Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

this will confuse you...

Mike Hanc.ck, MP for Portsmouth South.

He said: ‘I hope the trust gets the loan.

‘As long as the money is used to protect patient care and planned operations go ahead, then it is good.

‘The trust is carrying so much debt at the moment that money should be used for patient care, and not bailing out the administration there.’

Penny Mordaunt, MP for Portsmouth North, said the trust needs to bring in more income, like others have.

So if the council intend to loan money locally perhaps they should look at QA Hospital that is having to beg central government for a loan - this follows on from a cancer ward being closed due to tax cuts.

In all of the criminality surrounding pfc, for me this is the worst aspect.

pompey made the decision to withold tax and spend it on players, and 99% of fans made the decision to celebrate this act.

Shortly after the taxman suffered Shafting 1, cuts were imposed on local NHS services.

Though it was just unfortunate timing, you could link the unpaid tax money to the NHS cuts, and of course the ridiculous wages paid to heroes like Liam Lawrence and Dave Kitson.

Not the players' fault in any way, it was club policy to ignore tax bills and use the money for wages - but the cuts continue, and still the taxman awaits our money from Shafting I and Shafting II.

Meanwhile MPs try to juggle all voters and in doing so they offer full support to a company that has not only traded insolvently and illegally, but has done serious damage to local businesses and services.

If my club had ripped off the taxman and spent it on overpaid players I would feel very uncomfortable.

Football is only a game, I'd put my family's health before anything else, even if I was a politician.

Yes Penny, keep cheering the club on, pretend there is no link, in fact peddle the theory that you can help save the club from the criminals, and that everything that went before was really bad.

Apart from the cup win of course, that was okay, it was just the funding of it that was illegal - but gloss over that bit.

The spin continues and crimes are swept under the carpet.

And that's where we are until Mr Hall's rather selective research turns closer to home and we find out more about the big hitters behind the Trust and their business histories.

But that won't happen, because the only local journalist to point at the potless elephant in the room thus far has been shouted down.

The Trust is good, every alternative is bad - this is the message that the few are supposed to lap up without question, as they have for the last ten years.

I'd like to think that they might question some of the spin, but I expect the majority to stand around and applaud whatever they are told to applaud.

Tis the pompey way.

£4m in August, with the last £4m to follow at a later date.

Robust business plans really can make your money go so much further..

Because PFC brings £300m to the local economy each and every season.. :lol:

I'm pretty sure Feb is penultimate and Aug is the last. That is if there is any payment at all, because of the £8m+ football creditors still outstanding.

this will confuse you...

‘As long as the money is used to protect patient care and planned operations go ahead, then it is good.

‘The trust is carrying so much debt at the moment that money should be used for patient care, and not bailing out the administration there.’

Penny Mordaunt, MP for Portsmouth North, said the trust needs to bring in more income, like others have.

So if the council intend to loan money locally perhaps they should look at QA Hospital that is having to beg central government for a loan - this follows on from a cancer ward being closed due to tax cuts.

pompey made the decision to withold tax and spend it on players, and 99% of fans made the decision to celebrate this act.

Shortly after the taxman suffered Shafting 1, cuts were imposed on local NHS services.

Though it was just unfortunate timing, you could link the unpaid tax money to the NHS cuts, and of course the ridiculous wages paid to heroes like Liam Lawrence and Dave Kitson.

Not the players' fault in any way, it was club policy to ignore tax bills and use the money for wages - but the cuts continue, and still the taxman awaits our money from Shafting I and Shafting II.

Meanwhile MPs try to juggle all voters and in doing so they offer full support to a company that has not only traded insolvently and illegally, but has done serious damage to local businesses and services.

If my club had ripped off the taxman and spent it on overpaid players I would feel very uncomfortable.

Football is only a game, I'd put my family's health before anything else, even if I was a politician.

Yes Penny, keep cheering the club on, pretend there is no link, in fact peddle the theory that you can help save the club from the criminals, and that everything that went before was really bad.

Apart from the cup win of course, that was okay, it was just the funding of it that was illegal - but gloss over that bit.

And that's where we are until Mr Hall's rather selective research turns closer to home and we find out more about the big hitters behind the Trust and their business histories.

But that won't happen, because the only local journalist to point at the potless elephant in the room thus far has been shouted down.

The Trust is good, every alternative is bad - this is the message that the few are supposed to lap up without question, as they have for the last ten years.

I'd like to think that they might question some of the spin, but I expect the majority to stand around and applaud whatever they are told to applaud.

Tis the pompey way.

In fairness, Penny is saying that the trust should raise more money by themselves. (according to the quotes you supply)

Mike Hancock is saying that the trust should be given the loan? Whilst stating that local hospitals need money..

Or have I totally mis read your quites, if so I apoligie

I'm pretty sure Feb is penultimate and Aug is the last. That is if there is any payment at all, because of the £8m+ football creditors still outstanding.

The payment due this week (I believe) is the second half of season 3, with two payments (August and February) due next season as part of season 4 parachute payments.

No idea whether there's any agreement with the Premier League to automatically divert some, all or none of that money to football creditors before it touches the club's bank account though.

In fairness, Penny is saying that the trust should raise more money by themselves. (according to the quotes you supply)

Mike Hancock is saying that the trust should be given the loan? Whilst stating that local hospitals need money..

Both Hancock and Mordaunt were talking about the Queen Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, I believe.

this will confuse you...

Tis the pompey way.

i like the guy and can understand why he wants to bring the game back to the fans and its roots rather than be playthings for the super rich and hes better than the guy who writes pompey storys for the news.

The payment due this week (I believe) is the second half of season 3, with two payments (August and February) due next season as part of season 4 parachute payments.

No idea whether there's any agreement with the Premier League to automatically divert some, all or none of that money to football creditors before it touches the club's bank account though.

I'm not arguing because I don't know, but the last figures given I think showed only about £8m, if that, left outstanding. Your way there would be £12m outstanding.

Were due £11.7m of parachute payments, though some of that I think is already in the club account

But didn't they have the first few payments before they were due (whilst still in the PL) because they were in such dire straits.

Which means that the February payment will be the last?

I'm sure that the PL agreed to pay early to save the bad publicity of a PL club being liquidated.

Edited by Trader

I've just had a look at the April 2012 PKF statement and they estimated they still had £14m due less c.£5m in outstanding football creditors plus a further £1.6m in future transfer payments, a note also stated that deferred salaries etc were adding up. Add to that the payment made in Aug 2012 and there can't be a lot left. That doesn't include the £8m+ contract terminations and Kanu. Looks pretty dire to me. Didn't they also get an advance on the PPs before the 2009/10 season ended to keep them from going bust in season.

I've just had a look at the April 2012 PKF statement and they estimated they still had £14m due less c.£5m in outstanding football creditors plus a further £1.6m in future transfer payments, a note also stated that deferred salaries etc were adding up. Add to that the payment made in Aug 2012 and there can't be a lot left. That doesn't include the £8m+ contract terminations and Kanu. Looks pretty dire to me. Didn't they also get an advance on the PPs before the 2009/10 season ended to keep them from going bust in season.

Wot I just said.

This is a direct quote from the PST lasagne's mouth:

Our bid is 'fully funded' in as much as the key principles of how it will be financed are agreed. It is also 'ready to go' in the sense that once parties other than the PST bid fulfil certain obligations or requirements we can roll.

As I said previously though it is an extraordinarily delicate and complex deal. I wouldn't personally get into the 'blame game' over delays. Culpability will largely depend on your perspective anyway.

I think that's as close as I've seen to a direct admission that they haven't actually got the money to continue. Draw your own conclusions with respect to any potential Court action on Thursday.

I think Birch's patience is running out fast.

Surely it sthe local health trust they are talking about in the opening paragraphs mate

Definitely. That showed last week when he was willing to drop the Trust like a live grenade in favour of Keith Harris who at least pretended to have some money. Birch is probably wondering how on earth he is going to get out of this in one piece.

I think that's as close as I've seen to a direct admission that they haven't actually got the money to continue. Draw your own conclusions with respect to any potential Court action on Thursday.

In other words it's neither fully funded or ready to go.

Exactly. My bid to own a Ferrari is 'fully funded' in as much as the key principles of how it will be financed are agreed. A LOTTERY WIN. It is also 'ready to go' in the sense that once parties fulfil certain obligations or requirements we can roll.MY NUMBERS COME UP

A must read for every Saints fan - Micah Hall's assassination on 'Fans Network' for Pompey of the first two members of the Keith Harris failed consortium. The best read I have had this week apart from this thread and all the reports of Saints beating Man Citeh

In other words it's neither fully funded or ready to go.

Of course it is you scummah!

It's fully funded and fully ready to go, it's just we haven't got all the money yet and we're waiting for a few things to fall into place before we can start...

:?

I know it's been said several times above but I just thought it was important that everybody on here understands that the bid IS fully funded and IS ready to go! OK? GOT THAT?...... kind of..... not

Edited by Winchester Red

Fans blaming PKF for holding things up as if PST have got everything in place to go.

I thought PST pulled plug previously at court..... when Robinson realised he had not won EURO MILLIONS lottery.

Value of the ground will mean they have/HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER 2/3/4 MILLION TO BUY STADIUM.

If they have the first 3 million they say they have?

Still waiting on 1-2 MILLION ON PLEDGES TO COME IN:rolleyes:

Or am I a little confused?:?

To be honest ...I get mixed up with.....PST , PKF , DFS , MFI.

Edited by ottery st mary

Definitely. That showed last week when he was willing to drop the Trust like a live grenade in favour of Keith Harris who at least pretended to have some money. Birch is probably wondering how on earth he is going to get out of this in one piece.

The football league gave Birch the perfect 'get out of jail free' card last week when ruled out any other bids

PST - ' Here I would like to cash this cheque for 2.5 million please'

Bank - 'Yes, I'm sorry, not really sure how to put this..... you see where the Readers Digest have printed in red on the cheque 'THIS IS NOT A CHEQUE.VOID.VOID.VOID' .........

Distant sound of a Mordant dropping

no nor me, they can't stumble on this badly for much longer, so if I was a betting man I'd have a fiver on a pompey win tonight.

Hartlepool are awful, and equally-awful pompey could be roared to glory by the mighty travelling blue army, the faithful who have never given up hope, the envy of world football, the fans who create an atmosphere that makes Boca Juniors v River Plate sound like a library.

All 200 of them.

Which might not seem many, but if you were in a wheelchair and they all climbed over you, it would seem like quite a lot.

In fact it will be such a cauldron of noise there this evening that ITV have missed a trick and gone for the sedate atmosphere of Celtic V Juventus.

I can only assume that Hartlepool v pompey is TOO big for ITV to cope with, the same as it is for all the refs, with their special secret emails.

So don't count your chickens yet my Nutjob friends, even as they lose this war they will have little skirmishes that go their way, and let's not forget that with court cases to come, what happens on the pitch isn't actually relevant, it's just an amusing side order.

I'm off to hang a flag upside down on a deserted station.

(And Lazlo, if pompey do win tonight, it was just a guess, this time! ;))

Nope - 3.28p not £3.28

Actually currently 3.68p.

And having a swipe at Range Resources for using the same PR company as Portpin (guilty by association anyone) - Tavistock Communications other clients include such dodgy companies as Virgin Media and Vodafone.

To be fair, neither of them like paying taxes either.

Let us not forget that Hartlepoole held Swansea to a draw - away - on Saturday. That counts as a good result, and they appear to be playing the same team tonight.

They must be favourites and the skates should be worried. I mean more worried

You sure about that result?

Let us not forget that Hartlepoole held Swansea to a draw - away - on Saturday. That counts as a good result, and they appear to be playing the same team tonight.

They must be favourites and the skates should be worried. I mean more worried

They'd have probably done even better if they hadn't played away at Swindon on the same day!!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})