Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

This is incredible.

Wtfiln.

Indeed. In fact, who said Pompey weren't helping local organisations? Maybe they were voted community club of the year due to a huge rise in church goers in the southampton area, who now believe there is indeed a god.

@pn_neil_allen: #Pompey team news. 4 changes. Gyepes, Webster, Reed and Walker all in. Cooper, Rocha and Butler drop to 4-man bench. Connolly injured.

This must be a misunderstanding. You can't leave out a defender who has perfected the wonderful art of ghosting in front of a striker to intercept a pass. With sublime intelligence and impeccable timing, it has become the former Portuguese international’s trademark. Swooping silently akin to the magpie stealing the family silver in the dead of night, he barely gets caught. You just can't leave him out.

There are many brilliant, awe-inspiring places on the earth and I fully believe that the PTS thread is one of them. Whatever happens to us, nothing will ever come close to this on tsw. So many guffaws, chortles and ruined keyboards. We may disagree on the main board but on here we are truly united. It's fantastic. I don't want it to end, but I fear it will.

Oh well, at least we will have many brilliant memories.

P M Ryder Esq‏@pmryderesq

At least when our fans say for life not glory you know it's true #Pompey

Someone should ask this guy about the 250,000 on Southsea Common...

Having been robbed of that precious point they thought they'd won, they will have to cancel the open-top bus tour they'd already booked for Wednesday

Can't be long before a bored midtable side makes a killing at the bookies with a 3-0 defeat at Fatpipes.

(and no Detective Lazlo, I'm not that hands on, keep guessing, or eventually I'll have to tell you on Twitter, if you ever get back on there!) :)

shoeshine-boy.jpg?w=500

Still too much hands on? ;)

As for Twitter, I read some but post little... If we're not already connected there do give me a shout

There are many brilliant, awe-inspiring places on the earth and I fully believe that the PTS thread is one of them. Whatever happens to us, nothing will ever come close to this on tsw. So many guffaws, chortles and ruined keyboards. We may disagree on the main board but on here we are truly united. It's fantastic. I don't want it to end, but I fear it will.

Oh well, at least we will have many brilliant memories.

I had a look through it earlier...about 30 mins just flicking through random pages from the beginning

amazing, how over time the likes of corp have simply slipped away....quite happy to give it the big one...even at times saying they were fine and that they really had loads of money and how his mate...who he see socially every other week told him they were fine

now they are just a sham of a club....no one really has any sympathy for them in football..sure, there will be some when they go pop and the odd, bucked toothed yokel will phone in talksport shouting "pompey till I die, innit"....

they are screwed and this has been worth every minute...

what is mental, is you actually still get some of their lot saying they would not swap the cup win for league survival.....just mental

I had a look through it earlier...about 30 mins just flicking through random pages from the beginning

amazing, how over time the likes of corp have simply slipped away....quite happy to give it the big one...even at times saying they were fine and that they really had loads of money and how his mate...who he see socially every other week told him they were fine

now they are just a sham of a club....no one really has any sympathy for them in football..sure, there will be some when they go pop and the odd, bucked toothed yokel will phone in talksport shouting "pompey till I die, innit"....

they are screwed and this has been worth every minute...

what is mental, is you actually still get some of their lot saying they would not swap the cup win for league survival.....just mental

:nod:

From 2009. This makes me smile.

You lot make me laugh. "Back where they belong" "Back where we belong". Look chaps, we are where we belong because we won enough points to stay in the Prem. You're where you belong because you ****ed up your chance when you refused to buy good enough players and pay decent salaries and then weren't good enough to avoid two (count them) relegations.

You are where you belong. You've earned the right to be there. Just like we have.

You lot make me laugh. "Back where they belong" "Back where we belong". Look chaps, we are where we belong because we won enough points to stay in the Prem. You're where you belong because you ****ed up your chance when you refused to buy good enough players and pay decent salaries and then weren't good enough to avoid two (count them) relegations.

You are where you belong. You've earned the right to be there. Just like we have.

You live by the sword old boy......

I feel it's appropriate to say three (count them) relegations? And yes, we may match that figure by may, and still be two leagues above.

How many members of the trust does it take to change a lightbulb?

"We as a trust havent brought the lightbulb yet and cant tell you why, but dont worry because we are, in principle and subject to all the ducks being in line, definitely...definitely in a very strong position to be the main contender to be the owner of the said lightbult in due course. We can then get on with the business of changing the lightbulb as a community."

:lol:

As I said to Colin "Minister for Information" Farmery on Saturday, if the PDT had put the pledge money on Pompey to lose every week for the last 3 months, they'd probably have bought the club by now...

The funniest thing is they have to go begging to borrow the use of that local smashed-up squat/rec.

Where did all the money go pompey? WTFILN.

Southampton_2.jpg

As owned by Saints FC.

As an act of compassion perhaps we can offer for them to use part of this?

The dog walking area just behind the row of seven trees would be appropriate.

So eight points adrift with Hartlepool having a game in hand? Rock bottom beckons....

"LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLL" Probably what a Pompey fan says when asked about the future of his club..

And the last L will stand for Liquidation. :D

So another generous 3 pts donated to relegation rivals - Oldham, Bury and Hartlepool (again) must be eagerly awaiting similarly benevolent donations to their respective causes. Now, even the most simple of the web-toed folk recognise that all hope is lost. Only a deluded phew and the PST cling to the corpse that was once a football team. In fact, even they must now know the game is up. Stringing out the court case, delaying judgement day is the final desperate act of an organisation that knows it is beaten - unless that sugar daddy rides into town OR they eat their pride and on bended knees, beg the nice Mr Chainrai to step in once more.

A business plan built on a promotion push to the Championship with fans backing the community owned club to the hilt - the same business plan now adapted to League Two, despite having to fund an additional £6m in player settlements and £2m extra to Portpin that was somehow overlooked. Oh and wait a minute, now they can afford to buy the stadium upfront. Seriously?? Mr Farmery - you're 'avin a larf.

Now, more than ever, the good ship Portsmouth FC (or cheating, rotten cesspit) is fatally wounded. The battle cries of the 'best fans in the land' are being silenced. The feigned sympathy and admiration of many ill informed fans of other clubs has all but evaporated. As the cheats slip out of existence, it will not be in a blaze of glory or defiance. It will be with a shrug of the shoulders and a sigh of relief. A phoenix club may rise in a year or two, but it will be no AFC Wimbledon or FC United and I doubt it will make it back to The Football League in my lifetime.

And the final insult....in not so many years time, the elder menfolk of Portsea will recount tales of a once proud football club to which their offspring will reply ' That's great Dad. When can we go to watch the Saints'

WTFILN