Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

From the PST:

PST can assure its supporters that its bid to buy Portsmouth Football Club is fully funded, ready to go and offers the best option for the creditors and for the long-term security of the club.

In addition PST can reveal we increased its bid for Fratton Park earlier this week to make our package even more attractive.

Our bid has the backing of several thousand Pompey fans, who have supported us by pledging to buy community shares, either individually or in syndicates.

In addition our partner high net worth investors have kept the club alive by underwriting any trading losses of the club through the autumn.

We have also been finalising negotiations with our property partner over access and parking to the stadium, once we takeover.

We have the backing of our local MPs increasesnd Portsmouth City Council. At a national level, the Department of Culture Media and Sport has recognised the merit of our bid and we have also been supported in the House of Commons by a Government Minister.

Supporters Direct are also fully behind our attempt to once and for all draw a line under the past problems at the club.

We have been made aware of a rival bid, but at the moment there is precious little detail about it.

It is imperative that there is full disclosure about the funding and terms of any other bid for the club.

As a trust we have been transparent about how our bid has been funded and structured. Fans and the wider football family and our community stakeholders can be assured we have the best interests of Portsmouth FC at heart.

We look forward to taking our bid forward in the very near future.

lolicious!!

Telegraph chief sports reporter:

Harris bid said to be 100% debt-funded with money from a Malaysian finance house, and club will not own ground.

It gets better and better this.

Aaaah-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.... Wipes tears from eyes and sits down with a beer and fresh tub of popcorn :)

Has anyone from Portsea Island considered that Robinson may have been backing both horses?

Sue(?) Maskell in twitter is claiming that the Orville bid is a non-starter without the surrounding land, which Robinson reasonably close to owning, and that as Robinson is a PST partner, it'll all be OK.

What she doesn't seem to realise is that the surrounding land isn't worth much to Robinson without the hulk of rotten wood and rusting iron the rests in the middle of it.

Robinson will deal with whoever gives him the best chance to make money, pure and simple. Currently, that doesn't look much like being the PST, no matter how much cowpat they spin to gullible skate-lets.

"Telegraph chief sports reporter:

Harris bid said to be 100% debt-funded with money from a Malaysian finance house, and club will not own ground."

What nationality is Baloo? So Chanrai owns the ground for which he takes money from the club in 'rent' and provides some 'capital' to enable him to do so and puts three stooges in to enable him to 'own' the club without having to go through the FAPPT. All makes sense to me now .... or does it?

Telegraph chief sports reporter:

Harris bid said to be 100% debt-funded with money from a Malaysian finance house, and club will not own ground.

Oh Malaysia? That's ok then. Thank goodness it's not from somewhere with any sort of dodgy financial reputation, or involvement with fixed matches, or betting scams, or corruption, .... ;)

I wonder who the foreign investor/buyer is, who is about to rescue Harris's own company?

Sue(?) Maskell in twitter is claiming that the Orville bid is a non-starter without the surrounding land, which Robinson reasonably close to owning, and that as Robinson is a PST partner, it'll all be OK.

What she doesn't seem to realise is that the surrounding land isn't worth much to Robinson without the hulk of rotten wood and rusting iron the rests in the middle of it.

Robinson will deal with whoever gives him the best chance to make money, pure and simple. Currently, that doesn't look much like being the PST, no matter how much cowpat they spin to gullible skate-lets.

Thank goodness Robinson is a pompey fan and not a hard-headed business man. .. Oh!

@NabilHassan79: Keith Harris #pompey statement: "I should first make clear that we would not have pursued this investment without sound financial backing...

@NabilHassan79: Harris #pompey statement cont: "I should also be clear we will not be carrying forward any legacy issues associated with the recent past...

@NabilHassan79: Harris #pompey statement cont: "No-one on the new team underestimates the scale of the task that lies ahead. We will address fan concerns."

Edited by trousers

@pkelso: Call from Keith Harris' people. They say Portsmouth deal offers "clean funds", "no debt," "all legacy issues gone"

@pkelso: Harris also says plan in place to buy Fratton Park from Chainrai in "a few months", hope to have deal done by Friday lunchtime #pompey

@pkelso: Harris team say Pascal Najadi (VP Malaysian bank) & Alan Hitchins (veterinary supplies millionaire) because "they want to back Keith"

Thank goodness Robinson is a pompey fan and not a hard-headed business man. .. Oh!

He's one of their bestest most passionate fans, he won't let his Pompey Dream die, not him, he cares only that their unique way of life is preserved, he doesn't care what it costs him in terms of his dwindling personal net worth...

Oh.

Keith Harris' firm Seymour Pierce on the brink of collapse

By HUGO DUNCAN and GEOFF FOSTER

PUBLISHED: 22:34, 31 January 2013 | UPDATED: 22:34, 31 January 2013

Stockbroker Seymour Pierce was last night on the brink of collapse after falling victim to the crisis facing a host of the City’s oldest firms.

The loss-making company, which traces its origins back to 1845 and is run by football financier Keith Harris, is understood to have lined up Grant Thornton as administrator.

The demise of Seymour Pierce follows months of talks with rivals and would-be partners over a possible merger or injection of cash.

article-0-0AC223BB000005DC-774_468x286.jpg

Difficult times: Stockbroker Seymour Pierce is run by football financier Keith Harris

It comes at a difficult time for the industry as small-cap and mid-cap brokers are hammered by a slump in fundraisings and trading in the City.

There has been a spate of takeovers in recent years as brokers battled to survive.

Sounds like a perfect marriage...:lol:

Debt funding is exactly that - DEBT!! The money will have to be secured on something & the yield (interest costs) will not be cheap!!!

Fully funded.............................my house is fully funded. It includes the amount of equity i have in it & a mortgage.....................................................debt being part of the funding!!

This just keeps getting better!!

Not going to be like a house sale though is it? There will be cop out clauses, even if it does cost him a few thousand if he wants to back out

I suspect he has bought an option to purchase. They are a fantastic way to make a killing with a little outlay. If you have assets and ever sign up to an option to purchase you are stuffed until the time that is agreed is up. These can be written on the back of a fag packet, as long as you get an agreed price and date when it is til, the owner of the property cannot sell to anyone else whatever they are offered. i used it once and it was a great vehicle to buy, the owner of the property tried to gazump me but couldnt as it was registered and so his double dealing got him nowhere.

@pkelso: Implication of Harris briefing that Malaysian banker funding Portsmouth bid, not Malaysian bank. Hoping for clarity later.

@blueballoo2000: @pkelso and he intends to give us all this money and leave us completely debt free, maybe £10m and never ask for it back? Lol.

Good to see Mr Hall getting the hang of this interrogation malarkey....no waiting 3 years to ask the questions this time around... ;)

Edited by trousers

From Micah Hall:

Belbin the how began putting their money in on October 18th and stopped on Jan 7th. PKF released the players THEY SIGNED and brought the club back to break even. They did so because they were talking to portpin about another bid - hence the adjournments.

PST bid is on the table - money in escrow. And now mr Harris wants to ram to the trust about us using that money to help fund his lease scheme - so can we use fans money to pay Chainrai an uneconomic rent so he can own the stadium and Harris can own the club? Think the word is NO.

So, just to be clear.

Even while the PDT were getting all wet about their minibus load of fans going up to the High Court PKF were (finally) discussing another bid.

All those meetings and plans and Penny in The Commons

And they weren't looking over their shoulder.

Now, where did I put that ORLY picture?

Altogether now

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I believe the phrase is

We

Told

You

So

So, just to be clear.

Even while the PDT were getting all wet about their minibus load of fans going up to the High Court PKF were (finally) discussing another bid.

All those meetings and plans and Penny in The Commons

And they weren't looking over their shoulder.

Now, where did I put that ORLY picture?

Altogether now

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I believe the phrase is

We

Told

You

So

Added to which it appears to be the case that whilst PKF was double dealing and calling adjournments to allow Harris to structure his bid they were happily taking money from the HNWs knowing that they were going to pull the rug from under the feet of the HNWs and leave them high and dry having parted with their money. The HNWs have made the Harris deal possible!

They were indeed retained by Saints and from memory only bought SISU to the taable. The bid at end claiming to offer more than Markus and threatening legal action was something to do with (I think) marc jackson

Why don't you ask him, he still posts on here, but then he would have to reveal his identity. I won't because it wouldn't be fair, but I would be interested in his view of the Seymour Pierce angle.

One of the posts from the snooze. Well worth an airing here I feel...

He (KH) accepted a flattering invitation to chair the Football League in 2000 only to find himself embroiled in "perhaps the biggest crisis the sport has faced", says Frank Kane in The Observer. Shortly after Harris's appointment, ITV Digital pulled the plug on a £315m broadcasting deal with the league. ITV Digital's co-owners Carlton and Granada tried to settle for £50m, but Harris flatly refused. His subsequent failure to recover £130m via the courts prompted his resignation in 2002. Many football clubs were pushed to the brink of bankruptcy and Harris was slated in the press as being "incapable of running a kebab shop".

Onwards toward the cliff.

Who the f**k is Keith Harris ? I assume its not the bloke renowned for fisting green birds and monkeys.

I also dont get the schadenfreude towards PST on here. Whether we like it or not, the charade about their fans ownership kept the bastard entity known as PFC going long enough for another bid to come crawling out of the woodwork.

This is a major result for the blue scum