Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Time to recall a little of the Corp Ho magic, courtesy of Gingeletiss:

I think a bit of mythology has developed but here are a few Crop Ho gems to lol at:

Originally Posted by Corporate Ho

Not going to heppen, certainly not signing Eto'o/ Villa etc but wouldn't be surprised to see Maradona acting as some sort of "ambassador" (call it what you want) for PFC

lol

But I thought no-one would buy Pompey Nick. You told me so repeatedly and so did the Romsey Retard. You kept saying you were a much more attractive proposition.

Don't worry, I've read he's only 10 times as wealthy as Abramovich

lol

Yeah, it's way too high although our turnover for last year was £70m (!) and with the players that are out of contract in the summer such as Campbell, Lauren and Kanu who are big earners we'll shave around £15m off the wage bill. Even allowing for some replacements to come in that will take us down to around 60% of our income which is the Prem's guideline.

like that ever happened.

Keep up doofus, it's not Riquelme, it's Saviola.

Players Out:

Hreidarsson - Celtic/ Reading

Sol Campbell - Newcastle/ Villareal

Utaka - Rangers/ Lens/ Rennes

Kanu - Fiorentina/ Ajax (£2m!!!)

Lauren - AEK Athens/ Bolton/ Wigan

Kranjcar - Arsenal

Players In:

Saviola/ Drenthe - Real Madrid (Loan)

Joey Barton (£3m)/ Benjani/ Michael Johnson (£6m combined) (Man City)

Edu - Valencia (Loan)

Manuel Fernandes - Valencia (£6m)

Gary O'Neil - Boro (£4.5m)

Edin Dzeko - Wolfsburg (£7m)

Mirel Radio - Steaua Bucharest (£4.5m)

Ronald Zubar - Marseille (£6m)

Aruna Dindane - Lens (£6m)

Blaise Matuidi - St Etienne (£8m)

Well you got Dindane in the end, lolz all round

Was told late last night that the SA group looking to buy us had a hitch in their plans but that they now have the finance to buy the club pretty much in place. They have around £60m and Gaydamak wants £65m. Have been told that the deal should (unless something else crops up) happen some time in January. Have also been told that this group don't want Adams and that he's likely to be moved out before the deal is announced. So keep watching.

think you should sack your source.

I've been told that Pompey's financial situation is nowhere near as bad has been suggested by the media. Gaydamak sold his stake in one of his other companies for £35m recently (Antanta Pioglobal if anyone wants to look it up) so while he won't want to use all of that cash on PFC it gives him some breathing space if it's needed in an emergency.

bless

PMSL. So when Storrie says this he's the man to listen to but when he says we have no financial problems and that we won't be selling players in January you tell me he's a liar and that we're going bust. I love the way you lot change your tune when it suits you.

mega lolz

Unfortunately for me it looks as though the Chinese group (whose bid isapparently still on the table) are going to be outbid by the South African offer (see story below from the South African newspaper). Would rather the Chinese lot won as they seem prepared to put more into the club but Gaydamak will make more from the African one, not just initially but also an involvement in any stadium that's built. There's also a group from the UAE sniffing around who met with Gaydamak last week. Looks like I've ended up with egg foo yung on my face over the date on this one but I'm still willing to bet that we get new owners before you do.

words fail me

There were several groups/ individuals who have been looking at buying Pompey. The German group were one of them, as dear old Nick Nack confirmed he'd heard. The Arab group that were going to buy Charlton were also interested but dropped out when Gaydamak wanted a company he has interests in to be given the building contract for the new stadium. There was also a group backed by money from the Rausing family (owners of the Tetrapak, richest family in Britain I believe) and a couple of others. However, I've been told that a deal ha now been done and will be announced within a couple of weeks.

it keeps on coming

If the buyers are from the four groups I was told about I don't think spending £130m on a stadium will make much of a dent in their finances.

keep dreaming

Nick, nice to get into a decent & sensible conversation with you for once. The £130m you quote is not just for the stadium. The plans also include a 10,000 seat arena for concerts and also other commercial developments (I assume retail, bars etc). Finding a buyer doesn't seem to be a problem, we have at least four groups sniffing around and like I said earlier, I'm told a deal will be done before Xmas. Haven't heard about Germans but if you move a little further North in Europe you wouldn't be too far wrong from the group leading the pack at the moment.

so which non-existent group were leading the non-existent pack? The scandinavian Al-Faraj?

I've been told that there are three bids on the table for Pompey. One is a Thai group, one is a Russian guy whose name I've been told but won't repeat on here (he's very, very wealthy though - we're talking multiple billions) and the third is in all likelihood not arabs but Hong Kong Chinese - again mega Billions.

go on, you may as well spill the beans now?

Good to see what Stuey said - that mega rich investors wouldn't be lining up to buy Pompey - coming true isn't it? He's a genius that Stuey

Maybe Stuey was right in the end eh?

Bl00dy brilliant

RSVP Corp Ho Ho Ho

Pompey shops are closed to customers

Published on Tuesday 5 February 2013 17:08

THE two official Pompey shops have closed their doors to customers.

The Pompey Megastore, in Fratton Way, and the shop within Cascades Shopping Centre have stopped trading.

The shops are not owned or operated by Portsmouth Football Club, but instead are operated by Scotland-registered firm Frogmore Retail Limited, known formerly as Kappa Retail Limited.

Pompey spokesman Neil Weld said the club could not comment at this early stage, but confirmed the shops had closed.

The News understands the company is on the brink of administration, but no official notice has yet been published.

Customers said they had been told the stores would be closed temporarily, and the shops’ website would be back to taking orders soon.

One said: ‘I was just told there were legal problems that need sorting out, but they wouldn’t tell me what they are.’

There is a notice on the site saying internet orders cannot currently be processed.

No-one from the shops could be contacted on either of the stores’ lines, or on the general enquiries number when The News attempted to contact the company.

Now perhaps I am becoming too much of a conspiracy theorist, but does it strike anyone as strange that a company that runs the shops, that has no connection with the Football Club, has a trading name of a road that leads to Fortress Fatpipes? I mean, if they were called Station Road Retail I could believe it, but Frogmore?

I am sure there is a link here, I just can't work out what it is. Nevermind, it just makes it even funnier as they continue their sprint to oblivion.

in all fairness Southsea I think Ho did the bulk of the real work and you guys just kindly edited his madness into an easy-to-read record of someone's deluded descent into mental illness and beyond.

No wonder the toy business is in such a state.

So pompey head next to their current local rivals Bournemouth (Aldershot are on standby, Eastleigh wait in the wings), where they are likely to set a new club record for consecutive defeats, and complete the longest winless run in their two year history.

The club is staring liquidation in the face, the players are now the least-plucky to ever pull on the famous shirt with velcro on the name section, and the city stands to lose £13M every other Saturday.

They lost £39M last week alone - according to Penny.

And yet you Nutjobs still pick on them? :o

Out of order!

Surely it's time to put aside all the charity-raping and creditor-shafting antics.

Can't we just forget the blatant insolvent trading and the money-laundering attempts at gaining sporting advantage funded by child-maimers and organised crime?

Those potless Lithuianian pensioners and limbless kids have got over it, so why can't Nutjobs?

Even the terminally-ill kids have gone quiet.

Ignore the rivalry, forget the disgusting abuse of Ted, the myths of Nazi money financing our club, and of course that difficult-to-pin-down dock strike.

Just look at the league table and try as hard as you can not to be jealous.

Because that's all it is - the little green-eyed monster is looking to the east and is jealous of the biggest sleepiest giant in world football.

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=515:pst-bid-gets-high-profile-parliamentary-backing&catid=34:demo-category

Ms Mordaunt told the meeting: 'I have ridden shotgun with the PST during this bid process and I have been shocked at the barriers they have encountered.

'I have been involved in another large community asset transfer in the city [of Portsmouth] which has been far more straightforward compared to the trust bid.

'Football clubs, however, are stuck with seemingly impossible barriers if they want to create community clubs. As an MP I have been able to open some doors and break down these obstacles.

But Ms Mordaunt remained optimistic.

'I hope we will have a happy outcome shortly,' she added. 'The administrator knows that all Parliamentary eyes are on him, MPs and Lords with an interest in football- and there are a lot of them- are willing the Trust's bid to succeed because it is clearly the best and the right thing to happen.

'I have also been amazed at the support other clubs have shown the PST bid.'

@solentsport: John Whittingdale MP, chair- Dept Culture Media & Sport sel. comm, 'We are all keeping fingers crossed for PST bid being successful.

And so the predicted 'bleeding hearts' campaign continues by members of parliament that care more about preserving the league status of a football club than they do about £150m worth of creditors...

Edited by trousers

Having seen that I am beginning to understand why the PST keep talking about a community club ...so they can provide him with 'care in the community'. What a sad, pathetic, man.

I presume the crowd scenes were 'library pictures' from a few seasons ago? Not only did Fratton look quite full , but they seemed to be actually celebrating a goal at one point.

I like the way the PST pretend that the event yesterday was all about them when in fact it was an event organised Supporters Direct and there is no mention of the PST in either of the news items on the SD site:

http://www.supporters-direct.org/?event=sd-parliament-event

http://www.supporters-direct.org/?news-article=mr-john-whittingdale-to-top-the-bill-mps-turn-out-in-force-to-back-supporters-direct

Spin, spin, spin!

Look guys, let us put all this silly rivalry between us behind and help them out - I have a great idea! FP holds 20,700, so why dont Saints play them in a 'friendly' but we get at least 10,000 seats at £30 I am sure we could muster the red army to go and watch us stuff them out of site (as it might be the last chance we have for a long time) so that would be £300K to the coffers extra over the normal 11K gate? I would even pay £40 for the privelige, what do you say?

Look guys, let us put all this silly rivalry between us behind and help them out - I have a great idea! FP holds 20,700, so why dont Saints play them in a 'friendly' but we get at least 10,000 seats at £30 I am sure we could muster the red army to go and watch us stuff them out of site (as it might be the last chance we have for a long time) so that would be £300K to the coffers extra over the normal 11K gate? I would even pay £40 for the privelige, what do you say?

I'd pay a grand to play them right now with us having a fully fit squad and half the stadium full of saints. Portsmouth FC, the comical gift that just keeps on giving!

I'm in. We should suggest this to the PST at every opportunity - webchats, comments on the news, ****ter, the pst site. Let's get Knobhead Neil on board.

They need all help they can get. We're in a position to help the little guys. I'm sure they'd put their bitterness and hatred aside for the good of their own club, no?

Edited by Torres

Still hurts then - LOL!

Well, Andy from Buckland, probably not, and certainly nothing like the bitter hurt felt by all (not that many then tbf) the skates from around 1961 to 2003. That period whipped portsea island up into some frenzy at the faaaaakin' scummaaaaaahhhssss!!!!!!!!!!

Still hurts then - LOL!

Hi Andy from Bassett.

I hope you are well. We have been looking for a new pet skate for a while now as all the rest seem to have gone very quiet recently. Before they were all like "what do you know you obsessed scumma? We will be in the same division next year, we will be able to outspend the rest of the division as we are a massive club and the players want to play in front of such a passionate crowd". Now however they have left us and have left fatpipes as well, all that remains in empty faded blue seats. When you are not on your sister, would you like to come on here and tell us funny stories about your club?

Thanks

Tokyo

Edited by Tokyo-Saint

Plenty of direct quotes relating to Pompey from the MP's and Minister present - more importantly Pompey are progressing towards 'fan ownership' - supporters direct are promoting 'fan ownership' no spin in that.

You've misspelt liquidation, you silly skate.

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak

Sky Sources: City financier Keith Harris fronting a bid to buy Portsmouth Football Club

Sounds about right. They've been a puppet club for many years now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreakSky Sources: City financier Keith Harris fronting a bid to buy Portsmouth Football Club
Would have thought he was too busy trying to rescue Seymour Pierce, his existing company. But I suppose if they do go into administration then they'll fit well down the road!http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/9844247/Seymour-Pierce-in-11th-hour-rescue-talks.html

Would have thought he was too busy trying to rescue Seymour Pierce, his existing company. But I suppose if they do go into administration then they'll fit well down the road!http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/9844247/Seymour-Pierce-in-11th-hour-rescue-talks.html

They just seem to have gift, don't they, for finding them - the Arab world's only potless sheik, the Russian's only skint oligarch and now the City of London's only brassic stockbroker. You really, REALLY couldn't make it up.

Neil Allen‏@pn_neil_allen

So Keith Harris fronting bid to buy #Pompey. Hearing involves leasing Fratton Park off Portpin with view to buy. So much for clean break.

Looks a recipe for Disaster to me, but what would we know??

I foresee......

Brassic Businessman leading Pompey into Admin (number 4?), Baloo taking back the club in lieu of non-payment on The Fortress and himself becoming Mr Reluctant Owner (again).