Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Didn't they call in part of their overdraft at a moment's notice? (All overdrafts can be instantly recalled, by the way).

My understanding is that they suddenly reduced the OD limit by a million quid or thereabouts (rather than removed the facility altogether), but it was enough to break the camel's back...

Must be a slow news day in Pompeyland this morning :)

My understanding is that they suddenly reduced the OD limit by a million quid or thereabouts (rather than removed the facility altogether), but it was enough to break the camel's back...

Must be a slow news day in Pompeyland this morning :)

Barclays asked for (all or part of), their money back.

The directors knew that they weren't able to pay and so placed the company into administration.

Prior to Barclays making demand their would have been discussions going on for months.

The Directors placed the holding company into administration, however they did so becuase Barclays chose to withdraw funding.

We have no idea what discussions took place or what actions were taken by either Barclays or the directors which promprted Barclays to decide to make demand.

(One sentence paragraphs - nice I might apply of a job at the News.)

Some Pompey news at last.....

Their game at S****horpe has just been called off.....which means their unbeaten run now stretches into two weeks....

So my comment when last weeks game was called off that they have already played their final game and it slipped by unnoticed is still yet to be proved wrong ;)

If Nige taught us anything it was to look for the positives.

So as a tribute to him -

it could be worse, he could have been f#cking prossies in his club tracksuit, driven there by his club driver, all paid for by season ticket money.

Or he could have stood in the middle of the pitch with a hard on and delivered a cliched rallying call to a partially-packed park of cross-eyed sister-botherers.

If Nige taught us anything it was to look for the positives.

So as a tribute to him -

it could be worse, he could have been f#cking prossies in his club tracksuit, driven there by his club driver, all paid for by season ticket money.

Or he could have stood in the middle of the pitch with a hard on and delivered a cliched rallying call to a partially-packed park of cross-eyed sister-botherers.

:lol::lol:

Some light reading to take your mind off the unfortunate events of today.

The judgement from the Mark Jacob disciplinary hearing:

http://www.solicitorstribunal.org.uk/Content/documents/10917.2012.Fuglers.Berens.Fugler.Jacob.pdf

Can someone with a legal bent (ooer!!) dissect out the pertinent bits?

Found guilty on some of the matters - probably enough to interest the football authorities (maybe)

See Section 43

The Tribunal Ordered that the Fourth Respondent, Mark Silas Jacob, solicitor, do pay

a fine of £5,000.00, such penalty to be forfeit to Her Majesty the Queen, and it further

Ordered that he do pay the costs of and incidental to this application and enquiry fixed

in the sum of £3,750.00.

today is the first day since I started this thread that it is better to be a P+mpey supporter than a Saints fan. Hurry up tomorrow when normal service will be resumed.

A wise man once said 'the worst day on the golf course is still better than the best day in the office'

A wiser one says the worst day being a Saints fan is still infinitely better than the best a skate can hope for.

A wise man once said 'the worst day on the golf course is still better than the best day in the office'

A wiser one says the worst day being a Saints fan is still infinitely better than the best a skate can hope for.

That's all well and good, but I had a fantastic day on the golf course today.

THEN I got the txt message which has managed to make it one muvva fukker of a horrible day

That's all well and good, but I had a fantastic day on the golf course today.

THEN I got the txt message which has managed to make it one muvva fukker of a horrible day

Stop bloody moaning, at least you got on the course, mine was a foot under the white stuff!

Init nice how you strips have just manèged to clime the fight off relegation ladder and another big fookoff snake is ready to bite you in the arse, Thought you had a hard task staying in the prem with the smug one in charge, But old nickol-ass as pulled the bunny out of the hat with this one, wonder how long it will be before you have a player revolt,

Init nice how you strips have just manèged to clime the fight off relegation ladder and another big fookoff snake is ready to bite you in the arse, Thought you had a hard task staying in the prem with the smug one in charge, But old nickol-ass as pulled the bunny out of the hat with this one, wonder how long it will be before you have a player revolt,

The standard of English teachers on Portsea Island is appalling.

Subtitles?

well spotted Lazlo. :)

You win the Sherlock Holmes award for observation, codebreaking, and attention to detail....

Meanwhile, I see pompey's unbeaten run continues but their turnover has hit rock bottom.

With unused hotels and coaches booked the HNWIs will be coughing up a few more quid before the next court appearance with no revenue to cover Trev's ever-spiralling fees.

If I didn't know any better I might think that they were terminally-insolvent.

Normal service is resumed.

The standard of English teachers on Portsea Island is appalling.

Better effort than our new manager can muster ;)

Subtitles?

Meh, not subtle at all. :rolleyes:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})