Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

And, so far, OldNick has been right...

Depends what you call "getting away with it"

IMO if they'd got away with it they'd still be in the PL having secured a half decent buyer.

Since it all hit the fan they've been largely free falling through the divisions and almost certainly going to be in league 2 next season (assuming they aren't kicked out the league at the end of the season)

Their are never going to just "disappear" or "cease to exist" whilst their in the FL, even if they do get wound up after dropping into the conference or below an "AFC Pompey" will simply replace them.

Personally I think them free falling through the leagues with the accompanying hilarity has been the best thing for them. It's been slow and painful for them, and by continuing to sign players they can't afford even after/whilst they've been in admin it's been self-harming in the long-term.

If the club had been liquidated, they'd be a complete irrelevance after a week or so. By being kept alive their a laughing stock that are becoming a complete irrelevance.

IMO if they'd got away with it they'd still be in the PL having secured a half decent buyer.

Since it all hit the fan they've been largely free falling through the divisions and almost certainly going to be in league 2 next season (assuming they aren't kicked out the league at the end of the season)

Their are never going to just "disappear" or "cease to exist" whilst their in the FL, even if they do get wound up after dropping into the conference or below an "AFC Pompey" will simply replace them.

Personally I think them free falling through the leagues with the accompanying hilarity has been the best thing for them. It's been slow and painful for them, and by continuing to sign players they can't afford even after/whilst they've been in admin it's been self-harming in the long-term.

If the club had been liquidated, they'd be a complete irrelevance after a week or so. By being kept alive their a laughing stock that are becoming a complete irrelevance.

Agree but then AFC Pompey will be a new club without history.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I am relying on the judge to finish it.

It warms the cockles of my heart, it really does :smug:

I'll be supporting the monkey hangers more than I have ever supported another team other than saints on tuesday. It would be a great double whammy of ten straight losses and rock bottom of the league! WTFILN

If this is getting away with it I'd love to know what you'd consider punishment?

If they'd been liquidated they'd be on their way back now when in fact they much further to fall.

They are starting to get some medicine, but the glorious Wembley visits and trophies is hardly been paid back on the back of 2-3 poor seasons. When they drop out of the league then they may have nearly got payback. They still up til the last few months have been fielding some decent players, they have not shown any remorse for screwing charities and small businesses and are still not dead.

They are starting to get some medicine, but the glorious Wembley visits and trophies is hardly been paid back on the back of 2-3 poor seasons. When they drop out of the league then they may have nearly got payback. They still up til the last few months have been fielding some decent players, they have not shown any remorse for screwing charities and small businesses and are still not dead.

What are you actually hoping for which will constitute a full and proper punishment?

The public flogging of the whole city? Maybe some sample executions of fans who were at wembley, just to set an example?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})