Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

IMG_1387.JPG

Back in 2011 I jokingly posted a picture of the "Stadium" in Poland where my future father in law coaches the Village Team.

I recall something along the lines that the skates should be aspiring to this level of football.

Then this picture gets posted.

Spooky

Here's the first pic with the VIP Corporate seats I posted way back then

xmrkas.jpg

Dear oh dear Neil Allen, I know your readers aren't the sharpest and they lap up the spin, but are they really going to go for this? Gotta be a new low, even for Allen....Surely??

Guy Whittingham admitted Pompey’s losing streak has prevented him from utilising Liam Walker more.

But the Gibraltar international is in the frame to feature at S****horpe tonight after his impressive substitute display on Saturday

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/whittingham-our-form-has-stopped-me-using-creative-talent-1-4753212

How can it be know as Cockleshell Community Sports Club if it's not open to the public??

Come on Bob, keep up. A community owned football club that is not owned by the community but by property developers training at a community sports club that isn't open to the community is just natural. It's the P*mpey way innit

Agent Connolly has played a blinder:

"...the outlook is not so positive over Connolly, one of just two strikers in Guy Whittingham’s squad.

The former Sunderland striker felt a hamstring twinge against the U’s and had to be substituted.

It now appears he will miss more than the S****horpe visit as Pompey’s medical team seek to nurse him through it."

That should end well, considering how well staffed & equipped their treatment room is :D

Saw their team coach at 12-15 today heading north on the M3 near Chandlers Ford. By time they stop for a break (unless they packed a picnic) I think they are cutting it fine to guarantee arrival at S****horpe on time, I bet the driver is sweating on not hitting any major traffic jams.

On the plus side, it's been reported that Pompey have claimed they were driving Chris Huhne's car and have asked for the 3 points...

:snork:

Dear Moderators,

Can we have a :snork: emoticon please? Something like a coffee drinker spitting beverage into their keyboard because they're laughing so much at the antics of those little scamps dows the road at Fortress Fatpipes

Edited by Waterside.saint

Saw their team coach at 12-15 today heading north on the M3 near Chandlers Ford. By time they stop for a break (unless they packed a picnic) I think they are cutting it fine to guarantee arrival at S****horpe on time, I bet the driver is sweating on not hitting any major traffic jams.

I saw them too and managed a quick pic. Seems that the cost-cutting has meant they've really has to scale back on coach comfort levels, huh?

1967RenaulH01.jpg

Couldn't have been the team, they were training in Sheffield yesterday!

A question for those who may know:

isn't there a March deadline for any club to sign new free agents, by which point no new additions to any squad are impossible? Meaning that should those players not renew their contracts by then it's youth or nothing?

I know the loan window closes by then too but I'm sure there's a worldwide FIFA rule that goes along these lines.

BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport If you're a #pompey fan heading to S****horpe , note it is snowing heavily in East Midlands & traffic is bad. Match is live on 96.1fm & DAB

Oh dear I hope they all make it safely to the game.

Would it not be dreadful if they spent all that money - you know, that money which is in such short supply for them - getting the team up there, & then had it cancelled at the last minute?

@TomYoung17: Supporters' Direct lobbying session in parliament about to start. Will be tweeting throughout. Room absolutely packed.

@TomYoung17: MP Penny Mordaunt up now. Thanks @pompeytrust for being here. "I've been shocked at barriers the trust had to overcome to buy club."

@SuppDirect: Penny Mordaunt said it has been: "really difficult to aide the takeover of #Pompey. Obstacles were incredible"

Edited by trousers

Couldn't have been the team, they were training in Sheffield yesterday!

Just that I saw a maroon "Corporate Travel" coach (I think it was Vision) with a Portsmouth FC sign in the windscreen. Maybe it was the HNW's or some hangers on.

@TomYoung17: Supporters' Direct lobbying session in parliament about to start. Will be tweeting throughout. Room absolutely packed.

@TomYoung17: MP Penny Mordaunt up now. Thanks @pompeytrust for being here. "I've been shocked at barriers the trust had to overcome to buy club."

@SuppDirect: Penny Mordaunt said it has been: "really difficult to aide the takeover of #Pompey. Obstacles were incredible"

These "barriers" and "obstacles" are what most of us would refer to as "debts" and "legal obligations", Penny.

Pompey shops are closed to customers

Published on Tuesday 5 February 2013 17:08

THE two official Pompey shops have closed their doors to customers.

The Pompey Megastore, in Fratton Way, and the shop within Cascades Shopping Centre have stopped trading.

The shops are not owned or operated by Portsmouth Football Club, but instead are operated by Scotland-registered firm Frogmore Retail Limited, known formerly as Kappa Retail Limited.

Pompey spokesman Neil Weld said the club could not comment at this early stage, but confirmed the shops had closed.

The News understands the company is on the brink of administration, but no official notice has yet been published.

Customers said they had been told the stores would be closed temporarily, and the shops’ website would be back to taking orders soon.

One said: ‘I was just told there were legal problems that need sorting out, but they wouldn’t tell me what they are.’

There is a notice on the site saying internet orders cannot currently be processed.

No-one from the shops could be contacted on either of the stores’ lines, or on the general enquiries number when The News attempted to contact the company.

Oops...

@pn_neil_allen: #Pompey club shops closed by Kappa. http://t.co/6Bv8DgZV

So, their merchandising arm has gone bust. Massive club with loyal fans, honest.

Well I'm shocked. The bestest fans in the whole wide world unable to keep their shop afloat? Doesn't make sense, must be some mistake or more likely a faaaaaackin' scummah WUM

Is this the right thread for a relegation countdown - by my reckoning and with the -10 points they could be down in 3 weeks on Tues 26th Feb

Place your bets!

I reckon their relegation will be confirmed on the 1st April at home to Preston North End.

So appropriate.

Place your bets!

I reckon their relegation will be confirmed on the 1st April at home to Preston North End.

So appropriate.

With any luck Scunny will beat them hollow tonight. That would make 8 losses on the spin LLLLLLLL, only another another 16 to go, I can hear their much-depleted 'atmosphere choir' singing their new Pompey Anthem from the broken-down remnants of fortress fatpipes at their last home fixture, "LLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, LLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, LLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Oops...

@pn_neil_allen: #Pompey club shops closed by Kappa. http://t.co/6Bv8DgZV

Thought I'd do a little research on Kappa, and came up with this little gem. Sounds like a perfect fit with the skates:

a kappa is a japanese water monster.

the kappa has a beak, webbed feet and a shell on its back and dwells under bridges, pouncing on any who attempt to cross the river. The kappa also has a bowl-like head, in which it keeps a small amount of water, and this is a key to apparently defeating this monster. when you are confronted by a kappa, your only hope is to make it bow to you, thus making the water fall out of its head and draining it of its power.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})