Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

a5e8asu6.jpg

Just like the skates to miss the obvious. Of course, in Portsmyth, people are considered 'fair game', just by virtue of showing their support for southampton FC in their choice of clothing. In Southampton however, people tend not to go all danny dyer when they see a young child hoisted alongside an upside down flag at a train station. Of course, the popmpey tradition is to join in with the riot that you start after winning a match, but that's a whole 'nother story.....

(btw, does anybody else find it odd how that mass riot gets swept under the rug every time PFC's 'massive' 'loyal' (i.e. 40 strong) support is brought up)?

I would say these areas are ours as well (give or take one or two I don't know about).

Urban Subdivision[3] Population

(2001 Census)[3]

Hedge End 21,174

Botley 2,506

Total Hedge End/Botley Population[5] 23,680[3]

Locks Heath 36,452

Bursledon 6,744

Whiteley 2,195

Total Locks Heath/Bursledon/Whiteley Population[5] 45,391[3]

Ashurst/Netley Marsh 3,116

Totton 27,986

Total Ashurst/Netley Marsh/Totton Population[5] 31,102[3]

Winchester 41,420[3]

Total Winchester Population[5] 41,420

There are fourteen smaller urban areas also in the region:

Urban Area[3] Population

(2001 Census)[3]

Colden Common 3,249 [6]

Compton/Otterbourne [5] 2,261 [6]

Denmead 5,788[6]

Emsworth/Southbourne [5] 18,139[6]

Fawley 13,775[6]

Hamble [5] 3,853 [6]

Hayling Island [5] 14,842[6]

Horton Heath 2,223[6]

Hythe [5] 19,599[6]

Kings Worthy [5] 4,292[6]

Marchwood [5] 5,586[6]

Netley [5] 6,150[6]

North Baddesley 6,234[6]

Romsey [5] 17,386[6]

And what about me in Sarisbury Green i have a Southampton Post code and so does Warsash

Why would anybody trust Wikipedia for something like this? As you rightly point out, it is ridiculous including somewhere as far away from Portsmouth as Havant, with its massive Leigh Park council estate and not including places that are closer than that near Southampton. Ditto, if Gosport and Lee on Solent are included, which are across the water from Portsmouth, then why not the waterside areas too? Where does Portsmouth end towards us and Southampton start? Fareham? Titchfield? Locks Heath? Bursledon?

In any event, these figures are over a decade out of date.

Dibbets Corner on Hunts Pond Road Parkgate (Locksheath in new money) is where SO become PO, but Locksheath has always been more Saints than Pompey in my opinion. Titchfield is the real divide with anything East of that more skate than Saint.

Just moved to Fareham so officially reclaiming it from the skates

Have lived in Gosport all my life and have seen it swing too and fro... A few years back all the jcl's and glory hunters came out of the woodwork when saggy chops was buying success on tick(!). Now they are few and far between and you see more saints fans in Gosport than the few... On the ferry to Pompey on Saturday I was on tinternet for the score and two fellow saints fans who saw my badge on my hat came and asked how we were doing. Struck up a verse of WTFILN as we went two nil up!

As Portsmouth City council are conducting job and service cuts, can I quietly ask are they still "lending" the Trust any money?

If my child care unit was closed down, my library job axed, my council job made redundant, I'd be mightily ****ed off that the council can loan money to the ever widening money pit that is Portsmouth Football club...

As Portsmouth City council are conducting job and service cuts, can I quietly ask are they still "lending" the Trust any money?

If my child care unit was closed down, my library job axed, my council job made redundant, I'd be mightily ****ed off that the council can loan money to the ever widening money pit that is Portsmouth Football club...

Yeah, but the loan is "short term and guaranteed by direct receipt of the parachute payments"... ergo no essential services will be affected....

flying-pigs.gif

The original proposal had the council borrowing the money themselves and handing it on to the PDT. So whilst not direct from PCC coffers, the council would nonetheless be liable if the repayments were defaulted.

That same proposal required the loan to be repaid directly from the next tranche of parachute payments, due in August this year.

But since the Premier League refused to accept that condition, and accepting that those PPs have been spent about 5 times over anyway, either the loan deal is off the table or PCC & the PDT have re-negotiated the terms.

The original proposal had the council borrowing the money themselves and handing it on to the PDT. So whilst not direct from PCC coffers, the council would nonetheless be liable if the repayments were defaulted.

That same proposal required the loan to be repaid directly from the next tranche of parachute payments, due in August this year.

But since the Premier League refused to accept that condition, and accepting that those PPs have been spent about 5 times over anyway, either the loan deal is off the table or PCC & the PDT have re-negotiated the terms.

How much are thee parachute payments ffs? It seems to be covering just about every debt Pompey have!

But again, how can the council defend borrowing huge sums of money to prop up what is the ultimate money pit?

Shocking...

How much are thee parachute payments ffs?

£4m in August, with the last £4m to follow at a later date.

It seems to be covering just about every debt Pompey have!

Robust business plans really can make your money go so much further..

But again, how can the council defend borrowing huge sums of money to prop up what is the ultimate money pit?

Because PFC brings £300m to the local economy each and every season.. :lol:

I would say these areas are ours as well (give or take one or two I don't know about).

Emsworth/Southbourne [5] 18,139[6]

Afraid not, it's to the East of Havant and I didn't have a car sticker in the window when I lived there... Not to say there weren't quite a few of us mind...

Just like the skates to miss the obvious. Of course, in Portsmyth, people are considered 'fair game', just by virtue of showing their support for southampton FC in their choice of clothing. In Southampton however, people tend not to go all danny dyer when they see a young child hoisted alongside an upside down flag at a train station. Of course, the popmpey tradition is to join in with the riot that you start after winning a match, but that's a whole 'nother story.....

(btw, does anybody else find it odd how that mass riot gets swept under the rug every time PFC's 'massive' 'loyal' (i.e. 40 strong) support is brought up)?

How did fans from the city that is the home of the British Navy come to fly the Union Flag upside down? Surely they must have known that it is a coded sign of distress? I was surprised also to find that it is apparently also illegal.

But still, one wouldn't expect Skate fans to know these things with their limited brain capacity. Just another little thing that makes them a laughing stock.

It was a very quick and simple change to the "reworked" business plan.

They moved "PCC Loan" into the "Guaranteed by Parachute Payments" column, and the "Football Creditors" into the "Something Will Turn Up" column.

It was a very quick and simple change to the "reworked" business plan.

They moved "PCC Loan" into the "Guaranteed by Parachute Payments" column, and the "Football Creditors" into the "Something Will Turn Up" column.

I found a picture showing both columns:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0V9IpNA9UAXv3aoYZg8FVVujnHAsYneEiGpubudslBcQFAD3bJA

I find Hall's blogs massively hypocritical. Great research, yes, but the way he slates people and companies for bad debts, late filing of accounts, etc is just weird when it's in the name of the defence of pfc who are the worst of the worst themselves.

Oh I forgot. It's not their fault is it.

I hope they're gone soon, because I can't ever see them taking responsibility or renouncing the ill gotten gains

Edited by Winchester Red

I find Hall's blogs massively hypocritical. Great research, yes, but the way he slates people and companies for bad debts, late filing of accounts, etc is just weird when it's in the name of the defence of pfc who are the worst of the worst themselves.

I hope they're gone soon, because I can't ever see them taking responsibility or renouncing the ill gotten gains

Mr. Hall's revelations about Range Resources are extremely wide of the mark.

The share price he quotes is wrong by a factor of 100 (close then) and they are not involved in the extraction of shale gas by fracking in any way.

This is the Range Resources involved with Strait

http://www.rangeresources.com.au/

This is the American Range Resources involved with shale gas

http://www.rangeresources.com/

They are both, I hasten to add, successful and legitimate companies.

But don't let a little thing like that spoil a good story eh?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/fb_news.php?storyid=31394

Good job the PDT don't have any skeletons in their cupboard otherwise Hall would be all over them like a rash....

I see David Bick has many fingers in many pies...

For those who don't know who he is, he is the chairman of Square1 Consulting, a PR firm who have worked for Saints for a number of years on and off. Bick's work with the club first began - from what I remember - under the chairmanship of Michael Wilde and has since continued under our current leader.

He is the man who made up the rumour about the "real" reason behind Alan Pardew's departure.

The share price he quotes is wrong by a factor of 100 (close then) and they are not involved in the extraction of shale gas by fracking in any way.

This is the Range Resources involved with Strait

http://www.rangeresources.com.au/

This is the American Range Resources involved with shale gas

http://www.rangeresources.com/

They are both, I hasten to add, successful and legitimate companies.

But don't let a little thing like that spoil a good story eh?

If that's the case aren't Hall's inaccuracies, commercially defamatory? Perhaps their lawyers should be asking questions of him.

:rolleyes:As mentioned above.......Mr Hall will not carry out research in respect of the HNW individuals...

The old saying....oft mentioned...Show us the colour of your money.

They have paid up some loose cash/pocket money until 5th Jan......money has run out ..hence the further drastic cut backs.

As proved by Mr Hall..there is NO substance to Mr Harris and his cronies........front/scam which became quite obvious to us as well as The FL.

Pledges are no where near the level of income required.

Even a cursory glance at the HNW shows very little money available...

Are they to be commended for attempting a buy out ?

0r has it been a futile attempt at delaying in the hope:rolleyes:

Hope quite often kills.:)

He's got the share price of the .com.au company right though, hasn't he?

Range Resources are doing better at $0.052 AUD and a whopping £3.28 on the AIM market in the UK

price_imgRRS.asp

price_imgRRL.asp

Edited by trousers

@portsmouthnews: News: Portsmouth City Council to decide on budget cuts - CITY leaders will meet later to discuss a swathe of proposed cuts... http://t.co/3hh84LqZ

CITY leaders will meet later to discuss a swathe of proposed spending cuts.

Portsmouth City Council is looking to save a further £9m on top of an original £8m set of savings, agreed in December.

Councillors will consider whether to increase the council tax precept by 1.95 per cent following three years of freezes.

People living in properties listed in band D, valued as of April 1, 1991, wiould pay £1,384.16 in 2013/14 compared to £1,365.75

Councillors are considering a review of 16 children’s centres in the city in a bid to make a £1m budget saving.

Under the plans, several centres would be merged, leaving only nine centres behind.

Other proposed savings include transferring six of the city’s adventure playgrounds to the voluntary sector, saving around £100,000.

Street lighting hours could be reduced at night, while responsibility for lollipop patrols could be moved to individual schools.

Meanwhile, a counselling service for young people has appealed directly to city leaders to try to safeguard its future.

The Off The Record (OTR) service helps those aged between 11 and 25.

Its chairman, John Simmonds, has written to every Portsmouth councillor after a decision was taken to stop its funding and to raise the rent on its office in Fratton Road in 2014.

Council leader Gerald Vernon-Jackson has said ‘no-one’ at the council enjoys making cuts.

He told The News: ‘Everyone knows that because public spending has been cut local councils have to do their bit.

‘No one enjoys doing it.

‘It’s not what anyone became a councillor to do, to cut services.

The council has to operate a business and live within its means with the money available.’

Said the council leader looking to loan c.£2m to Pompey....

As the song goes 'Always the victim............. its never your fault'

He's got the share price of the .com.au company right though, hasn't he?

Nope - 3.28p not £3.28

Actually currently 3.68p.

And having a swipe at Range Resources for using the same PR company as Portpin (guilty by association anyone) - Tavistock Communications other clients include such dodgy companies as Virgin Media and Vodafone.

£4m in August, with the last £4m to follow at a later date.

Robust business plans really can make your money go so much further..

Because PFC brings £300m to the local economy each and every season.. :lol:

I think you missed out a decimal point, should read £3.00

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})