Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The league introduced that date deadline to prevent clubs taking advantage of choosing to take their points penalties when it suited them.

No one has even been this insolvent or acted this illegally before so we are in new territory, and the FL do make it up as they go along, BUT I expect them to use full discretion in this case and impose the penalty for maximum effect.

It is a punishment after all, it would be pointless imposing it on an already-relegated club.

If pompey are relegated under their own steam then I expect to see it carried over.

Whatever they do it can't be funnier than a home defeat to Hartlepool in front of a crowd that fell well short of their own projected figures.

These three home games in a week could be a financial disaster, especially for the local economy that is due about £40M this week.

Any HNWI will need deep pockets and the patience of a.......person who is happy to wave goodbye to several hundred thousand pounds for a minor stake in a non-league club.

I am no Pompey apologist but, in my view, 11,000 at their place isnt bad bearing in mind the dire stuff the team plays.

In all honesty I wouldn't have seen us do too much better at the Dell.!

Fair enough but 11k at Pompey is ~50% capacity

11k at the dell would have been ~70% capacity

Someone should maybe point out that in 7 years of the prem' date=' they spent in excess of £400 milllion and not a penny on infrastructure.... says it all[/quote']

Indeed....and yet they persist in comparing our brief brush with administration with their years of financial irregularity and misappropriation. Apples and oranges? More like kumquats and melons...

How many Pompey fans complained about the lack of infrastructure investment enroute to Wembley?

**** all, that's how many.

They got what they wished for. Simple.

Edited by trousers

A few pompey supporters views by way of conversation

"Well, League Two won't be too painful, I don't think we'll be there long enough for that"

"getting out of the conference could be hard though...only 2 spots"

"Staying up in the conference could be hard the way we are going"

"Short of sticking rusty nails in my eyes, nothing could be more painfull than what I have been watching down at the park recently. I did not think it could get much worse until I endured that 90 minutes yesterday"

"One day, someone will actually pull the trigger - hopefully!"

It makes me understand why fans may moan and groan at teams like Arsenal who haven’t put a trophy in the cabinet for many years.‘You can play pretty stuff but until you get a medal nothing else matters, especially when it comes to the league because it’s a slog for nine months.

‘Once you have done it, it’s something you hunger for again.

‘I was lucky enough to be involved again last season with Charlton, doing it a second time, and that is what football is about.

‘It’s not about the money for me or just playing games or entertaining, it’s not about all that stuff.

‘Only six per cent of footballers in their career will ever win a league, it’s as small as that.

‘To become part of that you want to do it again and again and that is what my hunger is, that is what I drive for.

‘That is what inspires me and drives me to play week in, week out.

‘Other players might be different.

‘You have to find what sparks you.

‘It might be money, it might be fame. If that’s what sparks you then good luck to you.

‘But what sparks me, what tickles me and gets me going is not just winning games but winning leagues and medals.’

He must be sick to the back teeth then - a fifteen game winless streak culminating in a home loss to rock bottom Hartlepool is hardly the stuff dreams are made of is it?

I see that phrase "been offered a fresh deal" in there again. It's becoming a recurring theme. They used to get another month extension. Now they get offered fresh terms. I think the HNWs are either running out of cash or patience.

OK speculation time due to the lack of anything actually happening.

What's people's thoughts on this weeks court case? Amusing or serious - let's be honest, we couldn't have made the one before last up!

It's 100 days since they last won

Happy Centenary !!

My favourite...

Yeah, I saw that and was really pleased for 'Pool and the fans.

Portsmouth have always had some sly scumbags ...... makes me laugh when people come on here claiming they're all a great bunch of fans and 'would you like to contribute to the Save Pompey campaign?'

**** off.

:)

What's people's thoughts on this weeks court case? Amusing or serious - let's be honest, we couldn't have made the one before last up!

My money is on no court case. There will suddenly be a need for a further adjournment - that cliff is getting nearer....

I've lost track now - does anything serious happen on 31st or is it yet another procedural hearing to fix a date for some time in the future?

I've lost track now - does anything serious happen on 31st or is it yet another procedural hearing to fix a date for some time in the future?

Sod's bloody law it will :D We're moving house on Wednesday and we won't have broadband for two weeks! Not enough data on my phone plan to keep checking every few minutes as I have done for the past 2+ years.

Sod's bloody law it will :D We're moving house on Wednesday and we won't have broadband for two weeks! Not enough data on my phone plan to keep checking every few minutes as I have done for the past 2+ years.
Go next door and ask some fiendish question and take a photo of the back of thier wifi router.... paswords sorted... LOL

Think this one deserves more of an airing:

"Bad enough that it was set up and that they were heavily out-numbered. Braying old fellas with walking sticks? Brave of them. I bet they feel so proud. I take comfort in knowing that half their female populace get knobbed by servicemen from outside the area on a regular basis. They probably have a lot of bastard issues"

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=758025&page=4#ixzz2JHAsyqw3

Think this one deserves more of an airing:

"Bad enough that it was set up and that they were heavily out-numbered. Braying old fellas with walking sticks? Brave of them. I bet they feel so proud. I take comfort in knowing that half their female populace get knobbed by servicemen from outside the area on a regular basis. They probably have a lot of bastard issues"

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=758025&page=4#ixzz2JHAsyqw3

Shame of it is, a middle aged Pompey fan was attacked and put in hospital after the Walsall away game and, quite understandably, there was outrage by many Pompey supporters

However noticed that there were one or two comments posted by 657 wannabes rejoicing in the fact that the Hartlepool 'mob' got a slap.

Different perspective from the Hartlepool board.

Separately, heard from someone today who has had dealings with Pompey in the past (not a great deal of money but club officials always wanted to pay by cash!!!) that Pompey leave Stoneham Lane owing a considerable 6 figure sum.

Not sure if anyone can verify this but, if correct, might put a different spin on the evacuation from the Training Ground.

I have always been comforted by the fact that our fan base is relatively tolerant.

Can you imagine the issues if Saints had a training base in the PO post code!!

S

Separately, heard from someone today who has had dealings with Pompey in the past (not a great deal of money but club officials always wanted to pay by cash!!!) that Pompey leave Stoneham Lane owing a considerable 6 figure sum.

Not sure if anyone can verify this but, if correct, might put a different spin on the evacuation from the Training Ground.

TBH I always thought it was a case of being kicked out rather than quitting to save money, or at least I'm imagining I read that on this thread.

I guess they've got to say that they're cost cutting publicly though!!

More fool the owners of the training ground if they let Pompey rack up yet more debt with them.

[

Separately, heard from someone today who has had dealings with Pompey in the past (not a great deal of money but club officials always wanted to pay by cash!!!) that Pompey leave Stoneham Lane owing a considerable 6 figure sum.Not sure if anyone can verify this but, if correct, might put a different spin on the evacuation from the Training Ground.

I have always been comforted by the fact that our fan base is relatively tolerant.

Can you imagine the issues if Saints had a training base in the PO post code!!

Pompey were paying 1 month in advance and if they missed one month they were out because of all the hassle last time, so they really did pull out or didnt pay one month and got thier marching orders.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=758025&page=4#ixzz2JHAsyqw3

This quote struck a chord with me -

My gaffer is, or 'was' a Pompey fan.

However since they went down the pan he says he doesn't like football anymore and along with the lasses in the office (all up their own arses) he now chooses to slag football off and its been firmly struck off the list of 'acceptable' topics to talk about in the office, having been replaced by X Factor and the like.

I was talking to a decent Skate fan (I know, I know - but all things are relative) at the weekend, and he is one of those that 'gets it', but still turned out for the humiliation v Hartlepool, and for a fleeting moment I felt a little sympathy.

Then this morning, trying to engage with an alleged Pompey fan at work, I got all of the above. He cancelled his season ticket as soon as they were relegated from the Prem and football is off limits now. When we were in a mess I got all the sarky comments and the sly crowing in front of my colleagues but I took it in good heart - and I kept my season ticket.

So, I apologise for my moment of straying from the one true path, but I'm okay now.

So, are they dead yet??

There are some really lovely comments on that thread.

I've lived in Portsmouth all my life, I'm 27, and can confirm that this city has more than its fair share of nasty little ***'s.

9/10 Pompey fans are deluded and talk utter sh!te.

Can't stand them. Had their moment in the sun and started giving it the old we're the best fans in the world blah,blah,blah.

They're now back where they belong playing the Hartlepools of this world.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=758025&page=4#ixzz2JHAsyqw3

This quote struck a chord with me -

My gaffer is, or 'was' a Pompey fan.

However since they went down the pan he says he doesn't like football anymore and along with the lasses in the office (all up their own arses) he now chooses to slag football off and its been firmly struck off the list of 'acceptable' topics to talk about in the office, having been replaced by X Factor and the like.

I was talking to a decent Skate fan (I know, I know - but all things are relative) at the weekend, and he is one of those that 'gets it', but still turned out for the humiliation v Hartlepool, and for a fleeting moment I felt a little sympathy.

Then this morning, trying to engage with an alleged Pompey fan at work, I got all of the above. He cancelled his season ticket as soon as they were relegated from the Prem and football is off limits now. When we were in a mess I got all the sarky comments and the sly crowing in front of my colleagues but I took it in good heart - and I kept my season ticket.

So, I apologise for my moment of straying from the one true path, but I'm okay now.

So, are they dead yet??

They attracted a high percentage of fairweather fans when the sun was shining. They seem to have disappeared quickly. The same will happen to the likes of Stoke and Reading when they fall (judging by their equally **** out-of-Premier League attendance).

The few are nothing special.

There are some really lovely comments on that thread.

Can't stand them. Had their moment in the sun and started giving it the old we're the best fans in the world blah,blah,blah.

They're now back where they belong LOSING TO the Hartlepools of this world.

Sorry - it needed doing

get yourself a hard hat and a high viz jacket, give it three months and you can drive your bulldozer through dressing rooms, dugout, boardroom - and sit pitchside until the man from Tesco comes along to

measure out where the cheese counter starts and the bakery ends.

Or just pay a tenner on Saturday, whatever looks like more fun.

They'll be the same number of people there either way.

get yourself a hard hat and a high viz jacket, give it three months and you can drive your bulldozer through dressing rooms, dugout, boardroom - and sit pitchside until the man from Tesco comes along to

measure out where the cheese counter starts and the bakery ends.

Or just pay a tenner on Saturday, whatever looks like more fun.

They'll be the same number of people there either way.

Would they sell Skate at the new Fratton Tesco or would that be to much like cannibalism?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-1-hartlepool-3-1-4726994

The visit of Hartlepool provided another low point just when it seemed the lift shaft had reached the bottom.

Let’s not get sniffy about a club like the Pools through misplaced snobbery and start dragging up history and heritage as exhibits in pathetic desperation.

Pompey have no right to beat anyone they encounter in League One, make no mistake. Their recent FA Cup and Premier League status are irrelevant in the climate they find themselves.

The club have been torn to shreds by breathless mismanagement from a procession of owners and chief executives who have dragged it to the point of liquidation.

I bet the purchasers thought it would be for their lives, not the life of the club :)

I was shocked when I realised that these are still being 'honoured' this season. Surely the current club is a different legal entity to the one that sold Westwood and his chums their lifelong season tickets? Why does PFC 2011(?) accept tickets issued by PFC 1990 or whatever version of the club it was that existed when they sold these tickets? It's a different business.

I was shocked when I realised that these are still being 'honoured' this season. Surely the current club is a different legal entity to the one that sold Westwood and his chums their lifelong season tickets? Why does PFC 2011(?) accept tickets issued by PFC 1990 or whatever version of the club it was that existed when they sold these tickets? It's a different business.

As long as they grasp on to the spoils of cheating with the fingers of their fetid corpse, then the life long season ticket sold to the smelly one will be valid.

They day they grow some balls and walk away from their tainted history is the day the tattooed spazzer will have to pay for his ticket.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})