Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Much as I might agree with your sentiment, the fact is that at least three teams HAVE been in Admin 2 seasons running, and each has had extra large points deductions imposed on it by the Football League:

Luton Town 2007-08, still in Admin at start of 2008-09 - 10 points for first admin, plus another 20 for second admin combined with financial irregularities.

Bournemouth were originally deducted 10 pts for the 2007–08 season. Having failed to exit administration or to agree to a CVA before the start of the 2008–09 season, they started that season with −17 points.

Rotherham were originally deducted 10 pts for the 2007–08 season. Having failed to exit administration or to agree to a CVA before the start of the 2008–09 season, they started that season with −17 points.

All available to peruse here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_%28British_football%29

I think your missing the point, they all went into administration during a season, then they started the next season still in administration when they received their points deductions. The rules state you cannot START two consecutive seasons in the same administration. As Badger explained above Stockport County were within days of going out of the league after going into admin the same season we did 2008/9, they started the 2009/10 season still in admin, they went the whole season in admin & most of the close season. Just in time they were taken over, & came out of administration allowing them to compete. If as Badger has said it had lasted another few days they'd have been out of the league.

No Income Tax, no VAT,

Does not apply to pfc,

Clapped-out ground, Gimp with bell,

Cheating b'stards go to hell.

God bless HMRC,

Bye, bye pfc

Long live SFC

Say liquidate pfc

Liquidate pfc.

I don't think "gimp" scans too well. Have another try.

Much as I might agree with your sentiment, the fact is that at least three teams HAVE been in Admin 2 seasons running, and each has had extra large points deductions imposed on it by the Football League:

Luton Town 2007-08, still in Admin at start of 2008-09 - 10 points for first admin, plus another 20 for second admin combined with financial irregularities.

Bournemouth were originally deducted 10 pts for the 2007–08 season. Having failed to exit administration or to agree to a CVA before the start of the 2008–09 season, they started that season with −17 points.

Rotherham were originally deducted 10 pts for the 2007–08 season. Having failed to exit administration or to agree to a CVA before the start of the 2008–09 season, they started that season with −17 points.

All available to peruse here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_%28British_football%29

They went into admin last season. This is their second season in admin. Next season would be their third.

Well it looks like Pompey are doing a remarkable job of trying to get relegated even without the 10 point deduction.

Just have to hope that, if they do survive, the takeover is protracted enough such that the minus ten gets applied next season; a few weeks propping up the table of the fourth division seems quite a comedy addition to this whole saga.

does anyone feel sorry for them at all...

utterly terrible team

utterly awful stadium

no where to train

hardly any players

losing at home to the bottom team

look odds on to go down

more points deductions to come should they be allowed to play on in league 2.....

I bloody love it

7 years of premier league money and they still have no where to train.....and the only improvement to fratton was to put a roof on the away end.....

utter sham of a club

'does anyone feel sorry for them at all..' Hell no, karma is a ***** and I'm loving every single side-splitting moment of it :)

does anyone feel sorry for them at all...

utterly terrible team

utterly awful stadium

no where to train

hardly any players

losing at home to the bottom team

look odds on to go down

more points deductions to come should they be allowed to play on in league 2.....

is this one one of their new songs? :)

I love this unsupporter bit - if they lose it's great, if they win I don't really care because they're going down anyway, and I get to cheer on all sorts of obscure clubs like Hartlepool and Yeovil. It's a lot less stressful than fretting over our goal-difference after a trip to Old Trafford.

@solentsport: #Pompey midfielder Darel Russell: "Perhaps it may be my last game on Tuesday. A lot of promises were made that haven't materialised."

Lol....yet another footballer who doesn't have access to the Internet and google search engine.... ;)

Anyone know the lowest ever points total in the third tier?

Seems possible to me that the skates could be in that ball park, if the -10 deduction happens this season.

As far as I can gather since it's been 3 points for a win, it's Cambridge United in 1984/85 with 21 points

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Points/0,,10794~634798,00.html

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})