Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

As long as the judge doesn't do anything stupid that is......

(hmmmmm, my learned friends, I think £2.75m sounds like a nice number. Does that suit everybody (who's not from Honk Kong), Yes? Done! Next case)

It's £3 million now. The trust upped its bid to make it more attractive. So today's farce eared Chainrai a cool extra £250,000 at any rate !

Notwithstanding any further twists to come today, isn't it the case that right now we're right where we were a couple of days ago except a few things have been made clearer?

PST is still the official, only, game in town. Presumably court case must go ahead now to determine valuation of the fatpipes place. We're right where we were EXCEPT for what we now know - the FL will not accept any other bidders, Pompey will be thrown out of the league if they do not exit admin "before the end of the current playing season" and Chainrai seems to have revealed his plans through Harris, and has been told 'no'. So aside from knowing a lot more and seeing who has played what cards, aren't we just exactly where we were earlier in the week with PST trying to scrabble money together and nutjobs asking where the money is going to come from?

I'm not sure, it's a genuine question - has anything material really changed now?

They're all still together in the same prison cell. It's just that it seems to have shrunk a lot in the last few hours.

The logic of the league statement is odd to me. The trust takeover has been meandering around for ages now another party comes in and looks set to get the club out of admin almost over night but:

But the other people taking over and getting the club out of admin would reduce the uncertainty would it not? To me it has the ring of a political statement that sounds plausible to start with but when you actually think about it the defence of the position has nothing to do with the circumstances in hand.

It sounded to me that the FL were pretty convinced the Orville bid was another Chinny stitch-up, and that they know that no other genuine AND sound bidder can possibly do a deal because of all the issues surrounding it. I seriously wonder if the bid today was anything other than a ploy - I mean, a fully funded bid out of no-where at the 11th hour was a bit convenient, wasn't it?

It sounded to me that the FL were pretty convinced the Orville bid was another Chinny stitch-up, and that they know that no other genuine AND sound bidder can possibly do a deal because of all the issues surrounding it. I seriously wonder if the bid today was anything other than a ploy - I mean, a fully funded bid out of no-where at the 11th hour was a bit convenient, wasn't it?

I think we can be fairly sure it was not turned down for the reasons given in the FL statement so I do suspect that it was as you say that it was too convenient given the circumstances but they could not really say that in a press release hence the "uncertainty" bumf.

I agree but it is all a bit too contrived for me. FL getting Birch out of tight situation and all within a 24 hour time frame. The orchestration stinks of collusion on a massive scale. The trust will have to offer more for Farton because Chinny will point out another party were willing to pay more. This is getting murkier and murkier. If I was the PST I would cut and run to Moneyfields - less sharks.

This. Totally.

Edited by trousers

Wow, what a day!

Given its against the law (isn't it?) for an administrator to run a loss making operation, isn't it a fait accompli that they have to pay the money, whether its up front or retrospectively? Or, looking at it another way, under what circumstance would PKF not be required to call in these underwritten funds?

Not against the law, just **** business practice to do so. Administrators look after themselves first, hence getting some mugs to underwrite - one suspects they have very cast iron guarantees.

"Therefore, The League has informed the Administrator that it will not currently consider transferring the Club's share in The Football League to a new bidder. This means that in the event that the PST bid does not succeed and Portsmouth do not exit administration before the end of the current playing season, the Club will lose its membership of The Football League."

They clearly can't be arsed with it all whilst reserving their position, smart.

Let us be clear, the Football League are not stopping the Administrators selling to the new consortium. They are just saying they will not transfer to them the golden share.

Administators go to court and will say without the golden share the business cannot be sustained. If the court do not rule that the £3m offer by the trust for the ground is approved then the trust bid cannot proceed and liquidation is the only answer and that will prejudice the creditors.

Once the next PP is in hand, the liquidation value will likely exceed the value of running a 'football club' :lol:

OK nutjobs.

Are you ready for a mind numbing revelation?

The last few months/years have NEVER been about saving pcfc.

It has ALWAYS, (as so beautifully put all those years ago by Corpy) been about the LAND.

My 50p worth is that the statement from the FL is music to the ears of the bidders from the East.

They now don't have to fund a club next season and can worry only about how much profit they can make selling the plot to Tescos while letting Orville play at Moneyfields.

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Once the next PP is in hand, the liquidation value will likely exceed the value of running a 'football club' :lol:

I agree. Leeds were threatening to do this a few years ago but the League said basically if they did do that they would be denied the golden share.As a consequence LUFC accepted all the points deductions

They did the same to SFC over the 10 points however sooner or later it will get challenged. The new bidder don't have a golden share to lose as they are already excluded and if they are as rich as they say might well go for it. Besides the FL left the door open using the word 'currently'. If challenged, I can see this bid going through if the funds are there and the timescale complied with.

Valentine's Day....?

So honey, what are we doing tonight? we going to watch One Republic sing romantic songs in concert? Maybe a nice Candlelit dinner?

Uh no. Thought we'd have a quiet night in on the Computer babe. You know there's a wedding to pay fooorrrrrrrroooooouch that farking hurt

The reaction elsewhere is quite interesting.

Its not quite 'we have won the FA cup in my lifetime' sort of feeling but its bloody close.

Football League in growing b*llocks shocker!

It's very rare when both fanbases are united in joy.....

Post on POL:

That thread on scumweb is ******* hilarious - best thing in the world earlier today that Harris was coming in to screw us over under chinny's control - now best thing in the world Harris has been turned down as he was our only chance of survival - and that's from the same posters.

******* absolute *****.

That thread on scumweb is ******* hilarious - best thing in the world earlier today that Harris was coming in to screw us over under chinny's control - now best thing in the world Harris has been turned down as he was our only chance of survival - and that's from the same posters.

Hate to say it lad if you are reading but don't you get it? We can't lose either way! It's just so entertaining!

Post on POL:

******* absolute *****.

They're missing the point (surprise, surprise).....ANY twist or turn is a good thing from a nutjob perspective....doesn't matter what the actual nature of the twist or turn is....we'll celebrate each on its own isolated comic value merit.... hence: Harris in = chortle....Harris out = chortle.

One of these days they'll "get it"....

7190.jpg

If that is the case then it says a lot about the standing in the game of a man who is often rolled out in the media as an authority on football finance and a self professed football take over expert.

They did the same to SFC over the 10 points however sooner or later it will get challenged. The new bidder don't have a golden share to lose as they are already excluded and if they are as rich as they say might well go for it. Besides the FL left the door open using the word 'currently'. If challenged, I can see this bid going through if the funds are there and the timescale complied with.

Sorry disagree. As you say the current bidder doesn`t have a current share but if he gets ownership he will want one ! The FL is seen as a " private members club " and as such they can bar anyone they want.

Not long in from footie training and tonight I decided to dash home and have a bath instead of a shower at the ground. the bath has now cooled down considerably as I've had 3 pages to read all at one sitting.

This is superb entertainment!

No Sue its not superb, it's fecking brilliant