Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

With any luck Scunny will beat them hollow tonight. That would make 8 losses on the spin LLLLLLLL, only another another 16 to go, I can hear their much-depleted 'atmosphere choir' singing their new Pompey Anthem from the broken-down remnants of fortress fatpipes at their last home fixture, "LLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, LLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, LLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Not sure they'd be able to count that high, even with the extra fingers...

Well I'm shocked. The bestest fans in the whole wide world unable to keep their shop afloat? Doesn't make sense, must be some mistake or more likely a faaaaaackin' scummah WUM

I suspect it was the cost of having to constantly remove and replace the lettering on the back of the shirts.

BBC Sport has presented a summary of the current legal shenanigans down the road - what caught my eye as a self-respecting card-carrying nutjob was their 'whos who' panel :)

Shame they didn't go the whole hog & call it the Pompey Takeover Saga

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21261611

___________________________________________________________________________________

Who is who in Pompey saga

PST - The Supporters' Trust hoping to buy Portsmouth Football Club.

PKF - The administrators dealing with the sale of Pompey.

Portpin - Former owners of the club, led by Balram Chainrai, who are also vying for control of Pompey.

Walker Morris - Law firm representing Portpin/Chainrai.

Sacha Gaydamak - Proprietor of land around Fratton Park owned through Miland Developments.

David Rubin & Partners LLP - Administrators of Miland Developments.

REL - Robinson Estates Limited

Bless them, only a 4-man subs bench. Clearly this is unfair and diminishes the spirit and integrity of the competition

Scunny score, making them 8 points from safety, or 18 points including their deduction

20 S*horpe 30 -19 29

21 Oldham 30 -15 27

22 Bury 29 -13 26

23 Portsmouth 30 -21 21

24 Hartlepool 29 -26 19

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/eastney-barracks-return-on-cards-for-pompey-1-4753213

Oh dear.

The story offers so many possibilities to write your own punchline (Cockleshell Gardens, anyone?) but as usual the devil is in the detail as to how desperate they have become.

"The arrangement will see Guy Whittingham’s men change, eat and use the newly-installed gym facilities at Fratton Park on training days.

When did this happen? Where did the money come from to install new gym facilities? Do the hard-pressed creditors know that while they're waiting for their cash, the likes of Rocha and Ertl will be racking up the miles on new exercise bikes which certainly don't come cheap?

The first bit could provide fun, as well. The players will change at Fatpipe Park, get in their cars or cram into a rusty oold Ford Transit minibus, and drive to Cockleshell Gardens, train and then drive back. Tyro League football anyone?

"The barracks is nowadays known as the Cockleshell Community Sports Club. It is closed to the general public, although is used by Meon Milton FC."

I don't know it, but it smacks to me of an attempt to give a former surplus-to-requirements defence establishment a new lease of life as a community facility with every connotation of that you can think of on Portsea Island. Perhaps there's also a player deal with Meon Milton FC whereby p****y get some of their players.

"On Friday, the Blues trained on the 4G surface at South Downs College after hopes of training at Eastney were ended by the weather."

So the pitches at Cockleshell Cove are crap and flood when it rains, and they are basically going cap in hand to any organisation that will have them.

They are homeless nomads.

This is the legacy that Redknapp and others left them with. My, that FA Cup win was worth it.

I think they owe allens press team for helping to lug the kit out, thats a magnificent refurbishment.

The plucky players will have a cucumber corner at the fortress and then head off to the marsh land - Agent David stays within the fatpipes to use the exercise bike

Once again they are taking on unnecessary overheads; transport, Meon Milton FC rent, pavilion maintenance...

Moneyfields has two pitches, one for training...

Moneyfieldsgoround.jpg

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/eastney-barracks-return-on-cards-for-pompey-1-4753213

Oh dear.

The story offers so many possibilities to write your own punchline (Cockleshell Gardens, anyone?) but as usual the devil is in the detail as to how desperate they have become.

"The arrangement will see Guy Whittingham’s men change, eat and use the newly-installed gym facilities at Fratton Park on training days.

When did this happen? Where did the money come from to install new gym facilities? Do the hard-pressed creditors know that while they're waiting for their cash, the likes of Rocha and Ertl will be racking up the miles on new exercise bikes which certainly don't come cheap?

The first bit could provide fun, as well. The players will change at Fatpipe Park, get in their cars or cram into a rusty oold Ford Transit minibus, and drive to Cockleshell Gardens, train and then drive back. Tyro League football anyone?

"The barracks is nowadays known as the Cockleshell Community Sports Club. It is closed to the general public, although is used by Meon Milton FC."

I don't know it, but it smacks to me of an attempt to give a former surplus-to-requirements defence establishment a new lease of life as a community facility with every connotation of that you can think of on Portsea Island. Perhaps there's also a player deal with Meon Milton FC whereby p****y get some of their players.

"On Friday, the Blues trained on the 4G surface at South Downs College after hopes of training at Eastney were ended by the weather."

So the pitches at Cockleshell Cove are crap and flood when it rains, and they are basically going cap in hand to any organisation that will have them.

They are homeless nomads.

This is the legacy that Redknapp and others left them with. My, that FA Cup win was worth it.

Why the feck are they eating the newly-installed facilities?

Heard something very interesting today. Can't reveal sources as data protection would mean my job.

No reason to doubt this source as his company quite often sponsored the team match days etc. and even had a hand in a shirt sponsor some years ago. He was approached by the trust to help fund them to buy the club and simply told them "you don't have enough money" needless to say he politely refused. I asked him what he genuinely thought would happen and his reply was without hesitation....liquidation. He believes they have no hope of buying the club unless a real sugar daddy come along.

Though I would share.

this was all predicted when they were lauding it with sol campbell, david james, diarra, glen johnson and peter crouch in their team....

it was an utter train wreck waiting to happen...

what gets me, is that they genuinely think they are some sort of massive club...we were bought by a billionaire and rocketed up the leagues...if they are so massive, where is their saviour..?

and no...no sympathy from me at all LOL

this was all predicted when they were lauding it with sol campbell, david james, diarra, glen johnson and peter crouch in their team....

it was an utter train wreck waiting to happen...

what gets me, is that they genuinely think they are some sort of massive club...we were bought by a billionaire and rocketed up the leagues...if they are so massive, where is their saviour..?

and no...no sympathy from me at all LOL

How about LLLLLLLLOLLLLLLLL? I know I'm taking a liberty in expressing their recent form of 8 straight losses twice, but what the hell. Poetic licence

dan ‏@danpfchall

“@SUFCOfficial: Thank you to the supporters who backed the team tonight" - **** support - **** club - **** ground - c u next season #Pompey

Gary J Cocker ‏@Gaz_Cocks

RT '@officialpompey S****horpe 2 #Pompey 1' - why are we so ****!?! i was only at Wembley 3 seasons ago - #farce

Tom Overton ‏@Tom_Overton

If Bournemouth don't win by at least a four-goal margin on Saturday, we can class that as a victory! #pompey