Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I actually feel a bit sorry for Colin Fermery; he's coming across as completely deluded and entirely ignorant of the precise finances of the PDT's bid.

Fratton park: £2.75M (best case)

CVA: £850K

Player deferrrals: £8.5M

PKF fees: £2M bare minimum

Where is the money coming from? "Reworking" the business plan is not an answer.

Plus legal fees (Theirs and Portpin) (Can't see how they wont have to pay Chanrai's costs after gettig it adjourned twice)

Plus the 2 million floating charge

Plus Kanu's settlement

Plus a little bit of working capital wouldn't go amiss.

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]16:31[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Nigel Adkins

Do Pompey need a manager, would love a decent club to join.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

:lol:

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]16:18[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Walter

Hi Colin - just to clarify....what's your "job title" in your roll at the Trust?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]16:19[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text]Colin:

I am the official PST live webchat blogger. And spokesperson as well... ;o)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]16:22[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Guest

some of you need to remember colin is spokesman not account for PST[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Colin is the ultimate uninformed and clueless spokesman. A dangerous mix, as we have discovered.

Colin is welcome to use this quote inspired by our equally clueless Fans Trust spokesman, Dave Ford. Always raises a smile with me:

It is very rare I am lost for words but I saw the prospectus last week and it is awesome - a tremendous tribute to great fans. These fans have waited a long time for this and it is going to be fantastic. I really believe it will be the best football prospectus anywhere both in size and the amount of detail

ted-bates.jpg

Well from Gemmell/Krakens figures i make that £19M MINIMUM; what will blow it apart is when the Judge in a weeks time (getting exciting now, like the build up to Xmas) adds another £4 -5M or even just says no to PKF. Cant wait....

And then work out where that £19m (minimum) is coming from:

£8m PPs

£2m pledges - being VERY kind

???

???

???

Plus legal fees (Theirs and Portpin) (Can't see how they wont have to pay Chanrai's costs after gettig it adjourned twice)

Plus the 2 million floating charge

Plus Kanu's settlement

Plus a little bit of working capital wouldn't go amiss.

Kraken's calculation already added up to about £14 mil, then add on what you have just mentioned and you are approaching £18 mil !

Paid over 4 years this is bestways £4.5 mil per year before they start covering running costs !

Would I be the first on here to suggest that 'the figures don't add up' ??

:)WTFILN :)

So to sum up......

1. Additional funding to buy the stadium has been found in a reworked business plan.....but Colin has not seen the latest business plan.

2. The High Court delay was good news for PST as it gives them extra time to convert pledges.......but Colin said that most of the outstanding pledges won't pay until the outcome of the court case is known.

3. Colin does not know the scale of PKF's fees because it is a matter between PKF and the creditors.......but he does know these fees are accounted for in the latest business plan........which he hasn't seen.

4. Colin doesn't actually know much about anything......other than all expenses are between PKF and the creditors......and the PST has covered everything in their business plan......which is based on their future revenue projections.

So based on that....the Phew can rest easy.....all is well in PST land.

And Nutjobs can rest easy that their is plenty more hilarity in store. :lol:

Well from Gemmell/Krakens figures i make that £19M MINIMUM; what will blow it apart is when the Judge in a weeks time (getting exciting now, like the build up to Xmas) adds another £4 -5M or even just says no to PKF. Cant wait....

Alas, next week's court session is simply to set a date for the actual court session....no wonder lawyers are rich....

Its ok, nutjobs. Corp Ho has resurfaced on POL to continue the mirth, in a topic about Aston Villa and Randy Lerner.

Lerner should sell Villa and do a deal with the Trust for 49% of the club. He could take care of a small transfer/ wage budget to help us move back up the leagues while the Trust manage the stadium redevelopment with financial help from Tesco. For a relatively modest outlay Lerner (or someone else) could own 49% of a club that's knocking on the door of the PL with a new stadium and run profitably.

:lol::lol::lol:

So to sum up......

1. Additional funding to buy the stadium has been found in a reworked business plan.....but Colin has not seen the latest business plan.

2. The High Court delay was good news for PST as it gives them extra time to convert pledges.......but Colin said that most of the outstanding pledges won't pay until the outcome of the court case is known.

3. Colin does not know the scale of PKF's fees because it is a matter between PKF and the creditors.......but he does know these fees are accounted for in the latest business plan........which he hasn't seen.

4. Colin doesn't actually know much about anything......other than all expenses are between PKF and the creditors......and the PST has covered everything in their business plan......which is based on their future revenue projections.

So based on that....the Phew can rest easy.....all is well in PST land.

And Nutjobs can rest easy that their is plenty more hilarity in store. :lol:

and not forgetting.

5. The business plan (which he hasnt seen) is ROBUST.

The last syllable being the only factual item.

Chairman: "So how much are we now short in the business plan?"

Treasurer: "Best estimate is £18 million, give or take million or two"

Chairman: "OK, let's rework the business plan then. All those in favour of increasing line 79 in the financial model to gates of 32,000 in League 2 instead of 6,000?"

OMFG.

Some highlights from that Farmery interview.

"We've got our budget, the more we can raise over that budget, the more we can spend"

Q: "What are the main hurdles that need to be overcome if the Trust is to be successful?"

A: "I think the key thing is to get over the hurdle of actually owning the club...then I think the business plan kicks in....I think a lot of people who are waverers at the moment will start pledging their money" (he thinks people will write cheques for £1000 after the Trust has taken control...!)

Q: "Where realistically do you think Pompey will be in five years' time?"

A: "Well, if you look at Exeter and AFC Wimbledon....the Championship"

WTFILN

Alas, next week's court session is simply to set a date for the actual court session....no wonder lawyers are rich....

But there is always the OTHER court appearance - you know, the one where clever Trevor has to ask politely for permission from the creditors to extend the administration.

But there is always the OTHER court appearance - you know, the one where clever Trevor has to ask politely for permission from the creditors to extend the administration.

I wonder what the odds would be on an extension to to the administration. Would a judge (or whoever) take into account their previous history / administrations I wonder?

I wonder what the odds would be on an extension to to the administration. Would a judge (or whoever) take into account their previous history / administrations I wonder?

Of course not.

Why would he need to? After all, all he/she would have to do is take a look at the re-worked business plan - the one that Colin hasn't seen yet - and then he/she will be assured that when the PST take over everything will be sorted innit! Not allowing an extension to the admin will mean that the PST will not be able to put into action the re-worked business plan that Colin hasn't seen that will definitely put the club on an even keel financially in four [possibly] years.

Where's the risk in that?

Personally, I'm loving this new era of clarity from the PST, however it does strike me as rather odd that it's only Saints fans that seem to give a monkeys lately, presumably all the stupid skates like knobhead neil have been sucked in by the spin and rowlocks and the others just don't care any more - yeah good luck getting them to write a cheque for a grand :D

Its ok, nutjobs. Corp Ho has resurfaced on POL to continue the mirth, in a topic about Aston Villa and Randy Lerner.

Originally Posted by Corporate Ho/Banker

Lerner should sell Villa and do a deal with the Trust for 49% of the club. He could take care of a small transfer/ wage budget to help us move back up the leagues while the Trust manage the stadium redevelopment with financial help from Tesco. For a relatively modest outlay Lerner (or someone else) could own 49% of a club that's knocking on the door of the PL with a new stadium and run profitably.

I sometimes wonder if we are mocking someone who is mentally ill. Ho and reality have always been, at best, passing acquaintances but they seem to have long since gone their separate ways if this is for real.

Take a bow:

pfcbutton

7:20 PM on 23/01/2013

Another idiot to add, straight to the top of this weeks trolling chart, in at no.1:

Southampton dominance

Gungarrdin

Shooter happy

The Real Realist Returns

Sarah PFC

Pledged but will not pay the 1000

King Kanu the Great

Scumskate

Letiss leGod

Insane Saint

Mental Ray IIII

HMRC

Blue White and Red

Balram called my bluff

Diamond Geezer

Belbin

Simon Templer

Hawks fan76

Laffaminute

Nelson Muntz

Saint Chris

Pendragon

Insolvency Lawyer

nigeladkinsredwhitearmy

The fatest Beagle in the New Forest

Jerry packer

nigeladkinsredwhitearmy

smellsfishy

pompeydown

overtheill

Redadaire

The Lord of Gunwharf

DampDog

Iva Biggin

The Ongoing joke that is PFC

Yeah, but Farmery indicated on the Webchat that it is just a formality and he fully expects the judge to rubber stamp the extension.

This is Pompey - they'll come out of admin when they want....

Colin is the ultimate uninformed and clueless spokesman. A dangerous mix, as we have discovered.

Colin is welcome to use this quote inspired by our equally clueless Fans Trust spokesman, Dave Ford. Always raises a smile with me:

It is very rare I am lost for words but I saw the prospectus last week and it is awesome - a tremendous tribute to great fans. These fans have waited a long time for this and it is going to be fantastic. I really believe it will be the best football prospectus anywhere both in size and the amount of detail

ted-bates.jpg

Thought I explained to you those comments in a personal phone call !! Obviously you have short memory , so perhaps it's you that is clueless !

I do feel sorry for Farmery, he obviously loves Pompey and is desperately doing his best. It seems to me he is out of his depth.

I notice the HNW are not giving the money but just having it put in as a loan against the stadium, not like Leon Crouch who gave the money to save the club, no strings attached. As time goes on it becomes more apparent what a star he was.

Thought I explained to you those comments in a personal phone call !! Obviously you have short memory , so perhaps it's you that is clueless !

Don't rise to the bait Fos, you did what you thought best. Your only mistake was not playing for my team in the forum match. Lol

I think the biggest untruth in all of this is the constant peddling of the lie that the Trust will be majority shareholders. If ALL the pledges are converted then that's £2mil. The trust have stated over and over that they have had 2k pledges. Therefore for them to be majority shareholders then the total value of their bid is less than £4mil. That'll cover everything.

"The more money we raise the more money we have to spend"

Jesus H Christ. Am I the only one looking at that and wondering if Farmery is deluded? You do have debts to pay Colin surely? This seems typical of the reasons why Portsmouth and thinking they are looking to spend money rather than stabilise the club and run it sensibly? spend spend spend

"The more money we raise the more money we have to spend"

Jesus H Christ. Am I the only one looking at that and wondering if Farmery is deluded? You do have debts to pay Colin surely? This seems typical of the reasons why Portsmouth and thinking they are looking to spend money rather than stabilise the club and run it sensibly? spend spend spend

The key thing for me is their airbrushing out of all this new debt. FFS they are where they are because for years they thought nothing of running up hideous amount of indebtedness (because they have a God-given 'right to be competitive'); when they did think about servicing some of their debt it was always to people who could be trusted to 'send the boys round' if they weren't paid - but HMRC, small businesses, charities etc. i.e. anyone they could bully - could whistle for it. And here we go again

@pn_neil_allen: Busy week at #Pompey. Shaun Cooper in on loan from Crawley, Alex Grant loaned to Hawks and new deals offered to Ertl and Russell.

Yeah, Saints' busy week pales into insignificance compared to the exciting happenings at Pompey this week....

I can't be bothered to plough through all of the non-answers from yesterday but I'm sure I spotted an admission for the first time that this is no longer a plucky fan buyout but a partnership between a property developer and the Trust.

We all knew that, but was that the first time they've admitted to mission-creep?

Prior to that it has always been sold as simply a fan buyout.

Maybe this is the brave new world of transparency that we were promised.

Or a slip of the keyboard.

@pn_neil_allen: Busy week at #Pompey. Shaun Cooper in on loan from Crawley, Alex Grant loaned to Hawks and new deals offered to Ertl and Russell.

Yeah, Saints' busy week pales into insignificance compared to the exciting happenings at Pompey this week....

I think it is a shabby attempt to create a facade of normality ie business as usual.

I do feel sorry for Farmery, he obviously loves Pompey and is desperately doing his best. It seems to me he is out of his depth.

I notice the HNW are not giving the money but just having it put in as a loan against the stadium, not like Leon Crouch who gave the money to save the club, no strings attached. As time goes on it becomes more apparent what a star he was.

Indeed Nick, Leon really came up for Saints when it mattered. There doesn't seem to be anyone in their consortium who really has the clout to do the same and living in Devon these days, their so-called fans buyout looks rather different to the one at Exeter! I cannot see how they can service potentially £14-18m of liabilities if people on here are correct - and it could be more - in League 2, without a sugar daddy of some kind. That's without the considerable working capital they will need, especially with the wages they have been used to paying and lack of bringing young players through - O'Neill, Harris and Magri excepted but that's poor for a club that have spent the last 20+ years in the top 2 divisions.

I have to say, I don't think they have gotten away with it anymore....

I thought the high net worth's were only leanding the money till January... LOL

Doesn't "French defender set to sign" sound so much better than "Non-league defender set to sign"

and doesn't "Pompey to offer pair new deals" sound so much better than "Pompey hope two players will agree to stay for another month on reduced terms"

and doesn't "Pompey midfielder wins international call up" sound so much better than "QPR midfielder who has never played for Pompey wins international call up"

The barrel is being soundly scraped.

Doesn't "French defender set to sign" sound so much better than "Non-league defender set to sign"

and doesn't "Pompey to offer pair new deals" sound so much better than "Pompey hope two players will agree to stay for another month on reduced terms"

and doesn't "Pompey midfielder wins international call up" sound so much better than "QPR midfielder who has never played for Pompey wins international call up"

The barrel is being soundly scraped.

Indeed....and the cheeky scamp of the day award goes to....

813b86fe8f3236a782c9bf136ed60aaf_normal.pngFM Saints Researcher ‏@MatthewLeGod

@pn_neil_allen French full back set to sign certainly sounds better than "Hayes & Yeading player set to sign".

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})