no clear recipient for the article - it's just "Appleton sends out Pompey youth warning", Michael Appleton has warned Pompey cannot afford to rely on their youngsters in League One. etc. It then goes on to be more directly aimed at Pompey supporters.

Re-reading it, I don't think it's aimed at the FL - I'm quite sure it's just a way to manage expectation from the Pompey fans (and maybe put pressure on whoever takes over). Now it's out there: Appy reckons the current squad will fail, so when it happens, it's not his fault. His hero status will be intact even though he brings them another relegation...

In that light it's not so much a facepalm article, just the usual news from Appy's warped dimension...

Some have referred to it as The Land That Time Forgot, or more recently The Island of Dr Moreau. In any case, some kind of delusional illness seems to afflict many of the people there resulting in symptoms that are all too familiar to dispassionate observers in the world outside

but if the trust can stave away another admin

But Mero, the whole point is that none of us see how on earth they can. There's enough people on here with business experience at different levels, and one thing I reckon they'd all say is that the trust is severely undercapitalised, even without all the baggage and the unquantified nature of so many of the issues. They've got a To Do list, and they can't tick off any of the items because each one has so many contingencies, unknowns and associated crocks of ****. Their budget is unrealistic and idealistic in the extreme even if everything went as planned.

Whoever said you'd be better off with a clean phoenix club was right, in my opinion.

Considering the results of their Gibraltar trip resulted in what ? heavy defeats by a bunch of part-timers and Brighton is it any wonder Appy is looking to manage expectations down a notch or two ? Consider also these trialists were the players Appy had been lining up for some time and you have what ? An inexperienced coach looking to pull a squad together and not having the nous or contacts to do it. Seriously, some have said he's free to do whatever & his reputation will be untouched, but the longer he sticks with pompey & the longer he's the one making the decisions then mud will stick. Time's ripe for Appy to walk & I reckon that'll add a new little twist to the tale for them.

All well and good but the "if" gives me the feeling you are not sure yourself? I think the trust will just lurch along and finally go back into admin. You lot will then have to go through this again - a lot of your lot will give up going (as they already have) and you will not come out of the next one. In one way its quite sad to see after all if your club were a dog it would have been put down for humane reasons a long time ago. If I were you I'd give it up TBH - start a pheonix club - one that all of pompey can get behind instead of battering them into submission by constant admins etc etc.

And yet you're still allowed here, tolerated even....mocked certainly but I'm sure you'd expect the latter by showing your colours on here!

I can empathise with the feeling of being grateful just to have a club to support, we got lucky sure but I didn't ever have to face the dilemma of knowing that my club had cheated it's way to success by effectively robbing every category and sector of the local, footballing and taxpaying community.

I can't be objectively certain but I can't help feeling that I'd have found the dregs so unpalatable that I would have wanted a fresh, untainted start.

I wonder how many of the blokes who have pledged the 1000 Pounds actually talked about

it to their partners first? I also wonder how many are bricking it just in case they are asked

for said money and their partners don't know anything about it yet?

I am still slightly confident that they will get to Friday 17th announce they have a major problem,

ask for a postponement and then pack it all in on Monday 20th. Oh yes I mean 2012.

I wonder how many of the blokes who have pledged the 1000 Pounds actually talked about

it to their partners first? I also wonder how many are bricking it just in case they are asked

for said money and their partners don't know anything about it yet?

I am still slightly confident that they will get to Friday 17th announce they have a major problem,

ask for a postponement and then pack it all in on Monday 20th. Oh yes I mean 2012.

If they can find £1000 spare cash in these times then good luck to them! I'm flippin' sure I couldn't

I'm pretty sure that even after the compromise agreements the player debt taken forward is going to exceed £2m and that is the PST stopping point at the moment, even forgetting the pledge to cash issue and begging bowl to Portsmouth Council.

Mero are you not a bit embarrased about the banning. personally i have no interest in visiting other teams sites but if you are banning just because they are Saints it i a bit pathetic. Dont forget what we put up with when you were on top, and your fans were not banned.

Mero are you not a bit embarrased about the banning. personally i have no interest in visiting other teams sites but if you are banning just because they are Saints it i a bit pathetic. Dont forget what we put up with when you were on top, and your fans were not banned.

But it's their forum, their rules. That's fair enough - nobody says that they have to allow other fans on their board if they don't want them.

It just demonstrates that they're unable to have civilised discussions or banter without their knuckle draggers getting ferociously angry and upset. Or their board owner going off in a huff...

But it's their forum, their rules. That's fair enough - nobody says that they have to allow other fans on their board if they don't want them.

It just demonstrates that they're unable to have civilised discussions or banter without their knuckle draggers getting ferociously angry and upset. Or their board owner going off in a huff...

Yep this. They seem to have a completely overwhelming hatred of the "fackin scummas" and just erupt and start foaming at the mouth when a Saints fan pops up. Its utterly childish, but a rather dark mentality they have. Quite funny really to see how fragile they are to it, but there you go, like you say its their forum and their rules.

i agree but Mero comes on here telling us he is an admin and doesnt see the hypocrisy of banning saints but then wishing to come and put his propaganda on here. Iam not against the sensible ones like Mero , mack etc who in the main are decent and whilst anti us, still show some humour and respect.

i agree but Mero comes on here telling us he is an admin and doesnt see the hypocrisy of banning saints but then wishing to come and put his propaganda on here. Iam not against the sensible ones like Mero , mack etc who in the main are decent and whilst anti us, still show some humour and respect.

During one of my previous incarnations as a teacher I used to work with EBD youths - kids who were often already well-known to the police & usually one short step away from a secure unit or prison. One of the things I learned very quickly was that the ability to tolerate uncertainty was in short supply with them, and lack of that capacity had landed them where they were - i.e. if they didn't know where they were with you there'd be real trouble very soon. I sometimes wonder if some of our friends on POL are like that - lacking, perhaps, the emotional maturity to cope with change.