Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

By my, possibly dubious, calculations with the -10 they are 16 points behind the team in 4th so if the points difference stayed the same between them and 4th for the rest of the season they would be certain of relegation after the fixture on the 29th of March as after then they would only have 5 games left.

Just had a quick look at the fixture list. Portsmouth have 3 consecutive away games: S****horpe, Bournemouth and Hartlepool. If the lose that lot they are definitely bottom.

I know its stating the obvious, and is pending their forthcoming and richly deserved -10, but nevertheless - only if 'poole can either win or string some draws together.

Come on you poolies!

Endless slide for me. Any death blow will allow a phoenix club to be started.

Problem is, their debts are almost becoming salvageable. At, what £18 million to 'save' the club, they aren't far off of the value that Markus purchased us for. Albeit we came with far more fans, a far better reputation and at £4million or so less. If the skates somehow wipe out their debts a third time, they could well find themselves to represent vale for money. Hmm, I revise my opinion, a death blow is starting to sound more attractive.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

And how much did Markus need to spend on a new ground and a new training ground? Even at £1 PFC would not represent good value, as the amount that needs to be spent to get their infrastructure anywhere near to even Championship standard is so vast.

And THAT, in a nutshell, is their "Cunning Plan" ....... purchase the corpse for £1, and start all over again .... STILL in the Football League

Wel that is always the case in admin - Markus 'saints' for £0, the price being the cost of agreed settlemenst with creditors... in excess of the the value of the teh remaining assets - he got a bargain as he staplewood land is worth a few bob.

The BEST pompey can hope for is a final payoff of debt around 10-12 mil (8mil for the football creditors, the £500k to non-secured (this is the criminal figure), 4.75 to Chinney and whatever else thay owe to PFK - not sur how much of their last PP they will have left . this is what is not clear - did they use any of the penultimate 4mil to pay of any footballing debt or is that 8mil still outstanding?

in effect part of the chinney debt may be funded by teh council, but will still be debt, so the question remains how much cash they have from the gullable members and HNWIs - cant see them starting their tenure owing less than 5 mil somehow... in L2, on -10....

four days away up north, thankfully just the five pages to catch up on...god bless the adjournement, I feared a News webchat as well, but I was spared the ordeal of ploughing through 20 pages.

The comedy highlight for me was the Trust's legal advisers going into administration, though losing three home games in a week with minimum income should be enough to make anyone titter - and two against relegation rivals!

Re a Kanu agreement, IF he has settled, that is news.

The other players agreed to a total of £8.5M (?), Kanu still had still to settle on top of that, so football creditors were always due more than the remaining PPs.

Any confirmation of hero/villain Kanu's agreement?

Does anyone have a list of the 47 skate players who have played this season?

Scott Allan

Mikkel Andersen

Paul Benson

Dan Butler

Akos Buzsaky

Alex Cisak

Conor Clifford

George Colson

Jack Compton

David Connolly

Paul Connolly

Shaun Cooper

Carl Dickinson

Kieran Djilali

Mustapha Dumbuya

Simon Eastwood

Johannes Ertl

Alex Grant

Gabor Gyepes

Jon Harley

Ashley Harris

Andy Higgins

Brian Howard

Jake Jervis

James Keene

Kevin Long

Sam Magri

Jack Maloney

Izale McLeod

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

Lubomir Michalik

Yassin Moutaouakil

Jordan Obita

Adam Reed

Ricardo Rocha

Luke Rodgers

Darel Russell

Sam Sodje

Frankie Sutherland

Bradley Tarduck

Wes Thomas

Josh Thompson

Dan Thompson

Liam Walker

Jed Wallace

Adam Webster

Ashley Michael Westwood

Lee Williamson

scott allan

mikkel andersen

paul benson

dan butler

akos buzsaky

alex cisak

conor clifford

george colson

jack compton

david connolly

paul connolly

shaun cooper

carl dickinson

kieran djilali

mustapha dumbuya

simon eastwood

johannes ertl

alex grant

gabor gyepes

jon harley

ashley harris

andy higgins

brian howard

jake jervis

james keene

kevin long

sam magri

jack maloney

izale mcleod

nathaniel mendez-laing

lubomir michalik

yassin moutaouakil

jordan obita

adam reed

ricardo rocha

luke rodgers

darel russell

sam sodje

frankie sutherland

bradley tarduck

wes thomas

josh thompson

dan thompson

liam walker

jed wallace

adam webster

ashley michael westwood

lee williamson

.....and uncle Tom Cobbly and alllllll

Scott Allan

Mikkel Andersen

Paul Benson

Dan Butler

Akos Buzsaky

Alex Cisak

Conor Clifford

George Colson

Jack Compton

David Connolly

Paul Connolly

Shaun Cooper

Carl Dickinson

Kieran Djilali

Mustapha Dumbuya

Simon Eastwood

Johannes Ertl

Alex Grant

Gabor Gyepes

Jon Harley

Ashley Harris

Andy Higgins

Brian Howard

Jake Jervis

James Keene

Kevin Long

Sam Magri

Jack Maloney

Izale McLeod

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

Lubomir Michalik

Yassin Moutaouakil

Jordan Obita

Adam Reed

Ricardo Rocha

Luke Rodgers

Darel Russell

Sam Sodje

Frankie Sutherland

Bradley Tarduck

Wes Thomas

Josh Thompson

Dan Thompson

Liam Walker

Jed Wallace

Adam Webster

Ashley Michael Westwood

Lee Williamson

Not that anyone should be surprised but that really is a massive list of ****.

Scott Allan

Mikkel Andersen

Paul Benson

Dan Butler

Akos Buzsaky

Alex Cisak

Conor Clifford

George Colson

Jack Compton

David Connolly

Paul Connolly

Shaun Cooper

Carl Dickinson

Kieran Djilali

Mustapha Dumbuya

Simon Eastwood

Johannes Ertl

Alex Grant

Gabor Gyepes

Jon Harley

Ashley Harris

Andy Higgins

Brian Howard

Jake Jervis

James Keene

Kevin Long

Sam Magri

Jack Maloney

Izale McLeod

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

Lubomir Michalik

Yassin Moutaouakil

Jordan Obita

Adam Reed

Ricardo Rocha

Luke Rodgers

Darel Russell

Sam Sodje

Frankie Sutherland

Bradley Tarduck

Wes Thomas

Josh Thompson

Dan Thompson

Liam Walker

Jed Wallace

Adam Webster

Ashley Michael Westwood

Lee Williamson

If you ring up at 1330 on Saturday you will get a game!

Couldn't have put it better myself...

Nobody with a Sky Sports microphone bothers with Portsmouth any more on transfer deadline day. There was a time, not so long ago, when they would be outside Fratton Park from daybreak to last thing at night. Harry Redknapp would wind down his car window to let us know who was next to arrive. He would thank his chairman and talk about how terrific it was to sign another player for a big fee and fat contract. Then he would drive away with a little wave to the crowd who had gathered expectantly.

No point going down there now, though. The gates are locked. The curtains tremble. Portsmouth won the FA Cup under Redknapp and were bucket-collection skint within six weeks of handing it back. These days you will find them grubbing around for points towards the bottom of League One, just grateful still to be going. Pompey are the rusty old Fiat that has failed its MOT and been left out over winter. There's an engine in there somewhere, but it sounds terrible.

Probably the closest a journo has come to labelling them cheats for winning the FA Cup with players they couldn't afford...

Not sure what Allen smokes at the weekend but whatever it is it gives rise to some splendid chortle* fodder...

(*laugh at rather than laugh with)

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/opinion/they-came-they-saw-they-left-and-they-have-done-absolutely-nothing-since-1-4748365

Meanwhile, the player who joined Pompey on that same August day as Ertl, Darel Russell, was leaving with bin bag thrown into his black VW Golf.

Perhaps an eagerness to exit was behind his driving oversight as he steered his vehicle into the drainage moat situated in the middle of the car park.

The grinding as he emerged through the other side was enough for him to stop and evaluate before he was off U-turning in the Concorde Club and out of Pompey’s life forever.

But there is a reason why Pompey have been an attractive proposition for 38 new players this season.

Edited by trousers

what's likely to happen first - a win, or a creditor to get paid?

My money is on a win :o - probably against a midtable team that either gets hammered the night before, or is looking to clean up at the bookies.

Keep an eye out sometime soon for some comical defending that would even make a Wimbledon goalkeeper blush.

This Golden Run cannot go on forever, if you throw enough chimps onto enough football pitches they will eventually write a coaching manual.

I think the glorious thing about all of this is how the skate fans are losing heart.

The Trust has signally failed to unite the fanbase -in fact, it's split it quite badly.

And can you imagine how dispiriting it must be to see your team fail to win in 17 games with a threadbare squad of journeyman with no past or future at the club?

I'm trying to imagine how I'd feel if Saints were in this position. At first, I'd fight and campaign, "back the bid" etc. But after months and months of it, I think maybe I'd just drift away.

Glad somebody in the media is waking up. It annoys me the way they generally cosy up to "Harry" on the basis he'll always give them a quote.

To be fair to the Grauniad they take the mick out of 'Arry at every opportunity. Don't like the politics of the paper but the sports section is very good.

if the bestest really do create the best atmosphere in world football..it really must be special that none of us ever see...

even to beat this......supposedly inferior atmosphere...

But the bestest are here for all to see................................ that historic Scottish team in the famous green & white hoops (link) must be jealous......................

Wigan-Portsmouth-Away-Fans-cropped

577908_10200290185721032_95758845_n.jpg

first+half.JPG

2hqaquo.jpg

253249162_4021bebe48.jpg

Fratton-Park-Portsmouth-FC-300x216.jpg

27yps1v.jpg

Oh!

Not sure what Allen smokes at the weekend but whatever it is it gives rise to some splendid chortle* fodder...

(*laugh at rather than laugh with)

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/opinion/they-came-they-saw-they-left-and-they-have-done-absolutely-nothing-since-1-4748365

Interesting snippet there... Are they still using the Concorde club to house their players???

Not cheap.... Speaks volumes about their attitude as a club if they are....

Total mass of contradictions at http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-defender-insists-we-ll-get-it-right-1-4751218

Despite seeing yet another defeat, the Fratton faithful stayed behind their side to the death.

They showed their gallows humour by singing 'you're nothing special, we lose every week' to U's fans after they fell behind in 98 seconds.

But Sodje admitted it hurt to hear that – and he vowed to give fans something positive to sing about in the coming weeks.

He said: 'I want to say to these fans – they are the best fans ever.

'We've not won for 17 games and they stick behind us.

'It is difficult for us at the moment but the fans should stop singing that song about losing every week.

'It is frustrating seeing all the fans sing "you lose every week". It is hard to take.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21323930

Sam, who began his career at Stevenage and has made over 300 appearances during his career, admitted he was loving being back in football and paid tribute to the Pompey fans,

"I've played for some big clubs, but these fans are the best," said Sodje, who has also had spells with Reading, West Brom, Charlton and Leeds.

"They turn up wherever you go, and they stay until the end. I've never seen anything like it."

:facepalm:

can we just clarify a few things.

When a pompey player is interviewed and mutters inane comments, technically that is not a rallying cry.

It's just a bunch of words thrown together to fill a space, and distract from the carnage all around.

The fratton faithful are not faithful, look at the empty seats.

Ditto being the bestest.

The team is not battling, it surrendered weeks ago and is happily living in a quiet PoW camp until the war is over.

All this cliched spin was tiresome back when Grant paused between ejaculations to announce that we could never take their spirit etc.

It continued to grate during Cotterill's hilariously shambolic era, it was comedy gold under the Appleton-inspired descent, but in the light of the league table it is now just plain embarrassing.

The best atmosphere in world football. :lol:

But I do fear for that day when a game is eventually won...

Open topped bus tour, plucky headlines about the heroes who never gave up, the faithful blue army cheering the team to glory, the team that doesn't know when it's beaten etc.

Brace yourself and get a sick bag, they cannot lose forever - even though it feels like it already.

Because when that day comes, a tsunami of spin will wash away the facts of the last few months.

Its at times like this that I miss the ramblings of our good friend Corp Ho.

We may think that the best that Pompey can hope for is League 2 on minus 10 points but I am sure that in his eyes they are just a gnat's crotchet away from being in the Champions League and that we should be pig sick. I wonder how he sees events now at Fortress Fatpipes? Perhaps he could become "our occasional correspondent" giving the nutjobs the opinions of a confirmed nutter.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})