Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I wonder if the recent sing along get together came up with this classy little number sang on Saturday at Fortress Fatpipes.

Kevin Bond went to bed,

With little Jermain and twitchy head,

And in the morning the papers said,

Jermanis got aids and arry's dead.

I wonder if a player has ever said: "the fans are great, not quite as good as at my last club, but great nevertheless"?

Players have to understand the concept of 'selective and constructive' booing which you only get at Fortress Fatpipes !

This is what makes them stand out from the rest, well that and the fact that you can become a 'legend' after only a couple of matches !

They are not the 'bestest' for nothing you know !

Quality, not quantity and all that...........

:):):)

WTFILN

I have to admit, I've tired a bit of this little plaything. A few thousand pages back my prediction was they would end up wallowing around mid table in League Two. It seems that is just a few months away and that is the best scenario.

The thing that scares me the most, is that the pst do take over funded by debt (At favorable terms of course) that will at some point in time need repaying - A novel concept in portsea and the whole thing starts again. I just hope that the people lending them money, actually know they doing it. It would be awful, if the new found funding was actually the money ear marked for Kanu, TBH et all.

I have to admit, I've tired a bit of this little plaything. A few thousand pages back my prediction was they would end up wallowing around mid table in League Two. It seems that is just a few months away and that is the best scenario.

The thing that scares me the most, is that the pst do take over funded by debt (At favorable terms of course) that will at some point in time need repaying - A novel concept in portsea and the whole thing starts again. I just hope that the people lending them money, actually know they doing it. It would be awful, if the new found funding was actually the money ear marked for Kanu, TBH et all.

Pull yourself together man, we are just going through a little lull but very soon the action will return and (assuming the PST take over) it'll be even better than before (if that is possible) !

Remember, being a 'nutjob' is not just a part time hobby, it is a true vocation :) !

Pull yourself together man, we are just going through a little lull but very soon the action will return and (assuming the PST take over) it'll be even better than before (if that is possible) !

Remember, being a 'nutjob' is not just a part time hobby, it is a true vocation :) !

This.

Relax gemmel, they only find themselves in this position because four years ago they got themselves into dire financial straits, and foolishly thought they could solve their problems by borrowing money from a property developer-cum-short term money lender in order to support them living above their natural level.

We all know how badly that turned out. They were bankrupt and almost liquidated. You can be sure they won't make that silly mistake again.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/video-guy-whittingham-on-pompey-s-trip-to-s****horpe-1-4752363

Apart from coming across as the most clueless manager I have ever heard, he sums up everything that is wrong about that club.

It's a crazy situation, if I bring the kids into the team, they become part of the 20 and we won't be able to bring anyone else in

Its at times like this that I miss the ramblings of our good friend Corp Ho.

We may think that the best that Pompey can hope for is League 2 on minus 10 points but I am sure that in his eyes they are just a gnat's crotchet away from being in the Champions League and that we should be pig sick. I wonder how he sees events now at Fortress Fatpipes? Perhaps he could become "our occasional correspondent" giving the nutjobs the opinions of a confirmed nutter.

If Ho carried on as he had before he only posted when things were looking good,normally after a run of 2or 3 victories. I suspect it will be a time until the conditions are right for his return lol

If Ho carried on as he had before he only posted when things were looking good,normally after a run of 2or 3 victories. I suspect it will be a time until the conditions are right for his return lol

I can almost see it now ..... Netley Central 3 Portsmouth 1

(Portsmouth's Goal was scored by the Central keeper's inability to stop laughing

We have been royally spoilt with all the stories that came out of fatpipes in the early days, combined with Ho's fantasies and Mack's sensible if not entirely understandable utterings. I can understand being jaded by yet another court postponement or another loss on the pitch. Things will pick up soon.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/627482915?-11209:804

Read the title of the programme, sums it up for pompey and TCWTB

John (TCWTB) loves his football club and would do anything within his power to help it.

Anything, apart from buying a season ticket, of course. With his ticket for life he'll be one of the phew to watch, and ring a bell, until the very end.

interesting comment at the bottom of that Agent David story:

Please be advised that the Joint Liquidators' investigations are on-going. These investigations have so far lead to the commencement of legal proceedings against certain parties. Until all such claims have been brought and have concluded, the Joint Liquidators will not be in a position to disclose details of the findings. Some of these investigations, due to their nature and complexity, can take a number of years to conclude.

Creditors will be kept updated of developments as and when the Liquidators are in a position to provide further updates.

Should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Neema Pattni

Manager

For G Carton-Kelly

Baker Tilly Restructuring and Recovery LLP

Joint Liquidator

An injury-prone player in his mid-30s has broken down after a run of games?

Well you couldn't have predicted that.

They are just unlucky.

Though Connolly stands alone at the moment.

I've not heard him read out the standard press statement about the fans being the bestest he's ever played for....

Sodje said that a two-thirds empty Fatpipes with the crowd singing sarcastically about you, was better than a full Elland Road - so he's not mental.:o

At least he hasn't lost his pace, touch, and dignity - as well as his marbles.

Please be advised that the Joint Liquidators' investigations are on-going. These investigations have so far lead to the commencement of legal proceedings against certain parties. Until all such claims have been brought and have concluded, the Joint Liquidators will not be in a position to disclose details of the findings. Some of these investigations, due to their nature and complexity, can take a number of years to conclude.

Creditors will be kept updated of developments as and when the Liquidators are in a position to provide further updates.

Yours sincerely

Neema Pattni

Manager

For G Carton-Kelly

Joint Liquidator

about to post that - bizzare

Yours sincerely

Neema Pattni

Manager

For G Carton-Kelly

Joint Liquidator

No one's picked up and commented on it. All very strange. Get digging folks.

No one's picked up and commented on it. All very strange. Get digging folks.

I wonder if the poster changed any words? - Lead or led? I wouldn't give a stuff about grammar normally, but the use of the wrong word coould completely change the context of the letter. - And a stange mistake for a professional company to make.

Yours sincerely

Neema Pattni

Manager

For G Carton-Kelly

Joint Liquidator

Assume that's pertaining to "admin 1" rather than the current admin?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/eastney-barracks-return-on-cards-for-pompey-1-4753213

Oh dear.

The story offers so many possibilities to write your own punchline (Cockleshell Gardens, anyone?) but as usual the devil is in the detail as to how desperate they have become.

"The arrangement will see Guy Whittingham’s men change, eat and use the newly-installed gym facilities at Fratton Park on training days.

When did this happen? Where did the money come from to install new gym facilities? Do the hard-pressed creditors know that while they're waiting for their cash, the likes of Rocha and Ertl will be racking up the miles on new exercise bikes which certainly don't come cheap?

The first bit could provide fun, as well. The players will change at Fatpipe Park, get in their cars or cram into a rusty oold Ford Transit minibus, and drive to Cockleshell Gardens, train and then drive back. Tyro League football anyone?

"The barracks is nowadays known as the Cockleshell Community Sports Club. It is closed to the general public, although is used by Meon Milton FC."

I don't know it, but it smacks to me of an attempt to give a former surplus-to-requirements defence establishment a new lease of life as a community facility with every connotation of that you can think of on Portsea Island. Perhaps there's also a player deal with Meon Milton FC whereby p****y get some of their players.

"On Friday, the Blues trained on the 4G surface at South Downs College after hopes of training at Eastney were ended by the weather."

So the pitches at Cockleshell Cove are crap and flood when it rains, and they are basically going cap in hand to any organisation that will have them.

They are homeless nomads.

This is the legacy that Redknapp and others left them with. My, that FA Cup win was worth it.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/eastney-barracks-return-on-cards-for-pompey-1-4753213

Oh dear.

"The arrangement will see Guy Whittingham’s men change, eat and use the newly-installed gym facilities at Fratton Park on training days.

When did this happen? Where did the money come from to install new gym facilities? Do the hard-pressed creditors know that while they're waiting for their cash, the likes of Rocha and Ertl will be racking up the miles on new exercise bikes which certainly don't come cheap?

/QUOTE]

The key phrase here is"newly-installed". They've brought back their equipment from Eastleigh to reuse.

So that'll be a set of cones, a Bullworker, an old settee and a PlayStation 1, then.

Oh dear.

/QUOTE]

The key phrase here is"newly-installed". They've brought back their equipment from Eastleigh to reuse.

So that'll be a set of cones, a Bullworker, an old settee and a PlayStation 1, then.

Badly sagging at one end after Avram's regular testing of the springs

"The arrangement will see Guy Whittingham’s men change, eat and use the newly-installed gym facilities at Fratton Park on training days."

ok... so thats a fridge, and a few excersie bikes squeezed somewhere between the fatpipes...

Like scared pit ponies they will be lead out of the dark on to the grass and daylight on match days to the roar of Fratton Faithfull...

Oh

(edit: must type faster)

@NabilHassan79: Asmir Begovic says he expects to be sold by Stoke. He could fetch around £10m. #pompey fans will be hoping a sell on clause was inserted.

@SimonPeach: @NabilHassan79 Apparently there was no such clause.

@NabilHassan79: @SimonPeach Why does that not surprise me....?

@NabilHassan79: Asmir Begovic says he expects to be sold by Stoke. He could fetch around £10m. #pompey fans will be hoping a sell on clause was inserted.

considering nobody knew who he was signing for, i think compensation was paid to Spurs? when he left Pompey. They were just in a rush to get the money in.

That reminds me. Did Spurs ever get their £1m?

On the plus side, it's been reported that Pompey have claimed they were driving Chris Huhne's car and have asked for the 3 points...

Surely not. They are already looking at 10 penalty points and 3 more will get them banned.

So..... After a quiet few weeks...anyone know what date this month that the parachute payment is made? Is this the last one or another due in August?

Spread over 4 seasons, & they went down in May 2010.

But nothing is ever quite what it seems down there. They have been doing all sorts of deals since then to bring payments forward to keep their heads above water, so gawd alone knows what is left to come. It was supposed to be £16m + £16m + £8m + £8m, each tranche paid in 2 instalments over the season.

So..... After a quiet few weeks...anyone know what date this month that the parachute payment is made? Is this the last one or another due in August?

I thought this one was the last one, and everybody has got first dibs on it,

It would be bizarre if it, were say the 14th February, the day before the court case.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})