Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Surely the BBC have got the match report wrong, it shows the result as Portsmouth 1 Hartlepool 3 with a crowd of 10,981. Surely there must be a one missing from the Portsmouth score and the crowd must have been 20,000. I mean the biggest bestest football team South of London surely would not lose at home to Hartlepool in front on only 10,000 fans right??

WTFILN

Kraken, if you're about - has POL imploded to this evening???

- Resignation about their relegation fete.

- Frattoniser moaning that they lost against one of the worst teams that have ever been to FP, he didn't even know they had scored a third :lol:

- one poster has started a challenge to see who can record the biggest derby victory against us on FIFA 13 - I **** you not!

- Resignation about their relegation fete.

- Frattoniser moaning that they lost against one of the worst teams that have ever been to FP, he didn't even know they had scored a third :lol:

- one poster has started a challenge to see who can record the biggest derby victory against us on FIFA 13 - I **** you not!

Surely Frattoniser didn't leave before Full Time???

Worse still, he didn't attend??

Edited by andysstuff

Surely Frattoniser didn't leave before Full Time???

Worse still, he didn't attend??

Yep he wasn't there :lol:

They are also now bigging up their attendance.

Nearly 11k for a team that isn't winning

Can't wait for a couple more years to hear

Nearly 1k for a team in the Wessex League

At first, in August, it was

There's a chance they may be relegated with the 10 point deduction

then it was

They should definitely be relegated with the 10 point deduction

then it changed to

I don't think they need the -10 point, looks like they're achieving relegation all by themselves

then to

-10 points and they'll be finishing bottom

now it's

Forget the -10, it looks like they'll finish below Hartlepool on their own......

It's only Jan now, 5 months since August. How far have they fallen in just 5 months?

WTFILN!

Edited by St Jim

Don't matter who they are playing or whether they are winning or losing, they are fighting for their existence and another 5k on the gate at £20 would help them survive. The fans aren't as good as they think they are, agreed they get bigger crowds than most but they do claim to be the best, best my arse.

At first, in August, it was

There's a chance they may be relegated with the 10 point deduction

then it was

They should definitely be relegated with the 10 point deduction

then it changed to

I don't think they need the -10 point, looks like they're achieving relegation all by themselves

then to

-10 points and they'll be finishing bottom

now it's

Forget the -10, it looks like they'll finish below Hartlepool on their own......

It's only Jan now, 5 months since August. How far have they fallen in just 5 months?

WTFILN!

Get the popcorn out. Their current thrashing and heaving and general panic are just symptoms of the beginning of their terminal dive :)

I can't remember what the first court case was for? £8 million to HMRC? And we were shocked. But rather than take the medicine and stop spending they decided to keep digging.

And they dug and dug. Now after 3 years its embarrassing watching our neighbours still wallowing about in the bottom of their hole. ( still desperately looking for about £8 million)

The people who started the hole have long gone, Storrie Redknap Milan , others have passed the shovel on to each new team. Mercenaries have helped from the criminal underworld and the insolvency world. Even local politicians have pitched in and encouraged them to dig the hole. They sold the land around to fund the hole. They even mortgaged their "stadium" They signed over their TV rights and the parachute payments to fund players to get them out of the hole but they just made the hole bigger.

They formed a trust and talked about the hole for a year before jumping in the hole and helping dig deeper.

When you are in a hole stop digging.

Edited by tony13579

I can't remember what the first court case was for? £8 million to HMRC? And we were shocked. But rather than take the medicine and stop spending they decided to keep digging.

And they dug and dug. Now after 3 years its embarrassing watching our neighbours still wallowing about in the bottom of their hole. ( still desperately looking for about £8 million)

The people who started the hole have long gone, Storrie Redknap Milan , others have passed the shovel on to each new team. Mercenaries have helped from the criminal underworld and the insolvency world. Even local politicians have pitched in and encouraged them to dig the hole. They sold the land around to fund the hole. They even mortgaged their "stadium" They signed over their TV rights and the parachute payments to fund players to get them out of the hole but they just made the hole bigger.

They formed a trust and talked about the hole for a year before jumping in the hole and helping dig deeper.

When you are in a hole stop digging.

Good metaphor, which can be extended beautifully to cover practically every aspect of their predicament.

Perhaps contributers to this thread could help them by having a whip-round for a new shovel? You'd think their old one must be worn out by now :D

As far as the football is concerned they are well and truly f^cked !

To lose at home to the whipping boys of the league is as bad as it gets, most of the rats have now deserted the sinking ship and all they can do now is play some waifs and strays !

The court case and the drawn out PDT fiasco remains in the balance but I would think that even Old Nick must be considering that they are 'not getting away with it' !

It really is the classic 'death by a thousand cuts' !

WTFILN :)

@Pompeys12thMan: Following on from the Fans Conference meeting yesterday, a couple of points about the community bid & where it currently stands..

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 1. Regardless of outcome of next weeks court date, PST still looking at a completion date in early March.

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 2. HNW's already put money into club to help running costs. This isn't a loan & won't be repaid but will be converted into equity..

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 3. If takeover doesn't happen HNW's lose this money (6 figure sums in many cases) That's how confident they are in the bid..

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 4. Money to purchase is in place. Call for fans to keep investing is to provide additional funds & show HNW's fans believe in bid too.

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 5. PST unable to provide full details due to restrictions placed by PKF until court case over land purchase completed.

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 6. Fans money is secure in solicitors escrow account. It will not be used to pay Chainrai, court costs or other fees. It's protected.

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 7 (updated) If bid fails, maximum fans will lose is 2.5% of the amount returned subject to a maximum charge of £25...

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 8. Council loan remains in place should it be required. It's being offered, with conditions, at extremely preferable rates to PST.

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 9. Lots of clubs watching & willing this to happen. PST believe, HNW's believe. Pompey fans believe it too, it's going to happen!

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 9. Lots of clubs watching and thinking why are they still in business and offering ridiculous wages

PST believe in transparency but can't answer any questions

HNW's believe they are contributing to the £30m revenue stream the club generates for the city.

Pompey fans believe it too, it's going to happen that the club will be so far down the football pyramid that Eastleigh, Havant, Totton and Gosport Borough will be considered as giants in the game compared to Pompey in 2 years time!

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 9. Lots of clubs watching and thinking why are they still in business and offering ridiculous wages

PST believe in transparency but can't answer any questions

HNW's believe they are contributing to the £30m revenue stream the club generates for the city.

Pompey fans believe it too, it's going to happen that the club will be so far down the football pyramid that Eastleigh, Havant, Totton and Gosport Borough will be considered as giants in the game compared to Pompey in 2 years time!

The whole thing reminds me of a nine-year-old whistling in the dark to keep his spirits up as he walks through a graveyard at midnight

when you take his nine positive points and apply minus ten points, you aren't left with much.

Completion by early March?

Good luck with that timescale.

They were going to be given the keys before Christmas, they had caravan parties celebrating their new ownership.

But nothing has happened other than £9K a day going out of the door, and dark clouds gathering.

So, point 2. Loans from HNWs converted into equity. So unless they have a different class of shares that makes the PST very much a minority shareholder. So much for fans owned club!

Which has of course been ratified by those who have pledged and made clear by the PST!

Under 11,000 for a club that needs every penny is shameful.

Wasn't a problem when they were winning stuff ...

Daren,

I am no Pompey apologist but, in my view, 11,000 at their place isnt bad bearing in mind the dire stuff the team plays.

In all honesty I wouldn't have seen us do too much better at the Dell.

Their supporters may pour scorn on our 'soulless bowl' but it attracts more paying customers as it is a decent place to watch football.

It will be interesting next season as and when Pompey go down (and possibly struggle) They will be lowest ranked club on the South Coast and possibly behind Bournemouth in home crowds if Bompey go up and do well.

Also there are often comments made by Pompeyites about empty seats at St Marys

Back in their 'glory days' of the early 50's Fratton Park had a capacity of over 50,000 yet their highest average attendance was 37,000 at a time when most clubs played to capacity crowds.

One year their championship winning side played to an average attendance of less than Hull City in the old 3rd Division!!!!

Portsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey

Today's attendance: 10,981 #Pompey

we have the best atmosphere in world football

PMSL

That is absolutely shocking, although they are falling to their natural level of around 6k...

The PDT trust spokesman Colin Farmerys rallying call to action worked well then, having asked fans to buy a ticket on his mega web chat... watching him stutter through his little video with the news made me almost feel a little sorry for him as he is clearly deluded and way out of his depth... but they all want to be the fan on the board so desperately, I cant wait until these mugs start falling out with each other.

They need to hurry up and fold, they could be rebuilding at Moneyfields as we speak, and they have blown millions in the last year in this administration, millions which would have secured their future at non-league level. Instead they once again decided to break the bank on mercenary players and delusion...

WTFILN

But that's around 3k short of the business plan. Doesn't sound much, but that's about £1million short over a season, and that's a big number for a lower league club.

What's the betting on them getting 5 figures on Tuesday? My money's on "not a chance".

Now correct me if I'm being over-optimistic, but

Point 1. Isn't there a date around then that is used to determine whether a points penalty is taken in the current season or the following one?

Point 2. And if the Skates were already down without the -10, could it be carried over to next season?

@Pompeys12thMan: Point 1. Regardless of outcome of next weeks court date, PST still looking at a completion date in early March.

Now correct me if I'm being over-optimistic, but

Point 1. Isn't there a date around then that is used to determine whether a points penalty is taken in the current season or the following one?

Point 2. And if the Skates were already down without the -10, could it be carried over to next season?

There is.

However that date ONLY applies to new admins in the season - ie go into admin before the date and receive the penalty straight away. Go into admin after the date and the league decide whether you get the penalty the same season or the next - if you stay up you get the points deduction, if you go down anyway you get the points deduction the following season.

This doesn't apply to the DFCSBs though as they went into admin last season. The FL do however still hold 'discretion' over the points penalty that is due when they exit admin and we could well see them apply the penalty next season if/when the skates go down at the end of this season - assuming they come out of admin before the end[?] of June. If they don't they're toast anyway so the FL can keep the points as it makes no difference :D

Daren,

I am no Pompey apologist but, in my view, 11,000 at their place isnt bad bearing in mind the dire stuff the team plays.

Which is a fair point, but they keep banging on about having the bestest fans. When they stop pedalling the myth that they're anything other than fans like any team's fans, then perhaps we can get off their backs about shoddy attendance figures in their hour of dire need.

They are an average provincial club, with average provincial supporters, who don't have any right to play at any particular level, field players of any particular class, but who do have the duty to pay their bills and taxes like any other business.

There is.

However that date ONLY applies to new admins in the season - ie go into admin before the date and receive the penalty straight away. Go into admin after the date and the league decide whether you get the penalty the same season or the next - if you stay up you get the points deduction, if you go down anyway you get the points deduction the following season.

This doesn't apply to the DFCSBs though as they went into admin last season. The FL do however still hold 'discretion' over the points penalty that is due when they exit admin and we could well see them apply the penalty next season if/when the skates go down at the end of this season - assuming they come out of admin before the end[?] of June. If they don't they're toast anyway so the FL can keep the points as it makes no difference :D

As the League are still in love with with their beloved Portsmouth, there is NO WAY that they would impose the -10 next season, should they go down this one.

I cannot think of ANY Company, Organisation, Shop etc etc, that being in the same situation as PFC, that would STILL BE ALLOWED TO TRADE

WHY are the FL turning a Nelson's Blind Eye to this. What hold do Portsmouth have over the FL. We don't even have a decent Navy any more

Edited by SaintRichmond
spelling

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})