Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

This was something raised by BTF and it would seem a perfect solution;

http://www.bevirs.co.uk/commercial/overage.htm

That explains it quite well, but goggle "Overage" and there is plenty on it.

For what it is worth, I don't buy the tesco deal and i am not convinced that robinson has actually bought the other land. Apart from the news, the only info is from teh bbc (who have been poor on details throughout this whole thing) is a line that says he has exchanged contracts. If the land was so important to Tesco, they would have bought it themselves.

Tesco have a massive land bank so I agree with the comment by Gemmel. It's probably of interest but not a priority.

On the wider perspective, I'm perplexed at how and why the PST say they are going to buy FP on two points. The first is where is the money coming from obviously, the second is why make statements like that before the court case? It just seems detrimental to their cause.

This was something raised by BTF and it would seem a perfect solution;

http://www.bevirs.co.uk/commercial/overage.htm

That explains it quite well, but goggle "Overage" and there is plenty on it.

For what it is worth, I don't buy the tesco deal and i am not convinced that robinson has actually bought the other land. Apart from the news, the only info is from teh bbc (who have been poor on details throughout this whole thing) is a line that says he has exchanged contracts. If the land was so important to Tesco, they would have bought it themselves.

Appy (poster on here) reported last week that the land had been bought by Tesco (IIRC)...

Tesco have a massive land bank so I agree with the comment by Gemmel. It's probably of interest but not a priority.

On the wider perspective, I'm perplexed at how and why the PST say they are going to buy FP on two points. The first is where is the money coming from obviously, the second is why make statements like that before the court case? It just seems detrimental to their cause.

If robinson os out of the deal to buy fatpipes, then the bid was dead. My best guess (And that is all it is) is that they will use the parachute payments and then pay the football creditors over time. I think I am right in saying the unsecured creditors have to be paid back within five years..... May be it is the same with the football creditors?

But they postponed the case again, so whatever they are doing is not finalised yet, however I think the next pp money is at teh begining of Feb..... Rather handy if the date set on the 31th falls after that.

If robinson os out of the deal to buy fatpipes, then the bid was dead. My best guess (And that is all it is) is that they will use the parachute payments and then pay the football creditors over time. I think I am right in saying the unsecured creditors have to be paid back within five years..... May be it is the same with the football creditors?

But they postponed the case again, so whatever they are doing is not finalised yet, however I think the next pp money is at teh begining of Feb..... Rather handy if the date set on the 31th falls after that.

I think they must have found some new source of funding. I can't believe they'd be allowed to use parachute payments to fund a Fratton Park purchase.

I think they must have found some new source of funding. I can't believe they'd be allowed to use parachute payments to fund a Fratton Park purchase.

I am sure Birch said somewhere that the next parchute payment is already taken care off anyway,

If one goes by everything one has read from the PDT HQ over the last 6 months I think the parachute payments have been allocated to pay for at least half a dozen different debts or purchase commitments. Reeks of Gordon Brown's spending plans a few years back...

I am sure Birch said somewhere that the next parchute payment is already taken care off anyway,

And not forgetting that the insightful news reporter Mr Allen said in his Webchat last week: "forget about the parachute payments - they've already been allocated to pay off the football creditor debts" (or words to that effect)

Here's how I see it:

Robinson had put together a "buy & lease back" deal that had some kind of clause that would let him evict his tenants at some time. The Trust were happy with that. They'll sign anything 'coz it's Trust or Bust after all, innit? But somebody, probably Birch or Chainrai, rumbled it, and Robinson walked. He (a Spurs fan) was never interested in being the long term landlord. He was banking on them not being able to afford to buy it back, leaving him free after five years to do what he wanted with it.

They know, after three years of being bankrupt, that nobody else is going to step up and buy the ground for them on terms that weren't acceptable to Robinson.

So their choices were:

1. That's it, we're fooked, or;

2. That's brilliant, now we can try and buy FP for ourselves.

They've got 2 weeks to come up with another five million quid, or else they will own the phoenix club playing somewhere else and FP wil be a development site.

That's alright then. It was absolutely fine 25 years ago to train at random 3rd rate facilities, so it will be perfectly fine in 2013.

I mean, it's not like much has changed in football since '89, has it?

Crickey, I almost feel some sympathy for the poor fools that they have on their books.

Almost...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/roko-offer-pompey-training-home-1-4684288

In a world where "Once bitten, twice shy" doesn't apply...

We have a long history with Pompey and working as a partnership.‘We’ve provided them with pitches to use. They also have use of Roko’s gym and swimming pool.

‘When the club has gone into administration in the past we have taken hits and written money off – but we want to help the club out.

‘We are more than happy to support the club. After all, we are part of the local community.

Here's how I see it:

Robinson had put together a "buy & lease back" deal that had some kind of clause that would let him evict his tenants at some time. The Trust were happy with that. They'll sign anything 'coz it's Trust or Bust after all, innit? But somebody, probably Birch or Chainrai, rumbled it, and Robinson walked. He (a Spurs fan) was never interested in being the long term landlord. He was banking on them not being able to afford to buy it back, leaving him free after five years to do what he wanted with it.

They know, after three years of being bankrupt, that nobody else is going to step up and buy the ground for them on terms that weren't acceptable to Robinson.

So their choices were:

1. That's it, we're fooked, or;

2. That's brilliant, now we can try and buy FP for ourselves.

They've got 2 weeks to come up with another five million quid, or else they will own the phoenix club playing somewhere else and FP wil be a development site.

I can buy all of that......But why has he walked away from the deal? It is a lot of cash for a developer to tie up without any short term returns, but what happened from agreeing the deal to postponing the court case.......

But why has he walked away from the deal?

He saw it as a "five year then cash in" deal. Somebody else didn't. When the loophole was closed he walked.

It wasn't really a huge sum to tie up short term. The potential gains in commercial property from rock bottom over the next five years will be quite attractive.

edit: Sorry I didn' really answer your point. I think he stuck the original deal (with the get-out clause) with the Trust, but when it came time to agree final terms with Birch and/or Chainrai, it was kicked out.

Edited by hutch

REL have not walked; as I said before they are banking on getting FP on the cheap; marry it with the Miland car park and you have a 'planning unit' that PCC will then deal with, they do not want the sites in isolation. Tesco are there to do a store on stilts (like Fareham) that is compliant with their strategy/format, and will either buy or lease. REL will not have the money to develop or have it any where near pre funded yet its too vague. You are talking 3- 4 years until any profit is realised. PFC do not have that amount of time, 3-4 weeks more like!!

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]3:57

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Paul

If we were inthe promotion race next season we could expect 15,000 plus crowds[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:58

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]phpVLbOxpSteve_Wilson_150.jpg[/TD]

[TD]Steve:

I don't doubt that at all. If there was a bit of momentum and a bit of optimism, fans would come flooding back and we'd see 18000+. A lot of people are just sick and tired of all the goings on. They just want to see their club play football and not have to be financial experts.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 578]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 506]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From PTID

@the_lock_man - there's money around to be spent on the important things, like better players. We can put of the creditors again (we've done it before and they are prepared to wait - in fact they would have no choice) or use the PST pledges and just rent Fratton for a peppercorn rent.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Own up

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]3:57[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Paul

If we were inthe promotion race next season we could expect 15,000 plus crowds[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:58[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Steve:

I don't doubt that at all. If there was a bit of momentum and a bit of optimism, fans would come flooding back and we'd see 18000+. A lot of people are just sick and tired of all the goings on. They just want to see their club play football and not have to be financial experts.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

League One or League Two promotion race?

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]3:57

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Paul

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:58

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Steve:

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Joke .... when have they EVER been financial experts ....... Financial Shysters more like

Civil war could about to break out on POL. Recent PST statement about rebuilding links with expressfm and in particular a couple of presenters has sent Pompeyscot into a tail spin. Now a poster has called him a **** stirrer! I think a burning at the stake is on the cards for questioning the mighty one!

Civil war could about to break out on POL. Recent PST statement about rebuilding links with expressfm and in particular a couple of presenters has sent Pompeyscot into a tail spin. Now a poster has called him a **** stirrer! I think a burning at the stake is on the cards for questioning the mighty one!

One more poster banned then in the Democratic Republic of POL.

Pompeyscot seems like such a drama queen.

Scumfinder General has blown a head gasket now that he's seen the besmirchment of his intrepid leader.

Maybe you should find out before shooting your mouth off then FFS!!!! If you don't like it then don't let us stop you going elsewhere, with comments like yours you wouldn't be missed!! You have a nerve suggesting Bill is a sh*tstirrer when so many of your posts are controversial at best, argumentative and a wind up at worst. I've seen very little of your posts that are constructive or of reasonable debate, if anyone is a fly in the ointment on here at present it's you.

If you took the trouble to find things out before mouthing off, you'd know a lot more about Pompeyscot, about what he has done in the past for the Trust, what he has done for the Fans Conference. If I didn't know better I'd say you were a scummer, but your only saving grace at the moment is the fact that I think you're not - you'd be off this board quicker than you could say red and white stripes if you were! Mind you, the defence you gave to Howard being called a scummer was quite interesting.

He really seems to have little other meaning to his life than banning people from POL for being (in his eyes at least) a scummah.

Scumfinder General has blown a head gasket now that he's seen the besmirchment of his intrepid leader.

He really seems to have little other meaning to his life than banning people from POL for being (in his eyes at least) a scummah.

Whenever I see quotes from POL I always imagine people like Frattoniser as Orcs from lord of the rings.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})