Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

For the division 10,000 on a Tuesday night is not the most shameful crowd, considering how gash they have been playing and how hopeless their plight is.

That said, was it 7-8k season tickets and lifetime season tickets? With the away supporters the walk up is probably only 1000. Maybe they could find their way from Southsea Common?

Edited by St Chalet

For the division 10,000 on a Tuesday night is not the most shameful crowd, considering how gash they have been playing and how hopeless their plight is.

That said, was it 7-8k season tickets and lifetime season tickets? With the away supporters the walk up is probably only 1000. Maybe they could find their way from Southsea Common :confused:

If anyone has photographic evidence of FP, they'll probably see that there wasn't 10,000 there...

There is no way they had over 10,000 at Fatpipes tonight.

More mythical figures.

It'll be loads of season ticket holders not bothering. From memory they published that they sold around 8,000 seaon tickets which get automatically counted. Which means tonight saw a walk up home crowd and away attendance of around 2,000.

Pack the Park.

Edit: I see this has already been covered...:blush:

@pn_neil_allen: Forget the game, have heard best chant this season. After 39 secs #Pompey fans singing 'How bad must you be, you still haven't scored'.

TCWTB has just been on the tele saying how pleased they were of how that chant went after the 4 hours solid of choir practice last week. He was equally elated that they could get to use the other one they'd been practicing..."Nil-nil and we f*cked it up..."

From FF:

Agenda.

Ashley Brown

Pam Wilkins fire report

Ticket pricing 2013 -2014

Training Ground

Future of Fans Conference

Ashley Brown.

Ashley wasn't allowed to tell the Conference everything that's been happening due to Lawyers etc.

Timescale of events: December 2012: The Trust found out around 7.30pm on the evening before the Court case that Stuart Robinson and PKF had problems. There were also a number of issues between PKF and Portpin.

Period afterwards: The Trust used the time to look at different angles and issues, including purchasing Fratton Park from day one. The bid currently in means buying Fratton Park from day one and releasing it from Portpin's grip.

Loans and Council money: Loans at an extremely favourable rate, would allow The Trust to buy Fratton Park immediately. Pledges still need to be converted as all money available would help the bid.

Ashley stated that pledges are slightly ahead of predictions.

The Administrators recent cutbacks have helped the Trust's bid. The Deal has to be sustainable, and no further cutbacks should be necessary.

The Trust hope to complete the purchase around 1st March, nothing set in stone, depending on how Court case(s) go.

Although a Court hearing is taking place on 31st January, nothing will be decided.

The Trust are extremely close to having everything in place and lined up.

The Lawyers and QC believe The Trust will have a favourable decision on the price they have to pay for Fratton Park.

Portpin's price, though nowhere near what is widely reported, is still more than The Trust can afford. Both sides have a good idea of each others deals!

There still remains the possibility that Portpin will try and de-stabilise the Trust's bid again!

Therefore, the more money pledged, and can be shown in Court, will help The Trust's attempts to buy PFC.

A confidentiality agreement by Administrators, their lawyers, Trust's lawyers means that they can't yet show how the Club would be run.

The Trust's legal costs had to be paid by December's adjournment. Portpin's had to be met by PKF.

Portpin and PKF have serious problems with each other, more so than Portpin and The Trust!

The High Networth individuals running costs for currently seeing the club through this period would turn into equity in PFC. If the Trust's bid fails The High Networths stand to lose six figure sums!

Penny Mordaunt MP, for Portsmouth North, will be hosting a Supporters Trust meeting in Parliament

Pam Wilkins Fire Safety Report

Fire authorities are set against Ticker-Tape at Fratton Park mainly due to the old wooden North and South Upper stands. Derek Stone has also said that Ticker tape can't be thrown due to health and safety reasons.

Johnny Moore said he was chasing up the Christmas Stadium reports but as Derek Stone's department have faced cutbacks there have been other priorities of late.

Sue Maskell also mentioned that Stewarding issues were still waiting to be reported back to her (This has now been adressed)

Sue Maskell and Pam Wilkins were still awaiting to finalise their next meeting with Rocky (Derek Stone)

The Conference were of the view that Customer servicing still needs massive improvement at Fratton Park. They wondered about the possibility of training people to observe Stewards and have already discussed a "mystery shopper" approach to do this in a previous meeting with Derek Stone.

The Policing of Fratton Park is not an issue but Stewarding is.

Also the idea of Voluntary Stewarding was mentioned and is something that will be broached in future meetings with Derek Stone.

The Conference felt Policing of Fratton park was not an issuebut certain Steward matters still concerned them, hence the continued meetings with Derek Stone.

Ticket pricing.

The Club wouldn't entertain the thought of a deal for the next 3 home games, special offers etc.

To look at, and ask Supporters Groups to see what Fans would be willing to pay for next Season's Season Ticket. Report back to Tom Dearie with results within the next 3 weeks.

Ashley Brown's opinion was to leave the matchday prices as they currently are but bring Season Ticket prices down from this current campaign.

Ashley Brown to send out current clubs League 2 prices for a guide!

Many ideas were put forward including, if 10k Fans were to purchase their Season Ticket by a certain date the price would significantly reduce. publicise how Season Tickets were selling. to do a deals for Under 8's for example. Under 16's to pay "pocket money" prices.

Ashley told how Chairman elect, Ian McInnes , has a vision of filling The Milton End with Youngsters wearing blue tops.

Vern Rickman asked about the possibility of selling "Saturday" Season tickets.

All Confeerence Members were asked to go away and ask Supporters Clubs Group Membership of what they think would be willing to pay for a Season Ticket ( see above paragraph)

Request From Guy Whittingham.

Guy wishes to meet with and chat to the Conference. This was widely thoght to be a great idea.

Update on Training Ground.

The Cub were planning to move to Eastney Barracks but the University has backtracked after The Trust asked Gerald Vernon-Jackson ( head of the City Council) to put "pressure" on the University. Because Portsmouth are hoping to be a Community run Club, the whole of the Community needs to pull together and help each other out. The University has now agreed that The Club can use their facilities.

Guy Whittingham wants to show the Conference exactly how training sessions work. he has kindly invited The Conference along to training, meet, and throw ideas around over a spot of lunch too!

After the traumatic experience at Walsall railway station, Guy has also invited Jo Collins and her husband along to have a look behind the scenes pre-match before the MK Dons match. an idea was put forward for Supporters Clubs to chip in and subsidise a pre match meal for the pair of them.

Jimmy Dickinson Statue.

The general sensus of opinion was that the timing was all wrong, the place where it was to be situated was wrong, and it would be nice for it to be situated on the some of the land surrounding Fratton Park. it would also be wrong to ask fans for more money at this moment in time. the idea of a statute to pompey's most famous son is a brilliant one, but not at this time!

The Conference, and how WE move forward

To consider how the Conference can move forward, would we like to invite anyone else on board (facebook groups etc), whether we need a fixed secretary, meeting minuter (sic), Chairperson etc.

How we can work with The Club, how we can get a message across to a broader spectrum of fans. How we form a structure - do we need a structure?

Do we need Focus groups? representatives? and how we evolve moving forward!

Johnny Moore and Steve Tovey are looking at hosting a "Nostalgia evening" with a Q and A with ex players, managers etc. Alan Biley and Bobby Campbell possibly lined up for the midweek prior to the last game of the Season away at Shrewsbury. The evening would be sponsored by Ian McInnes

Next Conference meeting lined up for Saturday 9h March, prior to the game Vs Bury.

A confidentiality agreement by Administrators, their lawyers, Trust's lawyers means that they can't yet show how the Club would be run.

Now I am no expert, but when it comes to showing how the club would be run, structure, board governance and ownership - I would have thought there is NO LEGAL issue... I suspect the reason they are being coy/ellusive on this is that when those who have stumped up £1000 see that the fans equity is ...lets say... a lot less than they have been led to believe, they may not take too kindly to it?

Suggests to me that the level of equity of the HNW individuals is currently very fluid in the 'upwards direction', as each month passes, they cough up more cash to keep the trading all of which needs equity conversion... the fans £1000 is meaningless - its not a share, they cant sell it and I doubt they would get anything if the club was ever sold... but the HNW individuals probably would?

It's also misleading in that there is nothing to prevent them stating how it would be RUN, just that they dont want to state who would own what and how much...

The real surprise is that so many of the pompey faithful appear to have at least enough common sense to recognise a seriously bad deal when they see one...

Edited by Frank's cousin

Kevan James on Solent this morning saying this is their worst run for 30 something years - though I'm sure the snooze will be able to spin it into another 'record beating run'

Funny that ......... from where I sit, I think it's their BEST run for 30 something years ..... long may it continue

Jeez that's an amateur minuting of a meeting. I used to run a local league club that produced reports with more substance than that...and this when we were paying £1 a a week subs!

On reflection that's probably a greater income than the PDT have to administer....wtfiln!!:D

Edited by dronskisaint

Jeez that's an amateur minuting of a meeting. I used to run a local league club that produced reports with more substance than that...and this when we were paying £1 a a week subs!

On reflection that's probably a greater income than the PDT have to administer....wtfiln!!:D

exactly, it seems so Mickey Mouse. Asking fans what they want to pay for a S/T ffs, do they not know what society is??? Some of the more decent fans will say keep it as it is but yo have the vast amount who would hurdle the turnstiles if they could to avoid paying, laughing as they did because they had got away without paying.

LLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Sounds more and more like like a final despairing plea for their favouite budget-brand LIDL to be built there

They could become LLLLLLLLLLLLLLortsmouth and join the Welsh league

From FF:

riginally Posted by Fan's conference meeting from Saturday 26.01.2013

Agenda.

Ticket pricing.

The Club wouldn't entertain the thought of a deal for the next 3 home games, special offers etc.

New ethics? Won't sell tickets for 3 games when they can't be sure there will BE another 3 games ?

This current run of form is a battling display against the odds, one of the sporting stories of the year - the team that doesn't know when it's beaten!...

Just a reminder of why you shouldn't be sympathetic (as if we need it), nice to hear pompey fans yesterday having a pop at Stains about playing at a half empty St Fairies in Delhi, where all the home fans leave before the end after booing their own team. :o

Never before have kettles and pots been so confused with each other.

Difficult to know where to start with that, it's like the finest comedy buffet ever laid on - help yourselves!

Then we have the selective reporting of a disgraceful attack on fans at Walsall, but slightly less coverage for the alleged mass attack on Hartlepool fans in Fratton.

Presumably just an editorial decision about space, or adverts.

Move along now, no conspiracy here, no agenda, just balanced reporting.

Anyway I have pressing matters to deal with in the north for a few days so hopefully nothing too bad happens to them while I'm offline, I'd hate to miss a frenzy and have to catch up 15 pages.

(And for the sharp detective Lazlo who can read between the lines like no other - I'm not ironing kit :))

They seem to be questioning the attendence given at last nights game.

About 25% of ST holders I know aren't bothering, let alone people who would have to pay

They're still counted though I believe so its 8,000 odd STH, away fans and casual fans.

Don't they have to count the number through the turnstiles for fire regulations?

Yes but I'm not sure that's the same figure that's released.

This must be the case as there is no way there were over 10,000 people there last night. I suspect they also counted people who bought tickets for the first game and didn't claim their money back or turn up.

My thoughts entirely. Looked more like there were about 8.500 - 9,250.

They seem to be questioning the attendence given at last nights game.

About 25% of ST holders I know aren't bothering, let alone people who would have to pay

They're still counted though I believe so its 8,000 odd STH, away fans and casual fans.

Don't they have to count the number through the turnstiles for fire regulations?

Yes but I'm not sure that's the same figure that's released.

This must be the case as there is no way there were over 10,000 people there last night. I suspect they also counted people who bought tickets for the first game and didn't claim their money back or turn up.

My thoughts entirely. Looked more like there were about 8.500 - 9,250.

Now, the thing is that the team is in freefall and the Trust will spend all their cash on buying the stadium

Yet the team needs to be completely rebuilt from scratch in L2.

And even people who PAID for their tickets are not bothering to go to the matches at the moment.

Which begs the question, just how many ST's WERE the trust hoping to sell next year?

If they are only getting 8,000 turning up now and by the summer the realities of the actual fans ownership is known (they sold nott arf)

Another epic fail looks more and more likely

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

#Pompey hopes of bringing back Svetoslav Todorov are beginning to fade. http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/toddy-s-blues-hopes-fade-1-4733632

Their hopes of bringing anyone in are fading fast.

Did Neil Allen seriously think that they could have afforded a player, albeit 34 years old but a former international and Premierleague striker?

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

#Pompey hopes of bringing back Svetoslav Todorov are beginning to fade. http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/toddy-s-blues-hopes-fade-1-4733632

Their hopes of bringing anyone in are fading fast.

Did Neil Allen seriously think that they could have afforded a player, albeit 34 years old but a former international and Premierleague striker?

David Connolly ??

Taken from the BBC site, surely Swindon Town cannot be demmed to be a better buy/investment than Pompey - surely not??? The biggest and bestest sleeping giant in English football still without a buyer after over a year of trying yet Swindon find one in a matter of weeks. Going to need some serious bandages for my ribs as they are starting to split from laughing.

BBC Wiltshire are reporting that a local consortium - fronted by the owner of Banbury United Jed McCrory - are close to completing a deal to buy Swindon Town.

It was revealed earlier this month that owner Andrew Black was putting the League One promotion chasers up for sale because he was no longer willing to invest.

Worcestershire-based McCrory assumed control of Southern League outfit Banbury earlier this year.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})