Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So who was the presser with?

Was it with a) the driver of the removal van? b) A furniture expert? c) some member of the Pompey coaching staff, trying to ellicit sympathy?

If a) "Well, we came here with a game plan, and it worked. We went with one up front in the cab, and four at the back. We've got what we've came for, I thought we did really well, we out manouvred them, and they can have complaints about the result at the end of the day."

If b) "To be honest, the legs have gone on most of them, and they're looking a bit tired. On some of them the seats are over-stuffed, and in others the stuffing is spilling out. There are one or two elegant pieces, but even they have seen better days, and I don't think we'll get much for any of them."

If c) "We've tried our best to keep hold of them, but to be honest, when a bigger club comes calling, you just have to let them go. One or two of them were looking a bit too comfortable so we've let them go as well. But thee's a couple in there we'll be really sorry to see go. Kanu stretched out on one of them, and Avram spent many a happy hour sat on them."

And what's happening to the furniture. Is it being taken to their new training ground? The upholstery will get a big soggy at King George VI playing fields.

@joemichalczuk: So #Pompey fans - do you think a club as passionate, historic and primal as ours needs to arrange 'let's make up song nights' ?

@joemichalczuk: Isn't that for grounds that lack a fanbase and heritage? Never thought I'd see 'atmosphere night' at Fratton...

Edited by trousers

So who was the presser with?

Was it with a) the driver of the removal van? b) A furniture expert? c) some member of the Pompey coaching staff, trying to ellicit sympathy?

If a) "Well, we came here with a game plan, and it worked. We went with one up front in the cab, and four at the back. We've got what we've came for, I thought we did really well, we out manouvred them, and they can have complaints about the result at the end of the day."

If b) "To be honest, the legs have gone on most of them, and they're looking a bit tired. On some of them the seats are over-stuffed, and in others the stuffing is spilling out. There are one or two elegant pieces, but even they have seen better days, and I don't think we'll get much for any of them."

If c) "We've tried our best to keep hold of them, but to be honest, when a bigger club comes calling, you just have to let them go. One or two of them were looking a bit too comfortable so we've let them go as well. But thee's a couple in there we'll be really sorry to see go. Kanu stretched out on one of them, and Avram spent many a happy hour sat on them."

And what's happening to the furniture. Is it being taken to their new training ground? The upholstery will get a big soggy at King George VI playing fields.

Brilliant!

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

My guess is Todorov - close? RT @pn_jordan_cross: Cracking story in The News tomorrow about a fans' favourite wanting to come back to #Pompey

Currently playing in the Ukrainian Premier League - 0 goals so far...

Kanu would be funnier ;)

So – and here’s a phrase you’ll normally only read in the angling column, and even then not very often – let’s start with fish.

Blues fans seem to have a bit of a thing with sealife if all the contributions I collected on Twitter are anything to go by.

Ha ha u couldn't make it up, Skates eh!

Our physio Steve Allen knew Yassin when he was at Charlton and so was aware what a good player he is.

On 4 June 2010, Charlton announced that Moutaouakil's contract had been mutually terminated.

See, these are the silly little mistakes that creep in when your Head of Recruitment walks out on you.

And for Whittingham, who was on the coaching staff when the Blues initially moved there in 2002, it was another sad day.

He said: "The training ground has seen a lot."

"I bet there would be arguments over who has been the best team coming out of the changing rooms."

Come on now. Own up. Phil? Nick? Was it one of you?

Pompey manager in 'almost getting it' shocker...

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/removal-vans-on-hand-as-pompey-begin-eastleigh-goodbye-1-4718697

‘There have been some great times, of course, but ultimately I suppose in a way we are paying for that now and we are where we are.

‘When you are in the Premier League you think it is never going to finish. I suppose it was one of those where we’ll do that one day, we’ll do that one day, we’ll do that one day. But we never did.

Sooooo.....Club that got properly punished for financial irregularities lose out to club who are now in their second administration in 3 years and yet to receive their full punishment....Carlsberg don't do injustices, but if they did...

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/guy-challenges-new-recruits-to-seize-chance-1-4718694

Moutaouakil steps backs into league football after playing for Hayes & Yeading this season.

Luton were keen on signing the 26-year-old after he spent a period training with them but Blues physio Steve Allen’s influence saw him come to Pompey.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/625701264?-11209:804

Portsmouth will be thrown out of the Football League if the club remains in administration

Think that is in the FL rules, so not news - but still nice to see it in writing!

The other looming deadline is the first anniversary of the administration - 15 February or thereabouts, from memory. In theory they need to go back to court to get an extension, so we should expect to see something on London Gazette soon on this, unless the PST somehow miraculously takes control before then.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/625701264?-11209:804

Portsmouth will be thrown out of the Football League if the club remains in administration

Greg Clarke insists Portsmouth will be thrown out of the Football League if the club fails to exit administration by the summer.The Football League chairman indicated the body are becoming weary by the lack of progress at the League One outfit, who have twice entered administration since 2009.

A supporters group are attempting to take control of the strickenFratton Parkspacer.gif club, but Clarke admits time is running out.

"Portsmouthspacer.gif are at the last chance saloon. They can't enter another season in administration," Clarke said. "So they either sort themselves out before the start of next season or they are out of the Football League.

"The Football League has given them every opportunity and the administrators have given them every opportunity for the fans to buy the club - they are now the preferred bidder.

"They are going to the High Court. They are trying to get a deal which they can afford on the stadium so they'll have somewhere to play football.

"And we are hopeful, because there are a lot of committed people in Portsmouth trying to get this right and end up with a fan-owned club that will operate the club in the long term interests of continuing football in the city and the Football League are right behind that."

Hmmm.... with the next court date looming, I assume the timing of this 'shot across the bows' from the Football League is significant respect of the court case.....with my conspiracy hat on, maybe even Birch himself urged the FL to release a statement so that he can play the sympathy card in front of the judge next week? "Look m'lud....the FL have issued an ultimatum.....only you can save the club now by agreeing to the lowest valuation of Fratton Park...."

Think that is in the FL rules, so not news - but still nice to see it in writing!

The other looming deadline is the first anniversary of the administration - 15 February or thereabouts, from memory. In theory they need to go back to court to get an extension, so we should expect to see something on London Gazette soon on this, unless the PST somehow miraculously takes control before then.

:lol:

(sorry, had to laugh out loud at the last bit) :)

That is so unfair!

The football authorities put them into this mess by forcing dodgy owners upon them and the Football League keep punishing them for the same offence.

They won't even let them put out a competitive side so it's not fair on other teams too - and now they threaten to chuck them out?? :o

Someone needs to put this right because pompey have done nothing wrong and are being victimised by authorities and even by referees who all had an email from FIFA to tell them to give goal kicks instead of corners, throw-ins the other way, and to deny them penalties.

This is a scandal, hopefully a packed park tomorrow for the comfortable home win again Hartlepool will bring this to the attention of the world media who will lap it up and put in on their front pages.

The faithful blue army should wave hankies, but only small ones - in case it looks like The Dave Clark Five surrendering.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/clarke-sets-deadline-for-pompey-to-exit-administration-1-4720055

Why are they making this out to be some kind of revelation when all Clarke is doing is reiterating the existing rules?

Headlines like "Something we have known needs to happen for a long time still needs to happen" is not going to sell many papers?

From POL

With the courts doing what the courts do, adjournment here, long holiday there, and Portpin being the prize *****s that they are you could see it dragging on that long. I don't even want to imagine what the posts on this board would be like if it did though!

I'd LOVE to imagine what the posts on THIS board would be like if it did though! :lol:

What by PKF refusing to Make the Trust the preferred bidders when portpin pulled put the first time? It taking Mike Hall to expose portpin before the FL quietly told Balram him and his gang they wouldn't pass the fit and proper test?

:facepalm:

I'm bored of hearing it's the FL's fault that clubs get dodgy owners. It's not controllable. It's not black and white whether someone is suitable. Things change and people change. The only way you can be sure is to have a fans owned club (a proper fans owned club, not a develop or debt driven model), but given that so many fans have got no bloody idea how to run a business and have massive delusions above the club's station even that is rubbish.

Look at the owners / chairman Saints have had over the last 30 years.

Guy Askham and his cronies - not a particularly bad person, but no real idea, no money and eager to take the opportunity to line his own pockets. Not the perfect candidate for Chairman and you could argue with those credentials shouldn't pass a Fit Test. Not a great leader model

Rupery Lowe - See above, only he did have an idea of how to expand and run a business, but with dividend, profit and self publicity as his main goal

Michael Wilde - See above and add clueless

Marcus - We got lucky, he's our Randy Lerner. Not many about. A sound business man, with intelligence, but..... doesn't (didn't) want to run the business himself, so gave us NC

Nicola Cortese - I personally have no doubt he will get us 'there' ('there' being a position of delusion above our natural position - see?). But when you consider his methods to achieving his ends, not exactly a perfect owner / chairman or role model, but probably the best of a bad bunch.

I'd like to see the candidate that would meet a proper 'Test'.... and is Mother Teresa even interested in football?

So stop bleating about the FL failing you and get off your arses. Buy the club out and run it yourselves (and that goes for pompey, brum, forest, leeds, cov and all the other clubs moaning about there owners) or accept there are 9 cr*p owners for every good one and it goes in cycles.

....and - specificaly to our skate friends down the road - if you can't get enough fans interested to put enough money in to buy it, then at least have the good grace to accept you're not that bigger club with the bestest fanbase in the world and stop making weak excuses. There is an amount of money that is enough for BC. Get negotiating and raise the cash.

Rant over

Edited by Winchester Red

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-hero-issues-come-and-get-me-plea-1-4718705

Svetoslav Todorov has sensationally told Pompey: Come and get me.The Blues goal hero is keen on what would be an incredible return to Fratton Park.

Talks have begun with Pompey over a move for the Bulgarian striker who fired the Blues to the Premier League in 2003.

And The News understands a Fratton Park comeback would not be insurmountable financially for Pompey.

Todorov currently has a contract with Ukrainian top-flight outfit Hoverla Uzhhorod until the end of the season.

But the player’s agent, Lee Payne, explained he is prepared to walk away from that to come back to Pompey.

‘Because the club is in administration, we can only do a month at a time – but there may be some avenues to explore.

‘Basically, if Pompey want it to happen – it will happen.

‘The money being talked about, the wages Pompey can pay, isn’t an issue.

Payne said: ‘He’s playing at a much higher level than League One at the moment.

‘He’s in the Ukraine Premier League playing against sides like Shakhtar Donetsk and Dynamo Kiev.

‘He is playing against big European clubs spending millions.

:facepalm:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtt4pwqyZ2dHMijd7dMqqWw1CZ_r1ewRWuvFxppSpfmavlpPJl

Edited by trousers

Svetoslav Todorov has sensationally told Pompey: Come and get me.The Blues goal hero is keen on what would be an incredible return to Fratton Park.

Talks have begun with Pompey over a move for the Bulgarian striker who fired the Blues to the Premier League in 2003.

And The News understands a Fratton Park comeback would not be insurmountable financially for Pompey.

Todorov currently has a contract with Ukrainian top-flight outfit Hoverla Uzhhorod until the end of the season.

But the player’s agent, Lee Payne, explained he is prepared to walk away from that to come back to Pompey.

‘Because the club is in administration, we can only do a month at a time – but there may be some avenues to explore.

‘He’s in the Ukraine Premier League playing against sides like Shakhtar Donetsk and Dynamo Kiev.

‘He is playing against big European clubs spending millions

All of the above ... plus ...... He had a Big Bang on his head, and he wants to give all that up and come back to his First Love ..... Fishing

‘There’s a high likelihood they will get that ten point deduction.’ now that does not fall in the last statement from the FL where they said they would be deducting the points.

He has to say that, as there is a remote possibility they will repay the last CVA in full. My sides are splitting as I type.....

Question how much parachute payments are they actually due?

As I understand it was £16 million, £16 million, £8 million and then £8 million. Have they had the £8 million this year?

They've had the first half of this season's £8m, the second half is due next month.

‘He is playing against big European clubs spending millions

All of the above ... plus ...... He had a Big Bang on his head, and he wants to give all that up and come back to his First Love ..... Fishing

Out of his team's 18 league games this season, Todorov has started in 2 and come on as sub in 1. He has scored zero goals.

Well, I'm almost done collecting all the "thank you's" for Nigel, for those of you who did/didn't know about the onenigeladkins website.

I thought this might be also relevant to the thread.

I've got around 60 messages from the skates as well, including the comments about wishing death upon faaaaackin scummahs, making light of cancer, bestiality and general abusive/insulting remarks. Needless to say, the spelling/grammar leaves a lot to be desired.

Tempted to make a book out of them, too. Would anyone like to see them before I consign them to history?

I would suggest you might be surprised at the level of stupidity and outright, rabid anger, but you probably aren't. Horrible club, horrible people.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})