Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Kevan James on Solent this morning saying this is their worst run for 30 something years - though I'm sure the snooze will be able to spin it into another 'record beating run'

The News and Neil Allen and his chums have a new tactic. There are now excellent defeats, good defeats, promising defeats etc. I believe it is the case that an excellent defeat means that they have actually won the game in la-la land reality.

Interesting to see Portpin confirming yet another court case deferral to the Telegraph whilst the PST and PKF have said nothing again.

Edited by TopGun

@pn_Rory_McKeown: PKF confirm #Pompey's court hearing adjourned until February 14, 2013. More on http://t.co/X66eML9P

@pn_Rory_McKeown: Also, PKF confirm judge grants #Pompey 6-month administration extension until August 17. More on http://t.co/X66eML9P

@pn_Rory_McKeown: However PKF stress work will continue to get Pompey deal done before next season as per Football League rules. More on http://t.co/X66eML9P

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270654/Zimbabwe-finance-minister-admits-Weve-got-138-34-bank.html

Zimbabwe's finance minister has taken a hard look at the cash strapped country's bank accounts - and discovered it only has £138 and 34 pence left.

Tendai Biti made the announcement at press conference yesterday declaring: 'Last week when we paid civil servants there was $217 in government coffers.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270654/Zimbabwe-finance-minister-admits-Weve-got-138-34-bank.html#ixzz2JT2E0cfU

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Cue comments

Perhaps they could give financial advice to the Trust

Perhaps TB may be needed elsewhere

Maybe it is time we got a petition together to send to the government (think you need 200k signatures)

As it cant be right that people are being sacked, pay cuts while administrators are taking home that money that could of kept those people employed. They have been in admin almost a year and look no better for it. It is a slap in the face to all those people at other companies who lost their jobs because they went into admin. It is a scandal that they allow them to continue for so long.

How the judge thinks granting an extension to the admin is a good idea I don't know, the Pompey circus is totally out of control and has moved from making a mockery of football to making a mockery of the British court system.

If no extension was granted, after the 12 month deadline passed, the administration would have automatically ended and the directors would have taken back control.

Anybody who thinks that this would have been a good idea would have to be a complete and utter "Nutjob".

Thar's interesting. He could have got a six month extension from the creditors without troubling the Judge. Obviously considered that too risky.

To be a fly on the wall for that conversation...

TB: Chinny my old mate, could I please have a six month extension so that I can try and wrap up the sale to the PST?

Chinny: F*&^ off.

If no extension was granted, after the 12 month deadline passed, the administration would have automatically ended and the directors would have taken back control.

Anybody who thinks that this would have been a good idea would have to be a complete and utter "Nutjob".

Well I think that it is a great idea, but then again I'm a self confessed SWF nutjob (and proud!)

:)

@pn_Rory_McKeown: PKF confirm #Pompey's court hearing adjourned until February 14, 2013. More on http://t.co/X66eML9P

@pn_Rory_McKeown: Also, PKF confirm judge grants #Pompey 6-month administration extension until August 17. More on http://t.co/X66eML9P

@pn_Rory_McKeown: However PKF stress work will continue to get Pompey deal done before next season as per Football League rules. More on http://t.co/X66eML9P

Oh Goody .... Another St Valentines Day Massacre .............

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=509:pompey-supporters-trust-statement-on-latest-adjournment&catid=34:demo-category

Still on course, no probs, keep pledging, delay helps to finalise the detail etc, etc, etc............

Do they just copy and paste the statements after every adjournment then ??

They are hilarious.

In one breath... "The new delay is very frustrating for the PST bid team"

Then the next... "Our bid is virtually complete and the additional time will allow the final i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed"

So which is it? Do you want more time or not?

LOL PKF get another 6-months to continue raping the corpse more pound notes disappearing down the drain along with the fat.

And still the trust exclaim the delay is a good thing as it allows them time to finalize their bid. Just how long will they continue with this unadulterated B****cks!

How many times over the last phew months have they been finalizing their bid.

And another rant just how many i's & how many more t's need crossing for f**k sake. There must be nearly as many I's & T's as L's against their team.

All I can say is thank god for the PST's transparency, its more like the secret service.

I used to want them gone liquidated, now I pray that the trust get to take them over. Let the comedy keep rolling.

They're short of their break even gate by a thousand or more each home match.

The administrators are draining them at about £60k a month.

The lawyers continue to chew through the money at a rate of knots.

PPs will probably not even 'rest' in their account before going to football creditors.

The rate of new gifts - sorry, pledges - coming in is clearly way short of the burn rate.

And yet the further delay is supposed to be a GOOD thing?????!!!!

Not enough face-palms...

They genuinely do seem to be too dim to make the connection between them not yet having made a bid to PKF & PKF not being able to go to Court for approval to accept that bid.

S'between PKF 'n Portpin innit? Nuffink to do wiv de PST.

surely, even the biggest halfwit of a pompey fan can see there is no hope for their club...?

surely, they are better off accepting fate and preparing early to 'start again' and have a right go from the off...if they did it right, they could be in league 2 in a few years and have many great travels and laughs doing so.....

They're short of their break even gate by a thousand or more each home match.

The administrators are draining them at about £60k a month.

The lawyers continue to chew through the money at a rate of knots.

PPs will probably not even 'rest' in their account before going to football creditors.

The rate of new gifts - sorry, pledges - coming in is clearly way short of the burn rate.

And yet the further delay is supposed to be a GOOD thing?????!!!!

Not enough face-palms...

Surely, the longer this drags on, the value of Portsmouth FC or whatever it's called gets LESS and LESS

So, it could well be that SOMEONE will end up buying Portsmouth FC or whatever it's called for £1

Then they can start with a clean (though refurbished twice) sheet

Edited by SaintRichmond
spelling

Is there a cut off date for them exiting administrations for when the 10 points get deducted (i.e. this season / next season) or is it simply at the discretion of the FL?

The points penalty will be applied at the discretion of the FL, but only after they come out of admin. So it's seems possible they could get points deducted this or next season, however the longer it takes the more likely it will be next season if the current form continues.

there are so many scenarios, it needs a decision tree to see all possibilities!

@saintgert: @colinfarmery your pledges will barely cover PKF fees. ****ing hilarious

@colinfarmery: @saintgert That says more about PKF's fees than PST's pledges I feel. Good job we budgeted for them, eh? ;o)

So, let's get this right.... When the Trust submitted their bid last year they knew exactly how long the admin iwould drag out for (and ergo knew that there would be three adjournments) and were this able to budget for PKF's fees...

Have these people really got that much foresight....or a time machine?

P.s. I seem to recall a Trust prediction in October saying that the takeover would be done and dusted by Christmas.

Budgeted for PKF's fees my arse...

@saintgert: @colinfarmery your pledges will barely cover PKF fees. ****ing hilarious

@colinfarmery: @saintgert That says more about PKF's fees than PST's pledges I feel. Good job we budgeted for them, eh? ;o)

So, let's get this right.... When the Trust submitted their bid last year they knew exactly how long the admin iwould drag out for (and ergo knew that there would be three adjournments) and were this able to budget for PKF's fees...

P.s. I seem to recall a Trust prediction in October saying that the takeover would be done and dusted by Christmas.

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:27[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Zorba

Are PKF owed all of their fees (est 2 mill) or have they been paid some already? If so, how much is still owed?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:29[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Colin:

That is probably a question for PKF. I don't have any information on the sums involved, but this is directly a matter for the creditors, not PST.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

They have no idea of the costs but have budgeted for them anyway?!

FFS trousers! A budget has been prepared and that budget includes a figure for PKF fees.

Therefore everything must be fine.

The budget also includes income from £11k gates and from the sale of golden goose eggs.

FFS trousers! A budget has been prepared and that budget includes a figure for PKF fees.

Therefore everything must be fine.

The budget also includes income from £11k gates and from the sale of golden goose eggs.

Remember, in the manner of M&S adverts, this is not any budget, this is the PST rubustest budget.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})