Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I was shocked when I realised that these are still being 'honoured' this season. Surely the current club is a different legal entity to the one that sold Westwood and his chums their lifelong season tickets? Why does PFC 2011(?) accept tickets issued by PFC 1990 or whatever version of the club it was that existed when they sold these tickets? It's a different business.

I love the fact that TCWTB and all his merry mongs don't actually put a penny into the skates

They bought them in the insolvency in the 90's FFS (PMSL), the lost revenue is probably more than the PDT have raised!

Excluding the new creditors that is, HNWs, Robinson and the PCC

SHA

I honestly think the best thing for them in the long-run is for them to admit defeat. Wind up, and start again in some obscure lower league.

If they carry on flogging this dead fish, it's going to be the same every year. It's fun for us watching it, but the club is so damaged that the only way I can see is for them to start from scratch.

I honestly think the best thing for them in the long-run is for them to admit defeat. Wind up, and start again in some obscure lower league.

If they carry on flogging this dead fish, it's going to be the same every year. It's fun for us watching it, but the club is so damaged that the only way I can see is for them to start from scratch.

Indeed. And the best timing for this was over a year ago...

Slightly off-topic but a recurring theme on this thread. I see Tiger has got back to winning.

Analysts at CBS spent hours watching the changes in his play between him missing the cut in Dubai and storming to victory at Torrey Pines. After running it through super slow-mo one of the bright sparks noticed the complete absence in California of a grey haired man wearing a Saints shirt discussing Pompey's despicable cheating on his downswing.

Slightly off-topic but a recurring theme on this thread. I see Tiger has got back to winning.

Analysts at CBS spent hours watching the changes in his play between him missing the cut in Dubai and storming to victory at Torrey Pines. After running it through super slow-mo one of the bright sparks noticed the complete absence in California of a grey haired man wearing a Saints shirt discussing Pompey's despicable cheating on his downswing.

Are you sure? I live in San Diego. ;)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-1-hartlepool-3-1-4726994

I think the reason Neil Allen is such a tragically bad journalist, stuck on a dying local rag, is clear from the end of the second paragraph/sentence.

"...11 years ago to the very month...."

How many readers are gasping at that brilliant revelation?

Was it 11 years and 6 weeks, Neil? Or maybe 11 years and 9 days?

No, dear reader, it was 11 years to the very month.

The very month, Neil? Really? Truly? The very same month? That being the month of January?

Wow. Amazing. That's a staggeringly interesting piece of trivia which I'm sure will be a staple of pub quizzes for many years to come. "In which calendar month, eleven years apart, did Portsmouth lose at home to both Leyton Orient and Hartlepool?" the quiz masters will ask. The knowing smiles and frustrated "I should have known that" sighs will echo around Britain when the answer is given as "January". Thanks for being so interesting, Neil, I don't know what we'd do without you. 11 years to the very month. Who'd have thunk it?

For those with any interest in the facts, the skates lost to 4-1 Leyton Orient on Jan 5th 2002. On Jan 26th 2013, they lost to 3-1 to Hartlepool. The idea that these two cluster f*ck results happened in the "very same month" is hardly spooky. Lots of things happen 11 years and 21 days apart.

I was, I confess, very hopeful about Neil's opening sentence.... "Perhaps it was fitting for Graham Rix to be there." That was an extremely promising start.

If the second sentence had read "Because we then got repeatedly and mercilessly f**ked up the arse in the way only a convicted nonce would be familiar with"...

...well, then, I would have said Neil Allen would have truly deserved an award for great journalism.

Edited by SaintBobby

This is a difficult situation for a Nutjob to call.

I personally can't imagine anything worse than a reformed pfc storming up the non-leagues back into the FL with a supporting media fanfare declaring the fantastic fans reformed the club against the odds after evil and dastardly owners drove it into the floor despite the endless protestations of the phew.

I want them to carry on like this (LLLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLL.... LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL) but I know this can't go on forever, so I'd much prefer the fan buyout than a reform. Definitely a more painful and mirthful next few years.

That definitely isn't getting away with it

This is a difficult situation for a Nutjob to call.

I personally can't imagine anything worse than a reformed pfc storming up the non-leagues back into the FL with a supporting media fanfare declaring the fantastic fans reformed the club against the odds after evil and dastardly owners drove it into the floor despite the endless protestations of the phew.

I want them to carry on like this (LLLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLL.... LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL) but I know this can't go on forever, so I'd much prefer the fan buyout than a reform. Definitely a more painful and mirthful next few years.

That definitely isn't getting away with it

It's really a discussion about the death penalty or hard labour for life !

All along I have advocated the latter, for two reasons - a) we need a rival, no matter how weak, b) the squirming and infighting under the PDT will be a joy to behold !

You can have your cake and eat it. The best option is hard labour followed by the death sentence. The PDT to take over and sink like a stone. Then to go bust. That way all those bestest phew have lost their £1,000. Can't see too many wives being that supportive of hubby wanting another 1K to start another club. I reckon it will be oblivion eventally for quite a long time!!

I listened to a little of the Solent commentary on saturday and that constant banging of the drum. How can anyone enjoy football with that going on. Whoever bangs that drum for 90 minutes must have a lot of stamina. He must go and not watch Pompey play as he concentrates on banging the drum....thinking about it Im surprised there are not a lot more drums

If forced to reform, any new club would simply be the bastard child of the dirty old inbred, the result of a forced union to shaft creditors - a post-rape, back-alley sprog.

AFC Wimbledon formed for good reasons, but any new pfc would just be created to avoid the debts.

And we all know that they would try to hang onto the history - it might be difficult at first to ignore facts, but give it ten years and they'll be all over the stolen cup like Avram at a beach party.

They are rewriting history as it happens, I see no reason to suggest they won't do it in years to come.

Some pompey fans think that a phoenix club will simply be a transfer of fans and a loss of debt, but it wouldn't.

There are many people who are fed up with football, and when it comes to giving up completely on a sport that has become so tied up with money, the few are the bestest.

I've heard many say that a new club wouldn't be the same and they're not interested in it, any move from Fortress Fatpipes would increase that number.

Their hardcore support at the moment is maybe 10,000 on a good day?

8,000 of those stupidly bought season tickets on promises of a great promotion bid.

I could see a phoenix club with 5,000 followers and little in the way of assets - enough to claw the way up non-league and rekindle the media love-in, but not enough to worry League Two clubs that much.

Whatever way it goes I can only see years in the wilderness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21238173

All too late for Pompey of course.

It does annoy me slightly that we're always listed as a club that's been in admin.

Yes the FL decided to punish us for the parent company going into admin, but they are not a legal financial authority.

From a legal accuracy stance, Southampton FC (The Club) has never been in admin, it was the separate company that owned us went into admin (and had all its debts paid in full.)

I don't know, maybe the fact the FL decided to punish us is enough? As the club itself has never been in admin though, I'm not sure I agree that the BBC should report it as such.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-1-hartlepool-3-1-4726994

I think the reason Neil Allen is such a tragically bad journalist, stuck on a dying local rag, is clear from the end of the second paragraph/sentence.

"...11 years ago to the very month...."

How many readers are gasping at that brilliant revelation?

Was it 11 years and 6 weeks, Neil? Or maybe 11 years and 9 days?

No, dear reader, it was 11 years to the very month.

The very month, Neil? Really? Truly? The very same month? That being the month of January?

Wow. Amazing. That's a staggeringly interesting piece of trivia which I'm sure will be a staple of pub quizzes for many years to come. "In which calendar month, eleven years apart, did Portsmouth lose at home to both Leyton Orient and Hartlepool?" the quiz masters will ask. The knowing smiles and frustrated "I should have known that" sighs will echo around Britain when the answer is given as "January". Thanks for being so interesting, Neil, I don't know what we'd do without you. 11 years to the very month. Who'd have thunk it?

For those with any interest in the facts, the skates lost to 4-1 Leyton Orient on Jan 5th 2002. On Jan 26th 2013, they lost to 3-1 to Hartlepool. The idea that these two cluster f*ck results happened in the "very same month" is hardly spooky. Lots of things happen 11 years and 21 days apart.

I was, I confess, very hopeful about Neil's opening sentence.... "Perhaps it was fitting for Graham Rix to be there." That was an extremely promising start.

If the second sentence had read "Because we then got repeatedly and mercilessly f**ked up the arse in the way only a convicted nonce would be familiar with"...

...well, then, I would have said Neil Allen would have truly deserved an award for great journalism.

:lol: another classic beer over keyboard moment. :lol:

It's really a discussion about the death penalty or hard labour for life !

All along I have advocated the latter, for two reasons - a) we need a rival, no matter how weak, b) the squirming and infighting under the PDT will be a joy to behold !

Unfortunately the PDT is no more, what we are likely to be watching is the PMT. In honour of that local non-league ground next to the railway line.

You can have your cake and eat it. The best option is hard labour followed by the death sentence. The PDT to take over and sink like a stone. Then to go bust. That way all those bestest phew have lost their £1,000. Can't see too many wives being that supportive of hubby wanting another 1K to start another club. I reckon it will be oblivion eventally for quite a long time!!

Joking aside, I sincerely hope that the dimwitted phew do get their money back. To take their money in these circumstances would be akin to fraud.

Joking aside, I sincerely hope that the dimwitted phew do get their money back. To take their money in these circumstances would be akin to fraud.

I don't. I hope each of them loses their cash for being so bloody stupid handing money over to such an unregulated and non-transparent body. A hard lesson learned is usually an effective lesson learned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21238173

All too late for Pompey of course.

It does annoy me slightly that we're always listed as a club that's been in admin.

Yes the FL decided to punish us for the parent company going into admin, but they are not a legal financial authority.

From a legal accuracy stance, Southampton FC (The Club) has never been in admin, it was the separate company that owned us went into admin (and had all its debts paid in full.)

I don't know, maybe the fact the FL decided to punish us is enough? As the club itself has never been in admin though, I'm not sure I agree that the BBC should report it as such.

To be fair - it is a case of legal semantics, and I am Ok with taking our punish ment for going into admin - what I would say though is that there shoudl be a BIG distinction between a club like PFC that blew 400mil odd on chasing a footballing dream, on players, agents etc, and one that was determined to provide an infrastructure legacy - our debt was the stadium, and but for a single season of 'risk taking' on a 6 mil spend, chance are we would not have gon into admin at all... we had the relegation clauses, we had no borrowings for players and wages, we had been well run financially all that time - and ironically it contributed to our downfall, as others around us improved by spending cash they did not have - the example of why points deductions for admin take place - we dont need to argue that morally we gained NO advantage from admin, we did not enter admin from over spendingfor years on players and wages chasing an unfair sporting advantage, desparted for prem success or survival - one silly punt at promotion by those well intentined but naive and it was enough to sink us - and at least we did not take hundreds of local firms with us... Aviva will have had back close to 100% of the initial borrowings by now, with only Barclays taking an agreed hit - and I daresay they are kicking themselves now.... so yes we deserved our -10, but to be lablled in teh same category as those that go bust chasing a dream is simply wrong.... unless we do the same in future

:lol: Love the comments on this site -

What a great scoreline.

Who'd have thought it.

Pompey still have plenty of scum though, I know of a group of 30 Hartlepool veterans who were jumped and outnumbered 5 to 1.

Pompey Scum.

Yeah, I saw that and was really pleased for 'Pool and the fans.

Portsmouth have always had some sly scumbags ...... makes me laugh when people come on here claiming they're all a great bunch of fans and 'would you like to contribute to the Save Pompey campaign?'

Fe ck off.

My mates went by train. They were ambushed on their way back to the station.

There were about 30 of them and everyone of them took a kicking.

Ffs some of them were 50 yr old.

Pompey scum, 5 to 1, 50 yr old.

W@nk3r5.

When I lived in London briefly in the 90's, I was quite surprised to find that most London based fans thought of Pompey fans in much the same way us Northerners think of Leeds fans. Nobody seems to have any time for them and they have a very poor reputation. I met people who thought they were worse than Millwall

Can't stand them. Had their moment in the sun and started giving it the old we're the best fans in the world blah,blah,blah.

They're now back where they belong playing the Hartlepools of this world.

We were there in the old 2nd division in the pub near the away end.

While there were plenty of Sunderland they were giving it the 'we're both proper sets of fans' and singing along with us.

As soon as the bulk of Sunderland had left for the game they turned nasty and outnumbered us 2 to 1. If it hadn't have been that some of us had sussed them we'd have been battered.

As it was we'd smuggled the pool cues under our seats and manged to get them out of the pub while the landlord called the police. He said they did it regularly

Scumbags, was speaking to a couple of the lads yesterday it was a set up. Pompy waited for them near a pub whilst the pools lads where heading back to the train station they then then surrounded them at the pub entrance so they had no where to go and attacked them (bouncers at the pub where in on it too apparently). Some of the pools lads were 50+ one of them with a walking stick (you know who I mean). They don't go for trouble either. Cowards attacking a small group of normal supporters. Thing is I bet they don't come up here in the return fixture in a couple of weeks.

Sounds about right, horrible barstewards. Cowards. Hope they go bust.

Bad enough that it was set up and that they were heavily out-numbered. Braying old fellas with walking sticks? Brave of them. I bet they feel so proud. I take comfort in knowing that half their female populace get kn0bb3d by servicemen from outside the area on a regular basis. They probably have a lot of basteward issues

Surely this website has been invaded by the facking scummahs. Everyone thinks they're the bestest fans.....surely........

To be fair - it is a case of legal semantics' date=' and I am Ok with taking our punish ment for going into admin - what I would say though is that there shoudl be a BIG distinction between a club like PFC that blew 400mil odd on chasing a footballing dream, on players, agents etc, and one that was determined to provide an infrastructure legacy - our debt was the stadium, and but for a single season of 'risk taking' on a 6 mil spend, chance are we would not have gon into admin at all... we had the relegation clauses, we had no borrowings for players and wages, we had been well run financially all that time - and ironically it contributed to our downfall, as others around us improved by spending cash they did not have - the example of why points deductions for admin take place - we dont need to argue that morally we gained NO advantage from admin, we did not enter admin from over spendingfor years on players and wages chasing an unfair sporting advantage, desparted for prem success or survival - one silly punt at promotion by those well intentined but naive and it was enough to sink us - and at least we did not take hundreds of local firms with us... Aviva will have had back close to 100% of the initial borrowings by now, with only Barclays taking an agreed hit - and I daresay they are kicking themselves now.... so yes we deserved our -10, but to be lablled in teh same category as those that go bust chasing a dream is simply wrong.... unless we do the same in future[/quote']

I'm not arguing whether we should have had the points deduction, it wasn't unfair that we got it. (personally, I reckon we'd be half way though a third season in The Championship under Pardew right now if we hadn't got it, but that's a different argument.) The points deduction WASN'T for the club going into admin, it was for conditions the FL regulations didn't cover. Saying that the club itself went into administration is like saying that Pompey's third points deduction will mean they've been in admin three times since getting relegated from the Prem. (Not to mention their parent company went into admin and wasn't punished, but that's yet another different argument.)

we all know that we deserved the penalty, we would have been unable to continue trading for long without the parent company.

BUT Southampton Football Club has never been in administration.

The FL had to circumnavigate their own rules to impose the penalty.

West Ham's parent company went the same way but I don't see them on the BBC list?

Then again many of these pieces are cobbled together by sports journalists who have little grasp of the financial aspects, and that's why we see so many articles that don't understand the level of debt, the percentages written off etc.

Once a sub editor weighs in with a vague headline, anything can come out the other end.

It's like Chinese whispers, so when the easily-led few pick up a paper, they believe the lot, and convert it directly from myth to fact.

Sports reporters shouldn't need to know about CVA voting precentages and the like, though I was concerned when a local business journalist had to ask random Nutjobs on Twitter for explanations as to the state of the court case after said journalist displayed the business acumen of someone who would struggle to cope with the concept of a paper round.

By now you would expect someone in each media outlet that covers pompey to take responsibility for the technical stuff and get it right.

But instead we get all this £60M debt, Chanrai owns the ground, the fan buyout, the Trust will have the keys by Friday nonesense.

And still they don't report that not a penny of historic debt has been paid by the club.

Though Nutjobs have done fine work educating the rest of football about the real scandal behind the fairytale of the media darlings who are battling against all odds.

If nothing else I think we have all learned quite a bit about insolvency law, and where to find a local brothel that also sells vans.

To be fair - it is a case of legal semantics' date=' and I am Ok with taking our punish ment for going into admin - what I would say though is that there shoudl be a BIG distinction between a club like PFC that blew 400mil odd on chasing a footballing dream, on players, agents etc, and one that was determined to provide an infrastructure legacy - our debt was the stadium, and but for a single season of 'risk taking' on a 6 mil spend, chance are we would not have gon into admin at all... we had the relegation clauses, we had no borrowings for players and wages, we had been well run financially all that time - and ironically it contributed to our downfall, as others around us improved by spending cash they did not have - the example of why points deductions for admin take place - we dont need to argue that morally we gained NO advantage from admin, we did not enter admin from over spendingfor years on players and wages chasing an unfair sporting advantage, desparted for prem success or survival - one silly punt at promotion by those well intentined but naive and it was enough to sink us - and at least we did not take hundreds of local firms with us... Aviva will have had back close to 100% of the initial borrowings by now, with only Barclays taking an agreed hit - and I daresay they are kicking themselves now.... so yes we deserved our -10, but to be lablled in teh same category as those that go bust chasing a dream is simply wrong.... unless we do the same in future[/quote']

Totally this. Summarises in a nutshell what Pompey fans simply "don't get"

I'm not arguing whether we should have had the points deduction, it wasn't unfair that we got it. (personally, I reckon we'd be half way though a third season in The Championship under Pardew right now if we hadn't got it, but that's a different argument.) The points deduction WASN'T for the club going into admin, it was for conditions the FL regulations didn't cover. Saying that the club itself went into administration is like saying that Pompey's third points deduction will mean they've been in admin three times since getting relegated from the Prem. (Not to mention their parent company went into admin and wasn't punished, but that's yet another different argument.)

:) I understand... I guess though that withut the 'parent company' we would not have had an SFC. In a way, I am glad the FL did do what they did, as it means we can not be accused of 'circumnvigating the rules'.

In other news that will shock, err, absolutely no one, Pompey kids are praised for making a video that should help avoid them being prosecuted for abusing drugs

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/law-and-order/teenagers-film-rights-stop-and-search-video-1-4674411

Looking for praise after being caught red-handed doing something highly illegal/morally reprehensible? It's the pompey way

@pn_neil_allen: Forget the game, have heard best chant this season. After 39 secs #Pompey fans singing 'How bad must you be, you still haven't scored'.

So you should forget the game.

Still holding on to 0-0 at HT, but 64% possession to County.

@pn_neil_allen: Forget the game, have heard best chant this season. After 39 secs #Pompey fans singing 'How bad must you be, you still haven't scored'.

Can't quite work this one out. "Best chant"? The boy needs to get out more. What a weird weird thing to publicise - about as funny as toothache.

Can't quite work this one out. "Best chant"? The boy needs to get out more. What a weird weird thing to publicise - about as funny as toothache.

And totally flies in the face of their 'we always get behind our team' claims.

Bet it makes the younger players they have finally brought in feel outstanding!

Just saw this

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=507%3Aticket-prices&catid=34%3Ademo-category

They ask the question "How do we fill the ‘Park’?"

Surely you don't need to ask the bestest that as they will fill the park no matter the cost. Surely they meant how to make the park bigger so to fit everyone in?

I reckon £50.00 is fair, if they pay the fans £50.00 a game they may actually go Fratton Park.

Just saw this

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=507%3Aticket-prices&catid=34%3Ademo-category

They ask the question "How do we fill the ‘Park’?"

Surely you don't need to ask the bestest that as they will fill the park no matter the cost. Surely they meant how to make the park bigger so to fit everyone in?

This encapsulates everything about the trust: a whiff of desperation and a glimpse into their hole filled business plan filled with optimism.

AndyMac ‏@beiderbecks

Yes I walked out when they scored the 2nd. #Pompey we are ****! Never done that in 35 years.

LB ‏@lukebrookes8

Il say it again whittingham and awford out #pompey the players can't be that bad it's them 2 useless articles #ouuuut

Charlie Newing ‏@TheChief657

Darn. So close to a glorious 0-0 draw. Oh well #Pompey

Hang on, Pompey fans NEVER walk out on their team, always supporting the team through thick and thin...

Not a good night for Neil Allen, Villa lost as well :lol:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})