Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

it ain't rocket science.

Parachute Payments are to assist with wages when a club loses Premier League status.

pompey still owe players' wages because instead of addressing their debts they spent this FREE £48M rescue fund on carrier bags of shiny stuff from Lidl.

So the players are still football creditors.

Failure to pay football creditors in full loses you The Golden Share.

The players have already saved pompey's skin once by agreeing not to be paid in full.

So it's very simple - this new Trust masterplan of hijacking the money earmarked for debt sees them heading directly to non-league, leaving a further and fresh trail of debt in their wake.

I see no reason for the PFA or the players to negotiate down again.

I see no reason for the Premier League not to direct money straight to football creditors.

I don't see the PDT getting their hands on this money, just as they wouldn't expect Chanrai to get his hands on it.

They definitely want one rule for The Trust and another for Chinny.

As for Penny, if she's going to drag her fat ar$e around the Commons and wave her podgy hand in the air, the least she could do when she gets the chance is address some important issues.

Look at me, vote for me, I'm on TV, get me in the paper, bring me another sticky bun!

Shamless self-promotion.

And Cameron? - don't tell me, 'yes a polo-playing friend of mine supports the old blues, it's a tragedy for the many lovely spectators, I love soccerball at the Fratton Arena, it's marvellous - by the way, I've just shut your dockyard'.

@solentsport: Issue is that Keith Harris bid has offered to pay the PFA money owed to players quicker than PST, so administrators duty bound to look at it

Aka...stalemate....love it... :)

So now PKF are still considering the Harris bid, despite that FL statement? Whoops. :lol:

I thought that too, but there were some weasel words to the effect that negotiations over minor aspects or details of the conditions could be delegated to officers/council leader. Calling this minor or a detail is ludicrous of course, but not in pompey language.

I haven't got it here with me in the office, it's on my tablet at home, but from memory the words are that the delegated officers (CEO & Council solicitor) have to go back to the council if any of the details increase the Council's risk in any way.

So now PKF are still considering the Harris bid, despite that FL statement? Whoops. :lol:

Quite ,so that must mean that PKF are considering selling to Harris, even though that would lose them the golden share.

Did Harris not make retaining the share a condition of his bid? If not, he could end up with a club that has no league to play in!

This beats any sopa opera I've ever seen. More twists than a bent corkscrew!

Quite ,so that must mean that PKF are considering selling to Harris, even though that would lose them the golden share.

Did Harris not make retaining the share a condition of his bid? If not, he could end up with a club that has no league to play in!

This beats any sopa opera I've ever seen. More twists than a bent corkscrew!

Why would he do that if, as many are suggesting, he's simply a trojan horse bid for Chainrai?

Wondered what the twitter reaction would be to this, and found:

Olly Birch‏@ollybirchpfc

Andy and guy took the time to shake all the fans hands and thank them for coming all this way #decent

Shook the hands of the entire away following? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bruce_forsythe_normal.jpgTrousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

@Lord_Palmerston @PennyMordauntMP Either way, one can hardly criticise an organisation for sticking up for its members #thatswhytheyexist

palmerston1_normal.jpgLord Palmerston ‏@Lord_Palmerston

@Lord_Trousers @PennyMordauntMP The PFA have made it more, not less, likely that their members would get nothing at all from this admin.

palmerston1_normal.jpgLord Palmerston ‏@Lord_Palmerston

@Lord_Trousers @PennyMordauntMP Had PFA recognised their privileged position and been more ready to compromise, everyone would be better off

bruce_forsythe_normal.jpgTrousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

@Lord_Palmerston @PennyMordauntMP I thought they'd already compromised (twice)?

And the point they are utterly missing is that the PFA is a union. Show weakness here and they will have given away negotiation leverage for the next time and the next time. And would expect the PFA has some kind of insurance scheme that will ensure the individual players are not impacted by the negotiation.

Same reason HMRC will not accept 99p in the pound, and would rather petition for winding up.

But anyway I thought the bid was fully funded? What's the problem?

Hmmmmmmmmmm If the PFA are undermining the bid as penny says........... My interpretation would be that the pst want to reduce payments to the football creditors or split it over a period of time. They want the parachute money

can't be much parachute money left to get, 6 million £ would it be ? A drop in the ocean when you consider what they owe. They'd be better off to drop out of the league altogether and have no constraints whilst they rebuild. Can't be much difference between top(ish) level non-league and league 2, probably less travelling expenses as well.

They'd be better off to drop out of the league altogether and have no constraints whilst they rebuild.

You know that. I know that. Old Mr Stupid from Stupidshire knows that. Just need to convince the head in sand brigade down the road though... #bloodoutofastone

can't be much parachute money left to get, 6 million £ would it be ? A drop in the ocean when you consider what they owe. They'd be better off to drop out of the league altogether and have no constraints whilst they rebuild. Can't be much difference between top(ish) level non-league and league 2, probably less travelling expenses as well.

But could non-league football cope with the travelling Pompey army? I mean, how many grounds in the Blue Square South could cope with the kind of away following they took to Hartlepool, for example?

Oh yeah, that's right - all of them. :lol:

200px-Pukka_Pies_normal.jpgAdam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

For those criticising my belief that footballers should be paid no more than other creditors, stop being one-eyed about it - it's about more than inter-club rivalry; people's livelihood's have and are being lost - people who can't afford to do a deal, like well-off players

But so far NONE of the creditors have been paid, so currently the footballers have received exactly the same as all the rest.

For those criticising my belief that footballers should be paid no more than other creditors, stop being one-eyed about it - it's about more than inter-club rivalry; people's livelihood's have and are being lost - people who can't afford to do a deal, like well-off players

what a silly quote and not all players are highly paid.

Another week before a date is even set. Cutting it very fine to get sorted by the end of the season and guarantee keeping the golden share.

Yep. It's a crying shame, isn't it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... wipes eyes ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .... breathes in .... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now he goes on about the Football Creditors Rule?

NOW?

How farking hypocritical is THAT!

Let me get this right.....Super/bestest fans buyout of Pompey:rolleyes:

They do not want to pay any of their creditors .....including the departed footballers.

Free travel and hotel accomodation.

Exempt from paying tax.

Exempt from any other debts...Free training grounds and fascilities

The stadium to be gifted them by Chinny...

Other than that they are ready to go ahead with the buyout.:D

Forgot........To keep the dosh when they have sold the away ticket allocation.

To keep all the monies collected for charity..

HNW .................... SHOW ME THE COLOUR OF YOUR MONEY:p

Edited by ottery st mary

I said hello to a Hartlepool supporting friend of mine this morning. He said he went to the game last night and was absolutely gutted 'pool didn't win the game as they wasted chance after chance after chance.

He said (and he's a level-headed bloke) Hartlepool should have won 4 or 5-0, and Pompey were one of the worst teams he's ever seen play in over 30 years of going to football matches. His mate reckons his pub side could beat them and they'd do well to stay up in League 2 next season judging by what he saw.

There is no point trying to argue with those kind of people as they will never get it.

The thing is though if it is the PFA that have got the delay due to wanting to be paid quicker, surely it doesn't matter as the FA/FL have said that they are not interested in other bids now? Anyone other then the PST won't get the golden share?

All Trev has to tell them is that there is nothing he can do. If he sells to Harris the club is expelled. They won't get paid if there are no games being played.

Shouldn't need a delay to tell them the offer was rejected and as they have a CVA they have already agreed they can't do anything about it.

Backs up the Trojan Horse observation (surprise surprise)...as if we ever needed proof...

So let me just summarise that for you:

Pascal Najadi recently formed a company with Boiko days after Portpin were spurned as a bidder.

Boiko has been a recent co-director of two companies with Dubov.

Boiko resigns from one of those companies be replaced by his and Pascal Najadi’s company.

That company is one of Conversbanks’ private finance arms.

So Pascal is effectively on the board of one of Conversbanks Private Finance Arms. When Pascal takes his turn to sit at the boardroom table he will be looking across at Roman Dubov of Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI).

And now, suddenly, Pascal wants to buy Pompey, with Keith Harris who sold it to Dubov, on behalf of Portpin, who are the chargeholder over both Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI) and Pompey.

Dear PTS posters.

Stop getting knickers in a twist about the Golden Share.

TB is legally bound to sell "The Club" to the highest bidder that returns MONEY to CREDITORS.

He has NO legal right to worry about a Golden Share UNLESS it is worth more with a share than without.

The ONLY value of the carcass of pcfc (insert year) is the land.

The land is worth MORE without the club (Tesco) that WITH the club. Ergo the Golden Share is WORTHLESS to anyone except the PDT

We HAVE been pointing this out for some time. The FL just made it much easier (and funnier)

They won't get paid if there are no games being played.

This isn't necessarily true, IMO.

While the Premier League may say "we won't pay out if there's no club to pay the money to", I'm sure they'd be rather keen to keep the PFA (and potentially some of the PL's member clubs) onside by distributing what's owed to them out of the parachute payment they no longer need to pay.

Not sure how PST can say that PFA members wil get diddly if pompey go into liquidation - I thought the PPs would go traight to PFA in that case anyway?

So obvious that for the PST bid to work they need to get the PP payments as cash - to underwrite the Council loan (possibly why coucil solicitor is requiring adjournment as risk has increased if PFA not going to gove up PPs)... in effect using some to buy stadum and some as operating cash with football creditors being paid a reduced amount on a reduced amount for them to survive....

Now correct me if I am wrong, but surely whether the football creditors accept less once, twice or 3 times should be irrelevent. The SPIRIT of the rule is they should be paid in FULL. Because those players who turned up at pompey gave them an unfair competitive advantage and would not have turned out for pompey had they known what little worth their contracts were - even if they agree to now acept 40-60% it should make feck all difference, They still benefitted from players who would not have signed under the current compromise. players better than their competition was able to afford and all we hear is this constant frickin bleating about how unfair it all is.... THAT is why I have no sympathy, they simply DO NOT get it - This can only lead to the conclusion that they really ARE ALL thick as shiedt down that way - because its not jsut jingoistic fans, but 'journo's, MPs and councilors... none of whom have demanded that the simple acknowledgemnet, that if they want to come out of this with any integrity, they MUST frst stop trying to constantly get away with not paying anyone.... they have done thsi for the last 5-6 years and look where its got them... how the feck can that fat MP say those things... complete lack of integrity.... fits right in with that crowd donw there.

Dear PTS posters.

Stop getting knickers in a twist about the Golden Share.

TB is legally bound to sell "The Club" to the highest bidder that returns MONEY to CREDITORS.

He has NO legal right to worry about a Golden Share UNLESS it is worth more with a share than without.

The ONLY value of the carcass of pcfc (insert year) is the land.

The land is worth MORE without the club (Tesco) that WITH the club. Ergo the Golden Share is WORTHLESS to anyone except the PDT

We HAVE been pointing this out for some time. The FL just made it much easier (and funnier)

Yes he does. He can also give consideration to the future viability of company and one other part that I cant remember - Which basically negates to a certain extent, the need for go for the highest amount to creditors. Whilst his primary objective will be to always be to get the best possible deal for the creditors, he does have other parameters to work around.

Not sure how PST can say that PFA members wil get diddly if pompey go into liquidation - I thought the PPs would go traight to PFA in that case anyway?

So obvious that for the PST bid to work they need to get the PP payments as cash - to underwrite the Council loan (possibly why coucil solicitor is requiring adjournment as risk has increased if PFA not going to gove up PPs)... in effect using some to buy stadum and some as operating cash with football creditors being paid a reduced amount on a reduced amount for them to survive....

Now correct me if I am wrong, but surely whether the football creditors accept less once, twice or 3 times should be irrelevent. The SPIRIT of the rule is they should be paid in FULL. Because those players who turned up at pompey gave them an unfair competitive advantage and would not have turned out for pompey had they known what little worth their contracts were - even if they agree to now acept 40-60% it should make feck all difference, They still benefitted from players who would not have signed under the current compromise. players better than their competition was able to afford and all we hear is this constant frickin bleating about how unfair it all is.... THAT is why I have no sympathy, they simply DO NOT get it - This can only lead to the conclusion that they really ARE ALL thick as shiedt down that way - because its not jsut jingoistic fans, but 'journo's, MPs and councilors... none of whom have demanded that the simple acknowledgemnet, that if they want to come out of this with any integrity, they MUST frst stop trying to constantly get away with not paying anyone.... they have done thsi for the last 5-6 years and look where its got them... how the feck can that fat MP say those things... complete lack of integrity.... fits right in with that crowd donw there.

Wow Frank could see how het up you were getting by the frequency of your transpositions near the end :D

This isn't necessarily true, IMO.

While the Premier League may say "we won't pay out if there's no club to pay the money to", I'm sure they'd be rather keen to keep the PFA (and potentially some of the PL's member clubs) onside by distributing what's owed to them out of the parachute payment they no longer need to pay.

For the sake of a few million quid, which is in some way chicken feed to the PL, I can't see why the PL wouldn't do the PFA "a favour".

DP, As i underestood it, the Administrators role is to first see if there is a viable way of keeping the company going. That task obviously involves getting agreement from creditors on how much in the pound they would settle on and over what timescale - because in theory, keeping the business as a going concern should be the best deal for creditors lobg term.... however as you point out, if the creditors have no interest in the business as a going concern and just want their money, then liquidation is the best option if assets are available to give them a better deal than any purchase... problem for creditors is that there are only 2 real assetts -the PPs and Fratton park land. The PPs as he will see, are all spoken for for the football creditors and Fratton has Chinneys charge, so for the non secured creditors the best deal IS a takeover even if its 500k amongst the lot of them as on liquidation they would get nothing - but chinney and most likely the Footballl creditors would get whats theirs direct from the PP via the PFA...

Maybe the biggest irony in all this is that Chinney is actually saving them... its only because he is owed 18 mil and not say 3 mil that they are still going, becaus ehe wants his money back, and the best way for that to happen is for FP to be used as a ground he paid 1mil a year rent for 15 years or so, or b) its flattenend and sold for redevelopment. At the moment redevelopment is not an option so he's holding out...and we have the court case...

Wow Frank could see how het up you were getting by the frequency of your transpositions near the end :D

:D... I know , I know, must calm down... to be fair my typing is pretty pants anyway because of RA in hands, but you are correct... the fact that they are too STUPID to get it , I can sort of understand...its the resultant bleating for sympathy that winds me up good and proper.

For the sake of a few million quid, which is in some way chicken feed to the PL, I can't see why the PL wouldn't do the PFA "a favour".

And if anything it makes their life easier - it draws a line under a situation they probably thought they'd washed their hands of as soon as Pompey were relegated.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})